Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir210
Description: microRNA 210
Alias: Mirn210, mmu-mir-210
- Mukhopadhyay P, Brock G, Appana S, Webb C, Greene R, Pisano M. MicroRNA gene expression signatures in the developing neural tube. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2011;91:744-62 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to identify miRNA expression profiles and their potential regulatory networks in the developing mammalian NT. ..
- Hu Y, Jiang J, Yan Gao -, Wang R, Tu G. MicroRNA-210 promotes sensory axon regeneration of adult mice in vivo and in vitro. Neurosci Lett. 2016;622:61-6 pubmed publisher..We thus demonstrate that miR-210 is a new physiological regulator of sensory axon regeneration, and EFNA3 may be the functional target of miR-210. We conclude that miR-210 may play an important role in sensory axon regeneration. ..
- Qi J, Qiao Y, Wang P, Li S, Zhao W, Gao C. microRNA-210 negatively regulates LPS-induced production of proinflammatory cytokines by targeting NF-?B1 in murine macrophages. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1201-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrated that miR-210 targets NF-?B1. Therefore, our data identify miR-210 as a very important feedback negative regulator for LPS-induced production of proinflammatory cytokines. ..
- Jung K, Youn H, Lee C, Kang K, Chung J. Visualization of exosome-mediated miR-210 transfer from hypoxic tumor cells. Oncotarget. 2017;8:9899-9910 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that cellular components, such as miRNAs from hypoxic cancer cells, spread to adjacent cancer cells in the tumor microenvironment via exosomes and influence tumor progression. ..
- Zheng G, Tao Y, Yu W, Schwartz R. Brief report: SRF-dependent MiR-210 silences the sonic hedgehog signaling during cardiopoesis. Stem Cells. 2013;31:2279-85 pubmed publisher..Absence of SRF expression in SRF null EBs blocked miR-210 expression, coincident with enhanced Shh, and Gli1 gene activity. Thus, SRF-dependent miR-210 expression may operate as a novel silencer of the Shh signaling pathway. ..
- Zaccagnini G, Maimone B, Di Stefano V, Fasanaro P, Greco S, Perfetti A, et al. Hypoxia-induced miR-210 modulates tissue response to acute peripheral ischemia. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2014;21:1177-88 pubmed publisher..The physiopathological significance of miR-210 is context dependent. In the ischemic skeletal muscle it seems to be cytoprotective, regulating oxidative metabolism and oxidative stress. ..
- He M, Lu Y, Xu S, Mao L, Zhang L, Duan W, et al. MiRNA-210 modulates a nickel-induced cellular energy metabolism shift by repressing the iron-sulfur cluster assembly proteins ISCU1/2 in Neuro-2a cells. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1090 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of how nickel impacts cellular energy metabolism may facilitate the elucidation of the mechanisms by which nickel affects the human health. ..
- Krawczynski K, Mishima T, Huang X, Sadovsky Y. Intact feto-placental growth in microRNA-210 deficient mice. Placenta. 2016;47:113-115 pubmed publisher..5-E17.5 reduced placental miR-210 expression, with slight expression changes of some miR-210 target mRNAs. Thus, miR-210 is likely dispensable for feto-placental growth in normoxia or non-severe hypoxia. ..
- Ma Q, Dasgupta C, Li Y, Bajwa N, Xiong F, Harding B, et al. Inhibition of microRNA-210 provides neuroprotection in hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in neonatal rats. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;89:202-12 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the present study provides evidence of a novel mechanism of miR-210 in a neonatal HI brain injury model, and suggests a potential therapeutic approach of miR-210 inhibition in the treatment of neonatal HIE. ..
- Ziu M, Fletcher L, Savage J, Jimenez D, Digicaylioglu M, Bartanusz V. Spatial and temporal expression levels of specific microRNAs in a spinal cord injury mouse model and their relationship to the duration of compression. Spine J. 2014;14:353-60 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that early decompression of the spinal cord may have an important modulating effect on the molecular cascade triggered during secondary injury through the changes in expression levels of specific microRNAs. ..
- Mizuno Y, Tokuzawa Y, Ninomiya Y, Yagi K, Yatsuka Kanesaki Y, Suda T, et al. miR-210 promotes osteoblastic differentiation through inhibition of AcvR1b. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:2263-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-210 acts as a positive regulator of osteoblastic differentiation by inhibiting the TGF-beta/activin signaling pathway through inhibition of AcvR1b. ..
- Li Y, Yang C, Zhang L, Yang P. MicroRNA-210 induces endothelial cell apoptosis by directly targeting PDK1 in the setting of atherosclerosis. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2017;22:3 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests a novel role for miR-210 in the progression of atherosclerosis through the regulation of endothelial apoptosis. This indicates that miR-210 might have potential in treatment of atherosclerosis. ..
- Voloboueva L, Sun X, Xu L, Ouyang Y, Giffard R. Distinct Effects of miR-210 Reduction on Neurogenesis: Increased Neuronal Survival of Inflammation But Reduced Proliferation Associated with Mitochondrial Enhancement. J Neurosci. 2017;37:3072-3084 pubmed publisher..This explains in part the contradictory published reports of the effects of miR-210 on neurogenesis. ..
