Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Meox2
Description: mesenchyme homeobox 2
Alias: AI528662, Gax, Mox-2, Mox2, homeobox protein MOX-2
- Iwawaki T, Akai R, Yamanaka S, Kohno K. Function of IRE1 alpha in the placenta is essential for placental development and embryonic viability. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:16657-62 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that IRE1alpha plays an essential function in extraembryonic tissues and highlight the relationship of physiological ER stress and angiogenesis in the placenta during pregnancy in mammals. ..
- Wu Z, Guo H, Chow N, Sallstrom J, Bell R, Deane R, et al. Role of the MEOX2 homeobox gene in neurovascular dysfunction in Alzheimer disease. Nat Med. 2005;11:959-65 pubmed..whose expression is age-independent but is considerably altered in Alzheimer disease, including the homeobox gene MEOX2 (also known as GAX), a regulator of vascular differentiation, whose expression is low in Alzheimer disease...
- Piontek K, Huso D, Grinberg A, Liu L, Bedja D, Zhao H, et al. A functional floxed allele of Pkd1 that can be conditionally inactivated in vivo. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004;15:3035-43 pubmed..This new line of mice will be invaluable in the study of Pkd1 biology and serve as a powerful new tool that can be used to study the pathogenesis of autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. ..
- Huang X, Andreu Vieyra C, York J, Hatcher R, Lu T, Matzuk M, et al. Inhibitory phosphorylation of separase is essential for genome stability and viability of murine embryonic germ cells. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e15 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that inhibitory phosphorylation of separase plays a critical role in the maintenance of sister chromatid cohesion and genome stability in proliferating postmigratory primordial germ cells. ..
- Essalmani R, Zaid A, Marcinkiewicz J, Chamberland A, Pasquato A, Seidah N, et al. In vivo functions of the proprotein convertase PC5/6 during mouse development: Gdf11 is a likely substrate. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:5750-5 pubmed publisher..This work identifies Gdf11 as a likely in vivo specific substrate of PC5/6 and opens the way to the identification of other key substrates of this convertase. ..
- Mankoo B, Collins N, Ashby P, Grigorieva E, Pevny L, Candia A, et al. Mox2 is a component of the genetic hierarchy controlling limb muscle development. Nature. 1999;400:69-73 pubmed..Mox1 and Mox2 are closely related homeobox genes that are expressed in overlapping patterns in the paraxial mesoderm and its ..
- Davis S, Miura S, Hill C, Mishina Y, Klingensmith J. BMP receptor IA is required in the mammalian embryo for endodermal morphogenesis and ectodermal patterning. Dev Biol. 2004;270:47-63 pubmed..Our results reveal critical roles for BMP signaling in endodermal morphogenesis and ectodermal patterning. ..
- Lu C, Robertson E. Multiple roles for Nodal in the epiblast of the mouse embryo in the establishment of anterior-posterior patterning. Dev Biol. 2004;273:149-59 pubmed..By contrast, mosaic inactivation of Nodal in the epiblast using the Mox2-Cre (MORE) deleter strain affects formation of the anterior mesendoderm and subsequent anterior neurectoderm ..
- Delgado I, Dominguez Frutos E, Schimmang T, Ros M. The incomplete inactivation of Fgf8 in the limb ectoderm affects the morphogenesis of the anterior autopod through BMP-mediated cell death. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:649-58 pubmed publisher..These limbs also exhibit an abnormal area of cell death at the anterior forelimb autopod, overlapping with an ectopic domain of Bmp7 expression, which can explain the abnormal morphogenesis of the anterior autopod. ..
- Skopicki H, Lyons G, Schatteman G, Smith R, Andres V, Schirm S, et al. Embryonic expression of the Gax homeodomain protein in cardiac, smooth, and skeletal muscle. Circ Res. 1997;80:452-62 pubmedb>Gax is a homeobox-containing gene that has been detected in adult cardiovascular tissues and exhibits a growth arrest-specific pattern of expression in cultured vascular myocytes...
