Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir1a-1
Description: microRNA 1a-1
Alias: Mir1-1, Mirn1-1, Mirn1b, Mirn1c, Mirn1d, mmu-mir-1-1, mmu-mir-1a-1
- Elia L, Contu R, Quintavalle M, Varrone F, Chimenti C, Russo M, et al. Reciprocal regulation of microRNA-1 and insulin-like growth factor-1 signal transduction cascade in cardiac and skeletal muscle in physiological and pathological conditions. Circulation. 2009;120:2377-85 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a critical role of miR-1 in mediating the effects of the IGF-1 pathway and demonstrate a feedback loop between miR-1 expression and the IGF-1 signal transduction cascade. ..
- Zhao Y, Samal E, Srivastava D. Serum response factor regulates a muscle-specific microRNA that targets Hand2 during cardiogenesis. Nature. 2005;436:214-20 pubmed..This work suggests that miR-1 genes titrate the effects of critical cardiac regulatory proteins to control the balance between differentiation and proliferation during cardiogenesis. ..
- Zhao Y, Ransom J, Li A, Vedantham V, von Drehle M, Muth A, et al. Dysregulation of cardiogenesis, cardiac conduction, and cell cycle in mice lacking miRNA-1-2. Cell. 2007;129:303-17 pubmed..These findings indicate that subtle alteration of miRNA dosage can have profound consequences in mammals and demonstrate the utility of mammalian loss-of-function models in revealing physiologic miRNA targets. ..
- Ikeda S, He A, Kong S, Lu J, Bejar R, Bodyak N, et al. MicroRNA-1 negatively regulates expression of the hypertrophy-associated calmodulin and Mef2a genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:2193-204 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that miR-1 regulates cardiomyocyte growth responses by negatively regulating the calcium signaling components calmodulin, Mef2a, and Gata4. ..
- Callis T, Pandya K, Seok H, Tang R, Tatsuguchi M, Huang Z, et al. MicroRNA-208a is a regulator of cardiac hypertrophy and conduction in mice. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2772-86 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies uncover what we believe are novel miRNA-dependent mechanisms that modulate cardiac hypertrophy and electrical conduction. ..
- Xu X, Zong R, Li Z, Biswas M, Fang Z, Nelson D, et al. FXR1P but not FMRP regulates the levels of mammalian brain-specific microRNA-9 and microRNA-124. J Neurosci. 2011;31:13705-9 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal differential roles of FMRP family proteins in controlling the expression levels of brain-specific miRNAs. ..
- Boettger T, WÃ¼st S, Nolte H, Braun T. The miR-206/133b cluster is dispensable for development, survival and regeneration of skeletal muscle. Skelet Muscle. 2014;4:23 pubmed publisher..We reason that the miR-206/133b cluster alone is not an essential regulator of skeletal muscle regeneration, although more subtle functions might exist that are not apparent under laboratory conditions. ..
- Chen J, Yin H, Jiang Y, Radhakrishnan S, Huang Z, Li J, et al. Induction of microRNA-1 by myocardin in smooth muscle cells inhibits cell proliferation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:368-75 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, neointimal lesions of mouse carotid arteries displayed downregulation of myocardin and miR-1 with upregulation of Pim-1. Our data demonstrate that miR-1 participates in myocardin-dependent of SMC proliferation inhibition. ..
- Takaya T, Ono K, Kawamura T, Takanabe R, Kaichi S, Morimoto T, et al. MicroRNA-1 and MicroRNA-133 in spontaneous myocardial differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells. Circ J. 2009;73:1492-7 pubmed..miR-1 and miR-133 may play significant roles in the myocardial differentiation of mouse ES cells, and Cdk9 may be involved in this process as a target of miR-1. ..
- Izarra A, Moscoso I, CaÃ±Ã³n S, Carreiro C, Fondevila D, MartÃn Caballero J, et al. miRNA-1 and miRNA-133a are involved in early commitment of pluripotent stem cells and demonstrate antagonistic roles in the regulation of cardiac differentiation. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2017;11:787-799 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, gene regulation involving miR-1 and miR-133a controls the mesodermal and cardiac fate of pluripotent stem cells. Copyright Â© 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Nakajima N, Takahashi T, Kitamura R, Isodono K, Asada S, Ueyama T, et al. MicroRNA-1 facilitates skeletal myogenic differentiation without affecting osteoblastic and adipogenic differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;350:1006-12 pubmed..Thus, the muscle-specific miRNA, miR-1, plays important roles in controlling myogenic differentiation and maturation in lineage-committed cells, rather than functioning in fate determination. ..
