Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir125b-1
Description: microRNA 125b-1
Alias: Mirn125b, Mirn125b-1
- Das S, Bhattacharyya N. Heat Shock Factor 1-Regulated miRNAs Can Target Huntingtin and Suppress Aggregates of Mutant Huntingtin. Microrna. 2015;4:185-93 pubmed..Moreover, the suppressive effect of HSF1-regulated miRNAs on mutant huntingtin aggregates indicates their potential as therapeutic agents for the treatment of HD. ..
- Chaudhuri A, So A, Mehta A, Minisandram A, Sinha N, Jonsson V, et al. Oncomir miR-125b regulates hematopoiesis by targeting the gene Lin28A. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:4233-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, the miR-125b target Lin28A is an important regulator of hematopoiesis and a primary target of miR-125b in the hematopoietic system. ..
- Medrano S, Monteagudo M, Sequeira Lopez M, Pentz E, Gomez R. Two microRNAs, miR-330 and miR-125b-5p, mark the juxtaglomerular cell and balance its smooth muscle phenotype. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2012;302:F29-37 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that miR-330 and miR-125b-5p are markers of JG cells and have opposite effects on renin lineage cells: one inhibiting and the other favoring their smooth muscle phenotype. ..
- Edbauer D, Neilson J, Foster K, Wang C, Seeburg D, Batterton M, et al. Regulation of synaptic structure and function by FMRP-associated microRNAs miR-125b and miR-132. Neuron. 2010;65:373-84 pubmed publisher..Because NMDA receptor subunit composition profoundly affects synaptic plasticity, these observations have implications for the pathophysiology of fragile X syndrome, in which plasticity is altered. ..
- Smirnova L, Gräfe A, Seiler A, Schumacher S, Nitsch R, Wulczyn F. Regulation of miRNA expression during neural cell specification. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:1469-77 pubmed..miRNA were strongly induced during neural differentiation of embryonic stem cells, suggesting the validity of the stem cell model for studying miRNA regulation in neural development. ..
- Byrne M, Warner C. MicroRNA expression in preimplantation mouse embryos from Ped gene positive compared to Ped gene negative mice. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2008;25:205-14 pubmed publisher..The implication is that miR-125a is likely involved in the regulation of timing of early development in mice. ..
- Hueso M, de Ramon L, Navarro E, Ripoll E, Cruzado J, Grinyo J, et al. Silencing of CD40 in vivo reduces progression of experimental atherogenesis through an NF-?B/miR-125b axis and reveals new potential mediators in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis. 2016;255:80-89 pubmed publisher..7 macrophages. CD40 silencing with a specific siRNA ameliorates progression of experimental atherosclerosis in ApoE-/- mice, and evidences a role for NF-?B, Taf3, Xpr1, and miR-125b in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. ..
- Le M, Shyh Chang N, Khaw S, Chin L, Teh C, Tay J, et al. Conserved regulation of p53 network dosage by microRNA-125b occurs through evolving miRNA-target gene pairs. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002242 pubmed publisher..Our results lead us to propose that miR-125b buffers and fine-tunes p53 network activity by regulating the dose of both proliferative and apoptotic regulators, with implications for tissue stem cell homeostasis and oncogenesis. ..
- Goettsch C, Rauner M, Pacyna N, Hempel U, Bornstein S, Hofbauer L. miR-125b regulates calcification of vascular smooth muscle cells. Am J Pathol. 2011;179:1594-600 pubmed publisher..Evaluating the role of miRs in arterial calcification in vivo may have important therapeutic implications. ..
- Nagpal V, Rai R, Place A, Murphy S, Verma S, Ghosh A, et al. MiR-125b Is Critical for Fibroblast-to-Myofibroblast Transition and Cardiac Fibrosis. Circulation. 2016;133:291-301 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of miR-125b may represent a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of human cardiac fibrosis and other fibrotic diseases. ..
- Tang F, Zhang R, He Y, Zou M, Guo L, Xi T. MicroRNA-125b induces metastasis by targeting STARD13 in MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35435 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study provided new insights into the function of miR-125b during the metastasis of breat cancer cells and also suggested the role of miR-125b in pro-metastasis by targeting STARD13. ..
- Enomoto Y, Kitaura J, Hatakeyama K, Watanuki J, Akasaka T, Kato N, et al. E?/miR-125b transgenic mice develop lethal B-cell malignancies. Leukemia. 2011;25:1849-56 pubmed publisher..Our results provide direct evidence that miR-125b has important roles in the tumorigenesis of precursor B cells. ..
- Callis T, Pandya K, Seok H, Tang R, Tatsuguchi M, Huang Z, et al. MicroRNA-208a is a regulator of cardiac hypertrophy and conduction in mice. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2772-86 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies uncover what we believe are novel miRNA-dependent mechanisms that modulate cardiac hypertrophy and electrical conduction. ..
