Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir124a-1
Description: microRNA 124a-1
Alias: Mirn124a, Mirn124a-1
- Krek A, Grün D, Poy M, Wolf R, Rosenberg L, Epstein E, et al. Combinatorial microRNA target predictions. Nat Genet. 2005;37:495-500 pubmed..In particular, we experimentally validate common regulation of Mtpn by miR-375, miR-124 and let-7b and thus provide evidence for coordinate microRNA control in mammals. ..
- Juvvuna P, Khandelia P, Lee L, Makeyev E. Argonaute identity defines the length of mature mammalian microRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:6808-20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that mammalian Argonautes may define the length and possibly biological activity of mature mammalian miRNAs in a developmentally controlled manner. ..
- Arvanitis D, Jungas T, Behar A, Davy A. Ephrin-B1 reverse signaling controls a posttranscriptional feedback mechanism via miR-124. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:2508-17 pubmed publisher..Lastly, we demonstrated the relevance of this mutual inhibition for neuronal differentiation. Our results suggest that miRNAs could be important effectors of Eph/ephrin signaling to refine domains of expression and to regulate function. ..
- Hoesel B, Bhujabal Z, Przemeck G, Kurz Drexler A, Weisenhorn D, Angelis M, et al. Combination of in silico and in situ hybridisation approaches to identify potential Dll1 associated miRNAs during mouse embryogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2010;10:265-73 pubmed publisher..5 dpc. This suggests that these miRNAs could possibly target the Dll1 3'UTR in these regions. The other miRNAs are not expressed or below the detection limit and thus are unlikely to regulate Dll1 at the analyzed embryonic stages. ..
- Mukhopadhyay P, Brock G, Appana S, Webb C, Greene R, Pisano M. MicroRNA gene expression signatures in the developing neural tube. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2011;91:744-62 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to identify miRNA expression profiles and their potential regulatory networks in the developing mammalian NT. ..
- Song Z, Gomes D, Stevens W. Role of purinergic P2Y1 receptors in regulation of vasopressin and oxytocin secretion. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;297:R478-84 pubmed publisher..The finding that P2Y1R activation induces a small Ca(2+) influx suggests that P2Y1Rs may regulate VP release by modifying ion channels such as stretch-inactivated cation channels. ..
- Bitel C, Perrone Bizzozero N, Frederikse P. HuB/C/D, nPTB, REST4, and miR-124 regulators of neuronal cell identity are also utilized in the lens. Mol Vis. 2010;16:2301-16 pubmed
- Nagata K, Hama I, Kiryu Seo S, Kiyama H. microRNA-124 is down regulated in nerve-injured motor neurons and it potentially targets mRNAs for KLF6 and STAT3. Neuroscience. 2014;256:426-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that injury-induced repression of miR-124 may be implicated in the regulation of expression of several injury-associated transcription factors, which are crucial for appropriate nerve regeneration. ..
- Fan P, Chen Z, Tian P, Liu W, Jiao Y, Xue Y, et al. miRNA biogenesis enzyme Drosha is required for vascular smooth muscle cell survival. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60888 pubmed publisher..Using bioinformatics approach, the interactions between dysregulated miRNAs and their target genes were analyzed. Our data demonstrated that Drosha is required for VSMC survival by targeting multiple signaling pathways. ..
- Morel L, Regan M, Higashimori H, Ng S, Esau C, Vidensky S, et al. Neuronal exosomal miRNA-dependent translational regulation of astroglial glutamate transporter GLT1. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:7105-16 pubmed publisher..Together, our study characterized a new neuron-to-astrocyte communication pathway and identified miRNAs that modulate GLT1 protein expression in astrocytes in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Qadir A, Woo K, Ryoo H, Baek J. Insulin suppresses distal-less homeobox 5 expression through the up-regulation of microRNA-124 in 3T3-L1 cells. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:2125-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that insulin-induced miR-124 plays a pivotal role in post-transcriptional regulation of Dlx5 during adipogenic differentiation and that miR-124 exerts pro-adipogenic effects by targeting Dlx5, at least in part. ..
- Manoharan P, Basford J, Pilcher Roberts R, Neumann J, Hui D, Lingrel J. Reduced levels of microRNAs miR-124a and miR-150 are associated with increased proinflammatory mediator expression in KrÃ¼ppel-like factor 2 (KLF2)-deficient macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:31638-46 pubmed publisher..This study documented that the transcription factor KLF2 modulates inflammatory chemokine production via regulation of microRNA expression levels in immune cells. ..
- Callis T, Pandya K, Seok H, Tang R, Tatsuguchi M, Huang Z, et al. MicroRNA-208a is a regulator of cardiac hypertrophy and conduction in mice. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2772-86 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies uncover what we believe are novel miRNA-dependent mechanisms that modulate cardiac hypertrophy and electrical conduction. ..
