Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir15a
Description: microRNA 15a
Alias: Mirn15a, mmu-mir-15a
- Volk N, Pape J, Engel M, Zannas A, Cattane N, Cattaneo A, et al. Amygdalar MicroRNA-15a Is Essential for Coping with Chronic Stress. Cell Rep. 2016;17:1882-1891 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results support an important role for microRNA-15a in stress adaptation and the pathogenesis of stress-related psychopathologies. ..
- Teng Y, Wang Y, Fu J, Cheng X, Miao S, Wang L. Cyclin T2: a novel miR-15a target gene involved in early spermatogenesis. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2493-500 pubmed publisher..Subsequently, miR-15a and Ccnt2 were profiled in developing mice testes to observe their inverse correlations in the postnatal 3-week period to understand their roles in spermatogenesis. ..
- Callegari E, Gramantieri L, Domenicali M, D Abundo L, Sabbioni S, Negrini M. MicroRNAs in liver cancer: a model for investigating pathogenesis and novel therapeutic approaches. Cell Death Differ. 2015;22:46-57 pubmed publisher..In general, the safety of miRNAs has been proven and antitumor activity has been observed. Moreover, because of the absence or presence of mild side effects, the prophylactic use of miRNA-based approaches may be foreseen. ..
- Tijsen A, van der Made I, van den Hoogenhof M, Wijnen W, van Deel E, de Groot N, et al. The microRNA-15 family inhibits the TGF?-pathway in the heart. Cardiovasc Res. 2014;104:61-71 pubmed publisher..We identified the miR-15 family as a novel regulator of cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis acting by inhibition of the TGF?-pathway. ..
- Dorval V, Mandemakers W, Jolivette F, Coudert L, Mazroui R, De Strooper B, et al. Gene and MicroRNA transcriptome analysis of Parkinson's related LRRK2 mouse models. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e85510 pubmed publisher..Our data thus set the stage for future investigations regarding LRRK2 function in PD development. ..
- Wang Q, Navitskaya S, Chakravarthy H, Huang C, Kady N, Lydic T, et al. Dual Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Angiogenic Action of miR-15a in Diabetic Retinopathy. EBioMedicine. 2016;11:138-150 pubmed publisher..Importantly, miR-15a overexpression led to modulation toward nondiabetic levels, rather than complete inhibition of ASM and VEGF-A providing therapeutic effect without detrimental consequences of ASM and VEGF-A deficiencies. ..
- Yang J, Liu R, Deng Y, Qian J, Lu Z, Wang Y, et al. MiR-15a/16 deficiency enhances anti-tumor immunity of glioma-infiltrating CD8+ T cells through targeting mTOR. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:2082-2092 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence for the potential immunotherapy through targeting miR-15a/16 in tumor-infiltrating immune cells. ..
- Andersen D, Jensen C, Schneider M, Nossent A, Eskildsen T, Hansen J, et al. MicroRNA-15a fine-tunes the level of Delta-like 1 homolog (DLK1) in proliferating 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:1681-91 pubmed publisher..Our data thus imply that miR-15a regulates cell size and proliferation by fine-tuning Dlk1 among others, and further emphasize miR-15a and DLK1 levels to play important roles in growth signaling networks. ..
- Liu R, Lu Z, Gu J, Liu J, Huang E, Liu X, et al. MicroRNAs 15A and 16-1 Activate Signaling Pathways That Mediate Chemotaxis of Immune Regulatory B cells toÂ Colorectal Tumors. Gastroenterology. 2018;154:637-651.e7 pubmed publisherB cells infiltrate tumors, but little is known about how they affect tumor growth and progression. microRNA15A (MIR15A or miRNA15A) and microRNA16-1 (MIR16-1 or miRNA16-1) regulate cell proliferation, apoptosis, and drug resistance...
- Lindner S, Lohmüller M, Kotkamp B, Schüler F, Knust Z, Villunger A, et al. The miR-15 family reinforces the transition from proliferation to differentiation in pre-B cells. EMBO Rep. 2017;18:1604-1617 pubmed publisher..These findings identify the miR-15 family as a novel element required to promote the switch from pre-B cell proliferation to differentiation. ..
- Andl T, Murchison E, Liu F, Zhang Y, Yunta Gonzalez M, Tobias J, et al. The miRNA-processing enzyme dicer is essential for the morphogenesis and maintenance of hair follicles. Curr Biol. 2006;16:1041-9 pubmed..These results reveal critical roles for Dicer in the skin and implicate miRNAs in key aspects of epidermal and hair-follicle development and function. ..
- Pekarsky Y, Zanesi N, Croce C. Molecular basis of CLL. Semin Cancer Biol. 2010;20:370-6 pubmed publisher..Here, we present what has been learned from these new pathways, discuss mouse CLL models and how these mouse models recapitulate the molecular mechanisms of this common leukemia. ..
- Hoesel B, Bhujabal Z, Przemeck G, Kurz Drexler A, Weisenhorn D, Angelis M, et al. Combination of in silico and in situ hybridisation approaches to identify potential Dll1 associated miRNAs during mouse embryogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2010;10:265-73 pubmed publisher..5 dpc. This suggests that these miRNAs could possibly target the Dll1 3'UTR in these regions. The other miRNAs are not expressed or below the detection limit and thus are unlikely to regulate Dll1 at the analyzed embryonic stages. ..
- Thomson J, Newman M, Parker J, Morin Kensicki E, Wright T, Hammond S. Extensive post-transcriptional regulation of microRNAs and its implications for cancer. Genes Dev. 2006;20:2202-7 pubmed..These data uncover a novel regulatory step in miRNA function and provide a mechanism for miRNA down-regulation in cancer. ..
- Sullivan R, Leong J, Schneider S, Ireland A, Berrien Elliott M, Singh A, et al. MicroRNA-15/16 Antagonizes Myb To Control NK Cell Maturation. J Immunol. 2015;195:2806-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-15/16 regulation of Myb controls the NK cell maturation program. ..
- Underbayev C, Kasar S, Ruezinsky W, Degheidy H, Schneider J, Marti G, et al. Role of mir-15a/16-1 in early B cell development in a mouse model of chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Oncotarget. 2016;7:60986-60999 pubmed publisher..This work will help understand the role of miR-15a in early events of CLL and points to B1P cells as potential cells of origin for this incurable disease. ..
- Yuan Y, Kasar S, Underbayev C, Vollenweider D, Salerno E, Kotenko S, et al. Role of microRNA-15a in autoantibody production in interferon-augmented murine model of lupus. Mol Immunol. 2012;52:61-70 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data support the involvement of elevated miR-15a in autoimmune disease development in B/W mice and suggest that decreasing this microRNA might be beneficial in B/W mice. ..
- Ikeda S, He A, Kong S, Lu J, Bejar R, Bodyak N, et al. MicroRNA-1 negatively regulates expression of the hypertrophy-associated calmodulin and Mef2a genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:2193-204 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that miR-1 regulates cardiomyocyte growth responses by negatively regulating the calcium signaling components calmodulin, Mef2a, and Gata4. ..