- Jakoby W, Ketterer B, Mannervik B. Glutathione transferases: nomenclature. Biochem Pharmacol. 1984;33:2539-40 pubmed
- Huang F, Tang L, Fang Z, Hu X, Pan J, Zhou S. miR-1-mediated induction of cardiogenesis in mesenchymal stem cells via downregulation of Hes-1. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:216286 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of Hes-1 leads to the same effects on cell lineage decisions. Our results indicated that miR-1 promotes the differentiation of MSCs into cardiac lineage in part due to negative regulation of Hes-1. ..
- Yang D, Lutter D, Burtscher I, Uetzmann L, Theis F, Lickert H. miR-335 promotes mesendodermal lineage segregation and shapes a transcription factor gradient in the endoderm. Development. 2014;141:514-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that miR-335 targets endoderm TFs for spatio-temporal gradient formation in the endoderm and to stabilize lineage decisions during mesendoderm formation. ..
- Wang H, Zhu H, Wang F, Zhou Q, Gui S, Wang Y. MicroRNA-1 prevents high-fat diet-induced endothelial permeability in apoE knock-out mice. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;378:153-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, those results indicate that miR-1 contributes to endothelial barrier function via mechanisms involving not only MLCK expression and activity but also ERK phosphorylation. ..
- Gagan J, Dey B, Layer R, Yan Z, Dutta A. Notch3 and Mef2c proteins are mutually antagonistic via Mkp1 protein and miR-1/206 microRNAs in differentiating myoblasts. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:40360-70 pubmed publisher..Notch3 is expressed in myogenic precursors, but its function is not well known...
- Liu L, Yuan Y, He X, Xia X, Mo X. MicroRNA-1 upregulation promotes myocardiocyte proliferation and suppresses apoptosis during heart development. Mol Med Rep. 2017;15:2837-2842 pubmed publisher..The present study aimed to provide a theoretical basis for the explanation of the mechanism of CHD and investigate miR?1 as a potential therapeutic target for its clinical treatment. ..
- Chen H, Shalom Feuerstein R, Riley J, Zhang S, Tucci P, Agostini M, et al. miR-7 and miR-214 are specifically expressed during neuroblastoma differentiation, cortical development and embryonic stem cells differentiation, and control neurite outgrowth in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:921-7 pubmed publisher..These findings provide an important step toward further elucidation of miR function and miR-related gene regulatory networks in the mammalian central nervous system. ..
- Vo N, Dalton R, Liu N, Olson E, Goodman R. Affinity purification of microRNA-133a with the cardiac transcription factor, Hand2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19231-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Hand2 is regulated by miR-133a in addition to miR-1. The affinity purification assay should be generally applicable for identifying other microRNA-mRNA interactions. ..
- Qian L, Wythe J, Liu J, Cartry J, Vogler G, Mohapatra B, et al. Tinman/Nkx2-5 acts via miR-1 and upstream of Cdc42 to regulate heart function across species. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:1181-96 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Cdc42 plays a conserved role in regulating heart function and is an indirect target of Tinman/Nkx2-5 via miR-1. ..
- McCarthy J, Esser K. MicroRNA-1 and microRNA-133a expression are decreased during skeletal muscle hypertrophy. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2007;102:306-13 pubmed..These results are the first to report alterations in expression of muscle-specific miRNAs in adult skeletal muscle and suggest miRNAs may have a role in the adaptation to functional overload. ..
- Goljanek Whysall K, Pais H, Rathjen T, Sweetman D, Dalmay T, Munsterberg A. Regulation of multiple target genes by miR-1 and miR-206 is pivotal for C2C12 myoblast differentiation. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3590-600 pubmed..This indicates that the concerted downregulation of multiple microRNA targets is not only crucial to the skeletal muscle differentiation program but also serves to prevent alternative cell fate choices. ..
