Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir125b-2
Description: microRNA 125b-2
Alias: Mirn125b-2, mir-125b-2
- Schulman B, Esquela Kerscher A, Slack F. Reciprocal expression of lin-41 and the microRNAs let-7 and mir-125 during mouse embryogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:1046-54 pubmed..Our results suggest that mammalian lin-41 is temporally regulated by miRNAs in order to direct key developmental events such as limb formation. ..
- Emmrich S, Rasche M, Schöning J, Reimer C, Keihani S, Maroz A, et al. miR-99a/100~125b tricistrons regulate hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell homeostasis by shifting the balance between TGF? and Wnt signaling. Genes Dev. 2014;28:858-74 pubmed publisher..Hence, our study explains the high phylogenetic conservation of the miR-99a/100?125b tricistrons controlling stem cell homeostasis, the deregulation of which contributes to the development of AMKL. ..
- Akerblom M, Petri R, Sachdeva R, Klussendorf T, Mattsson B, Gentner B, et al. microRNA-125 distinguishes developmentally generated and adult-born olfactory bulb interneurons. Development. 2014;141:1580-8 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that absence of an otherwise broadly expressed miRNA is a novel mechanism with which to achieve neuronal subtype specification. ..
- Yi R, Poy M, Stoffel M, Fuchs E. A skin microRNA promotes differentiation by repressing 'stemness'. Nature. 2008;452:225-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-203 defines a molecular boundary between proliferative basal progenitors and terminally differentiating suprabasal cells, ensuring proper identity of neighbouring layers. ..
- Ooi A, Sahoo D, Adorno M, Wang Y, Weissman I, Park C. MicroRNA-125b expands hematopoietic stem cells and enriches for the lymphoid-balanced and lymphoid-biased subsets. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:21505-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data reveal that miR-125b regulates HSC survival and can promote lymphoid-fate decisions at the level of the HSC by preferentially expanding lymphoid-balanced and lymphoid-biased HSC. ..
- Zhang Z, Liu Y, Xiao L, Li S, Jiang J, Zhao Y, et al. Upregulation of miR-125b by estrogen protects against non-alcoholic fatty liver in female mice. J Hepatol. 2015;63:1466-75 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a novel mechanism by which estrogen protects against hepatic steatosis in female mice via upregulating miR-125b expression. ..
- Hueso M, de Ramon L, Navarro E, Ripoll E, Cruzado J, Grinyo J, et al. Silencing of CD40 in vivo reduces progression of experimental atherogenesis through an NF-?B/miR-125b axis and reveals new potential mediators in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis. 2016;255:80-89 pubmed publisher..7 macrophages. CD40 silencing with a specific siRNA ameliorates progression of experimental atherosclerosis in ApoE-/- mice, and evidences a role for NF-?B, Taf3, Xpr1, and miR-125b in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. ..
- Callis T, Pandya K, Seok H, Tang R, Tatsuguchi M, Huang Z, et al. MicroRNA-208a is a regulator of cardiac hypertrophy and conduction in mice. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2772-86 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies uncover what we believe are novel miRNA-dependent mechanisms that modulate cardiac hypertrophy and electrical conduction. ..
- Byrne M, Warner C. MicroRNA expression in preimplantation mouse embryos from Ped gene positive compared to Ped gene negative mice. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2008;25:205-14 pubmed publisher..The implication is that miR-125a is likely involved in the regulation of timing of early development in mice. ..
- Medrano S, Monteagudo M, Sequeira Lopez M, Pentz E, Gomez R. Two microRNAs, miR-330 and miR-125b-5p, mark the juxtaglomerular cell and balance its smooth muscle phenotype. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2012;302:F29-37 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that miR-330 and miR-125b-5p are markers of JG cells and have opposite effects on renin lineage cells: one inhibiting and the other favoring their smooth muscle phenotype. ..
- Wojtowicz E, Walasek M, Broekhuis M, Weersing E, Ritsema M, Ausema A, et al. MicroRNA-125 family members exert a similar role in the regulation of murine hematopoiesis. Exp Hematol. 2014;42:909-18.e1 pubmed publisher..Our results show that all miR-125 family members are similar in function, they likely operate in a seed-sequence-dependent manner, and they induce a highly comparable hematopoietic phenotype. ..
- Parisi C, Napoli G, Amadio S, Spalloni A, Apolloni S, Longone P, et al. MicroRNA-125b regulates microglia activation and motor neuron death in ALS. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:531-41 pubmed publisher..We prove that, by restoring A20 levels, miR-125b inhibition then sustains motor neuron survival. These results introduce miR-125b as a key mediator of microglia dynamics in ALS. ..
- Goettsch C, Rauner M, Pacyna N, Hempel U, Bornstein S, Hofbauer L. miR-125b regulates calcification of vascular smooth muscle cells. Am J Pathol. 2011;179:1594-600 pubmed publisher..Evaluating the role of miRs in arterial calcification in vivo may have important therapeutic implications. ..
- Schneider M, Andersen D, Silahtaroglu A, Lyngbæk S, Kauppinen S, Hansen J, et al. Cell-specific detection of microRNA expression during cardiomyogenesis by combined in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry. J Mol Histol. 2011;42:289-99 pubmed publisher..This approach will hopefully aid in identifying relevant miRNA targets of both the heart and other organs. ..
- Golden E, Benito Gonzalez A, Doetzlhofer A. The RNA-binding protein LIN28B regulates developmental timing in the mammalian cochlea. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E3864-73 pubmed publisher..Together, these results implicate a key role for the LIN28B/let-7 axis in regulating postnatal SC plasticity. ..
- Kumar A, Kopra J, Varendi K, Porokuokka L, Panhelainen A, Kuure S, et al. GDNF Overexpression from the Native Locus Reveals its Role in the Nigrostriatal Dopaminergic System Function. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005710 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results suggest that 3'UTR targeting may constitute a useful tool in analyzing gene function. ..
- Edbauer D, Neilson J, Foster K, Wang C, Seeburg D, Batterton M, et al. Regulation of synaptic structure and function by FMRP-associated microRNAs miR-125b and miR-132. Neuron. 2010;65:373-84 pubmed publisher..Because NMDA receptor subunit composition profoundly affects synaptic plasticity, these observations have implications for the pathophysiology of fragile X syndrome, in which plasticity is altered. ..
- Deng S, Zhang Y, Xu C, Ma D. MicroRNA-125b-2 overexpression represses ectodermal differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells. Int J Mol Med. 2015;36:355-62 pubmed publisher..The present study provided a basis for the further identification of novel targets of miR-125b-2, which may contribute to an enhanced understanding of the molecular mechanisms of ESC differentiation. ..
- Gutierrez O, Berciano M, Lafarga M, Fernandez Luna J. A novel pathway of TEF regulation mediated by microRNA-125b contributes to the control of actin distribution and cell shape in fibroblasts. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17169 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the first evidence of TEF regulation, through a miR-125b-mediated pathway, and describes a novel role of TEF in the maintenance of cell shape in fibroblasts. ..