Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir10a
Description: microRNA 10a
Alias: Mirn10a, miR-10a, mmu-mir-10a
- Cao H, Jheon A, Li X, Sun Z, Wang J, Florez S, et al. The Pitx2:miR-200c/141:noggin pathway regulates Bmp signaling and ameloblast differentiation. Development. 2013;140:3348-59 pubmed publisher..Our in vivo and in vitro studies reveal a multistep transcriptional program involving the Pitx2:miR-200c/141:noggin regulatory pathway that is important in epithelial cell differentiation and tooth development. ..
- Shan Q, Zheng G, Zhu A, Cao L, Lu J, Wu D, et al. Epigenetic modification of miR-10a regulates renal damage by targeting CREB1 in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2016;306:134-43 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results elucidate that HDAC3/miR-10a/CREB1 serves as a new mechanism underlying kidney injury, providing potential therapeutic targets in type 2 diabetes. ..
- Wang N, Zhou Y, Jiang L, Li D, Yang J, Zhang C, et al. Urinary microRNA-10a and microRNA-30d serve as novel, sensitive and specific biomarkers for kidney injury. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51140 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study collectively demonstrates that urinary miR-10a and miR-30d represent a novel noninvasive, sensitive, specific and potentially high-throughput method for detecting renal injury. ..
- Chu J, Sims Lucas S, Bushnell D, Bodnar A, Kreidberg J, Ho J. Dicer function is required in the metanephric mesenchyme for early kidney development. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2014;306:F764-72 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrate a previously undetermined requirement for miRNAs during early kidney organogenesis and indicate a crucial role for miRNAs in regulating the survival of this lineage. ..
- Huang H, Xie C, Sun X, Ritchie R, Zhang J, Chen Y. miR-10a contributes to retinoid acid-induced smooth muscle cell differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9383-9 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that miR-10a may play important roles in vascular biology and have implications for the diagnosis and treatment of vascular diseases. ..
- Medrano S, Monteagudo M, Sequeira Lopez M, Pentz E, Gomez R. Two microRNAs, miR-330 and miR-125b-5p, mark the juxtaglomerular cell and balance its smooth muscle phenotype. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2012;302:F29-37 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that miR-330 and miR-125b-5p are markers of JG cells and have opposite effects on renin lineage cells: one inhibiting and the other favoring their smooth muscle phenotype. ..