Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir18
Description: microRNA 18
Alias: Mirn18, mmu-mir-18, mmu-mir-18a
- Yang Y, Ding L, An Y, ZHANG Z, Lang Y, Tai S, et al. MiR-18a regulates expression of the pancreatic transcription factor Ptf1a in pancreatic progenitor and acinar cells. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:422-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-18a plays a fine-tuning role in regulating pancreatic progenitors and exocrine cells through the repression of Ptf1a expression. ..
- Shimizu S, Tanaka T, Takeda T, Tohyama M, Miyata S. The Kampo Medicine Yokukansan Decreases MicroRNA-18 Expression and Recovers Glucocorticoid Receptors Protein Expression in the Hypothalamus of Stressed Mice. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:797280 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that YKS normalizes GR protein levels by regulating miR-18 expression in the hypothalamus, thus normalizing HPA axis activity following stress exposure. ..
- Han Y, Vidigal J, Mu P, Yao E, Singh I, GonzÃ¡lez A, et al. An allelic series of miR-17 âˆ¼ 92-mutant mice uncovers functional specialization and cooperation among members of a microRNA polycistron. Nat Genet. 2015;47:766-75 pubmed publisher..The reagents and data sets reported here will accelerate exploration of the complex biological functions of this important miRNA cluster. ..
- Chen J, Huang Z, Seok H, Ding J, Kataoka M, Zhang Z, et al. mir-17-92 cluster is required for and sufficient to induce cardiomyocyte proliferation in postnatal and adult hearts. Circ Res. 2013;112:1557-66 pubmed publisher..Our studies therefore identify miR-17-92 as a critical regulator of cardiomyocyte proliferation, and suggest this cluster of microRNAs could become therapeutic targets for cardiac repair and heart regeneration. ..
- Masuya H, Nishida K, Furuichi T, Toki H, Nishimura G, Kawabata H, et al. A novel dominant-negative mutation in Gdf5 generated by ENU mutagenesis impairs joint formation and causes osteoarthritis in mice. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:2366-75 pubmed..This study further highlights a critical role of GDF5 in joint formation and the development of OA, and this mouse should serve as a good model for OA. ..
- Li L, Shi J, Zhu G, Shi B. MiR-17-92 cluster regulates cell proliferation and collagen synthesis by targeting TGFB pathway in mouse palatal mesenchymal cells. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:1235-44 pubmed publisher..We thus conclude that miR-17-92 cluster could inhibit TGFB pathway induced proliferation inhibition and collagen synthesis in PMCs by directly targeting TGFBR2, SMAD2, and SMAD4. ..
- Friedman L, Dror A, Mor E, Tenne T, Toren G, Satoh T, et al. MicroRNAs are essential for development and function of inner ear hair cells in vertebrates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:7915-20 pubmed publisher..Our data support the hypothesis that inner ear tissue differentiation and maintenance are regulated and controlled by conserved sets of cell-specific miRNAs in both mouse and zebrafish. ..
- Dai R, Phillips R, Zhang Y, Khan D, Crasta O, Ahmed S. Suppression of LPS-induced Interferon-gamma and nitric oxide in splenic lymphocytes by select estrogen-regulated microRNAs: a novel mechanism of immune modulation. Blood. 2008;112:4591-7 pubmed publisher..Our data are the first to demonstrate the selective regulation of miRNA expression in immune cells by estrogen and are indicative of an important role of miRNAs in estrogen-mediated immune regulation. ..
- Mouw J, Yui Y, Damiano L, Bainer R, Lakins J, Acerbi I, et al. Tissue mechanics modulate microRNA-dependent PTEN expression to regulate malignant progression. Nat Med. 2014;20:360-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a mechanically regulated microRNA circuit that can promote malignancy and suggest potential prognostic roles for HOXA9 and miR-18a levels in stratifying patients with luminal breast cancers. ..
- Lochhead R, Ma Y, Zachary J, Baltimore D, Zhao J, Weis J, et al. MicroRNA-146a provides feedback regulation of lyme arthritis but not carditis during infection with Borrelia burgdorferi. PLoS Pathog. 2014;10:e1004212 pubmed publisher..Together, these data show that miR-146a-mediated regulation of TRAF6 and NF-?B, and downstream targets such as IL-1?, IL-6 and CXCL1, are critical for modulation of Lyme arthritis during chronic infection with B. burgdorferi. ..
- Pan Y, Balazs L, Tigyi G, Yue J. Conditional deletion of Dicer in vascular smooth muscle cells leads to the developmental delay and embryonic mortality. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;408:369-74 pubmed publisher..5. Expression of most miRNAs examined was compromised in VSMCs of Dicer KO. Our results indicate that Dicer is required for vascular development and regulates vascular remodeling by modulating VSMC proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Lu Y, Thomson J, Wong H, Hammond S, Hogan B. Transgenic over-expression of the microRNA miR-17-92 cluster promotes proliferation and inhibits differentiation of lung epithelial progenitor cells. Dev Biol. 2007;310:442-53 pubmed..Together, these studies suggest that mir-17-92 normally promotes the high proliferation and undifferentiated phenotype of lung epithelial progenitor cells. ..
- Chen Z, Wu J, Yang C, Fan P, Balazs L, Jiao Y, et al. DiGeorge syndrome critical region 8 (DGCR8) protein-mediated microRNA biogenesis is essential for vascular smooth muscle cell development in mice. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:19018-28 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the DGCR8 gene is required for vascular development through the regulation of VSMC proliferation, apoptosis, and differentiation...
- Ries R, Yu W, Holton N, Cao H, Amendt B. Inhibition of the miR-17-92 Cluster Separates Stages of Palatogenesis. J Dent Res. 2017;96:1257-1264 pubmed publisher..The differential regulation of palatogenesis by members of the miR-17-92 cluster indicates that several gene combinations regulate palate elevation and extension during development. ..