- White K, Lu Y, Annis S, Hale A, Chau B, Dahlman J, et al. Genetic and hypoxic alterations of the microRNA-210-ISCU1/2 axis promote iron-sulfur deficiency and pulmonary hypertension. EMBO Mol Med. 2015;7:695-713 pubmed publisher..These findings carry broad translational implications for defining the metabolic origins of PH and potentially other metabolic diseases sharing similar underpinnings. ..
- Riccardi S, Bergling S, Sigoillot F, Beibel M, Werner A, Leighton Davies J, et al. MiR-210 promotes sensory hair cell formation in the organ of corti. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:309 pubmed publisher..In addition, identification of inner ear pathways regulated by miR-210 identified potential new drug targets for the treatment of hearing loss. ..
- Liu F, Lou Y, Wu J, Ruan Q, Xie A, Guo F, et al. Upregulation of microRNA-210 regulates renal angiogenesis mediated by activation of VEGF signaling pathway under ischemia/perfusion injury in vivo and in vitro. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2012;35:182-91 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest miR-210 may be involved in targeting the VEGF signaling pathway to regulate angiogenesis after renal I/R injury, which provides novel insights into the angiogenesis mechanism of renal I/R injury. ..
- Hackler L, Wan J, Swaroop A, Qian J, Zack D. MicroRNA profile of the developing mouse retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:1823-31 pubmed publisher..Conclusions. Global expression profiling revealed dozens of miRNAs with significant expression changes in the developing retina. Precise patterns of expression of miRNAs suggest their specific roles in development. ..
- Merlo A, Bernardo CastiÃ±eira C, SÃ¡enz de Santa MarÃa I, Pitiot A, BalbÃn M, Astudillo A, et al. Role of VHL, HIF1A and SDH on the expression of miR-210: Implications for tumoral pseudo-hypoxic fate. Oncotarget. 2017;8:6700-6717 pubmed publisher..This combined analysis provides insights into the mechanisms of HIF-1Î±/miR-210 regulation in normal and tumor tissues potentially useful for understanding the pathogenesis of cancer and other diseases sharing similar underpinnings. ..
- Abdullah A, Zhang H, Nie Y, Tang W, Sun T. CDK7 and miR-210 Co-regulate Cell-Cycle Progression of Neural Progenitors in the Developing Neocortex. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;7:69-79 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that miRNAs are essential for normal NP proliferation and cell-cycle progress during neocortical development. ..
- Zeng L, He X, Liu J, Zheng C, Wang Y, Yang G. Lentivirus-Mediated Overexpression of MicroRNA-210 Improves Long-Term Outcomes after Focal Cerebral Ischemia in Mice. CNS Neurosci Ther. 2016;22:961-969 pubmed publisher..The dual-luciferase reporter assay identified that BDNF was the direct target of miR-210. MiR-210 is a crucial ischemic stroke-associated MicroRNAs and a potential target for the stroke therapy. ..
- Noman M, Janji B, Hu S, Wu J, Martelli F, Bronte V, et al. Tumor-Promoting Effects of Myeloid-Derived Suppressor Cells Are Potentiated by Hypoxia-Induced Expression of miR-210. Cancer Res. 2015;75:3771-87 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide a preclinical rationale to explore miR-210 inhibitory oligonucleotides as adjuvants to boost immunotherapeutic responses in cancer patients. ..
- Mantel C, O Leary H, Chitteti B, Huang X, Cooper S, Hangoc G, et al. Enhancing Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Efficacy by Mitigating Oxygen Shock. Cell. 2015;161:1553-65 pubmed publisher..Mitigating EPHOSS during cell collection and processing by pharmacological means may be clinically advantageous for transplantation. ..
- Kosaka N, Iguchi H, Hagiwara K, Yoshioka Y, Takeshita F, Ochiya T. Neutral sphingomyelinase 2 (nSMase2)-dependent exosomal transfer of angiogenic microRNAs regulate cancer cell metastasis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:10849-59 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the horizontal transfer of exosomal miRNAs from cancer cells can dictate the microenviromental niche for the benefit of the cancer cell, like "on demand system" for cancer cells. ..
- Cicchillitti L, Di Stefano V, Isaia E, Crimaldi L, Fasanaro P, Ambrosino V, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1-? induces miR-210 in normoxic differentiating myoblasts. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:44761-71 pubmed publisher..However, we found that miR-210 blockade greatly increased myotube sensitivity to oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction. In conclusion, miR-210 is induced in normoxic myofibers, playing a cytoprotective role. ..
- Liu C, Tang X. Downregulation of microRNA-210 inhibits osteosarcoma growth in vitro and in vivo. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:3674-3680 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the findings of the present study suggested that miR?210 is a potential therapeutic agent for the treatment of OS. ..
- Mok Y, Schwierzeck V, Thomas D, Vigorito E, Rayner T, Jarvis L, et al. MiR-210 is induced by Oct-2, regulates B cells, and inhibits autoantibody production. J Immunol. 2013;191:3037-3048 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that Oct-2 induction of MiR-210 provides a novel inhibitory mechanism for the control of B cells and autoantibody production. ..