- Vaz M, Reddy N, Rajasekaran S, Reddy S. Genetic disruption of Fra-1 decreases susceptibility to endotoxin-induced acute lung injury and mortality in mice. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2012;46:55-62 pubmed publisher..e., inhibiting) this transcription factor may be a useful approach to dampening the adverse effects of exposure to endotoxins. ..
- Eferl R, Hoebertz A, Schilling A, Rath M, Karreth F, Kenner L, et al. The Fos-related antigen Fra-1 is an activator of bone matrix formation. EMBO J. 2004;23:2789-99 pubmed..These results uncover a novel function of Fra-1 in regulating bone mass through bone matrix production by osteoblasts and chondrocytes. ..
- Jin J, Ding J. Analysis of Meox-2 mutant mice reveals a novel postfusion-based cleft palate. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:539-46 pubmed..This article is the first report of a gene required to maintain adherence of the palatal shelves after fusion. ..
- Kenner L, Hoebertz A, Beil F, Beil T, Keon N, Karreth F, et al. Mice lacking JunB are osteopenic due to cell-autonomous osteoblast and osteoclast defects. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:613-23 pubmed..Thus, these data reveal a novel function of JunB as a positive regulator controlling primarily osteoblast as well as osteoclast activity. ..
- Galabova Kovacs G, Matzen D, Piazzolla D, Meissl K, Plyushch T, Chen A, et al. Essential role of B-Raf in ERK activation during extraembryonic development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:1325-30 pubmed..The data demonstrate that B-Raf plays a nonredundant role in ERK activation during extraembyronic mammalian development in vivo. ..
- Takada Y, Gresh L, Bozec A, Ikeda E, Kamiya K, Watanabe M, et al. Interstitial lung disease induced by gefitinib and toll-like receptor ligands is mediated by Fra-1. Oncogene. 2011;30:3821-32 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Fra-1 is an important mediator of interstitial lung disease following gefitinib treatment. ..
- Hayashi S, Lewis P, Pevny L, McMahon A. Efficient gene modulation in mouse epiblast using a Sox2Cre transgenic mouse strain. Mech Dev. 2002;119 Suppl 1:S97-S101 pubmed
- Li Q, Ding J. Gene expression analysis reveals that formation of the mouse anterior secondary palate involves recruitment of cells from the posterior side. Int J Dev Biol. 2007;51:167-72 pubmed..5. This regression is likely caused by the repression of Meox-2 expression in certain Meox2 expressing cells, rather than the cessation of cell proliferation...
- Shim M, Foley J, Anna C, Mishina Y, Eling T. Embryonic expression of cyclooxygenase-2 causes malformations in axial skeleton. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16206-17 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the aberrant COX-2 signaling during embryonic development is teratogenic and suggest a possible association of COX-2 with fetal malformations of unknown etiology. ..
- Hosoda A, Tokuda M, Akai R, Kohno K, Iwawaki T. Positive contribution of ERdj5/JPDI to endoplasmic reticulum protein quality control in the salivary gland. Biochem J. 2009;425:117-25 pubmed publisher..This effect was dependent on the thioredoxin-like motifs of ERdj5. Thus we suggest that ERdj5 contributes to ER protein quality control in the salivary gland. ..
- Berman S, Yuan T, Miller E, Lee E, Caron A, Lees J. The retinoblastoma protein tumor suppressor is important for appropriate osteoblast differentiation and bone development. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:1440-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that pRb plays a key role in regulating osteoblast differentiation by mediating the inhibition of E2F and consequently promoting cell cycle exit. ..
- Grote D, Souabni A, Busslinger M, Bouchard M. Pax 2/8-regulated Gata 3 expression is necessary for morphogenesis and guidance of the nephric duct in the developing kidney. Development. 2006;133:53-61 pubmed..Together, these results define Gata3 as a key regulator of nephric duct morphogenesis and guidance in the pro/mesonephric kidney. ..
- Duan S, Ivashchenko C, Whitesall S, D Alecy L, Duquaine D, Brosius F, et al. Hypotension, lipodystrophy, and insulin resistance in generalized PPARgamma-deficient mice rescued from embryonic lethality. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:812-22 pubmedWe rescued the embryonic lethality of global PPARgamma knockout by breeding Mox2-Cre (MORE) mice with floxed PPARgamma mice to inactivate PPARgamma in the embryo but not in trophoblasts and created a generalized PPARgamma knockout mouse ..
