Genomes and Genes
mast cell protease 8
Gene Symbol: mast cell protease 8
Description: mast cell protease 8
Alias: BB139338, MMCP-8, mast cell protease 8
Products: mast cell protease 8
- Gallwitz M, Enoksson M, Hellman L. Expression profile of novel members of the rat mast cell protease (rMCP)-2 and (rMCP)-8 families, and functional analyses of mouse mast cell protease (mMCP)-8. Immunogenetics. 2007;59:391-405 pubmed..Thus, the substrate specificity of mMCP-8 may be too narrow to be detected with the employed methods, or the enzyme may require a substrate conformation that is not provided by the analyzed peptides. ..
- Lützelschwab C, Huang M, Kullberg M, Aveskogh M, Hellman L. Characterization of mouse mast cell protease-8, the first member of a novel subfamily of mouse mast cell serine proteases, distinct from both the classical chymases and tryptases. Eur J Immunol. 1998;28:1022-33 pubmed..This latter is in clear contrast to what has been observed in the rat where the MMCP-8 homologues, RMCP-8, -9 and -10, can be considered as true mucosal MC proteases. ..
- Reber L, Marichal T, Mukai K, Kita Y, Tokuoka S, Roers A, et al. Selective ablation of mast cells or basophils reduces peanut-induced anaphylaxis in mice. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2013;132:881-8.e1-11 pubmed publisher..The neutrophilia in Kit(W-sh/W-sh) mice might influence the responses of these mice in this PIA model. ..
- Abram C, Roberge G, Hu Y, Lowell C. Comparative analysis of the efficiency and specificity of myeloid-Cre deleting strains using ROSA-EYFP reporter mice. J Immunol Methods. 2014;408:89-100 pubmed publisher..By focusing on myeloid subsets, we directly compare the relative efficiency and specificity of myeloid deletion in these strains under steady-state conditions. ..
- Rönnberg E, Calounova G, Guss B, Lundequist A, Pejler G. Granzyme D is a novel murine mast cell protease that is highly induced by multiple pathways of mast cell activation. Infect Immun. 2013;81:2085-94 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings identify granzyme D as a novel murine mast cell protease and implicate granzyme D in settings where mast cells are activated, such as bacterial infection and allergy. ..
- Wada T, Ishiwata K, Koseki H, Ishikura T, Ugajin T, Ohnuma N, et al. Selective ablation of basophils in mice reveals their nonredundant role in acquired immunity against ticks. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:2867-75 pubmed publisher..to acquired tick resistance, mice expressing the human diphtheria toxin receptor under the control of the mast cell protease 8 (Mcpt8) promoter were generated...
- Lee L, Ji M, Sinha M, Dong M, Ren X, Wang Y, et al. Determinants of Divergent Adaptive Immune Responses after Airway Sensitization with Ligands of Toll-Like Receptor 5 or Toll-Like Receptor 9. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0167693 pubmed publisher..Thus, the cell types that responded to TLR ligands were a critical determinant of the innate cytokines produced and the character of the resulting adaptive immune response in the airways. ..
- Tsutsui H, Yamanishi Y, Ohtsuka H, Sato S, Yoshikawa S, Karasuyama H. The Basophil-specific Protease mMCP-8 Provokes an Inflammatory Response in the Skin with Microvascular Hyperpermeability and Leukocyte Infiltration. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:1061-1067 pubmed publisher..Particularly, mouse mast cell protease 8 (mMCP-8) is specifically expressed by basophils but not mast cells despite its name...