Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir125a
Description: microRNA 125a
- Byrne M, Warner C. MicroRNA expression in preimplantation mouse embryos from Ped gene positive compared to Ped gene negative mice. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2008;25:205-14 pubmed publisher..The implication is that miR-125a is likely involved in the regulation of timing of early development in mice. ..
- Wojtowicz E, Lechman E, Hermans K, Schoof E, Wienholds E, Isserlin R, et al. Ectopic miR-125a Expression Induces Long-Term Repopulating Stem Cell Capacity in Mouse and Human Hematopoietic Progenitors. Cell Stem Cell. 2016;19:383-96 pubmed publisher..Our findings offer the innovative potential to use MPPs with enhanced self-renewal activity to augment limited sources of HSCs to improve clinical protocols. ..
- Muddashetty R, Nalavadi V, Gross C, Yao X, Xing L, Laur O, et al. Reversible inhibition of PSD-95 mRNA translation by miR-125a, FMRP phosphorylation, and mGluR signaling. Mol Cell. 2011;42:673-88 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a mechanism whereby FMRP phosphorylation provides a reversible switch for AGO2 and microRNA to selectively regulate mRNA translation at synapses in response to receptor activation. ..
- Melton D, Lei X, Gelfond J, Shireman P. Dynamic macrophage polarization-specific miRNA patterns reveal increased soluble VEGF receptor 1 by miR-125a-5p inhibition. Physiol Genomics. 2016;48:345-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, the divergent expression patterns of polarization-specific miRNAs led to the identification and demonstrated the regulation of a specific macrophage polarization phenotype, sVEGFR1 by inhibition of miR-125a-5p. ..
- Lugli G, Larson J, Demars M, Smalheiser N. Primary microRNA precursor transcripts are localized at post-synaptic densities in adult mouse forebrain. J Neurochem. 2012;123:459-66 pubmed publisher..This study supports the notion that miRNA biogenesis occurs locally near synapses in a regulated fashion. ..
- Guo S, Bai H, Megyola C, Halene S, Krause D, Scadden D, et al. Complex oncogene dependence in microRNA-125a-induced myeloproliferative neoplasms. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:16636-41 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that miR-125a-induced MPN is addicted to its sustained overexpression, and highlight the complex nature of oncogenic miRNA dependence in an early neoplastic state...
- Hancock M, Preitner N, Quan J, Flanagan J. MicroRNA-132 is enriched in developing axons, locally regulates Rasa1 mRNA, and promotes axon extension. J Neurosci. 2014;34:66-78 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings identify miR-132 as a positive regulator of developing axon extension, acting through repression of Rasa1 mRNA, in a mechanism that operates locally within the axon. ..
- Ali A, Abd Razak S, Othman S, Mohammed A, Saeed F. A metamodel for mobile forensics investigation domain. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176223 pubmed publisher..The validation was conducted using two techniques for improvements and adjustments to the metamodel. The last version of the adjusted metamodel was named MFM 1.2. ..
- Pan W, Zhu S, Dai D, Liu Z, Li D, Li B, et al. MiR-125a targets effector programs to stabilize Treg-mediated immune homeostasis. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7096 pubmed publisher..These findings point to miR-125a as a critical factor that controls autoimmune diseases by stabilizing Treg-mediated immune homeostasis. ..
- Huber L, Ulrich S, Leuenberger C, Gassmann M, Vogel J, von Blotzheim L, et al. Featured Article: microRNA-125a in pulmonary hypertension: Regulator of a proliferative phenotype of endothelial cells. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2015;240:1580-9 pubmed publisher..Similar findings were observed in a small cohort of patients with precapillary pulmonary hypertension. These translational data emphasize the pathogenetic role of miR-125a in pulmonary vascular remodeling. ..
- Akerblom M, Petri R, Sachdeva R, Klussendorf T, Mattsson B, Gentner B, et al. microRNA-125 distinguishes developmentally generated and adult-born olfactory bulb interneurons. Development. 2014;141:1580-8 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that absence of an otherwise broadly expressed miRNA is a novel mechanism with which to achieve neuronal subtype specification. ..
- Banerjee S, Cui H, Xie N, Tan Z, Yang S, Icyuz M, et al. miR-125a-5p regulates differential activation of macrophages and inflammation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:35428-36 pubmed publisher..In addition, miR-125a-5p regulates phagocytic and bactericidal activities of macrophages. Our data suggest that miR-125a-5p has an important role in suppressing classical activation of macrophages while promoting alternative activation. ..
- Guo S, Lu J, Schlanger R, Zhang H, Wang J, Fox M, et al. MicroRNA miR-125a controls hematopoietic stem cell number. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:14229-34 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate cell-state-specific regulation by microRNA and identify a unique microRNA functioning to regulate the stem cell pool size. ..
- Jentho E, Bodden M, Schulz C, Jung A, Seidel K, Schmeck B, et al. microRNA-125a-3p is regulated by MyD88 in Legionella pneumophila infection and targets NTAN1. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176204 pubmed publisher..pneumophila infection with regard to MyD88 signaling and identified NTAN1 as a target of miR-125a-3p. This finding unravels a yet unknown feature of Legionella-host cell interaction, potentially relevant for new treatment options. ..
- Qin Y, Wu L, Ouyang Y, Zhou P, Zhou H, Wang Y, et al. MiR-125a Is a critical modulator for neutrophil development. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1007027 pubmed publisher..Here, we identified a microRNA, miR-125a, as a positive regulator of granulopoiesis. MiR125a knockout mice show reduced infiltration of neutrophils in the lung and alleviated tissue destruction after ..
