Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir182
Description: microRNA 182
Alias: Mirn182, mmu-mir-182
- Hackler L, Wan J, Swaroop A, Qian J, Zack D. MicroRNA profile of the developing mouse retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:1823-31 pubmed publisher..Conclusions. Global expression profiling revealed dozens of miRNAs with significant expression changes in the developing retina. Precise patterns of expression of miRNAs suggest their specific roles in development. ..
- Sachdeva M, Dodd R, Huang Z, Grenier C, Ma Y, Lev D, et al. Epigenetic silencing of Kruppel like factor-3 increases expression of pro-metastatic miR-182. Cancer Lett. 2015;369:202-11 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings suggest that demethylating agents could potentially be used to modulate miR-182 levels as a therapeutic strategy. ..
- Krol J, Krol I, Alvarez C, Fiscella M, Hierlemann A, Roska B, et al. A network comprising short and long noncoding RNAs and RNA helicase controls mouse retina architecture. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7305 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the precise timing of glia-neuron interaction controlled by noncoding RNAs and Ddx3x is important for the even distribution of cells across layers. ..
- Pucella J, Yen W, Kim M, van der Veeken J, Luo C, Socci N, et al. miR-182 is largely dispensable for adaptive immunity: lack of correlation between expression and function. J Immunol. 2015;194:2635-42 pubmed publisher..the requirement of miR-182 in lymphocyte function, we extensively characterized mice with a targeted deletion of Mir182. We show that despite its dramatic induction, loss of miR-182 has minimal impact on B cell development, the ..
- Wurm A, Zjablovskaja P, Kardosova M, Gerloff D, Bräuer Hartmann D, Katzerke C, et al. Disruption of the C/EBP?-miR-182 balance impairs granulocytic differentiation. Nat Commun. 2017;8:46 pubmed publisher..Here the authors show a negative feedback loop between C/EBP? and miR-182 and identify this miRNA as a marker of high-risk AML. ..
- Hudson M, Rahnert J, Zheng B, Woodworth Hobbs M, Franch H, Price S. miR-182 attenuates atrophy-related gene expression by targeting FoxO3 in skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2014;307:C314-9 pubmed publisher..These data identify miR-182 as an important regulator of FoxO3 expression that participates in the control of atrophy-inducing genes during catabolic diseases. ..
- Real F, Sekido R, Lupiáñez D, Lovell Badge R, Jimenez R, Burgos M. A microRNA (mmu-miR-124) prevents Sox9 expression in developing mouse ovarian cells. Biol Reprod. 2013;89:78 pubmed publisher..The miRNA microarray data reported here will help promote further research in this field, to unravel the role of other miRNAs in the genetic control of mammalian sex determination. ..
- Wei L, Wang M, Qu X, Mah A, Xiong X, Harris A, et al. Differential expression of microRNAs during allograft rejection. Am J Transplant. 2012;12:1113-23 pubmed publisher..Our results identify microRNAs that may regulate alloimmune responses and graft outcomes. ..
- Wang X, Zhang X, Du J, Jiang H. MicroRNA-182 regulates otocyst-derived cell differentiation and targets T-box1 gene. Hear Res. 2012;286:55-63 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-182 could regulate inner ear progenitor cell differentiation and that miRNAs are important regulators of hair cell differentiation, providing new targets for hair cell repair. ..
- Kelada S, Sethupathy P, Okoye I, Kistasis E, Czieso S, White S, et al. miR-182 and miR-10a are key regulators of Treg specialisation and stability during Schistosome and Leishmania-associated inflammation. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003451 pubmed publisher..Together, this study indicates that CD4(+)Foxp3(+) cells can be shaped by local environmental factors, which orchestrate distinct miRNA pathways preserving Treg stability and suppressor function. ..
