Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir101a
Description: microRNA 101a
Alias: Mirn101, Mirn101a, miR-101
- Chakrabarty A, Tranguch S, Daikoku T, Jensen K, Furneaux H, Dey S. MicroRNA regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 during embryo implantation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:15144-9 pubmed..Thus, elucidating the physiological roles of uterine miRNAs will help us better understand the genetic control of implantation, the gateway to a successful pregnancy. ..
- Hassan F, Nuovo G, Crawford M, Boyaka P, Kirkby S, Nana Sinkam S, et al. MiR-101 and miR-144 regulate the expression of the CFTR chloride channel in the lung. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50837 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that chronic cigarette smoking up-regulates miR-101 and that this miRNA could contribute to suppression of CFTR in the lungs of COPD patients. ..
- Yoshioka W, Higashiyama W, Tohyama C. Involvement of microRNAs in dioxin-induced liver damage in the mouse. Toxicol Sci. 2011;122:457-65 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study demonstrated that TCDD dysregulates the expression of miR101a and miR122 and that COX-2, a target gene of miR101a, plays a significant role in liver damage in mice exposed to ..
- Liu W, Liu C, Zhu J, Shu P, Yin B, Gong Y, et al. MicroRNA-16 targets amyloid precursor protein to potentially modulate Alzheimer's-associated pathogenesis in SAMP8 mice. Neurobiol Aging. 2012;33:522-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that APP is a target of miR-16 and the abnormally low expression of miR-16 could potentially lead to APP protein accumulation in AD mice. ..
- Merkel O, Hamacher F, Laimer D, Sifft E, Trajanoski Z, Scheideler M, et al. Identification of differential and functionally active miRNAs in both anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK)+ and ALK- anaplastic large-cell lymphoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:16228-33 pubmed publisher..In addition to future therapeutical and diagnostic applications, it will be of interest to study the physiological implications and prognostic value of the identified miRNA profiles. ..
- Lippi G, Fernandes C, Ewell L, John D, Romoli B, Curia G, et al. MicroRNA-101 Regulates Multiple Developmental Programs to Constrain Excitation in Adult Neural Networks. Neuron. 2016;92:1337-1351 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new mechanistic insight into brain development and suggest novel candidates for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Tanaka T, Haneda S, Imakawa K, Sakai S, Nagaoka K. A microRNA, miR-101a, controls mammary gland development by regulating cyclooxygenase-2 expression. Differentiation. 2009;77:181-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that miR-101a regulates cell proliferation via altering Cox-2 expression, which is critical for controlling mammary gland development. ..
- Daikoku T, Hirota Y, Tranguch S, Joshi A, DeMayo F, Lydon J, et al. Conditional loss of uterine Pten unfailingly and rapidly induces endometrial cancer in mice. Cancer Res. 2008;68:5619-27 pubmed publisher..These mouse models have the added advantage because they mimic several features of human EMC. ..