Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir200a
Description: microRNA 200a
- Pandey P, Qin S, Ho J, Zhou J, Kreidberg J. Systems biology approach to identify transcriptome reprogramming and candidate microRNA targets during the progression of polycystic kidney disease. BMC Syst Biol. 2011;5:56 pubmed publisher..miRNAs are small, regulatory non-coding RNAs, implicated in a wide spectrum of biological processes. Their expression levels are altered in several diseases including kidney cancer, diabetic nephropathy and PKD...
- Wu H, Kong L, Tan Y, Epstein P, Zeng J, Gu J, et al. C66 ameliorates diabetic nephropathy in mice by both upregulating NRF2 function via increase in miR-200a and inhibiting miR-21. Diabetologia. 2016;59:1558-1568 pubmed publisher..The present study indicates that in addition to upregulating NRF2 by increasing miR-200a, C66 also protects against diabetic nephropathy by inhibiting miR-21. ..
- Hand N, Master Z, Eauclaire S, Weinblatt D, Matthews R, Friedman J. The microRNA-30 family is required for vertebrate hepatobiliary development. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:1081-90 pubmed publisher..One of these, the biliary miRNA miR-30a, is required for biliary development in zebrafish. This is the first demonstration of a functional role for miRNA in hepatic organogenesis. ..
- Yang S, Banerjee S, de Freitas A, Sanders Y, Ding Q, Matalon S, et al. Participation of miR-200 in pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Pathol. 2012;180:484-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, the miR-200 family members participate importantly in fibrotic lung diseases and suggest that restoring miR-200 expression in the lungs may represent a novel therapeutic approach in treating pulmonary fibrotic diseases. ..
- Hassan Z, Al Olayan E. Curcumin reorganizes miRNA expression in a mouse model of liver fibrosis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:5405-8 pubmed..This is the first study that highlighted the effect of curcumin on liver fibrosis through regulation of miRNAs. ..
- Sharp T, Wang J, Li X, Cao H, Gao S, Moreno M, et al. A pituitary homeobox 2 (Pitx2):microRNA-200a-3p:Î²-catenin pathway converts mesenchymal cells to amelogenin-expressing dental epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:27327-41 pubmed publisher..This pathway and reprogramming can be used to reprogram mesenchymal or oral epithelial cells to dental epithelial (ameloblast) cells, which can be used in tissue repair and regeneration studies. ..
- Andl T, Murchison E, Liu F, Zhang Y, Yunta Gonzalez M, Tobias J, et al. The miRNA-processing enzyme dicer is essential for the morphogenesis and maintenance of hair follicles. Curr Biol. 2006;16:1041-9 pubmed..These results reveal critical roles for Dicer in the skin and implicate miRNAs in key aspects of epidermal and hair-follicle development and function. ..
- Crépin D, Benomar Y, Riffault L, Amine H, Gertler A, Taouis M. The over-expression of miR-200a in the hypothalamus of ob/ob mice is linked to leptin and insulin signaling impairment. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014;384:1-11 pubmed publisher..These findings link the alteration of leptin and insulin signaling to the up-regulation of hypothalamic miR-200a which could be a new target for treatment of obesity. ..
- Katsuyama E, Yan M, Watanabe K, Matsushima S, Yamamura Y, Hiramatsu S, et al. Downregulation of miR-200a-3p, Targeting CtBP2 Complex, Is Involved in the Hypoproduction of IL-2 in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus-Derived T Cells. J Immunol. 2017;198:4268-4276 pubmed publisher..Our studies have revealed a new epigenetic pathway in the control of IL-2 production in SLE whereby low levels of miR-200a-3p accumulate the binding of the ZEB1-CtBP2 complex to the IL-2 promoter and suppress IL-2 production. ..
- Sangani R, Periyasamy Thandavan S, Kolhe R, Bhattacharyya M, Chutkan N, Hunter M, et al. MicroRNAs-141 and 200a regulate the SVCT2 transporter in bone marrow stromal cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2015;410:19-26 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that both miRNAs are novel regulators of the SVCT2 transporter and play an important role in the osteogenic differentiation of BMSCs. ..