- Besser J, Malan D, Wystub K, Bachmann A, Wietelmann A, Sasse P, et al. MiRNA-1/133a clusters regulate adrenergic control of cardiac repolarization. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e113449 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identify the miR-1/133a miRNA clusters to be important to prevent a longQT-phenotype in the mammalian heart. ..
- Hua Y, Zhang Y, Ren J. IGF-1 deficiency resists cardiac hypertrophy and myocardial contractile dysfunction: role of microRNA-1 and microRNA-133a. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16:83-95 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that IGF-1 deficiency retards AAC-induced cardiac hypertrophic and contractile changes via alleviating down-regulation of miR-1 and miR-133a in response to left ventricular pressure overload. ..
- Zhang Y, Sun L, Zhang Y, Liang H, Li X, Cai R, et al. Overexpression of microRNA-1 causes atrioventricular block in rodents. Int J Biol Sci. 2013;9:455-62 pubmed publisher..miR-1 overexpression may contribute to the increased susceptibility of the heart to AVB, which provides us novel insights into the molecular mechanisms underlying ischemic cardiac arrhythmias. ..
- Mansfield J, Harfe B, Nissen R, Obenauer J, Srineel J, Chaudhuri A, et al. MicroRNA-responsive 'sensor' transgenes uncover Hox-like and other developmentally regulated patterns of vertebrate microRNA expression. Nat Genet. 2004;36:1079-83 pubmed..Furthermore, miR-196a negatively regulates Hoxb8, indicating that its restricted expression pattern probably reflects a role in the patterning function of the Hox complex. ..
- Lin J. RBM4-MEF2C network constitutes a feed-forward circuit that facilitates the differentiation of brown adipocytes. RNA Biol. 2015;12:208-20 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that the RBM4-MEF2C-miR-1 network constitutes a novel mechanism which programs the gene expression profile toward the development of brown adipocytes. ..
- Boutz P, Chawla G, Stoilov P, Black D. MicroRNAs regulate the expression of the alternative splicing factor nPTB during muscle development. Genes Dev. 2007;21:71-84 pubmed..These results indicate that miR-133 directly down-regulates a key splicing factor during muscle development and establishes a role for microRNAs in the control of a developmentally dynamic splicing program. ..
- Chang C, Lui T, Lin J, Lin Y, Hsing C, Wang J, et al. Roles of microRNA-1 in hypoxia-induced apoptotic insults to neuronal cells. Arch Toxicol. 2016;90:191-202 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study shows that miR-1 can target HSP-70 expression and consequently mediate hypoxia-induced apoptotic insults to neuro-2a cells via an intrinsic Bax-mitochondrion-caspase protease pathway. ..
- Li X, Wu J, Zheng J, Li Y, Yang T, Hu G, et al. Altered miRNA expression profiles and miR-1a associated with urethane-induced pulmonary carcinogenesis. Toxicol Sci. 2013;135:63-71 pubmed publisher..The simultaneous downregulation of miR-1a in lung tissues and serum in urethane-induced pulmonary carcinogenesis suggests that miR-1a is associated with tumorigenesis. ..
- Schneider M, Andersen D, Silahtaroglu A, Lyngbæk S, Kauppinen S, Hansen J, et al. Cell-specific detection of microRNA expression during cardiomyogenesis by combined in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry. J Mol Histol. 2011;42:289-99 pubmed publisher..This approach will hopefully aid in identifying relevant miRNA targets of both the heart and other organs. ..
- Imamura M, Sugino Y, Long X, Slivano O, Nishikawa N, Yoshimura N, et al. Myocardin and microRNA-1 modulate bladder activity through connexin 43 expression during post-natal development. J Cell Physiol. 2013;228:1819-26 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that MYOCD down-regulates GJA1 expression via miR-1 up-regulation, thereby contributing to maintenance of normal sensitivity and development of bladder capacity. ..
- Ota H, Sakurai M, Gupta R, Valente L, Wulff B, Ariyoshi K, et al. ADAR1 forms a complex with Dicer to promote microRNA processing and RNA-induced gene silencing. Cell. 2013;153:575-89 pubmed publisher..As expected, the expression of miRNAs is globally inhibited in ADAR1(-/-) mouse embryos, which, in turn, alters the expression of their target genes and might contribute to their embryonic lethal phenotype. ..
