Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir143
Description: microRNA 143
Alias: Mirn143, mmu-mir-143
- Xia X, Li Z, Liu K, Wu Y, Jiang D, Lai Y. Staphylococcal LTA-Induced miR-143 Inhibits Propionibacterium acnes-Mediated Inflammatory Response in Skin. J Invest Dermatol. 2016;136:621-630 pubmed publisher..epidermidis at the site of acne vulgaris might be a beneficial therapeutic strategy for management of P. acnes-induced inflammation. ..
- Dahan D, Ekman M, Larsson Callerfelt A, TurczyÅ„ska K, Boettger T, Braun T, et al. Induction of angiotensin-converting enzyme after miR-143/145 deletion is critical for impaired smooth muscle contractility. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2014;307:C1093-101 pubmed publisher..This shows that tissue-specific targets are critical for the effects of miR-143/145 on smooth muscle differentiation and that angiotensin converting enzyme is one such target. ..
- Soriano Arroquia A, McCormick R, Molloy A, McArdle A, Goljanek Whysall K. Age-related changes in miR-143-3p:Igfbp5 interactions affect muscle regeneration. Aging Cell. 2016;15:361-9 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that dysregulation of miR-143-3p:Igfbp5 interactions in satellite cells with age may be responsible for age-related changes in satellite cell function. ..
- Medrano S, Sequeira Lopez M, Gomez R. Deletion of the miR-143/145 cluster leads to hydronephrosis in mice. Am J Pathol. 2014;184:3226-38 pubmed publisher..We show that miR-143/145 are important for the normal peristalsis of the ureter and report an association between the expression of these miRNAs and hydronephrosis. ..
- Yi C, Xie W, Li F, Lv Q, He J, Wu J, et al. MiR-143 enhances adipogenic differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells through targeting the coding region of mouse pleiotrophin. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3303-9 pubmed publisher..The rare codons upstream of the target site regulate miR143-induced translational knockdown of PTN, which provides more insight into the mechanism of adipogenic ..
- Hu S, Ren G, Liu J, Zhao Z, Yu Y, Su R, et al. MicroRNA expression and regulation in mouse uterus during embryo implantation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:23473-84 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we showed that Reck was the target gene of miR-21. Our data suggest that miR-21 may play a key role during embryo implantation. ..
- Bhattachariya A, Dahan D, Ekman M, Boettger T, Braun T, SwÃ¤rd K, et al. Spontaneous activity and stretch-induced contractile differentiation are reduced in vascular smooth muscle of miR-143/145 knockout mice. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2015;215:133-43 pubmed publisher..This may have important implications for the use of these microRNAs as therapeutic targets in vascular disease. ..
- Fan P, Chen Z, Tian P, Liu W, Jiao Y, Xue Y, et al. miRNA biogenesis enzyme Drosha is required for vascular smooth muscle cell survival. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60888 pubmed publisher..Using bioinformatics approach, the interactions between dysregulated miRNAs and their target genes were analyzed. Our data demonstrated that Drosha is required for VSMC survival by targeting multiple signaling pathways. ..
- Zhang J, Ji X, Zhou D, Li Y, Lin J, Liu J, et al. miR-143 is critical for the formation of primordial follicles in mice. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2013;18:588-97 pubmed..These findings suggest that miR-143 is critical for the formation of primordial follicles and regulates ovarian development and function. ..
- Massy Z, Metzinger Le Meuth V, Metzinger L. MicroRNAs Are Associated with Uremic Toxicity, Cardiovascular Calcification, and Disease. Contrib Nephrol. 2017;189:160-168 pubmed
- Deng L, Blanco F, Stevens H, Lu R, Caudrillier A, McBride M, et al. MicroRNA-143 Activation Regulates Smooth Muscle and Endothelial Cell Crosstalk in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Circ Res. 2015;117:870-883 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings confirm an important role for the miR-143/145 cluster in PAH pathobiology. ..
- Davis Dusenbery B, Chan M, Reno K, Weisman A, Layne M, Lagna G, et al. down-regulation of Kruppel-like factor-4 (KLF4) by microRNA-143/145 is critical for modulation of vascular smooth muscle cell phenotype by transforming growth factor-beta and bone morphogenetic protein 4. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:28097-110 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study sheds light on both the similarities and the differences of TGF-? and BMP4 signaling in the regulation of KLF4 and contractile genes. ..
