Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir16-1
Description: microRNA 16-1
Alias: Mirn16, Mirn16-1, miR-16, mir-16-1
- Jia X, Li X, Shen Y, Miao J, Liu H, Li G, et al. MiR-16 regulates mouse peritoneal macrophage polarization and affects T-cell activation. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:1898-907 pubmed publisher..MiR-16 plays an important role in shifting macrophage polarization from M2 to M1 status, and functionally activating CD4(+) T cells. This effect is potentially mediated through the down-regulation of immune suppressor PD-L1. ..
- Jevnaker A, Osmundsen H. MicroRNA expression profiling of the developing murine molar tooth germ and the developing murine submandibular salivary gland. Arch Oral Biol. 2008;53:629-45 pubmed publisher..g., epithelical cell proliferation, mesodermal cell fate determination and salivary gland morphogenesis...
- Thomson J, Newman M, Parker J, Morin Kensicki E, Wright T, Hammond S. Extensive post-transcriptional regulation of microRNAs and its implications for cancer. Genes Dev. 2006;20:2202-7 pubmed..These data uncover a novel regulatory step in miRNA function and provide a mechanism for miRNA down-regulation in cancer. ..
- Zhu R, Ji Y, Xiao L, Matin A. Testicular germ cell tumor susceptibility genes from the consomic 129.MOLF-Chr19 mouse strain. Mamm Genome. 2007;18:584-95 pubmed..Our data advance the use of CSS to identify disease susceptibility genes and demonstrate that the 129.MOLF-Chr19 strain serves as a useful model to elucidate the genetics and biology of germ cell transformation and tumor development. ..
- Kasar S, Underbayev C, Hassan M, Ilev I, Degheidy H, Bauer S, et al. Alterations in the mir-15a/16-1 Loci Impairs Its Processing and Augments B-1 Expansion in De Novo Mouse Model of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL). PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0149331 pubmed publisher..These studies support our hypothesis that the mutations in the mir-15a/16-1 loci are responsible for decreased expression of this regulatory microRNA leading to B-1 expansion and CLL development. ..
- Krol J, Krol I, Alvarez C, Fiscella M, Hierlemann A, Roska B, et al. A network comprising short and long noncoding RNAs and RNA helicase controls mouse retina architecture. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7305 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the precise timing of glia-neuron interaction controlled by noncoding RNAs and Ddx3x is important for the even distribution of cells across layers. ..
- Sullivan R, Leong J, Schneider S, Ireland A, Berrien Elliott M, Singh A, et al. MicroRNA-15/16 Antagonizes Myb To Control NK Cell Maturation. J Immunol. 2015;195:2806-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-15/16 regulation of Myb controls the NK cell maturation program. ..
- Liu X, Jin D, McManus M, Mourelatos Z. Precursor microRNA-programmed silencing complex assembly pathways in mammals. Mol Cell. 2012;46:507-17 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide a comprehensive view of miRNP/RISC assembly pathways in mammals, and our assay provides a versatile platform for further mechanistic dissection of such pathways in mammals. ..
- Liu W, Pang R, Chiu P, Wong B, Lao K, Lee K, et al. Sperm-borne microRNA-34c is required for the first cleavage division in mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:490-4 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence that sperm-borne miR-34c is important for the first cell division via modulation of Bcl-2 expression. ..
- Pan Y, Balazs L, Tigyi G, Yue J. Conditional deletion of Dicer in vascular smooth muscle cells leads to the developmental delay and embryonic mortality. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;408:369-74 pubmed publisher..5. Expression of most miRNAs examined was compromised in VSMCs of Dicer KO. Our results indicate that Dicer is required for vascular development and regulates vascular remodeling by modulating VSMC proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Underbayev C, Kasar S, Ruezinsky W, Degheidy H, Schneider J, Marti G, et al. Role of mir-15a/16-1 in early B cell development in a mouse model of chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Oncotarget. 2016;7:60986-60999 pubmed publisher..This work will help understand the role of miR-15a in early events of CLL and points to B1P cells as potential cells of origin for this incurable disease. ..
- Liu W, Liu C, Zhu J, Shu P, Yin B, Gong Y, et al. MicroRNA-16 targets amyloid precursor protein to potentially modulate Alzheimer's-associated pathogenesis in SAMP8 mice. Neurobiol Aging. 2012;33:522-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that APP is a target of miR-16 and the abnormally low expression of miR-16 could potentially lead to APP protein accumulation in AD mice. ..
- Zhao E, Keller M, Rabaglia M, Oler A, Stapleton D, Schueler K, et al. Obesity and genetics regulate microRNAs in islets, liver, and adipose of diabetic mice. Mamm Genome. 2009;20:476-85 pubmed publisher..Understanding the influence that obesity and genetics exert on the regulation of miRNA expression will reveal the role miRNAs play in the context of obesity-induced type 2 diabetes. ..
- Pekarsky Y, Zanesi N, Croce C. Molecular basis of CLL. Semin Cancer Biol. 2010;20:370-6 pubmed publisher..Here, we present what has been learned from these new pathways, discuss mouse CLL models and how these mouse models recapitulate the molecular mechanisms of this common leukemia. ..
