Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir23b
Description: microRNA 23b
Alias: Mirn23b, mmu-mir-23b
- Chen C, Tang Z, Song Q, Yang M, Shi Q, Weng Y. Downregulated microRNA-23b promotes BMP9-mediated osteogenesis in C2C12 myoblast cells by targeting Runx2. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:2492-8 pubmed publisher..The current study contributes to the understanding of the functions of BMP9 in ossification. ..
- Chen Q, Zhang F, Wang Y, Liu Z, Sun A, Zen K, et al. The transcription factor c-Myc suppresses MiR-23b and MiR-27b transcription during fetal distress and increases the sensitivity of neurons to hypoxia-induced apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120217 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study demonstrates that c-Myc may suppress the expression of the miR-23b-27b cluster, resulting in additional neuronal apoptosis during hypoxia. ..
- Karachi A, Fazeli M, Karimi M, Geramizadeh B, Moravej A, Ebrahimnezhad S, et al. Evaluation of Immunomodulatory Effects of Mesenchymal Stem Cells Soluble Factors on miR-155 and miR-23b Expression in Mice Dendritic Cells. Immunol Invest. 2015;44:427-37 pubmed publisher..Production of TGF-Î² and IL-23 were not influenced by C.S. In conclusion, miR-23b is considered to be one of the mechanisms involved in tolerogenic DCs induction by C.S. in a time-dependent manner. ..
- Chen M, Huang L, Shi J, Lin X, Lv Z, Zhang W, et al. MiR-23b controls TGF-Î²1 induced airway smooth muscle cell proliferation via TGFÎ²R2/p-Smad3 signals. Mol Immunol. 2016;70:84-93 pubmed publisher..MiR-23b may function as an inhibitor of airway smooth muscle cells proliferation through inactivation of TGFÎ²R2/p-Smad3 pathway. ..
- Wu Q, Law P, Wei L, Loh H. Post-transcriptional regulation of mouse mu opioid receptor (MOR1) via its 3' untranslated region: a role for microRNA23b. FASEB J. 2008;22:4085-95 pubmed publisher..We propose a mechanism in which miRNA23b blocks the association of MOR1 mRNA with polysomes, thereby arresting its translation and suppressing the production of MOR1 protein. ..
- Zhan L, Yao Y, Fu H, Li Z, Wang F, Zhang X, et al. Protective role of miR-23b-3p in kainic acid-induced seizure. Neuroreport. 2016;27:764-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that miR-23b-3p plays a crucial role in suppressing seizure formation in experimental models of epilepsy and that miR-23b-3p supplement may be a potential anabolic strategy for ameliorating seizure. ..
- Chen M, Shi J, Huang L, Lin X, Lv Z, Zhang W, et al. MiR-23b controls TGF-?1 induced airway smooth muscle cell proliferation via direct targeting of Smad3. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2017;42:33-42 pubmed publisher..Dual-Luciferase Reporter Assay System demonstrated that Smad3 was a direct target of miR-23b. MiR-23b may function as an inhibitor of asthma airway remodeling by suppressing ASMCs proliferation via direct targeting of Smad3. ..
- Ayyadurai S, Charania M, Xiao B, Viennois E, Zhang Y, Merlin D. Colonic miRNA expression/secretion, regulated by intestinal epithelial PepT1, plays an important role in cell-to-cell communication during colitis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e87614 pubmed publisher..Colonic miRNA expression/secretion, regulated by intestinal epithelial PepT1, could play a crucial role in cell-to-cell communication during colitis. ..
- Li B, Sun M, Gao F, Liu W, Yang Y, Liu H, et al. Up-regulated expression of miR-23a/b targeted the pro-apoptotic Fas in radiation-induced thymic lymphoma. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2013;32:1729-40 pubmed publisher..In this study, using a radiation induced thymic lymphoma model in BALB/c mice, We conclude that the expression of miR-23a/b is up-regulated in radiation-induced thymic lymphoma and it maybe a novel therapeutic target of that cancer. ..
- Zhu S, Pan W, Song X, Liu Y, Shao X, Tang Y, et al. The microRNA miR-23b suppresses IL-17-associated autoimmune inflammation by targeting TAB2, TAB3 and IKK-?. Nat Med. 2012;18:1077-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, IL-17 contributes to autoimmune pathogenesis by suppressing miR-23b expression in radio-resident cells and promoting proinflammatory cytokine expression. ..
- Smirnova L, Gräfe A, Seiler A, Schumacher S, Nitsch R, Wulczyn F. Regulation of miRNA expression during neural cell specification. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:1469-77 pubmed..miRNA were strongly induced during neural differentiation of embryonic stem cells, suggesting the validity of the stem cell model for studying miRNA regulation in neural development. ..
- Wu J, Ji C, Cao F, Lui H, Xia B, Wang L. Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells inhibit dendritic cells differentiation and maturation by microRNA-23b. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, BMSCs affected the activation of NF-ÎºB pathway through miR-23b overexpression resulting in inhibition of the maturation and differentiation of DCs. ..