- Murray S, Carver E, Gridley T. Generation of a Snail1 (Snai1) conditional null allele. Genesis. 2006;44:7-11 pubmed..This conditional null allele will enable investigation of Snai1 function in a variety of developmental and pathological contexts. ..
- Morris S, Tallquist M, Rock C, Cooper J. Dual roles for the Dab2 adaptor protein in embryonic development and kidney transport. EMBO J. 2002;21:1555-64 pubmed..This evidence indicates that Dab2 is pleiotropic and regulates both visceral endoderm function and lipoprotein receptor trafficking in vivo. ..
- Flaherty J, Spruce C, Fairfield H, Bergstrom D. Generation of a conditional null allele of NADPH oxidase activator 1 (NOXA1). Genesis. 2010;48:568-75 pubmed publisher..Moreover, by crossing Noxa1 conditional allele carriers to B6.129S4-Meox2(tm1(Cre)Sor)/J mice, we have generated first, Noxa1-null heterozygotes, and ultimately, Noxa1-null homozygotes...
- Yao J, de la Iglesia H, Bajjalieh S. Loss of the SV2-like protein SVOP produces no apparent deficits in laboratory mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68215 pubmed publisher..These findings support the interpretation that SVOP performs a unique, though subtle, function that is not necessary for survival under normal conditions...
- Kobayashi A, Stewart C, Wang Y, Fujioka K, Thomas N, Jamin S, et al. ?-Catenin is essential for Müllerian duct regression during male sexual differentiation. Development. 2011;138:1967-75 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ?-catenin mediates AMH signaling for Müllerian duct regression during male sexual differentiation. ..
- Zhang J, Lee E, Liu Y, Berman S, Lodish H, Lees J. pRB and E2F4 play distinct cell-intrinsic roles in fetal erythropoiesis. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:371-6 pubmed..We further found that fetal liver macrophage development is largely normal regardless of genotype. Taken together, our results show that E2F4 and pRB play independent cell-intrinsic roles in fetal erythropoiesis. ..
- Takada Y, Ray N, Ikeda E, Kawaguchi T, Kuwahara M, Wagner E, et al. Fos proteins suppress dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis through inhibition of NF-kappaB. J Immunol. 2010;184:1014-21 pubmed publisher..In this paper, we propose that AP-1 transcription factors containing c-Fos or Fra-1 are negative regulators of NF-kappaB-mediated stress responses. ..
- Moriguchi T, Takako N, Hamada M, Maeda A, Fujioka Y, Kuroha T, et al. Gata3 participates in a complex transcriptional feedback network to regulate sympathoadrenal differentiation. Development. 2006;133:3871-81 pubmed
- Brinkmeier M, Davis S, Carninci P, MacDonald J, Kawai J, Ghosh D, et al. Discovery of transcriptional regulators and signaling pathways in the developing pituitary gland by bioinformatic and genomic approaches. Genomics. 2009;93:449-60 pubmed publisher..These genes are exciting candidates for regulators of pituitary development and function. ..
- Xiang Y, Park S, Garrard W. V? gene repertoire and locus contraction are specified by critical DNase I hypersensitive sites within the V?-J? intervening region. J Immunol. 2013;190:1819-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, our studies demonstrate that DNase I hypersensitive sites HS1-2 within the V?-J? intervening region are essential for controlling locus contraction and creating a diverse Ab repertoire. ..
- Harris S, Macdougall M, Horn D, Woodruff K, Zimmer S, Rebel V, et al. Meox2Cre-mediated disruption of CSF-1 leads to osteopetrosis and osteocyte defects. Bone. 2012;50:42-53 pubmed publisher..Moreover, results point to a novel link between CSF-1 and osteocyte survival/function that is essential for maintaining bone mass and strength during skeletal development. ..
- Shibata M, GARCIA GARCIA M. The mouse KRAB zinc-finger protein CHATO is required in embryonic-derived tissues to control yolk sac and placenta morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2011;349:331-41 pubmed publisher..Our results support previously undescribed roles of the extraembryonic mesoderm in yolk sac morphogenesis and in the closure of the ectoplacental cavity and identify a novel role of ZFP568 in the development of extraembryonic tissues...
