Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir144
Description: microRNA 144
Alias: Mirn144, mmu-mir-144
- Zhou Y, Fang L, Yu Y, Niu J, Jiang L, Cao H, et al. Erythropoietin protects the tubular basement membrane by promoting the bone marrow to release extracellular vesicles containing tPA-targeting miR-144. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2016;310:F27-40 pubmed publisher..This finding thus suggests that EPO, a hormone widely used to treat anemia in CKD, is a potential therapeutic strategy for renal fibrosis. ..
- Yu M, Liu Y, Zhang B, Shi Y, Cui L, Zhao X. Inhibiting microRNA-144 abates oxidative stress and reduces apoptosis in hearts of streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2015;24:375-81 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of miR-144 might have clinical potential to abate oxidative stress as well as to reduce cardiomyocyte apoptosis and improve cardiac function in diabetic cardiomyopathy. ..
- Zhou L, Guo L, Tang J, Zhang A, Liu X, Xu G. [miR-144 regulates BCG- and rapamycin-induced autophagy by targeting Atg4a in RAW264.7 cells]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2015;31:163-7 pubmed..miR-144 can directly inhibit the autophagy-related gene Atg4a expression and participate in the regulation of autophagy process in Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. ..
- Fu X, Huang X, Li P, Chen W, Xia M. 7-Ketocholesterol inhibits isocitrate dehydrogenase 2 expression and impairs endothelial function via microRNA-144. Free Radic Biol Med. 2014;71:1-15 pubmed publisher..The newly identified 7-KC-miR-144-IDH2 pathway may contribute to atherosclerosis progression and provides new insight into 7-KC function and microRNA biology in cardiovascular disease. ..
- de Aguiar Vallim T, Tarling E, Kim T, Civelek M, Baldán A, Esau C, et al. MicroRNA-144 regulates hepatic ATP binding cassette transporter A1 and plasma high-density lipoprotein after activation of the nuclear receptor farnesoid X receptor. Circ Res. 2013;112:1602-12 pubmed publisher..We set out to investigate the molecular mechanisms for FXR-dependent regulation of lipid and lipoprotein metabolism...
- Rosenberger C, Podyminogin R, Diercks A, Treuting P, Peschon J, Rodriguez D, et al. miR-144 attenuates the host response to influenza virus by targeting the TRAF6-IRF7 signaling axis. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006305 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that miR-144 reduces the antiviral response by attenuating the TRAF6-IRF7 pathway to alter the cellular antiviral transcriptional landscape. ..
- Li J, Rohailla S, Gelber N, Rutka J, Sabah N, Gladstone R, et al. MicroRNA-144 is a circulating effector of remote ischemic preconditioning. Basic Res Cardiol. 2014;109:423 pubmed publisher..Future studies should assess the potential for plasma miR-144 as a biomarker of the effectiveness of rIPC induced by limb ischemia, and whether miR-144 itself may represent a novel therapy to reduce clinical ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Lan F, Yu H, Hu M, Xia T, Yue X. miR-144-3p exerts anti-tumor effects in glioblastoma by targeting c-Met. J Neurochem. 2015;135:274-86 pubmed publisher..Our data provide new insights into the potential application of miR-144-3p in GBM therapy by targeting MET and then inhibiting the downstream signaling. ..
- Huang C, Geng J, Wei X, Zhang R, Jiang S. MiR-144-3p regulates osteogenic differentiation and proliferation of murine mesenchymal stem cells by specifically targeting Smad4. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:795-807 pubmed publisher..Additionally, Smad4 knockdown blocks the effects of miR-144-3p inhibitor. Therefore, we conclude that miR-144-3p negatively regulates osteogenic differentiation and proliferation of C3H10T1/2 cells by targeting Smad4. ..
- Murphy C, Li X, Maurer V, Oberhauser M, Gstir R, Wearick Silva L, et al. MicroRNA-Mediated Rescue of Fear Extinction Memory by miR-144-3p in Extinction-Impaired Mice. Biol Psychiatry. 2017;81:979-989 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a fundamental role of miR-144-3p in the rescue of impaired fear extinction and suggest this miRNA as a viable target in developing novel treatments for posttraumatic stress disorder and related disorders. ..
- Zhou J, Lei B, Li H, Zhu L, Wang L, Tao H, et al. MicroRNA-144 is regulated by CP2 and decreases COX-2 expression and PGE2 production in mouse ovarian granulosa cells. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2597 pubmed publisher..In addition, miR-144 regulated mGC apoptosis and affected follicular atresia, but these activities did not appear to be through COX-2 and Smad4. Taken together, we revealed an important CP2/miR-144/COX-2/PGE2/ovulation pathway in mGCs. ..
- Ramírez C, Rotllan N, Vlassov A, Davalos A, Li M, Goedeke L, et al. Control of cholesterol metabolism and plasma high-density lipoprotein levels by microRNA-144. Circ Res. 2013;112:1592-601 pubmed publisher..Increasing evidence supports the role of microRNA (miRNAs) in regulating cholesterol metabolism through ABC transporters...
- Rasmussen K, O Carroll D. The miR-144/451eGFP allele, a novel tool for resolving the erythroid potential of hematopoietic precursors. Blood. 2011;118:2988-92 pubmed publisher..Using competitive reconstitution experiments in the Ly5 transplant model, we show that eGFP linearly correlates with Ly5 expression. Thus, the miR-144/451(eGFP) allele represents a novel tool for the resolution of erythroid potential. ..
- Liu W, Liu C, Zhu J, Shu P, Yin B, Gong Y, et al. MicroRNA-16 targets amyloid precursor protein to potentially modulate Alzheimer's-associated pathogenesis in SAMP8 mice. Neurobiol Aging. 2012;33:522-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that APP is a target of miR-16 and the abnormally low expression of miR-16 could potentially lead to APP protein accumulation in AD mice. ..