- Yi R, Poy M, Stoffel M, Fuchs E. A skin microRNA promotes differentiation by repressing 'stemness'. Nature. 2008;452:225-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-203 defines a molecular boundary between proliferative basal progenitors and terminally differentiating suprabasal cells, ensuring proper identity of neighbouring layers. ..
- Parisi C, Napoli G, Amadio S, Spalloni A, Apolloni S, Longone P, et al. MicroRNA-125b regulates microglia activation and motor neuron death in ALS. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:531-41 pubmed publisher..We prove that, by restoring A20 levels, miR-125b inhibition then sustains motor neuron survival. These results introduce miR-125b as a key mediator of microglia dynamics in ALS. ..
- Ma H, Wang X, Ha T, Gao M, Liu L, Wang R, et al. MicroRNA-125b Prevents Cardiac Dysfunction in Polymicrobial Sepsis by Targeting TRAF6-Mediated Nuclear Factor ?B Activation and p53-Mediated Apoptotic Signaling. J Infect Dis. 2016;214:1773-1783 pubmed..Increased myocardial miR-125b expression attenuates sepsis-induced cardiac dysfunction and improves survival. miR-125b may be a target for septic cardiomyopathy. ..
- Knackmuss U, Lindner S, Aneichyk T, Kotkamp B, Knust Z, Villunger A, et al. MAP3K11 is a tumor suppressor targeted by the oncomiR miR-125b in early B cells. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:242-52 pubmed publisher..Together, this indicates that MAP3K11 might function as an important tumor suppressor neutralized by oncomiR-125b in B-cell leukemia. ..
- Chen X, Liu J, Feng W, Wu X, Chen S. MiR-125b protects against ethanol-induced apoptosis in neural crest cells and mouse embryos by targeting Bak 1 and PUMA. Exp Neurol. 2015;271:104-11 pubmed publisher..This is the first demonstration that miR-125b can prevent ethanol-induced apoptosis and that microinjection of miRNA mimic can prevent ethanol-induced embryotoxicity. ..
- Wang X, Ha T, Zou J, Ren D, Liu L, Zhang X, et al. MicroRNA-125b protects against myocardial ischaemia/reperfusion injury via targeting p53-mediated apoptotic signalling and TRAF6. Cardiovasc Res. 2014;102:385-95 pubmed publisher..miR-125 protects the myocardium from I/R injury by preventing p53-mediated apoptotic signalling and suppressing TRAF6-mediated NF-?B activation. ..
- Kappelmann M, Kuphal S, Meister G, Vardimon L, Bosserhoff A. MicroRNA miR-125b controls melanoma progression by direct regulation of c-Jun protein expression. Oncogene. 2013;32:2984-91 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we demonstrated post-transcriptional regulation of c-Jun by this miRNA and showed that c-Jun is a main mediator of the effects of miR-125b on melanoma cells. ..
- Wang Z, Filgueiras L, Wang S, Serezani A, Peters Golden M, Jancar S, et al. Leukotriene B4 enhances the generation of proinflammatory microRNAs to promote MyD88-dependent macrophage activation. J Immunol. 2014;192:2349-56 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, our data unveil a heretofore unrecognized role for the GPCR BLT1 in controlling expression of microRNAs that regulate MyD88-dependent activation of macrophages. ..
- Surdziel E, Cabanski M, Dallmann I, Lyszkiewicz M, Krueger A, Ganser A, et al. Enforced expression of miR-125b affects myelopoiesis by targeting multiple signaling pathways. Blood. 2011;117:4338-48 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate coordinated regulation of several signaling pathways by miR-125b linked to distinct phenotypes in myeloid cells. ..
- Golden E, Benito Gonzalez A, Doetzlhofer A. The RNA-binding protein LIN28B regulates developmental timing in the mammalian cochlea. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E3864-73 pubmed publisher..Together, these results implicate a key role for the LIN28B/let-7 axis in regulating postnatal SC plasticity. ..
- Wojtowicz E, Walasek M, Broekhuis M, Weersing E, Ritsema M, Ausema A, et al. MicroRNA-125 family members exert a similar role in the regulation of murine hematopoiesis. Exp Hematol. 2014;42:909-18.e1 pubmed publisher..Our results show that all miR-125 family members are similar in function, they likely operate in a seed-sequence-dependent manner, and they induce a highly comparable hematopoietic phenotype. ..
- Dai R, Phillips R, Zhang Y, Khan D, Crasta O, Ahmed S. Suppression of LPS-induced Interferon-gamma and nitric oxide in splenic lymphocytes by select estrogen-regulated microRNAs: a novel mechanism of immune modulation. Blood. 2008;112:4591-7 pubmed publisher..Our data are the first to demonstrate the selective regulation of miRNA expression in immune cells by estrogen and are indicative of an important role of miRNAs in estrogen-mediated immune regulation. ..
