Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir124a-3
Description: microRNA 124a-3
Alias: Mirn124a-3, mir-124a-3
- Juvvuna P, Khandelia P, Lee L, Makeyev E. Argonaute identity defines the length of mature mammalian microRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:6808-20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that mammalian Argonautes may define the length and possibly biological activity of mature mammalian miRNAs in a developmentally controlled manner. ..
- Manoharan P, Basford J, Pilcher Roberts R, Neumann J, Hui D, Lingrel J. Reduced levels of microRNAs miR-124a and miR-150 are associated with increased proinflammatory mediator expression in KrÃ¼ppel-like factor 2 (KLF2)-deficient macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:31638-46 pubmed publisher..This study documented that the transcription factor KLF2 modulates inflammatory chemokine production via regulation of microRNA expression levels in immune cells. ..
- Qadir A, Woo K, Ryoo H, Baek J. Insulin suppresses distal-less homeobox 5 expression through the up-regulation of microRNA-124 in 3T3-L1 cells. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:2125-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that insulin-induced miR-124 plays a pivotal role in post-transcriptional regulation of Dlx5 during adipogenic differentiation and that miR-124 exerts pro-adipogenic effects by targeting Dlx5, at least in part. ..
- Chi S, Zang J, Mele A, Darnell R. Argonaute HITS-CLIP decodes microRNA-mRNA interaction maps. Nature. 2009;460:479-86 pubmed publisher..Ago HITS-CLIP provides a general platform for exploring the specificity and range of miRNA action in vivo, and identifies precise sequences for targeting clinically relevant miRNA-mRNA interactions. ..
- Real F, Sekido R, Lupiáñez D, Lovell Badge R, Jimenez R, Burgos M. A microRNA (mmu-miR-124) prevents Sox9 expression in developing mouse ovarian cells. Biol Reprod. 2013;89:78 pubmed publisher..The miRNA microarray data reported here will help promote further research in this field, to unravel the role of other miRNAs in the genetic control of mammalian sex determination. ..
- Arora A, Guduric Fuchs J, Harwood L, Dellett M, Cogliati T, Simpson D. Prediction of microRNAs affecting mRNA expression during retinal development. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:1 pubmed publisher..Misregulation of these miRNAs might contribute to retinal degeneration and disease. Conversely, manipulation of their expression could potentially be used as a therapeutic tool in the future. ..
- Soukup G, Fritzsch B, Pierce M, Weston M, Jahan I, McManus M, et al. Residual microRNA expression dictates the extent of inner ear development in conditional Dicer knockout mice. Dev Biol. 2009;328:328-41 pubmed publisher..The correlation of differential and delayed depletion of mature miRNAs with the derailment of inner ear development demonstrates that miRNAs are crucial for inner ear neurosensory development and neurosensory-dependent morphogenesis. ..
- Baroukh N, Ravier M, Loder M, Hill E, Bounacer A, Scharfmann R, et al. MicroRNA-124a regulates Foxa2 expression and intracellular signaling in pancreatic beta-cell lines. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:19575-88 pubmed
- Sasaguri H, Mitani T, Anzai M, Kubodera T, Saito Y, Yamada H, et al. Silencing efficiency differs among tissues and endogenous microRNA pathway is preserved in short hairpin RNA transgenic mice. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:213-8 pubmed publisher..Neither endogenous miRNAs nor their target gene levels were altered, indicating the preservation of endogenous miRNA pathways. We think that the shRNA transgenic mice can be utilized for gene analysis. ..
- El Zaatari M, Tobias A, Grabowska A, Kumari R, Scotting P, Kaye P, et al. De-regulation of the sonic hedgehog pathway in the InsGas mouse model of gastric carcinogenesis. Br J Cancer. 2007;96:1855-61 pubmed
- Xu X, Zong R, Li Z, Biswas M, Fang Z, Nelson D, et al. FXR1P but not FMRP regulates the levels of mammalian brain-specific microRNA-9 and microRNA-124. J Neurosci. 2011;31:13705-9 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal differential roles of FMRP family proteins in controlling the expression levels of brain-specific miRNAs. ..
- Lee Y, Kim H, Park C, Kim Y, Lee H, Kim J, et al. MicroRNA-124 regulates osteoclast differentiation. Bone. 2013;56:383-9 pubmed publisher..These findings not only reveal unprecedented role of miR-124 in osteoclastogenesis but also suggest a novel mode of regulation of NFATc1 in osteoclasts. ..
- Yap K, Xiao Y, Friedman B, Je H, Makeyev E. Polarizing the Neuron through Sustained Co-expression of Alternatively Spliced Isoforms. Cell Rep. 2016;15:1316-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, co-expression of a precise blend of functionally distinct splice isoforms rather than a complete switch from one isoform to another underlies proper structural and functional polarization of neurons. ..
- Lin Q, Ponnusamy R, Widagdo J, Choi J, Ge W, Probst C, et al. MicroRNA-mediated disruption of dendritogenesis during a critical period of development influences cognitive capacity later in life. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:9188-9193 pubmed publisher..Our findings not only revealed important regulation of dendritogenesis and synaptogenesis during early brain development but also demonstrated a tight link between these early developmental events and cognitive functions later in life. ..
- Liu Y, Huang T, Zhao X, Cheng L. MicroRNAs modulate the Wnt signaling pathway through targeting its inhibitors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;408:259-64 pubmed publisher..Our studies therefore suggest that miRNAs might exert their functions, at least in part, by modulating the Wnt signaling pathway through targeting its inhibitors. ..
