Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir1a-2
Description: microRNA 1a-2
Alias: Mir1-2, Mirn1-2, mmu-mir-1-2, mmu-mir-1a-2
- Elia L, Contu R, Quintavalle M, Varrone F, Chimenti C, Russo M, et al. Reciprocal regulation of microRNA-1 and insulin-like growth factor-1 signal transduction cascade in cardiac and skeletal muscle in physiological and pathological conditions. Circulation. 2009;120:2377-85 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a critical role of miR-1 in mediating the effects of the IGF-1 pathway and demonstrate a feedback loop between miR-1 expression and the IGF-1 signal transduction cascade. ..
- Hoesel B, Bhujabal Z, Przemeck G, Kurz Drexler A, Weisenhorn D, Angelis M, et al. Combination of in silico and in situ hybridisation approaches to identify potential Dll1 associated miRNAs during mouse embryogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2010;10:265-73 pubmed publisher..5 dpc. This suggests that these miRNAs could possibly target the Dll1 3'UTR in these regions. The other miRNAs are not expressed or below the detection limit and thus are unlikely to regulate Dll1 at the analyzed embryonic stages. ..
- Li X, Wu J, Zheng J, Li Y, Yang T, Hu G, et al. Altered miRNA expression profiles and miR-1a associated with urethane-induced pulmonary carcinogenesis. Toxicol Sci. 2013;135:63-71 pubmed publisher..The simultaneous downregulation of miR-1a in lung tissues and serum in urethane-induced pulmonary carcinogenesis suggests that miR-1a is associated with tumorigenesis. ..
- Schneider M, Andersen D, Silahtaroglu A, Lyngbæk S, Kauppinen S, Hansen J, et al. Cell-specific detection of microRNA expression during cardiomyogenesis by combined in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry. J Mol Histol. 2011;42:289-99 pubmed publisher..This approach will hopefully aid in identifying relevant miRNA targets of both the heart and other organs. ..
- Varendi K, Kumar A, Härma M, Andressoo J. miR-1, miR-10b, miR-155, and miR-191 are novel regulators of BDNF. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2014;71:4443-56 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results highlight miR-1, miR-10b, miR-155, and miR-191 as novel regulators of BDNF long and short 3'UTR isoforms, supporting future research in different physiological and pathological contexts. ..
- Mansfield J, Harfe B, Nissen R, Obenauer J, Srineel J, Chaudhuri A, et al. MicroRNA-responsive 'sensor' transgenes uncover Hox-like and other developmentally regulated patterns of vertebrate microRNA expression. Nat Genet. 2004;36:1079-83 pubmed..Furthermore, miR-196a negatively regulates Hoxb8, indicating that its restricted expression pattern probably reflects a role in the patterning function of the Hox complex. ..
- Boutz P, Chawla G, Stoilov P, Black D. MicroRNAs regulate the expression of the alternative splicing factor nPTB during muscle development. Genes Dev. 2007;21:71-84 pubmed..These results indicate that miR-133 directly down-regulates a key splicing factor during muscle development and establishes a role for microRNAs in the control of a developmentally dynamic splicing program. ..
- Qian L, Wythe J, Liu J, Cartry J, Vogler G, Mohapatra B, et al. Tinman/Nkx2-5 acts via miR-1 and upstream of Cdc42 to regulate heart function across species. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:1181-96 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Cdc42 plays a conserved role in regulating heart function and is an indirect target of Tinman/Nkx2-5 via miR-1. ..
- Dirkx E, Gladka M, Philippen L, Armand A, Kinet V, Leptidis S, et al. Nfat and miR-25 cooperate to reactivate the transcription factor Hand2 in heart failure. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:1282-93 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that signalling cascades integrate with microRNAs to induce the expression of the bHLH transcription factor Hand2 in the postnatal mammalian myocardium with impact on embryonic gene programs in heart failure. ..
- Wang H, Zhu H, Wang F, Zhou Q, Gui S, Wang Y. MicroRNA-1 prevents high-fat diet-induced endothelial permeability in apoE knock-out mice. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;378:153-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, those results indicate that miR-1 contributes to endothelial barrier function via mechanisms involving not only MLCK expression and activity but also ERK phosphorylation. ..
- Lee Y, Hong C, Lin Y, Chen R. MicroRNA-1 participates in nitric oxide-induced apoptotic insults to MC3T3-E1 cells by targeting heat-shock protein-70. Int J Biol Sci. 2015;11:246-55 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study showed that miR-1 participates in NO-induced apoptotic insults through targeting HSP-70 gene expression. ..
- Chang C, Lui T, Lin J, Lin Y, Hsing C, Wang J, et al. Roles of microRNA-1 in hypoxia-induced apoptotic insults to neuronal cells. Arch Toxicol. 2016;90:191-202 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study shows that miR-1 can target HSP-70 expression and consequently mediate hypoxia-induced apoptotic insults to neuro-2a cells via an intrinsic Bax-mitochondrion-caspase protease pathway. ..