- Roybal J, Zang Y, Ahn Y, Yang Y, Gibbons D, Baird B, et al. miR-200 Inhibits lung adenocarcinoma cell invasion and metastasis by targeting Flt1/VEGFR1. Mol Cancer Res. 2011;9:25-35 pubmed publisher..Flt1 knockdown decreased the growth and metastasis of tumor cells in syngeneic mice. We conclude that miR-200 suppresses lung tumorigenesis by targeting Flt1. ..
- Liu Y, Liu Q, Jia W, Chen J, Wang J, Ye D, et al. MicroRNA-200a regulates Grb2 and suppresses differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells into endoderm and mesoderm. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68990 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate that miR-200a plays critical roles in ES cell lineage commitment by directly regulating Grb2 expression and Erk signaling. ..
- Shen L, He J, Yang D, Ding Y, Chen X, Geng Y, et al. Mmu-microRNA-200a overexpression leads to implantation defect by targeting phosphatase and tensin homolog in mouse uterus. Reprod Sci. 2013;20:1518-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, clarifying the physiological functions of uterine miRNAs will help to elucidate the embryo implantation process and may even contribute to curing infertility and inventing new contraceptives. ..
- Umeda M, Terao F, Miyazaki K, Yoshizaki K, Takahashi I. MicroRNA-200a Regulates the Development of Mandibular Condylar Cartilage. J Dent Res. 2015;94:795-802 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-200a contributed to chondrogenesis in developing MCC by controlling proliferation and differentiation in MCC cells. ..
- Itoh T, Nozawa Y, Akao Y. MicroRNA-141 and -200a are involved in bone morphogenetic protein-2-induced mouse pre-osteoblast differentiation by targeting distal-less homeobox 5. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19272-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have observed for the first time that miR-141 and -200a are involved in pre-osteoblast differentiation in part by regulating the expression of Dlx5. ..
- Schliekelman M, Gibbons D, Faca V, Creighton C, Rizvi Z, Zhang Q, et al. Targets of the tumor suppressor miR-200 in regulation of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in cancer. Cancer Res. 2011;71:7670-82 pubmed publisher..Lastly, we identified ECM proteins and peptidases that were directly regulated by miR-200. Taken together, our results reveal how expression of miR-200 alters the tumor microenvironment to inhibit the processes of EMT and metastasis. ..
- Tao C, Ren H, Xu P, Cheng J, Huang S, Zhou R, et al. Adipocyte miR-200b/a/429 ablation in mice leads to high-fat-diet-induced obesity. Oncotarget. 2016;7:67796-67807 pubmed publisher..For the first time, our studies demonstrated the essential role of miR-200b/a/429 in adipocytes in the regulation of HFD-induced whole-body metabolic changes. ..
- Ma J, Shui S, Han X, Guo D, Li T, Yan L. microRNA-200a silencing protects neural stem cells against cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0172178 pubmed publisher..01 or P < 0.001). These data indicate miR-200a silencing protects NSCs from OGD/R-induced injury, possibly via regulating the STATs/c-Myc and MAPK/c-Myc signalings. ..
- Hennessy E, Clynes M, Jeppesen P, O Driscoll L. Identification of microRNAs with a role in glucose stimulated insulin secretion by expression profiling of MIN6 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;396:457-62 pubmed publisher..In this study, we have also identified 21 miRNAs not previously known to have a potential murine homologue. ..
- Kolesnikoff N, Attema J, Roslan S, Bert A, Schwarz Q, Gregory P, et al. Specificity protein 1 (Sp1) maintains basal epithelial expression of the miR-200 family: implications for epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:11194-205 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate that miR-200 family members require Sp1 to drive basal expression and to maintain an epithelial state. ..
- Cao Y, Feng B, Chen S, Chu Y, Chakrabarti S. Mechanisms of endothelial to mesenchymal transition in the retina in diabetes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:7321-31 pubmed publisher..These data indicate glucose-induced EndMT in vitro and in vivo is possibly mediated through TGFÎ² and regulated by miR-200b and p300. ..
- Korpal M, Ell B, Buffa F, Ibrahim T, Blanco M, CeliÃ Terrassa T, et al. Direct targeting of Sec23a by miR-200s influences cancer cell secretome and promotes metastatic colonization. Nat Med. 2011;17:1101-8 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings suggest a pleiotropic role of miR-200s in promoting metastatic colonization by influencing E-cadherin-dependent epithelial traits and Sec23a-mediated tumor cell secretome. ..