Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir145
Description: microRNA 145
Alias: Mirn145, mmu-mir-145
- Chen M, Herring B. Regulation of microRNAs by Brahma-related gene 1 (Brg1) in smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:6397-408 pubmed publisher..SWI/SNF-mediated chromatin remodeling thus regulates the phenotype of smooth muscle by affecting expression of protein-coding genes and microRNAs. ..
- Chen R, Chen S, Liao J, Chen X, Xu X. MiR-145 facilitates proliferation and migration of endothelial progenitor cells and recanalization of arterial thrombosis in cerebral infarction mice via JNK signal pathway. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:13770-6 pubmed..MiR-145 facilitates proliferation and migration of EPCs and recanalization of arterial thrombosis in cerebral infarction mice via JNK signal pathway. This study provided new insights regarding infarction treatment. ..
- Thomson J, Newman M, Parker J, Morin Kensicki E, Wright T, Hammond S. Extensive post-transcriptional regulation of microRNAs and its implications for cancer. Genes Dev. 2006;20:2202-7 pubmed..These data uncover a novel regulatory step in miRNA function and provide a mechanism for miRNA down-regulation in cancer. ..
- Collison A, Mattes J, Plank M, Foster P. Inhibition of house dust mite-induced allergic airways disease by antagonism of microRNA-145 is comparable to glucocorticoid treatment. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;128:160-167.e4 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights the importance of understanding the contribution of miRNAs to pathogenesis of human allergic disease and their potential as novel anti-inflammatory targets. ..
- Norata G, Pinna C, Zappella F, Elia L, Sala A, Condorelli G, et al. MicroRNA 143-145 deficiency impairs vascular function. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2012;25:467-74 pubmed..MiR143-145 deficiency is associated not only with altered vasocontraction but also with impaired vasodilation, which probably reflects the impaired VSMC differentiation phenotype reported in miR143-145 KO animals. ..
- Yan G, Zhang L, Fang T, Zhang Q, Wu S, Jiang Y, et al. MicroRNA-145 suppresses mouse granulosa cell proliferation by targeting activin receptor IB. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:3263-70 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this study revealed that miR-145 suppresses mGC proliferation by targeting ACVRIB. ..
- Dynoodt P, Mestdagh P, Van Peer G, Vandesompele J, Goossens K, Peelman L, et al. Identification of miR-145 as a key regulator of the pigmentary process. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:201-9 pubmed publisher..The significant down- or upregulation of major pigmentation genes, after modulating miR-145 expression, suggests a key role for miR-145 in regulating melanogenesis. ..
- Du J, Li Q, Shen L, Lei H, Luo J, Liu Y, et al. miR-145a-5p Promotes Myoblast Differentiation. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:5276271 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that miR-145a-5p might be considered as a new myogenic differentiation-associated microRNA that can promote C2C12 myoblast differentiation by enhancing genes related to myoblasts differentiation. ..
- Dimitrova N, Gocheva V, Bhutkar A, Resnick R, Jong R, Miller K, et al. Stromal Expression of miR-143/145 Promotes Neoangiogenesis in Lung Cancer Development. Cancer Discov. 2016;6:188-201 pubmed publisher..We propose inhibition of miR-143/145 as a therapeutic avenue to modulate tumor neoangiogenesis. ..
- Turczynska K, Sadegh M, Hellstrand P, Swärd K, Albinsson S. MicroRNAs are essential for stretch-induced vascular smooth muscle contractile differentiation via microRNA (miR)-145-dependent expression of L-type calcium channels. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:19199-206 pubmed publisher..These results show that microRNAs play a crucial role in stretch-induced contractile differentiation in the vascular wall in part via miR-145-dependent regulation of L-type calcium channels. ..
- Li R, Yan G, Zhang Q, Jiang Y, Sun H, Hu Y, et al. miR-145 inhibits isoproterenol-induced cardiomyocyte hypertrophy by targeting the expression and localization of GATA6. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:1754-61 pubmed publisher..Together, our results identify miR-145 as an important regulator in cardiac hypertrophy...
- Morgado A, Rodrigues C, SolÃ¡ S. MicroRNA-145 Regulates Neural Stem Cell Differentiation Through the Sox2-Lin28/let-7 Signaling Pathway. Stem Cells. 2016;34:1386-95 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrate a novel role for miR-145 during NSC differentiation, where miR-145 modulation of Sox2-Lin28/let-7 network is crucial for neurogenesis progression. Stem Cells 2016;34:1386-1395. ..
