Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir142
Description: microRNA 142
Alias: Mirn142, miR-142, mmu-mir-142
- Kramer N, Wang W, Reyes E, Kumar B, Chen C, Ramakrishna C, et al. Altered lymphopoiesis and immunodeficiency in miR-142 null mice. Blood. 2015;125:3720-30 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results uncover miR-142 as an essential regulator of lymphopoiesis, and suggest that lesions in this miRNA gene may lead to primary immunodeficiency. ..
- Hu T, Phiwpan K, Guo J, Zhang W, Guo J, Zhang Z, et al. MicroRNA-142-3p Negatively Regulates Canonical Wnt Signaling Pathway. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0158432 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings highlight the inhibitory role of miR-142-3p in Wnt/?-catenin signaling, which help to understand the complex regulation of Wnt/?-catenin signaling. ..
- Annoni A, Brown B, Cantore A, Sergi L, Naldini L, Roncarolo M. In vivo delivery of a microRNA-regulated transgene induces antigen-specific regulatory T cells and promotes immunologic tolerance. Blood. 2009;114:5152-61 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that, in the context of lentiviral vector-mediated gene transfer, detargeting antigen expression from professional APCs, coupled with expression in hepatocytes, can induce antigen-specific immunologic tolerance. ..
- Zhao E, Keller M, Rabaglia M, Oler A, Stapleton D, Schueler K, et al. Obesity and genetics regulate microRNAs in islets, liver, and adipose of diabetic mice. Mamm Genome. 2009;20:476-85 pubmed publisher..Understanding the influence that obesity and genetics exert on the regulation of miRNA expression will reveal the role miRNAs play in the context of obesity-induced type 2 diabetes. ..
- Shrestha A, Mukhametshina R, Taghizadeh S, VÃ¡squez Pacheco E, Cabrera Fuentes H, Rizvanov A, et al. MicroRNA-142 is a multifaceted regulator in organogenesis, homeostasis, and disease. Dev Dyn. 2017;246:285-290 pubmed publisher..This review will summarize the abundant literature already available for miR-142 and will lay the foundation for future works on this important microRNA. Developmental Dynamics 246:285-290, 2017. Â© 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Mildner A, Chapnik E, Varol D, Aychek T, Lampl N, Rivkin N, et al. MicroRNA-142 controls thymocyte proliferation. Eur J Immunol. 2017;47:1142-1152 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we establish a key role for miR-142 in the control of early and mature thymocyte proliferation, demonstrating the multifaceted role of a single miRNA on several target genes. ..
- Chapnik E, Rivkin N, Mildner A, Beck G, Pasvolsky R, Metzl Raz E, et al. miR-142 orchestrates a network of actin cytoskeleton regulators during megakaryopoiesis. elife. 2014;3:e01964 pubmed publisher..DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.01964.001. ..
- Takada S, Berezikov E, Yamashita Y, Lagos Quintana M, Kloosterman W, Enomoto M, et al. Mouse microRNA profiles determined with a new and sensitive cloning method. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:e115 pubmed..Our data thus indicate that the total number of miRNAs in vertebrates is larger than previously appreciated and that the expression of these molecules is tightly controlled in a tissue- and developmental stage-specific manner. ..
- Yamada Y, Kosaka K, Miyazawa T, Kurata Miura K, Yoshida T. miR-142-3p enhances Fc?RI-mediated degranulation in mast cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:980-6 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that miR-142-3p is a potential therapeutic target in pathological conditions caused by mast cells, such as mastocytosis and allergies. ..
- Lochhead R, Ma Y, Zachary J, Baltimore D, Zhao J, Weis J, et al. MicroRNA-146a provides feedback regulation of lyme arthritis but not carditis during infection with Borrelia burgdorferi. PLoS Pathog. 2014;10:e1004212 pubmed publisher..Together, these data show that miR-146a-mediated regulation of TRAF6 and NF-?B, and downstream targets such as IL-1?, IL-6 and CXCL1, are critical for modulation of Lyme arthritis during chronic infection with B. burgdorferi. ..