- Bai Y, Zhang Y, Hua J, Yang X, Zhang X, Duan M, et al. Silencing microRNA-143 protects the integrity of the blood-brain barrier: implications for methamphetamine abuse. Sci Rep. 2016;6:35642 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that silencing miR-143 could provide a novel therapeutic strategy for BBB damage-related vascular dysfunction. ..
- Dai R, Phillips R, Zhang Y, Khan D, Crasta O, Ahmed S. Suppression of LPS-induced Interferon-gamma and nitric oxide in splenic lymphocytes by select estrogen-regulated microRNAs: a novel mechanism of immune modulation. Blood. 2008;112:4591-7 pubmed publisher..Our data are the first to demonstrate the selective regulation of miRNA expression in immune cells by estrogen and are indicative of an important role of miRNAs in estrogen-mediated immune regulation. ..
- Kim Y, Min T, Seo K, Kim S. Expression of pref-1/dlk-1 is regulated by microRNA-143 in 3T3-L1 cells. Mol Biol Rep. 2015;42:617-24 pubmed publisher..However, the suppressed phosphorylation was restored by miR-143 inhibitor. Taken together, these data suggest that miR-143 promotes adipogenesis by directly modulating the pref-1 expression in adipocytes. ..
- He Z, Yu J, Zhou C, Ren G, Cong P, Mo D, et al. MiR-143 is not essential for adipose development as revealed by in vivo antisense targeting. Biotechnol Lett. 2013;35:499-507 pubmed publisher..However, we did fibroblast growth factor 7 (Fgf7) was identified as a target of miR-143 in murine adipogenesis. ..
- Prakhar P, Holla S, Ghorpade D, Gilleron M, Puzo G, Udupa V, et al. Ac2PIM-responsive miR-150 and miR-143 target receptor-interacting protein kinase 2 and transforming growth factor beta-activated kinase 1 to suppress NOD2-induced immunomodulators. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:26576-86 pubmed publisher..Our investigation has thus underscored the negative regulatory role of Ac2PIM-TLR2 signaling on NOD2 pathway which could broaden our understanding on vaccine potential or adjuvant utilities of Ac2PIM and/or MDP. ..
- Liu H, Lin H, Zhang L, Sun Q, Yuan G, Zhang L, et al. miR-145 and miR-143 regulate odontoblast differentiation through targeting Klf4 and Osx genes in a feedback loop. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:9261-71 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we for the first time showed that the miR-143 and miR-145 controlled odontoblast differentiation and dentin formation through KLF4 and OSX transcriptional factor signaling pathways...
- Li E, Zhang J, Yuan T, Ma B. MiR-143 suppresses osteogenic differentiation by targeting Osterix. Mol Cell Biochem. 2014;390:69-74 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that miR-143 is a novel regulator of Osx, and it might play an essential role in the regulation of osteogenic differentiation. ..
- Zhao E, Keller M, Rabaglia M, Oler A, Stapleton D, Schueler K, et al. Obesity and genetics regulate microRNAs in islets, liver, and adipose of diabetic mice. Mamm Genome. 2009;20:476-85 pubmed publisher..Understanding the influence that obesity and genetics exert on the regulation of miRNA expression will reveal the role miRNAs play in the context of obesity-induced type 2 diabetes. ..
- Climent M, Quintavalle M, Miragoli M, Chen J, Condorelli G, Elia L. TGFÎ² Triggers miR-143/145 Transfer From Smooth Muscle Cells to Endothelial Cells, Thereby Modulating Vessel Stabilization. Circ Res. 2015;116:1753-64 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that miR-143 and miR-145 act as communication molecules between SMCs and ECs to modulate the angiogenic and vessel stabilization properties of ECs. ..
- Hand N, Master Z, Eauclaire S, Weinblatt D, Matthews R, Friedman J. The microRNA-30 family is required for vertebrate hepatobiliary development. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:1081-90 pubmed publisher..One of these, the biliary miRNA miR-30a, is required for biliary development in zebrafish. This is the first demonstration of a functional role for miRNA in hepatic organogenesis. ..
- Fang R, Xiao T, Fang Z, Sun Y, Li F, Gao Y, et al. MicroRNA-143 (miR-143) regulates cancer glycolysis via targeting hexokinase 2 gene. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:23227-35 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we have not only established a novel methodology for gene-miRNA pair prediction but also identified miR-143 as an essential regulator of cancer glycolysis via targeting HK2. ..
