Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Masp2
Description: mannan-binding lectin serine peptidase 2
Alias: MASP-2, MAp19, mannan-binding lectin serine protease 2, MBL-associated serine protease 2, mannose-binding protein-associated serine protease 2
- Dib S, Xiao S, Miletic D, Robertson J. Gene targeting of mouse Tardbp negatively affects Masp2 expression. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e95373 pubmed publisher..was specifically designed to not overlap with Tardbp adjacent genes, the homologous recombination event affected the expression of a downstream gene, Masp2. This may explain the inability to obtain homozygote mice with targeted Tardbp.
- Lawson P, Reid K. A novel PCR-based technique using expressed sequence tags and gene homology for murine genetic mapping: localization of the complement genes. Int Immunol. 2000;12:231-40 pubmed..These results provide new insights into the evolution of this group of proteins. ..
- Møller Kristensen M, Thiel S, Sjoholm A, Matsushita M, Jensenius J. Cooperation between MASP-1 and MASP-2 in the generation of C3 convertase through the MBL pathway. Int Immunol. 2007;19:141-9 pubmed
- Farrar C, Tran D, Li K, Wu W, Peng Q, Schwaeble W, et al. Collectin-11 detects stress-induced L-fucose pattern to trigger renal epithelial injury. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:1911-25 pubmed publisher..Given these results, we conclude that lectin complement pathway activation triggered by ligand-CL-11 interaction in postischemic tissue is a potent source of acute kidney injury and is amenable to sugar-specific blockade. ..
- Endo Y, Takahashi M, Nakao M, Saiga H, Sekine H, Matsushita M, et al. Two lineages of mannose-binding lectin-associated serine protease (MASP) in vertebrates. J Immunol. 1998;161:4924-30 pubmed..Furthermore, the presence of MASP or MASP-like sequences in most vertebrate species suggests that the lectin pathway functions extensively in vertebrates and that its origin is traced back to the invertebrate stage...
- Liu Y, Endo Y, Homma S, Kanno K, Yaginuma H, Fujita T. Ficolin A and ficolin B are expressed in distinct ontogenic patterns and cell types in the mouse. Mol Immunol. 2005;42:1265-73 pubmed..Thus, the different spatial-temporal expression patterns of ficolins A and B suggest that these molecules play distinct roles in the prenatal and postnatal stages. ..
- Stover C, Thiel S, Lynch N, Schwaeble W. The rat and mouse homologues of MASP-2 and MAp19, components of the lectin activation pathway of complement. J Immunol. 1999;163:6848-59 pubmed..activation, a serine protease of 76 kDa, termed MASP-2, and a MASP-2 related plasma protein of 19 kDa, termed MAp19. Upon activation of the MBL/MASPs/MAp19 complex, MASP-2 cleaves the fourth complement component C4, while the role ..
- Ali Y, Kenawy H, Muhammad A, Sim R, Andrew P, Schwaeble W. Human L-ficolin, a recognition molecule of the lectin activation pathway of complement, activates complement by binding to pneumolysin, the major toxin of Streptococcus pneumoniae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e82583 pubmed publisher..This work elucidates the detailed interactions between PLY and complement and shows for the first time a specific role of the LP in PLY-mediated complement activation in human serum. ..
- Gorelik A, Sapir T, Haffner Krausz R, Olender T, Woodruff T, Reiner O. Developmental activities of the complement pathway in migrating neurons. Nat Commun. 2017;8:15096 pubmed publisher..Here we show that key proteins in the lectin arm of this pathway, MASP1, MASP2 and C3, are expressed in the developing cortex and that neuronal migration is impaired in knockout and knockdown ..
- Takahashi M, Ishida Y, Iwaki D, Kanno K, Suzuki T, Endo Y, et al. Essential role of mannose-binding lectin-associated serine protease-1 in activation of the complement factor D. J Exp Med. 2010;207:29-37 pubmed publisher..Thus, it is clear that MASP-1 is an essential protease of both the lectin and alternative complement pathways...
- Iwaki D, Fujita T. Production and purification of recombinants of mouse MASP-2 and sMAP. J Endotoxin Res. 2005;11:47-50 pubmed..From these data, rsMAP and rMASP-2 generated in this study seem to be useful in analysis of the deficient mice. ..
- Endo Y, Nakazawa N, Liu Y, Iwaki D, Takahashi M, Fujita T, et al. Carbohydrate-binding specificities of mouse ficolin A, a splicing variant of ficolin A and ficolin B and their complex formation with MASP-2 and sMAP. Immunogenetics. 2005;57:837-44 pubmed..These results suggest that ficolin A and its variant function as recognition molecules of the lectin pathway, and ficolin B plays a distinct role through its unique carbohydrate-binding specificity. ..