Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mbd3
Description: methyl-CpG binding domain protein 3
Alias: AI181826, AU019209, methyl-CpG-binding domain protein 3, methyl-CpG-binding protein MBD3
- Zhang Y, Ng H, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Bird A, Reinberg D. Analysis of the NuRD subunits reveals a histone deacetylase core complex and a connection with DNA methylation. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1924-35 pubmed..highly related to the metastasis-associated protein 1, MTA2, and the methyl-CpG-binding domain-containing protein, MBD3, were found to be subunits of the NuRD complex...
- Kantor B, Makedonski K, Shemer R, Razin A. Expression and localization of components of the histone deacetylases multiprotein repressory complexes in the mouse preimplantation embryo. Gene Expr Patterns. 2003;3:697-702 pubmed..Proteins containing methyl binding domains (MBDs) are major components of these complexes. MBD3 is a component of the HDAC associated chromatin remodeling complex Mi2/NuRD...
- Liang J, Wan M, Zhang Y, Gu P, Xin H, Jung S, et al. Nanog and Oct4 associate with unique transcriptional repression complexes in embryonic stem cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:731-9 pubmed publisher..of the various core components in the NuRD complex with which Nanog and Oct4 interact, Mta1 was preferred, whereas Mbd3 and Rbbp7 were either absent or present at sub-stoichiometric levels...
- Percec I, Thorvaldsen J, Plenge R, Krapp C, Nadeau J, Willard H, et al. An N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea mutagenesis screen for epigenetic mutations in the mouse. Genetics. 2003;164:1481-94 pubmed
- Moon B, Yun H, Chang W, Steele B, Cai M, Choi S, et al. Smek promotes corticogenesis through regulating Mbd3's stability and Mbd3/NuRD complex recruitment to genes associated with neurogenesis. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2001220 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that Suppressor of Mek null (Smek) interact with methyl-CpG-binding domain 3 (Mbd3) and the complex plays a critical role in self-renewal and neuronal differentiation of NPCs...
- Mukhopadhyay P, Greene R, Pisano M. Cigarette smoke induces proteasomal-mediated degradation of DNA methyltransferases and methyl CpG-/CpG domain-binding proteins in embryonic orofacial cells. Reprod Toxicol. 2015;58:140-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data allow the suggestion of a potential epigenetic mechanism underlying maternal cigarette smoke exposure-induced orofacial clefting. ..
- Latos P, Helliwell C, Mosaku O, Dudzinska D, Stubbs B, Berdasco M, et al. NuRD-dependent DNA methylation prevents ES cells from accessing a trophectoderm fate. Biol Open. 2012;1:341-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings clarify the molecular nature of the developmental barrier between the embryonic and trophoblast cell fates, and establish a role for NuRD activity in specifying sites for de novo DNA methylation. ..
- Linke M, May A, Reifenberg K, Haaf T, Zechner U. The impact of ovarian stimulation on the expression of candidate reprogramming genes in mouse preimplantation embryos. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2013;139:71-9 pubmed publisher..of ovarian stimulation on the expression of developmentally important reprogramming genes (Apex1, Lig1, Lig3, Mbd2, Mbd3, Mbd4, and Polb) in single early mouse morula embryos (16-cell stage)...
- Deshpande A, Dai Y, Kim Y, Kim J, Kimlin L, Gao K, et al. Cdk2ap1 is required for epigenetic silencing of Oct4 during murine embryonic stem cell differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:6043-7 pubmed publisher..this repressor function of Cdk2ap1 is dependent on its physical interaction with the methyl DNA-binding protein, Mbd3. Our data support a potential molecular link between the known differentiation promoters, including bone ..
- Reese K, Lin S, Verona R, Schultz R, Bartolomei M. Maintenance of paternal methylation and repression of the imprinted H19 gene requires MBD3. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e137 pubmed..MBD RNA and protein are found in preimplantation embryos, and chromatin immunoprecipitation shows that MBD3 is bound to the H19 DMD...
- Kidder B, Palmer S. HDAC1 regulates pluripotency and lineage specific transcriptional networks in embryonic and trophoblast stem cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:2925-39 pubmed publisher..We also observed occupancy of methyl-CpG binding domain protein 3 (MBD3), a subunit of the nucleosome remodeling and histone deacetylation (NuRD) complex, at a subset of HDAC1-occupied ..
- Ma P, Lin S, Bartolomei M, Schultz R. Metastasis tumor antigen 2 (MTA2) is involved in proper imprinted expression of H19 and Peg3 during mouse preimplantation development. Biol Reprod. 2010;83:1027-35 pubmed publisher..result in a decrease in abundance of other NuRD components, including methyl-binding-CpG-binding domain protein 3 (MBD3), histone deacetylases 1 and 2 (HDACs 1 and 2), and chromodomain helicase DNA-binding protein 4 (CHD4)...