- Li D, He B, Zhang H, Shan S, Liang Q, Yuan W, et al. The inhibitory effect of miRNA-1 on ET-1 gene expression. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1014-21 pubmed publisher..We further confirmed that miRNA-1 could inhibit endogenous ET-1 gene expression at the post-transcriptional level. Our study provides a new perspective on the regulatory mechanism of ET-1 gene. ..
- Pan Z, Sun X, Ren J, Li X, Gao X, Lu C, et al. miR-1 exacerbates cardiac ischemia-reperfusion injury in mouse models. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50515 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study demonstrated that miR-1 is a causal factor for cardiac injury and systemic LNA-antimiR-1 therapy is effective in ameliorating the problem. ..
- Zhang X, Zuo X, Yang B, Li Z, Xue Y, Zhou Y, et al. MicroRNA directly enhances mitochondrial translation during muscle differentiation. Cell. 2014;158:607-19 pubmed publisher..These findings unveil a positive function of microRNA in mitochondrial translation and suggest a highly coordinated myogenic program via miR-1-mediated translational stimulation in the mitochondria and repression in the cytoplasm. ..
- Varendi K, Kumar A, Härma M, Andressoo J. miR-1, miR-10b, miR-155, and miR-191 are novel regulators of BDNF. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2014;71:4443-56 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results highlight miR-1, miR-10b, miR-155, and miR-191 as novel regulators of BDNF long and short 3'UTR isoforms, supporting future research in different physiological and pathological contexts. ..
- García López J, Hourcade J, del Mazo J. Reprogramming of microRNAs by adenosine-to-inosine editing and the selective elimination of edited microRNA precursors in mouse oocytes and preimplantation embryos. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:5483-93 pubmed publisher..These results provide new insight into how editing and Tudor-SN-mediated elimination of miRNA precursors is regulated during early development. ..
- Liu Y, Yin J, Abou Kheir W, Hynes P, Casey O, Fang L, et al. MiR-1 and miR-200 inhibit EMT via Slug-dependent and tumorigenesis via Slug-independent mechanisms. Oncogene. 2013;32:296-306 pubmed publisher..Various miR targets were analyzed, and our findings suggest that miR-1 has roles in regulating EMT and mesenchymal differentiation through Slug and functions in tumor-suppressive programs by regulating additional targets. ..
- Ma J, Duan M, Sun L, Yan M, Liu T, Wang Q, et al. Cardiac over-expression of microRNA-1 induces impairment of cognition in mice. Neuroscience. 2015;299:66-78 pubmed publisher..This study definitely contributes to the understanding of the relationship between cardiovascular disease and cognitive impairment. ..
- Xie C, Huang H, Sun X, Guo Y, Hamblin M, Ritchie R, et al. MicroRNA-1 regulates smooth muscle cell differentiation by repressing Kruppel-like factor 4. Stem Cells Dev. 2011;20:205-10 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-1 plays a critical role in the determination of SMC fate during retinoid acid-induced ESC/SMC differentiation, which may indicate that miR-1 has a role to promote SMC differentiation. ..
- Hoesel B, Bhujabal Z, Przemeck G, Kurz Drexler A, Weisenhorn D, Angelis M, et al. Combination of in silico and in situ hybridisation approaches to identify potential Dll1 associated miRNAs during mouse embryogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2010;10:265-73 pubmed publisher..5 dpc. This suggests that these miRNAs could possibly target the Dll1 3'UTR in these regions. The other miRNAs are not expressed or below the detection limit and thus are unlikely to regulate Dll1 at the analyzed embryonic stages. ..
- Dirkx E, Gladka M, Philippen L, Armand A, Kinet V, Leptidis S, et al. Nfat and miR-25 cooperate to reactivate the transcription factor Hand2 in heart failure. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:1282-93 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that signalling cascades integrate with microRNAs to induce the expression of the bHLH transcription factor Hand2 in the postnatal mammalian myocardium with impact on embryonic gene programs in heart failure. ..