Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir24-1
Description: microRNA 24-1
Alias: Mirn189, Mirn24, Mirn24-1, miR-189, miR-24, miR-24-1
- Li R, Tao J, Guo Y, Wu H, Liu R, Bai Y, et al. In vivo suppression of microRNA-24 prevents the transition toward decompensated hypertrophy in aortic-constricted mice. Circ Res. 2013;112:601-5 pubmed publisher..MiR-24 suppression prevented the transition from compensated hypertrophy to decompensated hypertrophy, providing a potential strategy for early treatment against heart failure. ..
- Ma Y, Yao N, Liu G, Dong L, Liu Y, Zhang M, et al. Functional screen reveals essential roles of miR-27a/24 in differentiation of embryonic stem cells. EMBO J. 2015;34:361-78 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our findings uncover the essential role of miR-27 and miR-24 in ESC differentiation and also demonstrate novel microRNAs responsible for ESC differentiation. ..
- Liao X, Mao W, Wang Q, Yang G, Wu W, Shao S. MicroRNA-24 inhibits serotonin reuptake transporter expression and aggravates irritable bowel syndrome. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;469:288-93 pubmed publisher..miR-24 played a role in the pathogenesis of IBS probably through regulating SERT expression. ..
- Michael J, Wurtzel J, Mao G, Rao A, Kolpakov M, Sabri A, et al. Platelet microparticles infiltrating solid tumors transfer miRNAs that suppress tumor growth. Blood. 2017;130:567-580 pubmed publisher..Plasma MP-mediated transfer of regulatory RNAs and modulation of gene expression may be a common feature with important outcomes in contexts of enhanced vascular permeability. ..
- Ng R, Wu H, Xiao H, Chen X, Willenbring H, Steer C, et al. Inhibition of microRNA-24 expression in liver prevents hepatic lipid accumulation and hyperlipidemia. Hepatology. 2014;60:554-64 pubmed publisher..Our findings show a novel mechanism by which miR-24 promotes hepatic lipid accumulation and hyperlipidemia by repressing Insig1, and suggest the use of miR-24 inhibitor as a potential therapeutic agent for NAFLD and/or atherosclerosis. ..
- Amelio I, Lena A, Viticchiè G, Shalom Feuerstein R, Terrinoni A, Dinsdale D, et al. miR-24 triggers epidermal differentiation by controlling actin adhesion and cell migration. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:347-63 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a new regulatory pathway involving a differentiation-promoting microribonucleic acid that regulates actin adhesion dynamics in human and mouse epidermis...
- Pua H, Steiner D, Patel S, Gonzalez J, Ortiz Carpena J, Kageyama R, et al. MicroRNAs 24 and 27 Suppress Allergic Inflammation and Target a Network of Regulators of T Helper 2 Cell-Associated Cytokine Production. Immunity. 2016;44:821-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, elucidating the biological function and target repertoire of miR-24 and miR-27 reveals regulators of Th2 cell biology. ..
- Liu Z, Liu Z, Zhang Y, Li Y, Liu B, Zhang K. miR-24 represses metastasis of human osteosarcoma cells by targeting Ack1 via AKT/MMPs pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;486:211-217 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study demonstrated the suppression of miR-24 on osteosarcoma metastasis by targeting Ack1 via AKT/MMPs pathways, providing a novel strategy for the diagnosis and treatment of osteosarcoma patients. ..
- Jingjing Z, Nan Z, Wei W, Qinghe G, Weijuan W, Peng W, et al. MicroRNA-24 Modulates Staphylococcus aureus-Induced Macrophage Polarization by Suppressing CHI3L1. Inflammation. 2017;40:995-1005 pubmed publisher..aureus-induced macrophage polarization through targeting of CHI3L1 and regulation of the MAPK pathway, which may provide a promising therapeutic target for S. aureus-related infections and inflammatory diseases. ..
- Annis R, Swahari V, Nakamura A, Xie A, Hammond S, Deshmukh M. Mature neurons dynamically restrict apoptosis via redundant premitochondrial brakes. FEBS J. 2016;283:4569-4582 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results reveal that mature neurons engage multiple redundant brakes to restrict the apoptotic pathway and ensure their long-term survival. ..
