Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: melastatin
Description: transient receptor potential cation channel, subfamily M, member 1
Alias: 4732499L03Rik, AI606771, Ltrpc1, Mlsn1, transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily M member 1, long transient receptor potential channel 1, melastatin-1
- Kozuka T, Chaya T, Tamalu F, Shimada M, Fujimaki Aoba K, Kuwahara R, et al. The TRPM1 Channel Is Required for Development of the Rod ON Bipolar Cell-AII Amacrine Cell Pathway in the Retinal Circuit. J Neurosci. 2017;37:9889-9900 pubmed publisher..This study advances our understanding of neurotransmission-mediated retinal circuit refinement. ..
- Wang Y, Fehlhaber K, Sarria I, Cao Y, Ingram N, Guerrero Given D, et al. The Auxiliary Calcium Channel Subunit α2δ4 Is Required for Axonal Elaboration, Synaptic Transmission, and Wiring of Rod Photoreceptors. Neuron. 2017;93:1359-1374.e6 pubmed publisher..4 function, but is not required for ribbon organization, synaptogenesis, or synaptic transmission. These findings offer insights into retinal pathologies associated with α2δ4 dysfunction. ..
- Staaf S, Franck M, Marmigere F, Mattsson J, Ernfors P. Dynamic expression of the TRPM subgroup of ion channels in developing mouse sensory neurons. Gene Expr Patterns. 2010;10:65-74 pubmed publisher..channels in sensory physiology, little is known of the expression and developmental regulation of the TRPM (melastatin) subgroup in sensory neurons...
- Oancea E, Vriens J, Brauchi S, Jun J, Splawski I, Clapham D. TRPM1 forms ion channels associated with melanin content in melanocytes. Sci Signal. 2009;2:ra21 pubmed publisherTRPM1 (melastatin), which encodes the founding member of the TRPM family of transient receptor potential (TRP) ion channels, was first identified by its reduced expression in a highly metastatic mouse melanoma cell line...
- Carter R, Tolhurst G, Walmsley G, Vizuete Forster M, Miller N, Mahaut Smith M. Molecular and electrophysiological characterization of transient receptor potential ion channels in the primary murine megakaryocyte. J Physiol. 2006;576:151-62 pubmed..This study defines for the first time the principal TRP channels within the primary megakaryocyte, which represent candidates for Ca(2+) influx pathways activated by a diverse range of stimuli in the platelet and megakaryocyte. ..
- NeuillÃ© M, Morgans C, Cao Y, Orhan E, Michiels C, Sahel J, et al. LRIT3 is essential to localize TRPM1 to the dendritic tips of depolarizing bipolar cells and may play a role in cone synapse formation. Eur J Neurosci. 2015;42:1966-75 pubmed publisher..These results point to a possibly different regulation of the mGluR6 signaling cascade between rod and cone ON-bipolar cells. ..
- Orlandi C, Cao Y, Martemyanov K. Orphan receptor GPR179 forms macromolecular complexes with components of metabotropic signaling cascade in retina ON-bipolar neurons. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:7153-61 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that the mGluR6 signaling cascade is scaffolded as a macromolecular complex in which the interactions between the components ensure the optimal spatiotemporal characteristics of signal transduction. ..
- Loftus S, Larson D, Baxter L, Antonellis A, Chen Y, Wu X, et al. Mutation of melanosome protein RAB38 in chocolate mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:4471-6 pubmed..This study demonstrates the utility of expression profile analysis to identify mammalian disease genes. ..
- Hunter J, Shao J, Smutko J, Dussault B, Nagle D, Woolf E, et al. Chromosomal localization and genomic characterization of the mouse melastatin gene (Mlsn1). Genomics. 1998;54:116-23 pubmedWe recently described a novel gene, melastatin, whose expression is inversely correlated with melanoma aggressiveness. Chromosomal localization of this gene places it on mouse chromosome 7 and in the 15q13-q14 region of the human genome...
- Xiong W, Pang J, Pennesi M, Duvoisin R, Wu S, Morgans C. The Effect of PKCÎ± on the Light Response of Rod Bipolar Cells in the Mouse Retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015;56:4961-74 pubmed publisher..Protein kinase C alpha plays an important modulatory role in RBCs, regulating both the peak amplitude and temporal properties of the RBC light response in the rod visual pathway. ..
- Gerka Stuyt J, Au A, Peachey N, Alagramam K. Transient receptor potential melastatin 1: a hair cell transduction channel candidate. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77213 pubmed publisher..One of these candidates is the transient receptor potential melastatin 1 protein (TRPM1), which is expressed in various cells types within the cochlea of the mouse including the hair ..
- Hackler L, Wan J, Swaroop A, Qian J, Zack D. MicroRNA profile of the developing mouse retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:1823-31 pubmed publisher..Conclusions. Global expression profiling revealed dozens of miRNAs with significant expression changes in the developing retina. Precise patterns of expression of miRNAs suggest their specific roles in development. ..
- Shen Y, Rampino M, Carroll R, Nawy S. G-protein-mediated inhibition of the Trp channel TRPM1 requires the G?? dimer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:8752-7 pubmed publisher..primarily responsible for the synaptic response has been recently identified as the transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily M member 1 (TRPM1); TRPM1 is negatively coupled to the mGluR6/Go cascade such that activation of ..
- Hughes S, Pothecary C, Jagannath A, Foster R, Hankins M, Peirson S. Profound defects in pupillary responses to light in TRPM-channel null mice: a role for TRPM channels in non-image-forming photoreception. Eur J Neurosci. 2012;35:34-43 pubmed publisher..Expression of TRPM3 is detected in Muller cells and the ciliary body but is absent from pRGCs, and thus our data support an indirect role for TRPM3 in pupillary light responses. ..
- Ueno S, Nishiguchi K, Tanioka H, Enomoto A, Yamanouchi T, Kondo M, et al. Degeneration of retinal on bipolar cells induced by serum including autoantibody against TRPM1 in mouse model of paraneoplastic retinopathy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e81507 pubmed publisher..Evidence has been obtained that the transient receptor potential melastatin 1 (TRPM1) protein was one of the antigens for the autoantibody against the ON bipolar cells in PR patients...
- Tummala S, Neinstein A, Fina M, Dhingra A, Vardi N. Localization of Cacna1s to ON bipolar dendritic tips requires mGluR6-related cascade elements. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:1483-92 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that Cacna1s contributes to light adaptation by permeating calcium. ..
- Ray T, Heath K, Hasan N, Noel J, SAMUELS I, Martemyanov K, et al. GPR179 is required for high sensitivity of the mGluR6 signaling cascade in depolarizing bipolar cells. J Neurosci. 2014;34:6334-43 pubmed publisher..G-protein-coupled receptor, mGluR6, an intact G-protein-coupled cascade and the transient receptor potential melastatin 1 (TRPM1) cation channel...
- Xu Y, Dhingra A, Fina M, Koike C, Furukawa T, Vardi N. mGluR6 deletion renders the TRPM1 channel in retina inactive. J Neurophysiol. 2012;107:948-57 pubmed publisher..This activates the G protein G(o), which then closes transient receptor potential melastatin 1 (TRPM1) channels, leading to cells' hyperpolarization...