- Chen H, Vermulst M, Wang Y, Chomyn A, Prolla T, McCaffery J, et al. Mitochondrial fusion is required for mtDNA stability in skeletal muscle and tolerance of mtDNA mutations. Cell. 2010;141:280-9 pubmed publisher..With its dual function in safeguarding mtDNA integrity and preserving mtDNA function in the face of mutations, mitochondrial fusion is likely to be a protective factor in human disorders associated with mtDNA mutations. ..
- Tanaka S, Yamaguchi Y, Steiner K, Nakano T, Nishinakamura R, Kwan K, et al. Loss of Lhx1 activity impacts on the localization of primordial germ cells in the mouse. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2851-9 pubmed publisher..Lhx1 therefore may influence the localization of PGCs by modulating Ifitm1-mediated repulsive activity. ..
- Zweifel L, Argilli E, Bonci A, Palmiter R. Role of NMDA receptors in dopamine neurons for plasticity and addictive behaviors. Neuron. 2008;59:486-96 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence for a role of NMDAR signaling in DA neurons for specific behavioral modifications associated with drug seeking behaviors. ..
- Vilagos B, Hoffmann M, Souabni A, Sun Q, Werner B, Medvedovic J, et al. Essential role of EBF1 in the generation and function of distinct mature B cell types. J Exp Med. 2012;209:775-92 pubmed publisher..These gain- and loss-of-function analyses uncovered novel important functions of EBF1 in controlling B cell immunity. ..
- Yan K, Rousseau J, Littlejohn R, Kiss C, Lehman A, Rosenfeld J, et al. Mutations in the Chromatin Regulator Gene BRPF1 Cause Syndromic Intellectual Disability and Deficient Histone Acetylation. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:91-104 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that aberrations in the chromatin regulator gene BRPF1 cause histone H3 acetylation deficiency and a previously unrecognized intellectual disability syndrome. ..
- Shaw A, Meissner A, Dowdle J, Crowley D, Magendantz M, Ouyang C, et al. Sprouty-2 regulates oncogenic K-ras in lung development and tumorigenesis. Genes Dev. 2007;21:694-707 pubmed..These findings indicate that in the lung, Sprouty-2 plays a critical role in the regulation of oncogenic K-ras, and implicate counter-regulatory mechanisms in the pathogenesis of Ras-based disease. ..
- Coutte L, Monte D, Imai K, Pouilly L, Dewitte F, Vidaud M, et al. Characterization of the human and mouse ETV1/ER81 transcription factor genes: role of the two alternatively spliced isoforms in the human. Oncogene. 1999;18:6278-86 pubmed..Altogether, these data open a new avenue of investigation leading to a better understanding of the functional role of this transcription factor. ..
- Wang X, Li Y, Zhang X, Goodrich D. An allelic series for studying the mouse Thoc1 gene. Genesis. 2007;45:32-7 pubmed..The dwarf phenotype can be detected in mid-gestation embryos, suggesting that Thoc1 is also required later in embryonic and postnatal development. ..
- Nagai J, Christensen E, Morris S, Willnow T, Cooper J, Nielsen R. Mutually dependent localization of megalin and Dab2 in the renal proximal tubule. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;289:F569-76 pubmed..Furthermore, the study suggests that the urinary loss of megalin ligands observed in Dab2 knockout mice is caused by suboptimal trafficking of megalin, leading to decreased megalin levels. ..
- Bradley C, Norton C, Chen Y, Han X, Booth C, Yoon J, et al. The snail family gene snai3 is not essential for embryogenesis in mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65344 pubmed publisher..Snai3 null mutant homozygous mice are viable and fertile, and exhibit no obvious phenotypic defects. These results demonstrate that Snai3 gene function is not essential for embryogenesis in mice. ..
- Hu H, Matter M, Issa Jahns L, Jijiwa M, Kraemer N, Musante L, et al. Mutations in PTRH2 cause novel infantile-onset multisystem disease with intellectual disability, microcephaly, progressive ataxia, and muscle weakness. Ann Clin Transl Neurol. 2014;1:1024-35 pubmed publisher..Mutations in PTRH2 should be considered in patients with undiagnosed multisystem neurologic, endocrine, and pancreatic disease. ..
