Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir137
Description: microRNA 137
Alias: Mirn137, mmu-mir-137
- He D, Tan J, Zhang J. miR-137 attenuates A?-induced neurotoxicity through inactivation of NF-?B pathway by targeting TNFAIP1 in Neuro2a cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:941-947 pubmed publisher..miR-137 attenuated A?-induced neurotoxicity through inactivation of NF-?B pathway by targeting TNFAIP1 in N2a cells, shedding light on the molecular mechanism of miR-137 underlying A?-induced neurotoxicity. ..
- Wang J, Xu R, Wu J, Li Z. MicroRNA-137 Negatively Regulates Hâ‚‚Oâ‚‚-Induced Cardiomyocyte Apoptosis Through CDC42. Med Sci Monit. 2015;21:3498-504 pubmed..Our work demonstrated miR-137 and CDC42 are critical regulators in cardiomyocyte apoptosis. It may help to identify the molecular targets to prevent myocardial injury in human patients. ..
- Santos M, Tegge A, Correa B, Mahesula S, Kohnke L, Qiao M, et al. miR-124, -128, and -137 Orchestrate Neural Differentiation by Acting on Overlapping Gene Sets Containing a Highly Connected Transcription Factor Network. Stem Cells. 2016;34:220-32 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results show that miRNAs can act cooperatively and synergistically to regulate complex biological processes like neurogenesis and that transcription factors are heavily targeted to branch out their regulatory effect. ..
- Zhang L, Li Z, Gai F, Wang Y. MicroRNA-137 suppresses tumor growth in epithelial ovarian cancer in vitro and in vivo. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:3107-14 pubmed publisher..Notably, the enforced expression of miR-137 suppressed tumor growth in the nude mice models. These findings suggested that miR-137 may act as a tumor suppressor and be used as a potential therapeutic agent for the treatment of EOC. ..
- Jiang K, Ren C, Nair V. MicroRNA-137 represses Klf4 and Tbx3 during differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells. Stem Cell Res. 2013;11:1299-313 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that miR-137 regulates ES cell proliferation and differentiation by repressing the expression of downstream targets, including Klf4 and Tbx3. ..
- Smrt R, Szulwach K, Pfeiffer R, Li X, Guo W, Pathania M, et al. MicroRNA miR-137 regulates neuronal maturation by targeting ubiquitin ligase mind bomb-1. Stem Cells. 2010;28:1060-70 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a novel miRNA-mediated mechanism involving miR-137 and Mib1 that function to regulate neuronal maturation and dendritic morphogenesis during development. ..
- Tarantino C, Paolella G, Cozzuto L, Minopoli G, Pastore L, Parisi S, et al. miRNA 34a, 100, and 137 modulate differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells. FASEB J. 2010;24:3255-63 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that miR-34a, miR-100, and miR-137 are required for proper differentiation of mouse ESCs, and that they function in part by targeting Sirt1, Smarca5, and Jarid1b mRNAs. ..
- Liu B, Cunha G, Baskin L. Differential expression of microRNAs in mouse embryonic bladder. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;385:528-33 pubmed publisher..The identification of unique miRNAs expression before and after smooth muscle differentiation in site-specific area of the bladder indicates their roles in embryogenesis and may aid in future clinical intervention. ..
- Xiao J, Peng F, Yu C, Wang M, Li X, Li Z, et al. microRNA-137 modulates pancreatic cancer cells tumor growth, invasion and sensitivity to chemotherapy. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:7442-50 pubmed..Our study demonstrated that miR-137 played an important role in pancreatic cancer development. It may become a new therapeutic target for gene therapy in patients suffered from pancreatic cancer. ..