- Zhang L, Stokes N, Polak L, Fuchs E. Specific microRNAs are preferentially expressed by skin stem cells to balance self-renewal and early lineage commitment. Cell Stem Cell. 2011;8:294-308 pubmed publisher..We verify some of these miR-125b targets, and show that Blimp1 and VDR in particular can account for many tissue imbalances we see when miR-125b is deregulated. ..
- Hong H, Li Y, Su B. Identification of Circulating miR-125b as a Potential Biomarker of Alzheimer's Disease in APP/PS1 Transgenic Mouse. J Alzheimers Dis. 2017;59:1449-1458 pubmed publisher..Finally, the expression of miR-125b was significantly downregulated in EGCG-treated SH-SY5Y cells. ..
- Akerblom M, Petri R, Sachdeva R, Klussendorf T, Mattsson B, Gentner B, et al. microRNA-125 distinguishes developmentally generated and adult-born olfactory bulb interneurons. Development. 2014;141:1580-8 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that absence of an otherwise broadly expressed miRNA is a novel mechanism with which to achieve neuronal subtype specification. ..
- Zhou J, Zeng Q, Wang H, Zhang B, Li S, Nan X, et al. MicroRNA-125b attenuates epithelial-mesenchymal transitions and targets stem-like liver cancer cells through small mothers against decapentaplegic 2 and 4. Hepatology. 2015;62:801-15 pubmed publisher..miR-125b exerts inhibitory effects on EMT and EMT-associated traits in HCC by SMAD2 and 4. Ectopic expression of miR-125b provides a promising strategy to treat HCC. ..
- Hu J, Zheng L, Shen X, Zhang Y, Li C, Xi T. MicroRNA-125b inhibits AML cells differentiation by directly targeting Fes. Gene. 2017;620:1-9 pubmed publisher..Our data highlights an important role of miR-125b in AML progression, implying the potential application of miR-125b in AML therapy. ..
- Kumar A, Kopra J, Varendi K, Porokuokka L, Panhelainen A, Kuure S, et al. GDNF Overexpression from the Native Locus Reveals its Role in the Nigrostriatal Dopaminergic System Function. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005710 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results suggest that 3'UTR targeting may constitute a useful tool in analyzing gene function. ..
- Dash S, Balasubramaniam M, Rana T, Godino A, Peck E, Goodwin J, et al. Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymerase-1 (PARP-1) Induction by Cocaine Is Post-Transcriptionally Regulated by miR-125b. Eneuro. 2017;4: pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results identify miR-125b as a post-transcriptional regulator of PARP-1 expression and establish a novel mechanism underlying the molecular effects of cocaine action. ..
- Zhang Z, Liu Y, Xiao L, Li S, Jiang J, Zhao Y, et al. Upregulation of miR-125b by estrogen protects against non-alcoholic fatty liver in female mice. J Hepatol. 2015;63:1466-75 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a novel mechanism by which estrogen protects against hepatic steatosis in female mice via upregulating miR-125b expression. ..
- Zhang L, Ge Y, Fuchs E. miR-125b can enhance skin tumor initiation and promote malignant progression by repressing differentiation and prolonging cell survival. Genes Dev. 2014;28:2532-46 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings illuminate miR-125b as an important microRNA regulator that is shared between normal skin progenitors and their early malignant counterparts. ..
- Huang K, Fu J, Zhou W, Li W, Dong S, Yu S, et al. MicroRNA-125b regulates osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells by targeting Cbf? in vitro. Biochimie. 2014;102:47-55 pubmed publisher..It is concluded from the result that miR-125b is a key regulatory factor of osteoblastic differentiation by directly targeting Cbf? and indirectly acting on Runx2 at an early stage osteoblastic differentiation. ..
- Gutierrez O, Berciano M, Lafarga M, Fernandez Luna J. A novel pathway of TEF regulation mediated by microRNA-125b contributes to the control of actin distribution and cell shape in fibroblasts. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17169 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the first evidence of TEF regulation, through a miR-125b-mediated pathway, and describes a novel role of TEF in the maintenance of cell shape in fibroblasts. ..
- El Zaatari M, Tobias A, Grabowska A, Kumari R, Scotting P, Kaye P, et al. De-regulation of the sonic hedgehog pathway in the InsGas mouse model of gastric carcinogenesis. Br J Cancer. 2007;96:1855-61 pubmed
- Schulman B, Esquela Kerscher A, Slack F. Reciprocal expression of lin-41 and the microRNAs let-7 and mir-125 during mouse embryogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:1046-54 pubmed..Our results suggest that mammalian lin-41 is temporally regulated by miRNAs in order to direct key developmental events such as limb formation. ..