- Hui L, Bakiri L, Mairhorfer A, Schweifer N, Haslinger C, Kenner L, et al. p38alpha suppresses normal and cancer cell proliferation by antagonizing the JNK-c-Jun pathway. Nat Genet. 2007;39:741-9 pubmed..These results demonstrate a new mechanism whereby p38alpha negatively regulates cell proliferation by antagonizing the JNK-c-Jun pathway in multiple cell types and in liver cancer development. ..
- Iwawaki T, Akai R, Kohno K. IRE1? disruption causes histological abnormality of exocrine tissues, increase of blood glucose level, and decrease of serum immunoglobulin level. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13052 pubmed publisher..Comparison of this report with previous reports regarding XBP1 conditional knockout mice might provide some clues for the discovery of the novel functions of IRE1? and XBP1. ..
- Zelarayan L, Vendrell V, Alvarez Y, Dominguez Frutos E, Theil T, Alonso M, et al. Differential requirements for FGF3, FGF8 and FGF10 during inner ear development. Dev Biol. 2007;308:379-91 pubmed..Together these results provide important insights into how the spatial and temporal expression of various FGFs controls different steps of inner ear formation during vertebrate development. ..
- Kirilenko P, He G, Mankoo B, Mallo M, Jones R, Bobola N. Transient activation of meox1 is an early component of the gene regulatory network downstream of hoxa2. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:1301-8 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, in the absence of Meox1 and its close homolog Meox2, the second branchial arch develops abnormally and two of the three skeletal elements patterned by Hoxa2 are ..
- Valcourt U, Thuault S, Pardali K, Heldin C, Moustakas A. Functional role of Meox2 during the epithelial cytostatic response to TGF-beta. Mol Oncol. 2007;1:55-71 pubmed publisher..We have identified a new target gene of the TGF-beta/Smad pathway, Meox2, encoding the homeodomain transcription factor that is known to regulate endothelial cell proliferation and muscle ..
- Kim Y, Phan D, van Rooij E, Wang D, McAnally J, Qi X, et al. The MEF2D transcription factor mediates stress-dependent cardiac remodeling in mice. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:124-32 pubmed..These results reveal a unique and important function for MEF2D in stress-dependent cardiac growth and reprogramming of gene expression in the adult heart. ..
- Aubin J, Davy A, Soriano P. In vivo convergence of BMP and MAPK signaling pathways: impact of differential Smad1 phosphorylation on development and homeostasis. Genes Dev. 2004;18:1482-94 pubmed..These results underscore the need to tightly balance BMP and MAPK signaling pathways through Smad1. ..
- Cheah C, Yu F, Westenbroek R, Kalume F, Oakley J, Potter G, et al. Specific deletion of NaV1.1 sodium channels in inhibitory interneurons causes seizures and premature death in a mouse model of Dravet syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:14646-51 pubmed publisher..Evidently, loss of Na(V)1.1 channels in forebrain GABAergic neurons is both necessary and sufficient to cause epilepsy and premature death in DS. ..
- Heusner C, Beutler L, Houser C, Palmiter R. Deletion of GAD67 in dopamine receptor-1 expressing cells causes specific motor deficits. Genesis. 2008;46:357-67 pubmed publisher..We show that these mice are deficient in some types of motor skills, but normal for others, suggesting a differential role for GABA release from D1 receptor-containing neurons. ..
- Chen G, Ishan M, Yang J, Kishigami S, Fukuda T, Scott G, et al. Specific and spatial labeling of P0-Cre versus Wnt1-Cre in cranial neural crest in early mouse embryos. Genesis. 2017;55: pubmed publisher..The difference between P0-Cre and Wnt1-Cre in labeling cranial NC may provide a better explanation of the differential distributions of their NC derivatives and of the phenotypes caused by Cre-driven genetic modifications. ..