- Wojtowicz E, Walasek M, Broekhuis M, Weersing E, Ritsema M, Ausema A, et al. MicroRNA-125 family members exert a similar role in the regulation of murine hematopoiesis. Exp Hematol. 2014;42:909-18.e1 pubmed publisher..Our results show that all miR-125 family members are similar in function, they likely operate in a seed-sequence-dependent manner, and they induce a highly comparable hematopoietic phenotype. ..
- Kim Y, Kang Y, Lee N, Kim K, Hwang Y, Kim H, et al. Uvrag targeting by Mir125a and Mir351 modulates autophagy associated with Ewsr1 deficiency. Autophagy. 2015;11:796-811 pubmed publisher..EWSR1 deficiency led to the activation of the DROSHA-mediated microprocessor complex and increased the level of Mir125a and Mir351, which directly target Uvrag...
- Li H, Lai P, Jia J, Song Y, Xia Q, Huang K, et al. RNA Helicase DDX5 Inhibits Reprogramming to Pluripotency by miRNA-Based Repression of RYBP and its PRC1-Dependent and -Independent Functions. Cell Stem Cell. 2017;20:462-477.e6 pubmed publisher..Together, these results reveal important functions of DDX5 in regulating reprogramming and highlight the importance of a Ddx5-miR125b-Rybp axis in controlling cell fate. ..
- Zhong X, Li N, Liang S, Huang Q, Coukos G, Zhang L. Identification of microRNAs regulating reprogramming factor LIN28 in embryonic stem cells and cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:41961-71 pubmed publisher..Global down-regulation of these miRNAs may be one of the mechanisms of LIN28 reactivation in human cancers. ..
- Chen K, He H, Xie Y, Zhao L, Zhao S, Wan X, et al. miR-125a-3p and miR-483-5p promote adipogenesis via suppressing the RhoA/ROCK1/ERK1/2 pathway in multiple symmetric lipomatosis. Sci Rep. 2015;5:11909 pubmed publisher..Our findings may provide novel strategies for the management and treatment of MSL or obesity. ..
- Kumar A, Kopra J, Varendi K, Porokuokka L, Panhelainen A, Kuure S, et al. GDNF Overexpression from the Native Locus Reveals its Role in the Nigrostriatal Dopaminergic System Function. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005710 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results suggest that 3'UTR targeting may constitute a useful tool in analyzing gene function. ..
- Soehn A, Pham T, Schaeferhoff K, Floss T, Weisenhorn D, Wurst W, et al. Periphilin is strongly expressed in the murine nervous system and is indispensable for murine development. Genesis. 2009;47:697-707 pubmed publisher..These results point to an indispensable function of periphilin during murine development and an important role in the nervous system, reflected by a strong and tightly regulated expression in the murine brain. ..
- Dai R, Phillips R, Zhang Y, Khan D, Crasta O, Ahmed S. Suppression of LPS-induced Interferon-gamma and nitric oxide in splenic lymphocytes by select estrogen-regulated microRNAs: a novel mechanism of immune modulation. Blood. 2008;112:4591-7 pubmed publisher..Our data are the first to demonstrate the selective regulation of miRNA expression in immune cells by estrogen and are indicative of an important role of miRNAs in estrogen-mediated immune regulation. ..
- Shenoy A, Danial M, Blelloch R. Let-7 and miR-125 cooperate to prime progenitors for astrogliogenesis. EMBO J. 2015;34:1180-94 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insight into the microRNAs and the genes they regulate in this important cell fate transition. ..
- Tatsumi N, Hojo N, Yamada O, Ogawa M, Katsura Y, Kawata S, et al. Deficiency in WT1-targeting microRNA-125a leads to myeloid malignancies and urogenital abnormalities. Oncogene. 2016;35:1003-14 pubmed publisher..These results showed for the first time the post-transcriptional regulatory mechanisms of WT1 by both miR-125a and miR-486 and should contribute to the elucidation of mechanisms of normal hematopoiesis and kidney development. ..
- Zhao J, Huang F, He F, Gao C, Liang S, Ma P, et al. Forced Activation of Notch in Macrophages Represses Tumor Growth by Upregulating miR-125a and Disabling Tumor-Associated Macrophages. Cancer Res. 2016;76:1403-15 pubmed publisher..Targeting this miRNA may reprogram macrophages in the tumor microenvironment and restore their antitumor potential. ..
- Hojo N, Tatsumi N, Moriguchi N, Matsumura A, Morimoto S, Nakata J, et al. A Zbtb7a proto-oncogene as a novel target for miR-125a. Mol Carcinog. 2016;55:2001-2009 pubmed publisher..These results also demonstrated that deregulation of miR-125a-Zbtb7a signaling was associated with the development and progression of lung cancer. Â© 2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Arora A, Guduric Fuchs J, Harwood L, Dellett M, Cogliati T, Simpson D. Prediction of microRNAs affecting mRNA expression during retinal development. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:1 pubmed publisher..Misregulation of these miRNAs might contribute to retinal degeneration and disease. Conversely, manipulation of their expression could potentially be used as a therapeutic tool in the future. ..
- Wahi K, Friesen S, Coppola V, Cole S. Putative binding sites for mir-125 family miRNAs in the mouse Lfng 3'UTR affect transcript expression in the segmentation clock, but mir-125a-5p is dispensable for normal somitogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2017;246:740-748 pubmed publisher..They further suggest the existence of compensatory mechanisms that can rescue the loss of mir-125a-5p in mice. Developmental Dynamics 246:740-748, 2017. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Schulman B, Esquela Kerscher A, Slack F. Reciprocal expression of lin-41 and the microRNAs let-7 and mir-125 during mouse embryogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:1046-54 pubmed..Our results suggest that mammalian lin-41 is temporally regulated by miRNAs in order to direct key developmental events such as limb formation. ..