- Sun Y, Oravecz Wilson K, Mathewson N, Wang Y, McEachin R, Liu C, et al. Mature T cell responses are controlled by microRNA-142. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:2825-40 pubmed publisher..T cell development was not affected in animals with a targeted deletion of Mir142; however, T cell proliferation was markedly reduced following stimulation both in vitro and in multiple murine ..
- Shrestha A, Carraro G, El Agha E, Mukhametshina R, Chao C, Rizvanov A, et al. Generation and Validation of miR-142 Knock Out Mice. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0136913 pubmed publisher..We report, for the first time, the homologous recombination-based miR-142-null mice that will be useful for the scientific community working on the diverse biological functions of miR-142. ..
- Bhandari A, Gordon W, Dizon D, Hopkin A, Gordon E, Yu Z, et al. The Grainyhead transcription factor Grhl3/Get1 suppresses miR-21 expression and tumorigenesis in skin: modulation of the miR-21 target MSH2 by RNA-binding protein DND1. Oncogene. 2013;32:1497-507 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that decreased Grhl3 expression contributes to tumor progression and upregulation of the oncomir miR-21 in squamous cell carcinoma of the skin. ..
- Zhou Z, You Z. Mesenchymal Stem Cells Alleviate LPS-Induced Acute Lung Injury in Mice by MiR-142a-5p-Controlled Pulmonary Endothelial Cell Autophagy. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:258-66 pubmed publisher..MSCs reduced the levels of miR-142a-5p in PECs from LPS-treated mice. MSCs may alleviate LPS-ALI through downregulation of miR-142a-5p, which allows PECs to increase Beclin-1-mediated cell autophagy. ..
- Tu M, Tang J, He H, Cheng P, Chen C. MiR-142-5p promotes bone repair by maintaining osteoblast activity. J Bone Miner Metab. 2017;35:255-264 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study revealed that miR-142-5p plays a crucial role in healing fractures by maintaining osteoblast activity, and provided a new molecular target therapeutic strategy for bone healing. ..
- Zhai Z, Wu F, Dong F, Chuang A, Messer J, Boone D, et al. Human autophagy gene ATG16L1 is post-transcriptionally regulated by MIR142-3p. Autophagy. 2014;10:468-79 pubmed publisher..Of 5 tested miRNAs with putative binding sites within the region, MIR142-3p, upon transient overexpression in the cells, resulted in decreased ATG16L1 mRNA and protein levels...
- Tobón K, Chang D, Kuzhikandathil E. MicroRNA 142-3p mediates post-transcriptional regulation of D1 dopamine receptor expression. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49288 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to demonstrate that the post-transcriptional regulation of D1 receptor expression is mediated by microRNA-induced translational suppression. ..
- Hosako H, Martin G, Barrier M, Chen Y, Ivanov I, Mirkes P. Gene and microRNA expression in p53-deficient day 8.5 mouse embryos. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2009;85:546-55 pubmed publisher..Our data have identified genes and miRNAs that may be involved in the mechanisms underlining NTDs and begin to define the developmental role of p53 in the etiology of NTDs. ..
- Dai R, Phillips R, Zhang Y, Khan D, Crasta O, Ahmed S. Suppression of LPS-induced Interferon-gamma and nitric oxide in splenic lymphocytes by select estrogen-regulated microRNAs: a novel mechanism of immune modulation. Blood. 2008;112:4591-7 pubmed publisher..Our data are the first to demonstrate the selective regulation of miRNA expression in immune cells by estrogen and are indicative of an important role of miRNAs in estrogen-mediated immune regulation. ..
