Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mfng
Description: MFNG O-fucosylpeptide 3-beta-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase
Alias: AW546563, beta-1,3-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase manic fringe, O-fucosylpeptide 3-beta-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase, manic fringe homolog
- Jinek M, Chen Y, Clausen H, Cohen S, Conti E. Structural insights into the Notch-modifying glycosyltransferase Fringe. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2006;13:945-6 pubmed..Mutations of several invariant residues in this pocket impair Fringe activity in vivo. ..
- Hou X, Tashima Y, Stanley P. Galactose differentially modulates lunatic and manic fringe effects on Delta1-induced NOTCH signaling. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:474-83 pubmed publisher..LFNG (Lunatic Fringe) and MFNG (Manic Fringe) transfer N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc) to O-fucose attached to EGF-like repeats of NOTCH receptors...
- Ren K, Yuan J, Yang M, Gao X, Ding X, Zhou J, et al. KCTD10 is involved in the cardiovascular system and Notch signaling during early embryonic development. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e112275 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that KCTD10 plays crucial roles in embryonic angiogenesis and heart development in mammalians by negatively regulating the Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Zhang F, Tanasa B, Merkurjev D, Lin C, Song X, Li W, et al. Enhancer-bound LDB1 regulates a corticotrope promoter-pausing repression program. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:1380-5 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that LDB1-dependent looping events can deliver repressive cargo to cognate promoters to mediate promoter pausing events in a pituitary cell type. ..
- Song Y, Kumar V, Wei H, Qiu J, Stanley P. Lunatic, Manic, and Radical Fringe Each Promote T and B Cell Development. J Immunol. 2016;196:232-43 pubmed publisherLunatic, Manic, and Radical Fringe (LFNG, MFNG, and RFNG) are N-acetylglucosaminyltransferases that modify Notch receptors and regulate Notch signaling...
- Jinek M, Conti E. Eukaryotic expression, purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of murine Manic Fringe. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2006;62:774-7 pubmed..8 angstroms resolution. For phasing, a highly redundant data set was collected using a crystal soaked with halide salts. ..
- Grishina I, Kim S, Ferrara C, Makarenkova H, Walden P. BMP7 inhibits branching morphogenesis in the prostate gland and interferes with Notch signaling. Dev Biol. 2005;288:334-47 pubmed..Based on our studies, we propose a model that BMP7 inhibits branching morphogenesis in the prostate and limits the number of domains with high Notch1/Hes1 activity. ..
- Rampal R, Li A, Moloney D, Georgiou S, Luther K, Nita Lazar A, et al. Lunatic fringe, manic fringe, and radical fringe recognize similar specificity determinants in O-fucosylated epidermal growth factor-like repeats. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:42454-63 pubmed..These amino acids provide an initial step toward defining sequences that will allow us to predict which O-fucosylated EGF repeats are modified by the Fringes. ..
- Leimeister C, Schumacher N, Gessler M. Expression of Notch pathway genes in the embryonic mouse metanephros suggests a role in proximal tubule development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2003;3:595-8 pubmed..ligands (Dll1, 3, 4, Jag1 and Jag2), intracellular effectors (the Hey genes) and extracellular modulators (Lfng, Mfng, Rfng) in the developing mouse metanephros...
- Schröder N, Gossler A. Expression of Notch pathway components in fetal and adult mouse small intestine. Gene Expr Patterns. 2002;2:247-50 pubmed..the ligands (delta1, 3, 4 and Jagged1, 2), the modifying glycosyltransferases of the fringe family (Lfng, Mfng, Rfng) and four Hes genes (Hes1, 5, 6, 7) in the mouse small intestine during fetal (E13.5 and E18...
- MacGrogan D, D Amato G, Travisano S, Martínez Poveda B, Luxan G, del Monte Nieto G, et al. Sequential Ligand-Dependent Notch Signaling Activation Regulates Valve Primordium Formation and Morphogenesis. Circ Res. 2016;118:1480-97 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify a mechanism of signaling cross talk during valve morphogenesis involved in the origin of congenital heart defects associated with reduced NOTCH function. ..
- Zhang S, Chung W, Wu G, Egan S, Miele L, Xu K. Manic fringe promotes a claudin-low breast cancer phenotype through notch-mediated PIK3CG induction. Cancer Res. 2015;75:1936-43 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that Manic Fringe (Mfng), which encodes an O-fucosylpeptide 3-Î²-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase known to modify EGF repeats in the Notch ..