- Martinez Ruiz H, Illa Bochaca I, Omene C, Hanniford D, Liu Q, Hernando E, et al. A TGFÎ²-miR-182-BRCA1 axis controls the mammary differentiation hierarchy. Sci Signal. 2016;9:ra118 pubmed
- Zhu Q, Sun W, Okano K, Chen Y, Zhang N, Maeda T, et al. Sponge transgenic mouse model reveals important roles for the microRNA-183 (miR-183)/96/182 cluster in postmitotic photoreceptors of the retina. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:31749-60 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates a clear involvement of miRs in the physiology of postmitotic cells in vivo. ..
- Gu C, Li X, Tan Q, Wang Z, Chen L, Liu Y. MiR-183 family regulates chloride intracellular channel 5 expression in inner ear hair cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2013;27:486-91 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus suggest that CLIC5 is directly regulated by miR-96 and miR-182 and that the target sequence in this regard is located between nucleotides 760-766 within the CLIC5 3'-UTR. ..
- Yin Y, Castro A, Hoekstra M, Yan T, Kanakamedala A, Dehner L, et al. Fibroblast Growth Factor 9 Regulation by MicroRNAs Controls Lung Development and Links DICER1 Loss to the Pathogenesis of Pleuropulmonary Blastoma. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005242 pubmed publisher..These studies identify an essential miRNA-FGF9 pathway for lung development and a non-cell autonomous signaling mechanism that contributes to the mesenchymal hyperplasia that is characteristic of Type I PPB. ..
- Jin Z, Hirokawa G, Gui L, Takahashi R, Osakada F, Hiura Y, et al. Targeted deletion of miR-182, an abundant retinal microRNA. Mol Vis. 2009;15:523-33 pubmed..Further studies are required to elucidate any functional changes in the retina. ..
- Xu X, Wu J, Li S, Hu Z, Xu X, Zhu Y, et al. Downregulation of microRNA-182-5p contributes to renal cell carcinoma proliferation via activating the AKT/FOXO3a signaling pathway. Mol Cancer. 2014;13:109 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight an important role for miR-182-5p in the pathogenesis of RCC, and restoration of miR-182-5p could be considered as a potential therapeutic strategy for RCC therapy. ..
- Zhang D, Li Y, Yao X, Zhao L, Jiang H, Yao X, et al. miR-182 Regulates Metabolic Homeostasis by Modulating Glucose Utilization in Muscle. Cell Rep. 2016;16:757-68 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that a metabolic shift toward a faster and more glycolytic phenotype is beneficial for glucose control. ..
- Jeon T, Esquejo R, Roqueta Rivera M, Phelan P, Moon Y, Govindarajan S, et al. An SREBP-responsive microRNA operon contributes to a regulatory loop for intracellular lipid homeostasis. Cell Metab. 2013;18:51-61 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal an miRNA "operon" analogous to the classic model for genetic control in bacterial regulatory systems. ..
- Li N, Hwangbo C, Jaba I, Zhang J, Papangeli I, Han J, et al. miR-182 Modulates Myocardial Hypertrophic Response Induced by Angiogenesis in Heart. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21228 pubmed publisher..LV pressure overload did not upregulate miR-182. Thus, miR-182 is a novel target of endothelial-cardiomyocyte crosstalk and plays an important role in the angiogenesis induced-hypertrophic response. ..
- Li Y, Ou X, Xu S, Jin Z, Iwai N, Lam K. Loss of miR-182 affects B-cell extrafollicular antibody response. Immunology. 2016;148:140-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data indicated that miR-182 plays a critical role in driving extrafollicular B-cell antibody responses. ..
- Sachdeva M, Mito J, Lee C, Zhang M, Li Z, Dodd R, et al. MicroRNA-182 drives metastasis of primary sarcomas by targeting multiple genes. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:4305-19 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that a single miRNA can regulate metastasis of primary tumors in vivo by coordinated regulation of multiple genes. ..
- Kim K, Park S, Jung S, Kim E, Jogeswar G, Ajita J, et al. miR-182 is a negative regulator of osteoblast proliferation, differentiation, and skeletogenesis through targeting FoxO1. J Bone Miner Res. 2012;27:1669-79 pubmed publisher..To treat bone aging, an antisense approach targeting miR-182 could be of therapeutic value. ..
