Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir199a-1
Description: microRNA 199a-1
Alias: Mirn199, Mirn199a-1
- Jia L, Li Y, Wu G, Song Z, Lu H, Song C, et al. MiRNA-199a-3p regulates C2C12 myoblast differentiation through IGF-1/AKT/mTOR signal pathway. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;15:296-308 pubmed publisher..Thus, our studies have established miR-199a-3p as a potential regulator of myogenesis through the suppression of IGF-1/AKT/mTOR signal pathway. ..
- Inyawilert W, Fu T, Lin C, Tang P. MicroRNA-199a mediates mucin 1 expression in mouse uterus during implantation. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2014;26:653-64 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the present study provides evidence that MUC1 is a direct target of miRNA-199a and suggests that development of novel strategies to facilitate a successful pregnancy and repair implantation failure humans may include miRNA. ..
- Lino Cardenas C, Henaoui I, Courcot E, Roderburg C, Cauffiez C, Aubert S, et al. miR-199a-5p Is upregulated during fibrogenic response to tissue injury and mediates TGFbeta-induced lung fibroblast activation by targeting caveolin-1. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003291 pubmed publisher..MiR-199a-5p thus behaves as a major regulator of tissue fibrosis with therapeutic potency to treat fibroproliferative diseases. ..
- Chan Y, Roy S, Huang Y, Khanna S, Sen C. The microRNA miR-199a-5p down-regulation switches on wound angiogenesis by derepressing the v-ets erythroblastosis virus E26 oncogene homolog 1-matrix metalloproteinase-1 pathway. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:41032-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, down-regulation of miR-199a-5p is involved in the induction of wound angiogenesis through derepressing of the Ets-1-MMP1 pathway. ..
- Schneider M, Andersen D, Silahtaroglu A, Lyngbæk S, Kauppinen S, Hansen J, et al. Cell-specific detection of microRNA expression during cardiomyogenesis by combined in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry. J Mol Histol. 2011;42:289-99 pubmed publisher..This approach will hopefully aid in identifying relevant miRNA targets of both the heart and other organs. ..
- Hassan Z, Al Olayan E. Curcumin reorganizes miRNA expression in a mouse model of liver fibrosis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:5405-8 pubmed..This is the first study that highlighted the effect of curcumin on liver fibrosis through regulation of miRNAs. ..
- Joshi H, Subramanian I, Schnettler E, Ghosh G, Rupaimoole R, Evans C, et al. Dynamin 2 along with microRNA-199a reciprocally regulate hypoxia-inducible factors and ovarian cancer metastasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:5331-6 pubmed publisher..LOX levels negatively correlated with progression-free survival in ovarian cancer patients. These results demonstrate a regulatory relationship between DNM2, miR-199a, and HIF, with implications in cancer metastasis. ..
- Möbus S, Yang D, Yuan Q, Lüdtke T, Balakrishnan A, Sgodda M, et al. MicroRNA-199a-5p inhibition enhances the liver repopulation ability of human embryonic stem cell-derived hepatic cells. J Hepatol. 2015;62:101-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings suggest that miRNA modulation may serve as a promising approach to generate more mature HLCs from stem cell sources for the treatment of liver diseases. ..
- Li Z, Song Y, Liu L, Hou N, An X, Zhan D, et al. miR-199a impairs autophagy and induces cardiac hypertrophy through mTOR activation. Cell Death Differ. 2017;24:1205-1213 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a novel role of miR-199a as a key regulator of cardiac autophagy, suggesting that targeting miRNAs controlling autophagy as a potential therapeutic strategy for cardiac disease. ..
- Conde Perez A, Gros G, Longvert C, Pedersen M, Petit V, Aktary Z, et al. A caveolin-dependent and PI3K/AKT-independent role of PTEN in Î²-catenin transcriptional activity. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8093 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a mechanism by which loss of PTEN increases CAV1-mediated dissociation of Î²-catenin from membranous E-cadherin, which may promote senescence bypass and metastasis. ..
- Rane S, He M, Sayed D, Vashistha H, Malhotra A, Sadoshima J, et al. Downregulation of miR-199a derepresses hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha and Sirtuin 1 and recapitulates hypoxia preconditioning in cardiac myocytes. Circ Res. 2009;104:879-86 pubmed publisher..In addition, the data demonstrate a functional link between 2 key molecules that regulate hypoxia preconditioning and longevity. ..
- Huang G, Shan H, Li D, Zhou B, Pang P. MiR-199a-5p suppresses tumorigenesis by targeting clathrin heavy chain in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cell Biochem Funct. 2017;35:98-104 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the frequently down-regulated miR-199a-5p can regulate CLTC and might function as a tumor suppressor in HCC. Therefore, miR-199a-5p may serve as a useful therapeutic agent for miRNA-based HCC therapy. ..
- Fu J, Hao L, Tian Y, Liu Y, Gu Y, Wu J. miR-199a-3p is involved in estrogen-mediated autophagy through the IGF-1/mTOR pathway in osteocyte-like MLO-Y4 cells. J Cell Physiol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-199a-3p appears to be involved in the estrogen regulatory networks that mediate bone cell autophagy, potentially by targeting IGF-1 and mTOR. ..
- Yi R, O Carroll D, Pasolli H, Zhang Z, Dietrich F, Tarakhovsky A, et al. Morphogenesis in skin is governed by discrete sets of differentially expressed microRNAs. Nat Genet. 2006;38:356-62 pubmed..Here we characterize miRNAs in skin, the existence of which was hitherto unappreciated, and demonstrate their differential expression and importance in the morphogenesis of epithelial tissues within this vital organ. ..
- Liu T, Chen Q, Huang Y, Huang Q, Jiang L, Guo L. Low microRNA-199a expression in human amniotic epithelial cell feeder layers maintains human-induced pluripotent stem cell pluripotency via increased leukemia inhibitory factor expression. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2012;44:197-206 pubmed publisher
- Mukhopadhyay P, Brock G, Appana S, Webb C, Greene R, Pisano M. MicroRNA gene expression signatures in the developing neural tube. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2011;91:744-62 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to identify miRNA expression profiles and their potential regulatory networks in the developing mammalian NT. ..
- Celià Terrassa T, Liu D, Choudhury A, Hang X, Wei Y, Zamalloa J, et al. Normal and cancerous mammary stem cells evade interferon-induced constraint through the miR-199a-LCOR axis. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:711-723 pubmed publisher..Our study therefore reveals a common mechanism shared by normal and malignant stem cells to protect them from suppressive immune cytokine signalling. ..