- Zhao W, Wu C, Dong Y, Ma Y, Jin Y, Ji Y. MicroRNA-24 Regulates Osteogenic Differentiation via Targeting T-Cell Factor-1. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:11699-712 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that miR-24 participates in osteogenic differentiation by targeting and regulating Tcf-1 expression in osteoblastic cells. ..
- Roy L, Bikorimana E, Lapid D, Choi H, Nguyen T, Dahl R. MiR-24 is required for hematopoietic differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1004959 pubmed publisher..Although many miRNAs have been implicated in regulation of hematopoiesis, this is the first miRNA observed to be required for the specification of mammalian blood progenitors from early mesoderm. ..
- Liu Y, Huang H, Liu M, Wu Q, Li W, Zhang J. MicroRNA-24-1 suppresses mouse hepatoma cell invasion and metastasis via directly targeting O-GlcNAc transferase. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;91:731-738 pubmed publisher..This may give insight into a novel mechanism and therapy of tumor lymphatic metastasis. ..
- Guo C, Deng Y, Liu J, Qian L. Cardiomyocyte-specific role of miR-24 in promoting cell survival. J Cell Mol Med. 2015;19:103-12 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study for the first time directly tests the cardiomyocyte-specific role of miR-24 in the adult heart, and may provide insight to strategy design when considering miRNA-based therapies for cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Wang L, Qian L. miR-24 regulates intrinsic apoptosis pathway in mouse cardiomyocytes. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e85389 pubmed publisher..These results provide mechanistic insights into the miR-24 mediated anti-apoptotic effects in murine cardiomyocytes. ..
- Hernández Torres F, Aranega A, Franco D. Identification of regulatory elements directing miR-23a-miR-27a-miR-24-2 transcriptional regulation in response to muscle hypertrophic stimuli. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1839:885-97 pubmed publisher..Taking together, our results provide new insights into the regulatory networks driving miR-23a-miR-27a-miR-24-2 cluster expression in cardiac and skeletal muscles. ..
- Vijayaraghavan J, Maggi E, Crabtree J. miR-24 regulates menin in the endocrine pancreas. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2014;307:E84-92 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data show a feedback regulation between miR-24 and menin that is present in the pancreas, suggesting that miR-24 regulates menin levels in the pancreatic islet. ..
- Thomson J, Newman M, Parker J, Morin Kensicki E, Wright T, Hammond S. Extensive post-transcriptional regulation of microRNAs and its implications for cancer. Genes Dev. 2006;20:2202-7 pubmed..These data uncover a novel regulatory step in miRNA function and provide a mechanism for miRNA down-regulation in cancer. ..
- Repetto E, Briata P, Kuziner N, Harfe B, McManus M, Gherzi R, et al. Let-7b/c enhance the stability of a tissue-specific mRNA during mammalian organogenesis as part of a feedback loop involving KSRP. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002823 pubmed publisher..Our study unveils a functional crosstalk between miRNA- and AMD-dependent gene regulation during mammalian organogenesis events. ..
- Zhu Y, You W, Wang H, Li Y, Qiao N, Shi Y, et al. MicroRNA-24/MODY gene regulatory pathway mediates pancreatic ?-cell dysfunction. Diabetes. 2013;62:3194-206 pubmed publisher..Our findings functionally link the miR-24/MODY gene regulatory pathway to the onset of type 2 diabetes and create a novel network between nutrient overload and genetic diabetes via miR-24. ..
- Kang M, Yan L, Li Y, Zhang W, Wang H, Tang A, et al. Inhibitory effect of microRNA-24 on fatty acid-binding protein expression on 3T3-L1 adipocyte differentiation. Genet Mol Res. 2013;12:5267-77 pubmed publisher..The mechanism involved may be the upregulation of AP-1. ..
- Maegdefessel L, Spin J, Raaz U, Eken S, Toh R, Azuma J, et al. miR-24 limits aortic vascular inflammation and murine abdominal aneurysm development. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5214 pubmed publisher..We further show that modulation of miR-24 alters AAA progression in animal models, and that miR-24 and CHI3L1 represent novel plasma biomarkers of AAA disease progression in humans. ..