- Quintavalle M, Elia L, Condorelli G, Courtneidge S. MicroRNA control of podosome formation in vascular smooth muscle cells in vivo and in vitro. J Cell Biol. 2010;189:13-22 pubmed publisher..Thus, dysregulation of the miR-143 and -145 genes is causally involved in the aberrant SMC plasticity encountered during vascular disease, in part through the up-regulation of an autoregulatory loop that promotes podosome formation...
- Wang X, Hu G, Zhou J. Repression of versican expression by microRNA-143. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:23241-50 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first evidence that myocardin, in addition to activating smooth muscle-specific genes, regulates ECM expression through induction of microRNAs during smooth muscle differentiation. ..
- Kent O, Chivukula R, Mullendore M, Wentzel E, Feldmann G, Lee K, et al. Repression of the miR-143/145 cluster by oncogenic Ras initiates a tumor-promoting feed-forward pathway. Genes Dev. 2010;24:2754-9 pubmed publisher..Additionally, KRAS and RREB1 are targets of miR-143/miR-145, revealing a feed-forward mechanism that potentiates Ras signaling. ..
- Hien T, TurczyÅ„ska K, Dahan D, Ekman M, Grossi M, SjÃ¶gren J, et al. Elevated Glucose Levels Promote Contractile and Cytoskeletal Gene Expression in Vascular Smooth Muscle via Rho/Protein Kinase C and Actin Polymerization. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:3552-68 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data demonstrate a possible link between hyperglycemia and vascular disease states associated with smooth muscle contractility. ..
- Bae I, Park P, Lee J, Cho E, Lee T, Kim S. PPAR?-mediated G-protein coupled receptor 120 signaling pathway promotes transcriptional activation of miR-143 in adipocytes. Gene. 2017;626:64-69 pubmed publisher..Silencing of PPAR? inhibited the induction of miR-143 by GPR-120. These results suggested that a PPAR?-mediated GPR120 signaling pathway promotes transcriptional activation of miR-143 in adipocytes. ..
- Dimitrova N, Gocheva V, Bhutkar A, Resnick R, Jong R, Miller K, et al. Stromal Expression of miR-143/145 Promotes Neoangiogenesis in Lung Cancer Development. Cancer Discov. 2016;6:188-201 pubmed publisher..We propose inhibition of miR-143/145 as a therapeutic avenue to modulate tumor neoangiogenesis. ..
- Li B, Wang Z, Hu Z, Zhang M, Ren Z, Zhou Z, et al. P38 MAPK Signaling Pathway Mediates Angiotensin II-Induced miR143/145 Gene Cluster Downregulation during Aortic Dissection Formation. Ann Vasc Surg. 2017;40:262-273 pubmed publisherWe endeavored to prove that angiotensin II (Ang II) regulates both the expression of micro-RNA143/145 (miR143/145) and differentiation of vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs) during the formation of aortic dissection (AD)...
- Du J, Zhang Y, Shen L, Luo J, Lei H, Zhang P, et al. Effect of miR-143-3p on C2C12 myoblast differentiation. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2016;80:706-11 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-143-3p represents a new myogenic differentiation-associated microRNA that can inhibit C2C12 myoblast differentiation, especially in the later stages of differentiation. ..
- Liu P, Baumgart M, Groth M, Wittmann J, Jack H, Platzer M, et al. Dicer ablation in osteoblasts by Runx2 driven cre-loxP recombination affects bone integrity, but not glucocorticoid-induced suppression of bone formation. Sci Rep. 2016;6:32112 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Dicer-dependent small RNA biogenesis in osteoblasts plays only a minor role in the pathogenesis of GC-induced inhibition of bone formation. ..
- Bai Y, Zhang Y, Han B, Yang L, Chen X, Huang R, et al. Circular RNA DLGAP4 Ameliorates Ischemic Stroke Outcomes by Targeting miR-143 to Regulate Endothelial-Mesenchymal Transition Associated with Blood-Brain Barrier Integrity. J Neurosci. 2018;38:32-50 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report describing the efficacy of circRNA injection in an ischemic stroke model. Our investigation suggests that circDLGAP4 may serve as a novel therapeutic target for acute ischemic injury. ..
- Lugli G, Larson J, Demars M, Smalheiser N. Primary microRNA precursor transcripts are localized at post-synaptic densities in adult mouse forebrain. J Neurochem. 2012;123:459-66 pubmed publisher..This study supports the notion that miRNA biogenesis occurs locally near synapses in a regulated fashion. ..