- Fukuda T, Ochi H, Sunamura S, Haiden A, Bando W, Inose H, et al. MicroRNA-145 regulates osteoblastic differentiation by targeting the transcription factor Cbfb. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:3302-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, miR-145 decreased bone regeneration in vivo. Our results indicate that miR-145 physiologically regulates osteoblast differentiation and bone formation via Cbfb expression by forming a regulatory microRNA network. ..
- Kent O, Chivukula R, Mullendore M, Wentzel E, Feldmann G, Lee K, et al. Repression of the miR-143/145 cluster by oncogenic Ras initiates a tumor-promoting feed-forward pathway. Genes Dev. 2010;24:2754-9 pubmed publisher..Additionally, KRAS and RREB1 are targets of miR-143/miR-145, revealing a feed-forward mechanism that potentiates Ras signaling. ..
- Quintavalle M, Elia L, Condorelli G, Courtneidge S. MicroRNA control of podosome formation in vascular smooth muscle cells in vivo and in vitro. J Cell Biol. 2010;189:13-22 pubmed publisher..Thus, dysregulation of the miR-143 and -145 genes is causally involved in the aberrant SMC plasticity encountered during vascular disease, in part through the up-regulation of an autoregulatory loop that promotes podosome formation...
- Climent M, Quintavalle M, Miragoli M, Chen J, Condorelli G, Elia L. TGFÎ² Triggers miR-143/145 Transfer From Smooth Muscle Cells to Endothelial Cells, Thereby Modulating Vessel Stabilization. Circ Res. 2015;116:1753-64 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that miR-143 and miR-145 act as communication molecules between SMCs and ECs to modulate the angiogenic and vessel stabilization properties of ECs. ..
- Sala F, Aranda J, Rotllan N, Ramírez C, Aryal B, Elia L, et al. MiR-143/145 deficiency attenuates the progression of atherosclerosis in Ldlr-/-mice. Thromb Haemost. 2014;112:796-802 pubmed publisher..In summary, miR-143/145 deficiency significantly reduces atherosclerosis in mice. Therapeutic inhibition of miR-145 might be useful for treating atherosclerotic vascular disease. ..
- Lochhead R, Ma Y, Zachary J, Baltimore D, Zhao J, Weis J, et al. MicroRNA-146a provides feedback regulation of lyme arthritis but not carditis during infection with Borrelia burgdorferi. PLoS Pathog. 2014;10:e1004212 pubmed publisher..Together, these data show that miR-146a-mediated regulation of TRAF6 and NF-?B, and downstream targets such as IL-1?, IL-6 and CXCL1, are critical for modulation of Lyme arthritis during chronic infection with B. burgdorferi. ..
- Hien T, TurczyÅ„ska K, Dahan D, Ekman M, Grossi M, SjÃ¶gren J, et al. Elevated Glucose Levels Promote Contractile and Cytoskeletal Gene Expression in Vascular Smooth Muscle via Rho/Protein Kinase C and Actin Polymerization. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:3552-68 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data demonstrate a possible link between hyperglycemia and vascular disease states associated with smooth muscle contractility. ..
- Lovren F, Pan Y, Quan A, Singh K, Shukla P, Gupta N, et al. MicroRNA-145 targeted therapy reduces atherosclerosis. Circulation. 2012;126:S81-90 pubmed..VSMC-specific overexpression of microRNA-145 is a novel in vivo therapeutic target to limit atherosclerotic plaque morphology and cellular composition, shifting the balance toward plaque stability vs plaque rupture. ..
- Davis Dusenbery B, Chan M, Reno K, Weisman A, Layne M, Lagna G, et al. down-regulation of Kruppel-like factor-4 (KLF4) by microRNA-143/145 is critical for modulation of vascular smooth muscle cell phenotype by transforming growth factor-beta and bone morphogenetic protein 4. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:28097-110 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study sheds light on both the similarities and the differences of TGF-? and BMP4 signaling in the regulation of KLF4 and contractile genes. ..
- Li B, Wang Z, Hu Z, Zhang M, Ren Z, Zhou Z, et al. P38 MAPK Signaling Pathway Mediates Angiotensin II-Induced miR143/145 Gene Cluster Downregulation during Aortic Dissection Formation. Ann Vasc Surg. 2017;40:262-273 pubmed publisher..1 ?M Ang II for 12 hr. Furthermore, the expression of miR143 and miR145 was downregulated by Ang II treatment...
