Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Masp1
Description: mannan-binding lectin serine peptidase 1
Alias: AW048060, CCPII, Crarf, Masp1/3, mannan-binding lectin serine protease 1, MASP-1, complement factor MASP-3, complement-activating component of Ra-reactive factor, mannose-binding lectin-associated serine protease 1, mannose-binding protein-associated serine protease, ra-reactive factor serine protease p100, raRF, serine protease 5
- Banda N, Mehta G, Kjaer T, Takahashi M, Schaack J, Morrison T, et al. Essential role for the lectin pathway in collagen antibody-induced arthritis revealed through use of adenovirus programming complement inhibitor MAp44 expression. J Immunol. 2014;193:2455-68 pubmed publisher..Our study provides conclusive evidence that an intact complement LP is essential to initiate CAIA, and that MAp44 may be an appropriate treatment for inflammatory arthritis. ..
- Banda N, Acharya S, Scheinman R, Mehta G, Coulombe M, Takahashi M, et al. Mannan-Binding Lectin-Associated Serine Protease 1/3 Cleavage of Pro-Factor D into Factor D In Vivo and Attenuation of Collagen Antibody-Induced Arthritis through Their Targeted Inhibition by RNA Interference-Mediated Gene Silencing. J Immunol. 2016;197:3680-3694 pubmed..Thus, MASP-1/3 represent a new therapeutic target for the treatment of RA, likely through both direct effects on the lectin pathway and indirectly through the alternative pathway. ..
- Stover C, Lynch N, Dahl M, Hanson S, Takahashi M, Frankenberger M, et al. Murine serine proteases MASP-1 and MASP-3, components of the lectin pathway activation complex of complement, are encoded by a single structural gene. Genes Immun. 2003;4:374-84 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate the evolutionary conservation of MASP-3 mRNA in cDNA transcripts from guinea pig, rabbit, pufferfish, and cow. ..
- Lawson P, Reid K. A novel PCR-based technique using expressed sequence tags and gene homology for murine genetic mapping: localization of the complement genes. Int Immunol. 2000;12:231-40 pubmed..These results provide new insights into the evolution of this group of proteins. ..
- Ruseva M, Takahashi M, Fujita T, Pickering M. C3 dysregulation due to factor H deficiency is mannan-binding lectin-associated serine proteases (MASP)-1 and MASP-3 independent in vivo. Clin Exp Immunol. 2014;176:84-92 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that MASP-1 and MASP-3 are not essential for alternative pathway activation in complete FH deficiency. ..
- Krogh S, Holt C, Steffensen R, Funck K, Høyem P, Laugesen E, et al. Plasma levels of MASP-1, MASP-3 and MAp44 in patients with type 2 diabetes: influence of glycaemic control, body composition and polymorphisms in the MASP1 gene. Clin Exp Immunol. 2017;189:103-112 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the MASP1 gene may contribute to altered plasma levels of the belonging gene products; MASP-1, MASP-3 and mannan-binding ..
- Endo Y, Takahashi M, Nakao M, Saiga H, Sekine H, Matsushita M, et al. Two lineages of mannose-binding lectin-associated serine protease (MASP) in vertebrates. J Immunol. 1998;161:4924-30 pubmed..Furthermore, the presence of MASP or MASP-like sequences in most vertebrate species suggests that the lectin pathway functions extensively in vertebrates and that its origin is traced back to the invertebrate stage...
- La Bonte L, Pavlov V, Tan Y, Takahashi K, Takahashi M, Banda N, et al. Mannose-binding lectin-associated serine protease-1 is a significant contributor to coagulation in a murine model of occlusive thrombosis. J Immunol. 2012;188:885-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings indicate that MBL/MASP complexes, and specifically MASP-1, play a key role in thrombus formation in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Møller Kristensen M, Thiel S, Sjoholm A, Matsushita M, Jensenius J. Cooperation between MASP-1 and MASP-2 in the generation of C3 convertase through the MBL pathway. Int Immunol. 2007;19:141-9 pubmed
- Liu Y, Endo Y, Homma S, Kanno K, Yaginuma H, Fujita T. Ficolin A and ficolin B are expressed in distinct ontogenic patterns and cell types in the mouse. Mol Immunol. 2005;42:1265-73 pubmed..Thus, the different spatial-temporal expression patterns of ficolins A and B suggest that these molecules play distinct roles in the prenatal and postnatal stages. ..
- Banda N, Takahashi M, Takahashi K, Stahl G, Hyatt S, Glogowska M, et al. Mechanisms of mannose-binding lectin-associated serine proteases-1/3 activation of the alternative pathway of complement. Mol Immunol. 2011;49:281-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that MASP-1 does not require binding to MBL-A, MBL-C, or FCN-A to activate the AP. MASP-1 may cleave pro-Df into mature Df through binding to FCN-B or to an unknown protein, or may function as an unbound soluble protein. ..
- Gorelik A, Sapir T, Haffner Krausz R, Olender T, Woodruff T, Reiner O. Developmental activities of the complement pathway in migrating neurons. Nat Commun. 2017;8:15096 pubmed publisher..The complement pathway converges to cleave C3. Here we show that key proteins in the lectin arm of this pathway, MASP1, MASP2 and C3, are expressed in the developing cortex and that neuronal migration is impaired in knockout and ..
- Takahashi A, Takayama Y, Hatsuse H, Kawakami M. Presence of a serine protease in the complement-activating component of the complement-dependent bactericidal factor, RaRF, in mouse serum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;190:681-7 pubmed..The full sequence was found to have characteristics of a serine protease and exhibited 29% and 30% homologies with those of light chains of the C1r and C1s subcomponents of complement, respectively. ..
- Takayama Y, Takada F, Takahashi A, Kawakami M. A 100-kDa protein in the C4-activating component of Ra-reactive factor is a new serine protease having module organization similar to C1r and C1s. J Immunol. 1994;152:2308-16 pubmedRa-reactive factor (RaRF), a C-dependent bactericidal factor in mice, is composed of one polysaccharide-binding component and one C4/C2-activating component...