- Pires daSilva A, Nayernia K, Engel W, Torres M, Stoykova A, Chowdhury K, et al. Mice deficient for spermatid perinuclear RNA-binding protein show neurologic, spermatogenic, and sperm morphological abnormalities. Dev Biol. 2001;233:319-28 pubmed..Our findings suggest that SPNR plays an important role in normal spermatogenesis and sperm function. Thus, the Spnr(GT/GT) mutant male mouse provides a unique model for some human male infertility cases. ..
- Kim J, Khalid O, Vo S, Sun H, Wong D, Kim Y. A novel regulatory factor recruits the nucleosome remodeling complex to wingless integrated (Wnt) signaling gene promoters in mouse embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:41103-17 pubmed publisher..b>MBD3 is considered a key player in the formation of a functional NuRD complex...
- Hainer S, McCannell K, Yu J, Ee L, Zhu L, Rando O, et al. DNA methylation directs genomic localization of Mbd2 and Mbd3 in embryonic stem cells. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Two MBD proteins, Mbd2 and Mbd3, were previously shown to bind methylated or hydroxymethylated DNA, respectively; however, both of these findings ..
- Mann W, Haaf T. Single cell RT-PCR on mouse embryos: a general approach for developmental biology. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;630:3-12 pubmed publisher..It is tempting to speculate that cells expressing the reprogramming machinery have a higher developmental potential. ..
- Hendrich B, Abbott C, McQueen H, Chambers D, Cross S, Bird A. Genomic structure and chromosomal mapping of the murine and human Mbd1, Mbd2, Mbd3, and Mbd4 genes. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:906-12 pubmed..MeCP2, MBD1, MBD2, MBD3, and MBD4 comprise a family of mammalian, nuclear proteins related by the presence in each of an amino acid motif ..
- May A, Kirchner R, Muller H, Hartmann P, El Hajj N, Tresch A, et al. Multiplex rt-PCR expression analysis of developmentally important genes in individual mouse preimplantation embryos and blastomeres. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:194-202 pubmed publisher..Immunolocalization of DNMT3A, MBD3, APEX1, and LIG3 in most or all nuclei of 40-60-cell embryos is a good indicator of functional activity of genes ..
- Wade P, Gegonne A, Jones P, Ballestar E, Aubry F, Wolffe A. Mi-2 complex couples DNA methylation to chromatin remodelling and histone deacetylation. Nat Genet. 1999;23:62-6 pubmed..Our data substantiate the mechanistic link between DNA methylation, histone deacetylation and transcriptional silencing. ..
- McMurray E, Schmidt J. Identification of imprinting regulators at the Meg3 differentially methylated region. Genomics. 2012;100:184-94 pubmed publisher..DNA-binding proteins that represent potential regulatory factors were identified in both ES cells and embryos. ..
- Miller A, Ralser M, Kloet S, Loos R, Nishinakamura R, Bertone P, et al. Sall4 controls differentiation of pluripotent cells independently of the Nucleosome Remodelling and Deacetylation (NuRD) complex. Development. 2016;143:3074-84 pubmed publisher..We propose a model whereby enhancer binding by Sall4 and other pluripotency-associated transcription factors is responsible for maintaining the balance between transcriptional programmes in pluripotent cells. ..
- Jung B, Zhang G, Nitsch R, Trogadis J, Nag S, Eubanks J. Differential expression of methyl CpG-binding domain containing factor MBD3 in the developing and adult rat brain. J Neurobiol. 2003;55:220-32 pubmedUsing subtractive hybridization screening, the methyl CpG-binding domain containing protein MBD3 was identified as being more prevalently expressed in the embryonic brain than in the adult...
- Jung B, Purushotham D, Eubanks J. Identification of a murine methyl cytosine phosphate guanine binding domain-containing factor 3 (MBD3) promoter segment sufficient for driving reporter gene expression in neurons in vitro and in vivo. Neuroscience. 2007;145:1016-25 pubmed..properties of a segment of the murine methyl cytosine phosphate guanine binding domain-containing factor 3 (MBD3) promoter region...
- Ghoshal K, Majumder S, Datta J, Motiwala T, Bai S, Sharma S, et al. Role of human ribosomal RNA (rRNA) promoter methylation and of methyl-CpG-binding protein MBD2 in the suppression of rRNA gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6783-93 pubmed..Immunofluorescence studies showed that the methyl-CpG-binding proteins, MBD1, MBD2, MBD3, and MeCP2, are localized both in the nuclei and nucleoli of HepG2 cells...