- Shen Z, Li D, Zhao Y, Guo J. [[Screening of differentially expressed miRNAs related to muscle strain and their target genes]. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2013;47:868-75 pubmed..Together with the previous studies, we suppose that proteins in module B, most of which are collagens or integrins, most likely participate in healing of strain injuries through cell adhesion processes. ..
- Yao M, Wang X, Tang Y, Zhang W, Cui B, Liu Q, et al. Dicer mediating the expression of miR-143 and miR-155 regulates hexokinase II associated cellular response to hypoxia. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2014;307:L829-37 pubmed publisher..When Dicer was knocked down with small-interfering RNA (siRNA), pre-miR143 was increased and mature miR-143 was decreased as that in hypoxia, indicating that reduction of Dicer is ..
- Sala F, Aranda J, Rotllan N, Ramírez C, Aryal B, Elia L, et al. MiR-143/145 deficiency attenuates the progression of atherosclerosis in Ldlr-/-mice. Thromb Haemost. 2014;112:796-802 pubmed publisher..In summary, miR-143/145 deficiency significantly reduces atherosclerosis in mice. Therapeutic inhibition of miR-145 might be useful for treating atherosclerotic vascular disease. ..
- Liu X, Cheng Y, Yang J, Qin S, Chen X, Tang X, et al. Flank sequences of miR-145/143 and their aberrant expression in vascular disease: mechanism and therapeutic application. J Am Heart Assoc. 2013;2:e000407 pubmed publisher..The genetically engineered "smart" miRNAs based on their flank sequences may have broadly therapeutic applications for many vascular diseases. ..
- Taïbi F, Metzinger Le Meuth V, M Baya Moutoula E, Djelouat M, Louvet L, Bugnicourt J, et al. Possible involvement of microRNAs in vascular damage in experimental chronic kidney disease. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1842:88-98 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these miRNAs could have role(s) in CKD vascular remodeling and may therefore represent useful targets to prevent or treat complications of CKD. ..
- Tam Tam S, Bastian I, Zhou X, Vander Hoek M, Michael M, Gibbins I, et al. MicroRNA-143 expression in dorsal root ganglion neurons. Cell Tissue Res. 2011;346:163-73 pubmed publisher..Since expression levels of miR-143 were higher in I-B4 positive neurons and declined in response to inflammation but not axotomy, miR-143 could selectively contribute to mRNA regulation in specific populations of nociceptors. ..
- Hackler L, Wan J, Swaroop A, Qian J, Zack D. MicroRNA profile of the developing mouse retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:1823-31 pubmed publisher..Conclusions. Global expression profiling revealed dozens of miRNAs with significant expression changes in the developing retina. Precise patterns of expression of miRNAs suggest their specific roles in development. ..
- Chen M, Herring B. Regulation of microRNAs by Brahma-related gene 1 (Brg1) in smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:6397-408 pubmed publisher..SWI/SNF-mediated chromatin remodeling thus regulates the phenotype of smooth muscle by affecting expression of protein-coding genes and microRNAs. ..
- Zhang Y, Shen K, Bai Y, Lv X, Huang R, Zhang W, et al. Mir143-BBC3 cascade reduces microglial survival via interplay between apoptosis and autophagy: Implications for methamphetamine-mediated neurotoxicity. Autophagy. 2016;12:1538-59 pubmed publisher..In addition to the classical transcription factor TRP53, Mir143 is involved in BBC3 expression at the post-transcriptional level...
- Norata G, Pinna C, Zappella F, Elia L, Sala A, Condorelli G, et al. MicroRNA 143-145 deficiency impairs vascular function. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2012;25:467-74 pubmedMicroRNAs are required for vascular smooth muscle growth, differentiation and function. MiR143-145 modulates cytoskeletal dynamics and acquisition of the contractile phenotype by smooth muscle cells...
- Clapé C, Fritz V, Henriquet C, Apparailly F, Fernandez P, Iborra F, et al. miR-143 interferes with ERK5 signaling, and abrogates prostate cancer progression in mice. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7542 pubmed publisher..We show here that ERK5 is a miR-143 target in prostate cancer. miR-143 is as a new target for prostate cancer treatment. ..
- Thomson J, Newman M, Parker J, Morin Kensicki E, Wright T, Hammond S. Extensive post-transcriptional regulation of microRNAs and its implications for cancer. Genes Dev. 2006;20:2202-7 pubmed..These data uncover a novel regulatory step in miRNA function and provide a mechanism for miRNA down-regulation in cancer. ..