- Cheng Z, Dai L, Wang X, Jia L, Jing X, Li P, et al. MicroRNA-145 down-regulates mucin 5AC to alleviate airway remodeling and targets EGFR to inhibit cytokine expression. Oncotarget. 2017;8:46312-46325 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the expressions of EGFR and cytokines of transfected cells and lung tissues were negatively related to those of miR-145. MiR-145 can down-regulate MUC5AC by negatively targeting EGFR and thereby relieving airway remodeling. ..
- Wu J, Wang J, Li X, Liu X, Yu X, Tian Y. MicroRNA-145 Mediates the Formation of Angiotensin II-Induced Murine Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Heart Lung Circ. 2017;26:619-626 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that regulation of expression of miR-145 may be a potential therapeutic option for vascular disease progression such as AAA expansion. ..
- Jevnaker A, Osmundsen H. MicroRNA expression profiling of the developing murine molar tooth germ and the developing murine submandibular salivary gland. Arch Oral Biol. 2008;53:629-45 pubmed publisher..g., epithelical cell proliferation, mesodermal cell fate determination and salivary gland morphogenesis...
- Liu H, Lin H, Zhang L, Sun Q, Yuan G, Zhang L, et al. miR-145 and miR-143 regulate odontoblast differentiation through targeting Klf4 and Osx genes in a feedback loop. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:9261-71 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we for the first time showed that the miR-143 and miR-145 controlled odontoblast differentiation and dentin formation through KLF4 and OSX transcriptional factor signaling pathways...
- Dai R, Phillips R, Zhang Y, Khan D, Crasta O, Ahmed S. Suppression of LPS-induced Interferon-gamma and nitric oxide in splenic lymphocytes by select estrogen-regulated microRNAs: a novel mechanism of immune modulation. Blood. 2008;112:4591-7 pubmed publisher..Our data are the first to demonstrate the selective regulation of miRNA expression in immune cells by estrogen and are indicative of an important role of miRNAs in estrogen-mediated immune regulation. ..
- Zhao E, Keller M, Rabaglia M, Oler A, Stapleton D, Schueler K, et al. Obesity and genetics regulate microRNAs in islets, liver, and adipose of diabetic mice. Mamm Genome. 2009;20:476-85 pubmed publisher..Understanding the influence that obesity and genetics exert on the regulation of miRNA expression will reveal the role miRNAs play in the context of obesity-induced type 2 diabetes. ..
- Starczynowski D, Kuchenbauer F, Argiropoulos B, Sung S, Morin R, Muranyi A, et al. Identification of miR-145 and miR-146a as mediators of the 5q- syndrome phenotype. Nat Med. 2010;16:49-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, inappropriate activation of innate immune signals in HSPCs phenocopies several clinical features of 5q- syndrome. ..
- Liu W, Pang R, Chiu P, Wong B, Lao K, Lee K, et al. Sperm-borne microRNA-34c is required for the first cleavage division in mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:490-4 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence that sperm-borne miR-34c is important for the first cell division via modulation of Bcl-2 expression. ..
- Guo W, Ren D, Chen X, Tu X, Huang S, Wang M, et al. HEF1 promotes epithelial mesenchymal transition and bone invasion in prostate cancer under the regulation of microRNA-145. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:1606-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings indicate that HEF1 promotes EMT and bone invasion in prostate cancer by directly targeted by miR-145, and miR-145 suppresses EMT and invasion, at least in part, through repressing HEF1. ..
- Jia J, Tian Q, Ling S, Liu Y, Yang S, Shao Z. miR-145 suppresses osteogenic differentiation by targeting Sp7. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:3027-31 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that miR-145 is a novel regulator of Sp7, and it suppresses the osteogenic differentiation of C2C12 and MC3T3-E1 cells. ..
- Bhattachariya A, Dahan D, Ekman M, Boettger T, Braun T, SwÃ¤rd K, et al. Spontaneous activity and stretch-induced contractile differentiation are reduced in vascular smooth muscle of miR-143/145 knockout mice. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2015;215:133-43 pubmed publisher..This may have important implications for the use of these microRNAs as therapeutic targets in vascular disease. ..