- Knock E, Pereira J, Lombard P, Dimond A, Leaford D, Livesey F, et al. The methyl binding domain 3/nucleosome remodelling and deacetylase complex regulates neural cell fate determination and terminal differentiation in the cerebral cortex. Neural Dev. 2015;10:13 pubmed publisher..The methyl binding domain 3/nucleosome remodelling and deacetylation (MBD3/NuRD) co-repressor complex facilitates lineage commitment of pluripotent cells in early mouse embryos and is ..
- Ruddock D Cruz N, Xue J, Wilson K, Heffernan C, Prashadkumar S, Cooney M, et al. Dynamic changes in the localization of five members of the methyl binding domain (MBD) gene family during murine and bovine preimplantation embryo development. Mol Reprod Dev. 2008;75:48-59 pubmed..MBD1 localization is consistent with a novel role during MZT for both species. MBD3, known to play a crucial role in murine embryogenesis, was highly localized to the nucleus before and after, but ..
- Datta J, Majumder S, Bai S, Ghoshal K, Kutay H, Smith D, et al. Physical and functional interaction of DNA methyltransferase 3A with Mbd3 and Brg1 in mouse lymphosarcoma cells. Cancer Res. 2005;65:10891-900 pubmed..electrospray tandem mass spectrometry analysis of Dnmt3a-associated polypeptides identified the methyl CpG binding protein Mbd3, histone deacetylase 1(Hdac1), and components of Brg1 complex (Brg1, Baf155, and Baf57) in the ..
- Ohki I, Shimotake N, Fujita N, Jee J, Ikegami T, Nakao M, et al. Solution structure of the methyl-CpG binding domain of human MBD1 in complex with methylated DNA. Cell. 2001;105:487-97 pubmed..The structure indicates how MBD may access nucleosomal DNA without encountering steric interference from core histones, and provides a basis to interpret mutations linked to Rett syndrome in MeCP2. ..
- Zhang L, Zheng Y, Sun Y, Zhang Y, Yan J, Chen Z, et al. MiR-134-Mbd3 axis regulates the induction of pluripotency. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:1150-8 pubmed publisher..And Mbd3 was found to promote the induction of iPSCs and could block the repression of reprogramming caused by ..
- Loughran S, Comoglio F, Hamey F, Giustacchini A, Errami Y, Earp E, et al. Mbd3/NuRD controls lymphoid cell fate and inhibits tumorigenesis by repressing a B cell transcriptional program. J Exp Med. 2017;214:3085-3104 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the Mbd3/nucleosome remodeling and deacetylation (NuRD) chromatin remodeling complex opposes this transcriptional pioneering ..
- Katryniok C, Schnur N, Gillis A, von Knethen A, Sorg B, Looijenga L, et al. Role of DNA methylation and methyl-DNA binding proteins in the repression of 5-lipoxygenase promoter activity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1801:49-57 pubmed publisher..Gel shift data indicate that recruitment of Sp1 to this binding site is prevented by methylation. ..
- Denner D, Rauchman M. Mi-2/NuRD is required in renal progenitor cells during embryonic kidney development. Dev Biol. 2013;375:105-16 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrated that Sall1 and Mi2? exhibited a strong in vivo genetic interaction in the developing kidney. Together these findings indicate that Sall1 and NuRD act cooperatively to maintain CM progenitor cells. ..
- Yildirim O, Li R, Hung J, Chen P, Dong X, Ee L, et al. Mbd3/NURD complex regulates expression of 5-hydroxymethylcytosine marked genes in embryonic stem cells. Cell. 2011;147:1498-510 pubmed publisher..We find that Mbd3 and Brg1 antagonistically regulate a common set of genes by regulating promoter nucleosome occupancy...
- Dos Santos R, Tosti L, Radzisheuskaya A, Caballero I, Kaji K, Hendrich B, et al. MBD3/NuRD facilitates induction of pluripotency in a context-dependent manner. Cell Stem Cell. 2014;15:102-10 pubmed publisher..By knocking out MBD3, an essential scaffold subunit of the NuRD complex, at different time points in reprogramming, we found that ..
- Jin S, Jiang C, Rauch T, Li H, Pfeifer G. MBD3L2 interacts with MBD3 and components of the NuRD complex and can oppose MBD2-MeCP1-mediated methylation silencing. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12700-9 pubmedMBD2 and MBD3 are two proteins that contain methyl-CpG binding domains and have a transcriptional repression function...
- Rodriguez P, Bonte E, Krijgsveld J, Kolodziej K, Guyot B, Heck A, et al. GATA-1 forms distinct activating and repressive complexes in erythroid cells. EMBO J. 2005;24:2354-66 pubmed..Based on these findings, we suggest a model for the different roles of GATA-1 in erythroid differentiation. ..