- Mukhopadhyay P, Brock G, Appana S, Webb C, Greene R, Pisano M. MicroRNA gene expression signatures in the developing neural tube. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2011;91:744-62 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to identify miRNA expression profiles and their potential regulatory networks in the developing mammalian NT. ..
- Liu W, Liu C, Zhu J, Shu P, Yin B, Gong Y, et al. MicroRNA-16 targets amyloid precursor protein to potentially modulate Alzheimer's-associated pathogenesis in SAMP8 mice. Neurobiol Aging. 2012;33:522-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that APP is a target of miR-16 and the abnormally low expression of miR-16 could potentially lead to APP protein accumulation in AD mice. ..
- Mao S, Li H, Sun Q, Zen K, Zhang C, Li L. miR-17 regulates the proliferation and differentiation of the neural precursor cells during mouse corticogenesis. FEBS J. 2014;281:1144-58 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that miR-17 family members play a pivotal role in regulating cell activity during early development of the mouse cortex. ..
- Callis T, Pandya K, Seok H, Tang R, Tatsuguchi M, Huang Z, et al. MicroRNA-208a is a regulator of cardiac hypertrophy and conduction in mice. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2772-86 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies uncover what we believe are novel miRNA-dependent mechanisms that modulate cardiac hypertrophy and electrical conduction. ..
- Fan P, Chen Z, Tian P, Liu W, Jiao Y, Xue Y, et al. miRNA biogenesis enzyme Drosha is required for vascular smooth muscle cell survival. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60888 pubmed publisher..Using bioinformatics approach, the interactions between dysregulated miRNAs and their target genes were analyzed. Our data demonstrated that Drosha is required for VSMC survival by targeting multiple signaling pathways. ..
- Arvanitis D, Jungas T, Behar A, Davy A. Ephrin-B1 reverse signaling controls a posttranscriptional feedback mechanism via miR-124. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:2508-17 pubmed publisher..Lastly, we demonstrated the relevance of this mutual inhibition for neuronal differentiation. Our results suggest that miRNAs could be important effectors of Eph/ephrin signaling to refine domains of expression and to regulate function. ..
- Takada S, Berezikov E, Yamashita Y, Lagos Quintana M, Kloosterman W, Enomoto M, et al. Mouse microRNA profiles determined with a new and sensitive cloning method. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:e115 pubmed..Our data thus indicate that the total number of miRNAs in vertebrates is larger than previously appreciated and that the expression of these molecules is tightly controlled in a tissue- and developmental stage-specific manner. ..
- Symmons O, Uslu V, Tsujimura T, Ruf S, Nassari S, Schwarzer W, et al. Functional and topological characteristics of mammalian regulatory domains. Genome Res. 2014;24:390-400 pubmed publisher..These findings support a model of genomic organization where TADs confine regulatory activities to specific but large regulatory domains, contributing to the establishment of specific gene expression profiles. ..
- Memczak S, Jens M, Elefsinioti A, Torti F, Krueger J, Rybak A, et al. Circular RNAs are a large class of animal RNAs with regulatory potency. Nature. 2013;495:333-8 pubmed publisher..Numerous circRNAs form by head-to-tail splicing of exons, suggesting previously unrecognized regulatory potential of coding sequences. ..
- Hoesel B, Bhujabal Z, Przemeck G, Kurz Drexler A, Weisenhorn D, Angelis M, et al. Combination of in silico and in situ hybridisation approaches to identify potential Dll1 associated miRNAs during mouse embryogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2010;10:265-73 pubmed publisher..5 dpc. This suggests that these miRNAs could possibly target the Dll1 3'UTR in these regions. The other miRNAs are not expressed or below the detection limit and thus are unlikely to regulate Dll1 at the analyzed embryonic stages. ..
- Morel L, Regan M, Higashimori H, Ng S, Esau C, Vidensky S, et al. Neuronal exosomal miRNA-dependent translational regulation of astroglial glutamate transporter GLT1. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:7105-16 pubmed publisher..Together, our study characterized a new neuron-to-astrocyte communication pathway and identified miRNAs that modulate GLT1 protein expression in astrocytes in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Franzoni E, Booker S, Parthasarathy S, Rehfeld F, Grosser S, Srivatsa S, et al. miR-128 regulates neuronal migration, outgrowth and intrinsic excitability via the intellectual disability gene Phf6. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Our results place miR-128 upstream of PHF6 in a pathway vital for cortical lamination as well as for the development of neuronal morphology and intrinsic excitability. ..
- Gu X, Fu C, Lin L, Liu S, Su X, Li A, et al. miR-124 and miR-9 mediated downregulation of HDAC5 promotes neurite development through activating MEF2C-GPM6A pathway. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:673-687 pubmed publisher..Thus, HDAC5 emerges as a cellular conductor of MEF2C and M6a activity and is regulated by miR-124 and miR-9 to control neurite development. ..
- Das S, Stadelmeyer E, Schauer S, Schwarz A, Strohmaier H, Claudel T, et al. Micro RNA-124a regulates lipolysis via adipose triglyceride lipase and comparative gene identification 58. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:8555-68 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that miR-124a may be involved in the regulation of several cellular and organismal metabolic parameters, including lipid storage and plasma FA concentration. ..