- Yang S, Cui H, Xie N, Icyuz M, Banerjee S, Antony V, et al. miR-145 regulates myofibroblast differentiation and lung fibrosis. FASEB J. 2013;27:2382-91 pubmed publisher..miR-145 deficiency is protective against bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis, suggesting that miR-145 may be a potential target in the development of novel therapies to treat pathological fibrotic disorders. ..
- Huang C, Chen H, Lin W, Choo K. Differential expression of speckled POZ protein, SPOP: putative regulation by miR-145. J Biosci. 2014;39:401-13 pubmed
- Caruso P, Dempsie Y, Stevens H, McDonald R, Long L, Lu R, et al. A role for miR-145 in pulmonary arterial hypertension: evidence from mouse models and patient samples. Circ Res. 2012;111:290-300 pubmed publisher..Manipulation of miR-145 may represent a novel strategy in PAH treatment. ..
- Dahan D, Ekman M, Larsson Callerfelt A, TurczyÅ„ska K, Boettger T, Braun T, et al. Induction of angiotensin-converting enzyme after miR-143/145 deletion is critical for impaired smooth muscle contractility. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2014;307:C1093-101 pubmed publisher..This shows that tissue-specific targets are critical for the effects of miR-143/145 on smooth muscle differentiation and that angiotensin converting enzyme is one such target. ..
- Sequeira Lopez M, Weatherford E, Borges G, Monteagudo M, Pentz E, Harfe B, et al. The microRNA-processing enzyme dicer maintains juxtaglomerular cells. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010;21:460-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that microRNAs maintain the renin-producing juxtaglomerular cells and the morphologic integrity and function of the kidney. ..
- Lin Y, Chou C, Giovarelli M, Briata P, Gherzi R, Chen C. KSRP and MicroRNA 145 are negative regulators of lipolysis in white adipose tissue. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:2339-49 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a novel in vivo function of KSRP in controlling adipose lipolysis through posttranscriptional regulation of miR-145 expression. ..
- Fan P, Chen Z, Tian P, Liu W, Jiao Y, Xue Y, et al. miRNA biogenesis enzyme Drosha is required for vascular smooth muscle cell survival. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60888 pubmed publisher..Using bioinformatics approach, the interactions between dysregulated miRNAs and their target genes were analyzed. Our data demonstrated that Drosha is required for VSMC survival by targeting multiple signaling pathways. ..
- Medrano S, Sequeira Lopez M, Gomez R. Deletion of the miR-143/145 cluster leads to hydronephrosis in mice. Am J Pathol. 2014;184:3226-38 pubmed publisher..We show that miR-143/145 are important for the normal peristalsis of the ureter and report an association between the expression of these miRNAs and hydronephrosis. ..
- Du J, Cheng X, Shen L, Tan Z, Luo J, Wu X, et al. Methylation of miR-145a-5p promoter mediates adipocytes differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;475:140-8 pubmed publisher..These data indicated that, as a new mean to positively regulate adipocyte proliferation, the process of miR-145a-5p-inhibited adipogenesis may be regulated by DNA methylation. ..
- Massy Z, Metzinger Le Meuth V, Metzinger L. MicroRNAs Are Associated with Uremic Toxicity, Cardiovascular Calcification, and Disease. Contrib Nephrol. 2017;189:160-168 pubmed
- Wang Y, Li S, Guo J, Mihic A, Wu J, Sun L, et al. Role of miR-145 in cardiac myofibroblast differentiation. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2014;66:94-105 pubmed publisher..These observations provide a new approach to promote endogenous scar healing and contracture by stimulating the transdifferentiation of cardiac fibroblasts to myofibroblasts. ..
- Xu L, Sun H, Zhang M, Jiang Y, Zhang C, Zhou J, et al. MicroRNA-145 protects follicular granulosa cells against oxidative stress-induced apoptosis by targeting Krüppel-like factor 4. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2017;452:138-147 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-145 protects GCs against oxidative stress-induced apoptosis by targeting KLF4. ..
- Chivukula R, Shi G, Acharya A, Mills E, Zeitels L, Anandam J, et al. An essential mesenchymal function for miR-143/145 in intestinal epithelial regeneration. Cell. 2014;157:1104-16 pubmed publisher..These results provide important insights into the regulation of epithelial wound healing and argue against a cell-autonomous tumor suppressor role for miR-143/145 in colon cancer...