- Chen H, Shalom Feuerstein R, Riley J, Zhang S, Tucci P, Agostini M, et al. miR-7 and miR-214 are specifically expressed during neuroblastoma differentiation, cortical development and embryonic stem cells differentiation, and control neurite outgrowth in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:921-7 pubmed publisher..These findings provide an important step toward further elucidation of miR function and miR-related gene regulatory networks in the mammalian central nervous system. ..
- Yang D, Lutter D, Burtscher I, Uetzmann L, Theis F, Lickert H. miR-335 promotes mesendodermal lineage segregation and shapes a transcription factor gradient in the endoderm. Development. 2014;141:514-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that miR-335 targets endoderm TFs for spatio-temporal gradient formation in the endoderm and to stabilize lineage decisions during mesendoderm formation. ..
- Zhang X, Zuo X, Yang B, Li Z, Xue Y, Zhou Y, et al. MicroRNA directly enhances mitochondrial translation during muscle differentiation. Cell. 2014;158:607-19 pubmed publisher..These findings unveil a positive function of microRNA in mitochondrial translation and suggest a highly coordinated myogenic program via miR-1-mediated translational stimulation in the mitochondria and repression in the cytoplasm. ..
- Besser J, Malan D, Wystub K, Bachmann A, Wietelmann A, Sasse P, et al. MiRNA-1/133a clusters regulate adrenergic control of cardiac repolarization. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e113449 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identify the miR-1/133a miRNA clusters to be important to prevent a longQT-phenotype in the mammalian heart. ..
- Vo N, Dalton R, Liu N, Olson E, Goodman R. Affinity purification of microRNA-133a with the cardiac transcription factor, Hand2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19231-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Hand2 is regulated by miR-133a in addition to miR-1. The affinity purification assay should be generally applicable for identifying other microRNA-mRNA interactions. ..
- Goljanek Whysall K, Pais H, Rathjen T, Sweetman D, Dalmay T, Munsterberg A. Regulation of multiple target genes by miR-1 and miR-206 is pivotal for C2C12 myoblast differentiation. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3590-600 pubmed..This indicates that the concerted downregulation of multiple microRNA targets is not only crucial to the skeletal muscle differentiation program but also serves to prevent alternative cell fate choices. ..
- Wei Y, Peng S, Wu M, Sachidanandam R, Tu Z, Zhang S, et al. Multifaceted roles of miR-1s in repressing the fetal gene program in the heart. Cell Res. 2014;24:278-92 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-1 and its primary target Err? act together to regulate the transition from prenatal to neonatal stages by repressing the cardiac fetal gene program. Loss of this regulation leads to a neonatal DCM...
- Chen J, Tao Y, Li J, Deng Z, Yan Z, Xiao X, et al. microRNA-1 and microRNA-206 regulate skeletal muscle satellite cell proliferation and differentiation by repressing Pax7. J Cell Biol. 2010;190:867-79 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our experiments suggest that microRNAs participate in a regulatory circuit that allows rapid gene program transitions from proliferation to differentiation...
- Li D, He B, Zhang H, Shan S, Liang Q, Yuan W, et al. The inhibitory effect of miRNA-1 on ET-1 gene expression. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1014-21 pubmed publisher..We further confirmed that miRNA-1 could inhibit endogenous ET-1 gene expression at the post-transcriptional level. Our study provides a new perspective on the regulatory mechanism of ET-1 gene. ..
- Xu X, Zong R, Li Z, Biswas M, Fang Z, Nelson D, et al. FXR1P but not FMRP regulates the levels of mammalian brain-specific microRNA-9 and microRNA-124. J Neurosci. 2011;31:13705-9 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal differential roles of FMRP family proteins in controlling the expression levels of brain-specific miRNAs. ..
- Ota H, Sakurai M, Gupta R, Valente L, Wulff B, Ariyoshi K, et al. ADAR1 forms a complex with Dicer to promote microRNA processing and RNA-induced gene silencing. Cell. 2013;153:575-89 pubmed publisher..As expected, the expression of miRNAs is globally inhibited in ADAR1(-/-) mouse embryos, which, in turn, alters the expression of their target genes and might contribute to their embryonic lethal phenotype. ..
- Pan Z, Sun X, Ren J, Li X, Gao X, Lu C, et al. miR-1 exacerbates cardiac ischemia-reperfusion injury in mouse models. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50515 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study demonstrated that miR-1 is a causal factor for cardiac injury and systemic LNA-antimiR-1 therapy is effective in ameliorating the problem. ..
- García López J, Hourcade J, del Mazo J. Reprogramming of microRNAs by adenosine-to-inosine editing and the selective elimination of edited microRNA precursors in mouse oocytes and preimplantation embryos. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:5483-93 pubmed publisher..These results provide new insight into how editing and Tudor-SN-mediated elimination of miRNA precursors is regulated during early development. ..