- Weston M, Pierce M, Jensen Smith H, Fritzsch B, Rocha Sanchez S, Beisel K, et al. MicroRNA-183 family expression in hair cell development and requirement of microRNAs for hair cell maintenance and survival. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:808-19 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that hair cell miRNAs subdue cochlear gradient gene expression and are required for hair cell maintenance and survival. ..
- Gupta R, Arkatkar T, Keck J, Koundinya G, Castillo K, Höbel S, et al. Antigen specific immune response in Chlamydia muridarum genital infection is dependent on murine microRNAs-155 and -182. Oncotarget. 2016;7:64726-64742 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first study to report an interaction of miR-155 (in Cm infected DC) and miR-182 (in CD4+ T-cell) resulting in Ag specific immune responses against genital Cm. ..
- Wan C, Ping C, Shang X, Tian J, Zhao S, Li L, et al. MicroRNA 182 inhibits CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ Treg differentiation in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Clin Immunol. 2016;173:109-116 pubmed publisher..Together, our results provide evidence that during the development of EAE, microRNA 182 repressed Treg cells differentiation through the Foxo1 dependent pathway. ..
- Jiang Y, Chen J, Yue C, Zhang H, Tong J, Li J, et al. The Role of miR-182-5p in Hepatocarcinogenesis of Trichloroethylene in Mice. Toxicol Sci. 2017;156:208-216 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the TCE-induced upregulation of miR182-5p in mouse liver was dose dependent and correlated with promoter DNA hypomethylation...
- Zhou X, Zhang C, Zhang C, Peng Y, Wang Y, Xu H. MicroRNA-182-5p Regulates Nerve Injury-induced Nociceptive Hypersensitivity by Targeting Ephrin Type-b Receptor 1. Anesthesiology. 2017;126:967-977 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings reveal that the spinal ephrin type-b receptor 1 is regulated by miR-182-5p in nerve injury-induced nociceptive hypersensitivity. ..
- Pandey P, Qin S, Ho J, Zhou J, Kreidberg J. Systems biology approach to identify transcriptome reprogramming and candidate microRNA targets during the progression of polycystic kidney disease. BMC Syst Biol. 2011;5:56 pubmed publisher..miRNAs are small, regulatory non-coding RNAs, implicated in a wide spectrum of biological processes. Their expression levels are altered in several diseases including kidney cancer, diabetic nephropathy and PKD...
- Li Y, Li A, Wu J, He Y, Yu H, Chai R, et al. MiR-182-5p protects inner ear hair cells from cisplatin-induced apoptosis by inhibiting FOXO3a. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2362 pubmed publisher..Our study offers a new therapeutic target for alleviating cisplatin-induced hair cell apoptosis in a rapid and tissue-specific manner. ..
- Wei L, Kaul V, Qu X, Xiong X, Lau A, Iwai N, et al. Absence of miR-182 Augments Cardiac Allograft Survival. Transplantation. 2017;101:524-530 pubmed publisher..01). Our findings suggest that miR-182 contributes to the T-cell responses to alloantigen especially under costimulation blockade. Therapeutics that target specific miRNAs may prove beneficial in transplantation. ..
- Fan J, Jia L, Li Y, Ebrahim S, May Simera H, Wood A, et al. Maturation arrest in early postnatal sensory receptors by deletion of the miR-183/96/182 cluster in mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E4271-E4280 pubmed publisher..Our study thus establishes a dedicated role of the miR-183/96/182 cluster in driving the terminal differentiation of multiple sensory receptor cells. ..
- Andl T, Murchison E, Liu F, Zhang Y, Yunta Gonzalez M, Tobias J, et al. The miRNA-processing enzyme dicer is essential for the morphogenesis and maintenance of hair follicles. Curr Biol. 2006;16:1041-9 pubmed..These results reveal critical roles for Dicer in the skin and implicate miRNAs in key aspects of epidermal and hair-follicle development and function. ..