- Chi S, Zang J, Mele A, Darnell R. Argonaute HITS-CLIP decodes microRNA-mRNA interaction maps. Nature. 2009;460:479-86 pubmed publisher..Ago HITS-CLIP provides a general platform for exploring the specificity and range of miRNA action in vivo, and identifies precise sequences for targeting clinically relevant miRNA-mRNA interactions. ..
- Soukup G, Fritzsch B, Pierce M, Weston M, Jahan I, McManus M, et al. Residual microRNA expression dictates the extent of inner ear development in conditional Dicer knockout mice. Dev Biol. 2009;328:328-41 pubmed publisher..The correlation of differential and delayed depletion of mature miRNAs with the derailment of inner ear development demonstrates that miRNAs are crucial for inner ear neurosensory development and neurosensory-dependent morphogenesis. ..
- Das S, Stadelmeyer E, Schauer S, Schwarz A, Strohmaier H, Claudel T, et al. Micro RNA-124a regulates lipolysis via adipose triglyceride lipase and comparative gene identification 58. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:8555-68 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that miR-124a may be involved in the regulation of several cellular and organismal metabolic parameters, including lipid storage and plasma FA concentration. ..
- Ma C, Li Y, Zeng J, Wu X, Liu X, Wang Y. Mycobacterium bovis BCG triggered MyD88 induces miR-124 feedback negatively regulates immune response in alveolar epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e92419 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that miR-124 is a potential target for preventive and therapeutic intervention against the pulmonary tuberculosis, an infectious disease caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. ..
- Lee Y, Kim H, Park C, Kim Y, Lee H, Kim J, et al. MicroRNA-124 regulates osteoclast differentiation. Bone. 2013;56:383-9 pubmed publisher..These findings not only reveal unprecedented role of miR-124 in osteoclastogenesis but also suggest a novel mode of regulation of NFATc1 in osteoclasts. ..
- Doeppner T, Doehring M, Bretschneider E, Zechariah A, Kaltwasser B, Muller B, et al. MicroRNA-124 protects against focal cerebral ischemia via mechanisms involving Usp14-dependent REST degradation. Acta Neuropathol. 2013;126:251-65 pubmed publisher..Ectopic miR-124 expression, therefore, appears as an attractive and novel tool in stroke treatment, mediating neuroprotection via a hitherto unknown mechanism that involves Usp14-dependent REST degradation. ..
- Franzoni E, Booker S, Parthasarathy S, Rehfeld F, Grosser S, Srivatsa S, et al. miR-128 regulates neuronal migration, outgrowth and intrinsic excitability via the intellectual disability gene Phf6. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Our results place miR-128 upstream of PHF6 in a pathway vital for cortical lamination as well as for the development of neuronal morphology and intrinsic excitability. ..
- Yap K, Xiao Y, Friedman B, Je H, Makeyev E. Polarizing the Neuron through Sustained Co-expression of Alternatively Spliced Isoforms. Cell Rep. 2016;15:1316-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, co-expression of a precise blend of functionally distinct splice isoforms rather than a complete switch from one isoform to another underlies proper structural and functional polarization of neurons. ..
- Gu X, Fu C, Lin L, Liu S, Su X, Li A, et al. miR-124 and miR-9 mediated downregulation of HDAC5 promotes neurite development through activating MEF2C-GPM6A pathway. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:673-687 pubmed publisher..Thus, HDAC5 emerges as a cellular conductor of MEF2C and M6a activity and is regulated by miR-124 and miR-9 to control neurite development. ..
- Liu Y, Huang T, Zhao X, Cheng L. MicroRNAs modulate the Wnt signaling pathway through targeting its inhibitors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;408:259-64 pubmed publisher..Our studies therefore suggest that miRNAs might exert their functions, at least in part, by modulating the Wnt signaling pathway through targeting its inhibitors. ..
- Memczak S, Jens M, Elefsinioti A, Torti F, Krueger J, Rybak A, et al. Circular RNAs are a large class of animal RNAs with regulatory potency. Nature. 2013;495:333-8 pubmed publisher..Numerous circRNAs form by head-to-tail splicing of exons, suggesting previously unrecognized regulatory potential of coding sequences. ..
- Hamzei Taj S, Kho W, Riou A, Wiedermann D, Hoehn M. MiRNA-124 induces neuroprotection and functional improvement after focal cerebral ischemia. Biomaterials. 2016;91:151-165 pubmed publisher..Thus, our present results demonstrate that miR-124 may serve as a novel therapeutic strategy for neuroprotection and functional recovery upon stroke onset. ..
- Symmons O, Uslu V, Tsujimura T, Ruf S, Nassari S, Schwarzer W, et al. Functional and topological characteristics of mammalian regulatory domains. Genome Res. 2014;24:390-400 pubmed publisher..These findings support a model of genomic organization where TADs confine regulatory activities to specific but large regulatory domains, contributing to the establishment of specific gene expression profiles. ..
- Arora A, Guduric Fuchs J, Harwood L, Dellett M, Cogliati T, Simpson D. Prediction of microRNAs affecting mRNA expression during retinal development. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:1 pubmed publisher..Misregulation of these miRNAs might contribute to retinal degeneration and disease. Conversely, manipulation of their expression could potentially be used as a therapeutic tool in the future. ..