- Yagi R, Kohn M, Karavanova I, Kaneko K, Vullhorst D, DePamphilis M, et al. Transcription factor TEAD4 specifies the trophectoderm lineage at the beginning of mammalian development. Development. 2007;134:3827-36 pubmed..Thus, Tead4 is the earliest gene shown to be uniquely required for specification of the trophectoderm lineage. ..
- Daubas P, Duval N, Bajard L, Langa Vives F, Robert B, Mankoo B, et al. Fine-tuning the onset of myogenesis by homeobox proteins that interact with the Myf5 limb enhancer. Biol Open. 2015;4:1614-24 pubmed publisher..We show that Msx1 and Meox2 homeodomain-containing transcription factors bind in vitro and in vivo to specific sites in the 145-bp element, ..
- Chen L, Xie Z, Turkson S, Zhuang X. A53T human Î±-synuclein overexpression in transgenic mice induces pervasive mitochondria macroautophagy defects preceding dopamine neuron degeneration. J Neurosci. 2015;35:890-905 pubmed publisher..The model, its well-defined pathologies, and the demonstration of a main pathogenesis pathway in the present study have set the stage and direction of emphasis for future studies. ..
- Schwickert T, Tagoh H, Gultekin S, Dakic A, Axelsson E, Minnich M, et al. Stage-specific control of early B cell development by the transcription factor Ikaros. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:283-93 pubmed publisher..Notably, binding of Ikaros and expression of its target genes were dynamically regulated at distinct stages of early B lymphopoiesis. ..
- Galabova Kovacs G, Catalanotti F, Matzen D, Reyes G, Zezula J, Herbst R, et al. Essential role of B-Raf in oligodendrocyte maturation and myelination during postnatal central nervous system development. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:947-55 pubmed publisher..These data define B-Raf as the rate-limiting MEK/ERK activator in oligodendrocyte differentiation and myelination and have implications for the design and use of Raf inhibitors. ..
- Fukuda T, Scott G, Komatsu Y, Araya R, Kawano M, Ray M, et al. Generation of a mouse with conditionally activated signaling through the BMP receptor, ALK2. Genesis. 2006;44:159-67 pubmed..The conditional overexpression system described here provides versatility in investigating gene functions in a tissue-specific manner without having to generate independent tissue-specific transgenic lines. ..
- Fahs S, Hille M, Shi Q, Weiler H, Montgomery R. A conditional knockout mouse model reveals endothelial cells as the principal and possibly exclusive source of plasma factor VIII. Blood. 2014;123:3706-13 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that endothelial cells are the predominant, and possibly exclusive, source of plasma FVIII. ..
- Galan Caridad J, Harel S, Arenzana T, Hou Z, Doetsch F, Mirny L, et al. Zfx controls the self-renewal of embryonic and hematopoietic stem cells. Cell. 2007;129:345-57 pubmed..These studies identify Zfx as a shared transcriptional regulator of ESC and HSC, suggesting a common genetic basis of self-renewal in embryonic and adult SC. ..
- Szumska D, Pieles G, Essalmani R, Bilski M, Mesnard D, Kaur K, et al. VACTERL/caudal regression/Currarino syndrome-like malformations in mice with mutation in the proprotein convertase Pcsk5. Genes Dev. 2008;22:1465-77 pubmed publisher..We propose that Pcsk5, at least in part via GDF11, coordinately regulates caudal Hox paralogs, to control anteroposterior patterning, nephrogenesis, skeletal, and anorectal development. ..
- Schotta G, Sengupta R, Kubicek S, Malin S, Kauer M, Callen E, et al. A chromatin-wide transition to H4K20 monomethylation impairs genome integrity and programmed DNA rearrangements in the mouse. Genes Dev. 2008;22:2048-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, conversion to an H4K20me1 state results in compromised chromatin that is insufficient to protect genome integrity and to process a DNA-rearranging differentiation program in the mouse. ..
- Rodrigo I, Hill R, Balling R, Munsterberg A, Imai K. Pax1 and Pax9 activate Bapx1 to induce chondrogenic differentiation in the sclerotome. Development. 2003;130:473-82 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that Bapx1 is a direct target of Pax1 and Pax9. Together, we conclude that Pax1 and Pax9 are required and sufficient for the chondrogenic differentiation of sclerotomal cells. ..