- Otsuka M, Jing Q, Georgel P, New L, Chen J, Mols J, et al. Hypersusceptibility to vesicular stomatitis virus infection in Dicer1-deficient mice is due to impaired miR24 and miR93 expression. Immunity. 2007;27:123-34 pubmed..Our data suggest that host miRNA can play a role in host interactions with viruses. ..
- Yang J, Liu R, Deng Y, Qian J, Lu Z, Wang Y, et al. MiR-15a/16 deficiency enhances anti-tumor immunity of glioma-infiltrating CD8+ T cells through targeting mTOR. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:2082-2092 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence for the potential immunotherapy through targeting miR-15a/16 in tumor-infiltrating immune cells. ..
- Talari M, Kapadia B, Kain V, Seshadri S, Prajapati B, Rajput P, et al. MicroRNA-16 modulates macrophage polarization leading to improved insulin sensitivity in myoblasts. Biochimie. 2015;119:16-26 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data highlight the important role of miR-16 in ameliorating inflammation induced insulin resistance. ..
- Moon H, Yang J, Zheng Y, Jin Y. miR-15a/16 regulates macrophage phagocytosis after bacterial infection. J Immunol. 2014;193:4558-67 pubmed publisher..Taken together, miR-15a/16 altered phagocytosis and bacterial clearance by targeting, at least partially, on the TLR4-associated pathways, subsequently affecting the survival of septic mice. ..
- Li C, Chen S, Li H, Chen L, Zhao Y, Jiang Y, et al. MicroRNA-16 Modulates Melatonin-Induced Cell Growth in the Mouse-Derived Spermatogonia Cell Line GC-1 spg Cells by Targeting Ccnd1. Biol Reprod. 2016;95:57 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that miR-16 may function as a novel regulator of testicular functions during melatonin stimulation by targeting Ccnd1. ..
- Mukhopadhyay P, Brock G, Appana S, Webb C, Greene R, Pisano M. MicroRNA gene expression signatures in the developing neural tube. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2011;91:744-62 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to identify miRNA expression profiles and their potential regulatory networks in the developing mammalian NT. ..
- Ikeda S, He A, Kong S, Lu J, Bejar R, Bodyak N, et al. MicroRNA-1 negatively regulates expression of the hypertrophy-associated calmodulin and Mef2a genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:2193-204 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that miR-1 regulates cardiomyocyte growth responses by negatively regulating the calcium signaling components calmodulin, Mef2a, and Gata4. ..
- Smits G, Mungall A, Griffiths Jones S, Smith P, Beury D, Matthews L, et al. Conservation of the H19 noncoding RNA and H19-IGF2 imprinting mechanism in therians. Nat Genet. 2008;40:971-6 pubmed publisher..The conservation in all therians of the mechanism controlling imprinting of the IGF2-H19 locus suggests a sequential model of imprinting evolution. ..
- Scaglione B, Salerno E, Balan M, Coffman F, Landgraf P, Abbasi F, et al. Murine models of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia: role of microRNA-16 in the New Zealand Black mouse model. Br J Haematol. 2007;139:645-57 pubmed..We also identified a point mutation in the 3'-flanking sequence of Mirn16-1, which resulted in decreased levels of the microRNA, miR-16 in lymphoid tissue...
- Yi R, O Carroll D, Pasolli H, Zhang Z, Dietrich F, Tarakhovsky A, et al. Morphogenesis in skin is governed by discrete sets of differentially expressed microRNAs. Nat Genet. 2006;38:356-62 pubmed..Here we characterize miRNAs in skin, the existence of which was hitherto unappreciated, and demonstrate their differential expression and importance in the morphogenesis of epithelial tissues within this vital organ. ..
- Dorval V, Mandemakers W, Jolivette F, Coudert L, Mazroui R, De Strooper B, et al. Gene and MicroRNA transcriptome analysis of Parkinson's related LRRK2 mouse models. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e85510 pubmed publisher..Our data thus set the stage for future investigations regarding LRRK2 function in PD development. ..
- Mizuno Y, Tokuzawa Y, Ninomiya Y, Yagi K, Yatsuka Kanesaki Y, Suda T, et al. miR-210 promotes osteoblastic differentiation through inhibition of AcvR1b. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:2263-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-210 acts as a positive regulator of osteoblastic differentiation by inhibiting the TGF-beta/activin signaling pathway through inhibition of AcvR1b. ..
- Chen H, Lan Y, Li H, Cheng C, Lai P, Li W, et al. Urinary miR-16 transactivated by C/EBPÎ² reduces kidney function after ischemia/reperfusion-induced injury. Sci Rep. 2016;6:27945 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that miR-16 was transactivated by C/EBP-Î² resulting in aggravated I/R induced AKI and that urinary miR-16 may serve as a potential biomarker for AKI. ..
- Lewtas J. Air pollution combustion emissions: characterization of causative agents and mechanisms associated with cancer, reproductive, and cardiovascular effects. Mutat Res. 2007;636:95-133 pubmed
- Raveche E, Salerno E, Scaglione B, Manohar V, Abbasi F, Lin Y, et al. Abnormal microRNA-16 locus with synteny to human 13q14 linked to CLL in NZB mice. Blood. 2007;109:5079-86 pubmed..Linkage of the mir-15a/16-1 complex and the development of B-LPD in this spontaneous mouse model suggest that the altered expression of the mir-15a/16-1 is the molecular lesion in CLL. ..