- Shende V, Neuendorff N, Earnest D. Role of miR-142-3p in the post-transcriptional regulation of the clock gene Bmal1 in the mouse SCN. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65300 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that miR-142-3p may play a role in the post-transcriptional modulation of Bmal1 and its oscillatory regulation in molecular feedback loops mediating SCN circadian function. ..
- Su S, Zhao Q, He C, Huang D, Liu J, Chen F, et al. miR-142-5p and miR-130a-3p are regulated by IL-4 and IL-13 and control profibrogenic macrophage program. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8523 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-142-5p and miR-130a-3p regulate macrophage profibrogenic gene expression in chronic inflammation. ..
- Sladitschek H, Neveu P. The bimodally expressed microRNA miR-142 gates exit from pluripotency. Mol Syst Biol. 2015;11:850 pubmed publisher..This reveals a novel mechanism to maintain a stem cell reservoir buffered against fluctuating signaling environments. ..
- Jia A, Castillo Martin M, Domingo Domenech J, Bonal D, Sanchez Carbayo M, Silva J, et al. A common MicroRNA signature consisting of miR-133a, miR-139-3p, and miR-142-3p clusters bladder carcinoma in situ with normal umbrella cells. Am J Pathol. 2013;182:1171-9 pubmed publisher..Notably, this study provides evidence of the possible origin relationship between CIS and normal umbrella cells...
- Li Y, Wang P, Zhuang Y, Lin H, Li Y, Liu L, et al. Activation of AMPK by berberine promotes adiponectin multimerization in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:1735-40 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of AMPK?1 abolishes the effect of berberine. Activation of AMPK by AICAR also increases the level of HMW adiponectin. Our study suggested that activation of AMPK by berberine promotes adiponectin multimerization. ..
- Liu Y, Song X, Meng S, Jiang M. Downregulated expression of miR-142-3p in macrophages contributes to increased IL-6 levels in aged mice. Mol Immunol. 2016;80:11-16 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that downregulation of miR-142-3p in macrophages of aged mice might contribute to IL-6-associated aging disorders and that epigenetic modification might be involved in age-related inflammatory diseases. ..
- Rivkin N, Chapnik E, Mildner A, Barshtein G, Porat Z, Kartvelishvily E, et al. Erythrocyte survival is controlled by microRNA-142. Haematologica. 2017;102:676-685 pubmed publisher..Finally, the work herein demonstrates how a housekeeping network of cytoskeletal regulators can be reshaped by a single micro-RNA denominator in a cell type specific manner. ..
- Wang Y, Ouyang M, Wang Q, Jian Z. MicroRNA-142-3p inhibits hypoxia/reoxygenation?induced apoptosis and fibrosis of cardiomyocytes by targeting high mobility group box 1. Int J Mol Med. 2016;38:1377-1386 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these findings have increased our understanding of the pathogenesis of H/R-induced myocardial injury. ..
- Duijvis N, Moerland P, Kunne C, Slaman M, van Dooren F, Vogels E, et al. Inhibition of miR-142-5P ameliorates disease in mouse models of experimental colitis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185097 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, CD4+CD45RBhi-transfer colitis induces miR-142-5p. Blocking miR-142-5p reduced colitis and prevented wasting disease, possibly by activation of the IL10RA pathway. ..
- Shende V, Kim S, Neuendorff N, Earnest D. MicroRNAs function as cis- and trans-acting modulators of peripheral circadian clocks. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:3015-22 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-142-3p and miR-494 may function as cis- and trans-acting signals contributing to local temporal coordination of cell-autonomous circadian clocks. ..
- Carraro G, Shrestha A, Rostkovius J, Contreras A, Chao C, El Agha E, et al. miR-142-3p balances proliferation and differentiation of mesenchymal cells during lung development. Development. 2014;141:1272-81 pubmed publisher..These findings show that in the embryonic lung mesenchyme, the microRNA machinery modulates the level of WNT signaling, adding an extra layer of control in the feedback loop between FGFR2C and ?-catenin-mediated WNT signaling. ..