- El Zaatari M, Tobias A, Grabowska A, Kumari R, Scotting P, Kaye P, et al. De-regulation of the sonic hedgehog pathway in the InsGas mouse model of gastric carcinogenesis. Br J Cancer. 2007;96:1855-61 pubmed
- Dong J, Zhu G, Wang T, Shi F. Ginsenoside Rg1 promotes neural differentiation of mouse adipose-derived stem cells via the miRNA-124 signaling pathway. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2017;18:445-448 pubmed publisher..As our previous study showed that microRNA-124 (miRNA-124) plays a positive role in promoting the neural differentiation of ADSC, we wanted to find reagents that can upregulate miRNA-124 expression during neural differentiation. ..
- Takada S, Berezikov E, Yamashita Y, Lagos Quintana M, Kloosterman W, Enomoto M, et al. Mouse microRNA profiles determined with a new and sensitive cloning method. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:e115 pubmed..Our data thus indicate that the total number of miRNAs in vertebrates is larger than previously appreciated and that the expression of these molecules is tightly controlled in a tissue- and developmental stage-specific manner. ..
- Higuchi F, Uchida S, Yamagata H, Abe Higuchi N, Hobara T, Hara K, et al. Hippocampal MicroRNA-124 Enhances Chronic Stress Resilience in Mice. J Neurosci. 2016;36:7253-67 pubmed publisher..Moreover, miR-124 contributes to stress-induced dendritic hypotrophy and reduced spine density of dentate gyrus granule neurons. Modulation of hippocampal miR-124 pathways may have potential antidepressant effects. ..
- Baroukh N, Ravier M, Loder M, Hill E, Bounacer A, Scharfmann R, et al. MicroRNA-124a regulates Foxa2 expression and intracellular signaling in pancreatic beta-cell lines. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:19575-88 pubmed
- Pan Vazquez A, Rye N, Ameri M, McSparron B, Smallwood G, Bickerdyke J, et al. Impact of voluntary exercise and housing conditions on hippocampal glucocorticoid receptor, miR-124 and anxiety. Mol Brain. 2015;8:40 pubmed publisher..However, pair-housing reverses these effects possibly due to stress from dominance disputes between pairs. ..
- Mao S, Li H, Sun Q, Zen K, Zhang C, Li L. miR-17 regulates the proliferation and differentiation of the neural precursor cells during mouse corticogenesis. FEBS J. 2014;281:1144-58 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that miR-17 family members play a pivotal role in regulating cell activity during early development of the mouse cortex. ..
- Lin Q, Ponnusamy R, Widagdo J, Choi J, Ge W, Probst C, et al. MicroRNA-mediated disruption of dendritogenesis during a critical period of development influences cognitive capacity later in life. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:9188-9193 pubmed publisher..Our findings not only revealed important regulation of dendritogenesis and synaptogenesis during early brain development but also demonstrated a tight link between these early developmental events and cognitive functions later in life. ..
- Real F, Sekido R, Lupiáñez D, Lovell Badge R, Jimenez R, Burgos M. A microRNA (mmu-miR-124) prevents Sox9 expression in developing mouse ovarian cells. Biol Reprod. 2013;89:78 pubmed publisher..The miRNA microarray data reported here will help promote further research in this field, to unravel the role of other miRNAs in the genetic control of mammalian sex determination. ..
- Tang L, Yin Y, Liu J, Li Z, Lu X. MiR-124 Attenuates Osteoclastogenic Differentiation of Bone Marrow Monocytes Via Targeting Rab27a. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:1663-1672 pubmed publisher..Previous evidence has shown that miR-124 has important effects on the occurrence and development of osteoporosis. However, the role of miR-124 in the process of osteoclastogenesis is still obscure...
- Sasaguri H, Mitani T, Anzai M, Kubodera T, Saito Y, Yamada H, et al. Silencing efficiency differs among tissues and endogenous microRNA pathway is preserved in short hairpin RNA transgenic mice. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:213-8 pubmed publisher..Neither endogenous miRNAs nor their target gene levels were altered, indicating the preservation of endogenous miRNA pathways. We think that the shRNA transgenic mice can be utilized for gene analysis. ..
- Liu W, Liu C, Zhu J, Shu P, Yin B, Gong Y, et al. MicroRNA-16 targets amyloid precursor protein to potentially modulate Alzheimer's-associated pathogenesis in SAMP8 mice. Neurobiol Aging. 2012;33:522-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that APP is a target of miR-16 and the abnormally low expression of miR-16 could potentially lead to APP protein accumulation in AD mice. ..
- Xu X, Zong R, Li Z, Biswas M, Fang Z, Nelson D, et al. FXR1P but not FMRP regulates the levels of mammalian brain-specific microRNA-9 and microRNA-124. J Neurosci. 2011;31:13705-9 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal differential roles of FMRP family proteins in controlling the expression levels of brain-specific miRNAs. ..