- Du W, Fang L, Li M, Yang X, Liang Y, Peng C, et al. MicroRNA miR-24 enhances tumor invasion and metastasis by targeting PTPN9 and PTPRF to promote EGF signaling. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:1440-53 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-24 plays a key role in breast cancer invasion and metastasis. miR-24 could potentially be a target for cancer intervention. ..
- Wei W, Hou J, Alder O, Ye X, Lee S, Cullum R, et al. Genome-wide microRNA and messenger RNA profiling in rodent liver development implicates mir302b and mir20a in repressing transforming growth factor-beta signaling. Hepatology. 2013;57:2491-501 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we uncovered dynamic patterns of individual miRNAs during liver development, as well as miRNA networks that could be essential for the specification and differentiation of liver progenitors. (HEPATOLOGY 2013). ..
- Chen Q, Xu J, Li L, Li H, Mao S, Zhang F, et al. MicroRNA-23a/b and microRNA-27a/b suppress Apaf-1 protein and alleviate hypoxia-induced neuronal apoptosis. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1132 pubmed publisher..Our findings may also have implications for the potential target role of microRNAs in the treatment of neuronal apoptosis-related diseases. ..
- Yang Y, Xing Y, Liang C, Hu L, Xu F, Mei Q. An examination of the regulatory mechanism of Pxdn mutation-induced eye disorders using microarray analysis. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:1449-56 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Cdkn1b exert its effects via the inhibition of proliferation and is mediated by mmu-miR-24 and targeted by the TFs FOXO4 and AP4. ..
- Liu X, Edinger R, Klemens C, Phua Y, Bodnar A, LaFramboise W, et al. A MicroRNA Cluster miR-23-24-27 Is Upregulated by Aldosterone in the Distal Kidney Nephron Where it Alters Sodium Transport. J Cell Physiol. 2017;232:1306-1317 pubmed publisher..These findings reinforce a role for miRs in aldosterone regulation of Na+ transport, and implicate miR-27 in aldosterone's action via a novel target. J. Cell. Physiol. 232: 1306-1317, 2017. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Cui Y, Hua Y, Wang N, Chen X, Wang F, Liu J, et al. miR-24 suppression of POZ/BTB and AT-hook-containing zinc finger protein 1 (PATZ1) protects endothelial cell from diabetic damage. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;480:682-689 pubmed publisher..Interfering with PATZ1 expression via miRNAs or miRNA mimics could potentially represent a new way to target endothelial PATZ1-dependent signaling of vascular dysfunction in diabetes. ..
- Jevnaker A, Osmundsen H. MicroRNA expression profiling of the developing murine molar tooth germ and the developing murine submandibular salivary gland. Arch Oral Biol. 2008;53:629-45 pubmed publisher..g., epithelical cell proliferation, mesodermal cell fate determination and salivary gland morphogenesis...
- Ro S, Park C, Young D, Sanders K, Yan W. Tissue-dependent paired expression of miRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:5944-53 pubmed
- Cho S, Wu C, Nguyen D, Lin L, Chen M, Khan A, et al. A Novel miR-24-TCF1 Axis in Modulating Effector T Cell Responses. J Immunol. 2017;198:3919-3926 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate a novel miR-24-TCF1 pathway in controlling effector cytokine production by T cells and further suggest miR-24 could function as a key upstream molecule regulating TCF1-mediated immune responses. ..
- Jin M, Wu Y, Wang J, Chen J, Huang Y, Rao J, et al. MicroRNA-24 promotes 3T3-L1 adipocyte differentiation by directly targeting the MAPK7 signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;474:76-82 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that miR-24 is a novel positive regulator of adipocyte differentiation by targeting MAPK7, which provides new insights into the molecular mechanism of miRNA-mediated cellular differentiation. ..
- Otsuka M, Jing Q, Georgel P, New L, Chen J, Mols J, et al. Hypersusceptibility to vesicular stomatitis virus infection in Dicer1-deficient mice is due to impaired miR24 and miR93 expression. Immunity. 2007;27:123-34 pubmed..Our data suggest that host miRNA can play a role in host interactions with viruses. ..