Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir128-1
Description: microRNA 128-1
Alias: Mirn128, Mirn128-1, Mirn128a
- Krol J, Krol I, Alvarez C, Fiscella M, Hierlemann A, Roska B, et al. A network comprising short and long noncoding RNAs and RNA helicase controls mouse retina architecture. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7305 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the precise timing of glia-neuron interaction controlled by noncoding RNAs and Ddx3x is important for the even distribution of cells across layers. ..
- Chen J, Li W, Li Y, He S, Li L, Liang L, et al. MicroRNA-128-3p impaired water maze learning by suppressing Doublecortin expression in both wild type and AÎ²-42 infused mice. Neurosci Lett. 2016;626:79-85 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the regulation axis from miR-128 to Dcx is critical for hippocampus-related contextual learning not only in wild type, but also in mice infused with AÎ²-42. ..
- Zhang W, Kim P, Chen Z, Lokman H, Qiu L, Zhang K, et al. MiRNA-128 regulates the proliferation and neurogenesis of neural precursors by targeting PCM1 in the developing cortex. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate a novel mechanism by which miR-128 regulates the proliferation and differentiation of NPCs in the developing neocortex. ..
- Zhang T, Yu J, Zhang Y, Li L, Chen Y, Li D, et al. Salmonella enterica serovar enteritidis modulates intestinal epithelial miR-128 levels to decrease macrophage recruitment via macrophage colony-stimulating factor. J Infect Dis. 2014;209:2000-11 pubmed publisher..Salmonella can upregulate intestinal epithelial miR-128 expression, which, in turn, decreases levels of epithelial cell-secreted M-CSF and M-CSF-induced macrophage recruitment. ..
- Santos M, Tegge A, Correa B, Mahesula S, Kohnke L, Qiao M, et al. miR-124, -128, and -137 Orchestrate Neural Differentiation by Acting on Overlapping Gene Sets Containing a Highly Connected Transcription Factor Network. Stem Cells. 2016;34:220-32 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results show that miRNAs can act cooperatively and synergistically to regulate complex biological processes like neurogenesis and that transcription factors are heavily targeted to branch out their regulatory effect. ..
- Motohashi N, Alexander M, Casar J, Kunkel L. Identification of a novel microRNA that regulates the proliferation and differentiation in muscle side population cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2012;21:3031-43 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that miR-128a contributes to the maintenance of the quiescent state, and it regulates cellular differentiation by repressing individual genes in SP cells. ..
- Huang Y, Dai Y, Zhang J, Wang C, Li D, Cheng J, et al. Circulating microRNAs as potential biomarkers for smoking-related interstitial fibrosis. Biomarkers. 2012;17:435-40 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested a potential use of specific circulating miRNAs as sensitive and informative biomarkers for smoking-induced lung disease. ..