- Ha T, Swanson D, Larouche M, Glenn R, Weeden D, Zhang P, et al. CbGRiTS: cerebellar gene regulation in time and space. Dev Biol. 2015;397:18-30 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate the use of CbGRiTS dataset as a community resource to explore patterns of gene expression and develop hypotheses concerning gene regulatory networks in brain development. ..
- Schwarting G, Gridley T, Henion T. Notch1 expression and ligand interactions in progenitor cells of the mouse olfactory epithelium. J Mol Histol. 2007;38:543-53 pubmed..Taken together, these results further support a role for Notch signaling in the regulation of olfactory neurogenesis and cell diversity. ..
- Liu Z, Chen S, Boyle S, Zhu Y, Zhang A, Piwnica Worms D, et al. The extracellular domain of Notch2 increases its cell-surface abundance and ligand responsiveness during kidney development. Dev Cell. 2013;25:585-98 pubmed publisher..This context-specific asymmetry in NICD release efficiency is further enhanced by Fringe. Our results indicate that an elevated N1 surface level could compensate for the loss of N2 signal in specific cell contexts. ..
- Moran J, Shifley E, Levorse J, Mani S, Ostmann K, Perez Balaguer A, et al. Manic fringe is not required for embryonic development, and fringe family members do not exhibit redundant functions in the axial skeleton, limb, or hindbrain. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1803-12 pubmed publisher..regarding the developmental functions of the other vertebrate fringe genes, Radical fringe (Rfng) and Manic fringe (Mfng). Here we report that Mfng expression is not required for embryonic development...
- Ryan M, Bales C, Nelson A, Gonzalez D, Underkoffler L, Segalov M, et al. Bile duct proliferation in Jag1/fringe heterozygous mice identifies candidate modifiers of the Alagille syndrome hepatic phenotype. Hepatology. 2008;48:1989-97 pubmed publisher..for both Jag1 and one of three paralogous Fringe genes: Lunatic (Lfng), Radical (Rfng), and Manic (Mfng)...
- Gohlke J, Armant O, Parham F, Smith M, Zimmer C, Castro D, et al. Characterization of the proneural gene regulatory network during mouse telencephalon development. BMC Biol. 2008;6:15 pubmed publisher..Together, these data shed light on the molecular pathways regulated by proneural genes and demonstrate that the integration of experimentation with bioinformatics can guide both hypothesis testing and hypothesis generation. ..
- Xu Y, Wang S, Zhang J, Zhao A, Stanger B, Gu G. The fringe molecules induce endocrine differentiation in embryonic endoderm by activating cMyt1/cMyt3. Dev Biol. 2006;297:340-9 pubmed..We report that an established Notch modifier, Manic Fringe (Mfng), is expressed in the putative endocrine progenitors, but not in exocrine pancreatic tissues, during early islet ..
- Thelu J, Viallet J, Dhouailly D. Differential expression pattern of the three Fringe genes is associated with epidermal differentiation. J Invest Dermatol. 1998;111:903-6 pubmed..Therefore, Manic, Lunatic, and Radical Fringe by modulating the Notch pathway may play a key role in defining the different steps of keratinocyte differentiation. ..
- Cohen B, Bashirullah A, Dagnino L, Campbell C, Fisher W, Leow C, et al. Fringe boundaries coincide with Notch-dependent patterning centres in mammals and alter Notch-dependent development in Drosophila. Nat Genet. 1997;16:283-8 pubmed..Ectopic expression of murine manic fringe or radical fringe in Drosophila results in phenotypes that resemble those seen in Notch mutants. ..
- Johnston S, Rauskolb C, Wilson R, Prabhakaran B, Irvine K, Vogt T. A family of mammalian Fringe genes implicated in boundary determination and the Notch pathway. Development. 1997;124:2245-54 pubmed..When misexpressed in the developing Drosophila wing imaginal disc the mouse Fringe genes exhibit conserved and differential effects on boundary determination. ..
- Basch M, Brown R, Jen H, Semerci F, Depreux F, Edlund R, et al. Fine-tuning of Notch signaling sets the boundary of the organ of Corti and establishes sensory cell fates. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..We show that two Notch modifiers, Lfng and Mfng, are transiently expressed precisely at the neural boundary of the organ of Corti...