Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Med12
Description: mediator complex subunit 12
Alias: 230kDa, Mopa, OPA-1, Tnrc11, Trap230, mediator of RNA polymerase II transcription subunit 12, OPA-containing protein 1, mediator of RNA polymerase II transcription, subunit 12 homolog, thyroid hormone receptor-associated protein complex 230 kDa component, trinucleotide repeat containing 11 (THR-associated protein), trinucleotide repeat containing 11 (THR-associated protein, 230 kDa subunit), trinucleotide repeat-containing gene 11 protein
- Ge K, Guermah M, Yuan C, Ito M, Wallberg A, Spiegelman B, et al. Transcription coactivator TRAP220 is required for PPAR gamma 2-stimulated adipogenesis. Nature. 2002;417:563-7 pubmed..These data indicate that TRAP220 acts, via the TRAP complex, as a PPAR gamma(2)-selective coactivator and, accordingly, that it is specific for one fibroblast differentiation pathway (adipogenesis) relative to another (myogenesis). ..
- Tutter A, Kowalski M, Baltus G, Iourgenko V, Labow M, Li E, et al. Role for Med12 in regulation of Nanog and Nanog target genes. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3709-18 pubmed publisher..b>Med12 is part of a subcomplex of four proteins associated with the core Mediator complex and has been found to function ..
- Aranda Orgilles B, SaldaÃ±a Meyer R, Wang E, Trompouki E, Fassl A, Lau S, et al. MED12 Regulates HSC-Specific Enhancers Independently of Mediator Kinase Activity to Control Hematopoiesis. Cell Stem Cell. 2016;19:784-799 pubmed publisher..We show that MED12, a member of the Mediator kinase module, is an essential regulator of HSC homeostasis, as inÂ vivo deletion of ..
- Kagey M, Newman J, Bilodeau S, Zhan Y, Orlando D, van Berkum N, et al. Mediator and cohesin connect gene expression and chromatin architecture. Nature. 2010;467:430-5 pubmed publisher..Mediator and cohesin co-occupy different promoters in different cells, thus generating cell-type-specific DNA loops linked to the gene expression program of each cell. ..
- Huang S, HÃ¶lzel M, Knijnenburg T, Schlicker A, Roepman P, McDermott U, et al. MED12 controls the response to multiple cancer drugs through regulation of TGF-Î² receptor signaling. Cell. 2012;151:937-50 pubmed publisher..We used a large-scale RNAi screen to identify MED12, a component of the transcriptional MEDIATOR complex that is mutated in cancers, as a determinant of response to ..
- Li N, Fassl A, Chick J, Inuzuka H, Li X, Mansour M, et al. Cyclin C is a haploinsufficient tumour suppressor. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:1080-91 pubmed publisher..We also describe point mutations in human T-ALL that render cyclin-C-CDK unable to phosphorylate ICN1. Hence, tumour cells may develop different strategies to evade inhibition by cyclin C. ..
- Thomas Claudepierre A, Robert I, Rocha P, Raviram R, Schiavo E, Heyer V, et al. Mediator facilitates transcriptional activation and dynamic long-range contacts at the IgH locus during class switch recombination. J Exp Med. 2016;213:303-12 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, little is known about the underlying mechanisms. In this study, we show that Med1 and Med12, two subunits of the mediator complex implicated in transcription initiation and long-range enhancer/promoter loop ..