Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mas1
Description: MAS1 oncogene
Alias: Mas-1, MasR, Mgra, proto-oncogene Mas, MAS proto-oncogene, Mas receptor, Mas-related G protein-coupled receptor a, angiotensin-(1-7) receptor
- Walther T, Balschun D, Voigt J, Fink H, Zuschratter W, Birchmeier C, et al. Sustained long term potentiation and anxiety in mice lacking the Mas protooncogene. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:11867-73 pubmed..Thus, Mas is an important modulating factor in the electrophysiology of the hippocampus and is involved in behavioral pathways in the adult brain. ..
- Cebra Thomas J, Tsai J, Pilder S, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Silver L. Localization of the Mas proto-oncogene to a densely marked region of mouse chromosome 17 associated with genomic imprinting. Genomics. 1992;13:444-6 pubmed..The data provide further evidence for the clustering of genes in a 1-Mb region of chromosome 17, with the absence of any identified genes in a nearby region likely to be six times larger. ..
- Wang Y, Shoemaker R, Powell D, Su W, Thatcher S, Cassis L. Differential effects of Mas receptor deficiency on cardiac function and blood pressure in obese male and female mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;312:H459-H468 pubmed publisherAngiotensin-(1-7) [ANG-(1-7)] acts at Mas receptors (MasR) to oppose effects of angiotensin II (ANG II)...
- Alsaadon H, Kruzliak P, Smardencas A, Hayes A, Bader M, Angus P, et al. Increased aortic intimal proliferation due to MasR deletion in vitro. Int J Exp Pathol. 2015;96:183-7 pubmed publisher..appear to involve increased production of nitric oxide (NO), an important vasodilator, through the activation of MasR, thus indicating the involvement of the MasR in preventing endothelial dysfunction...
- Pauler F, Stricker S, Warczok K, Barlow D. Long-range DNase I hypersensitivity mapping reveals the imprinted Igf2r and Air promoters share cis-regulatory elements. Genome Res. 2005;15:1379-87 pubmed..These results refine our understanding of the onset of imprinted silencing at this cluster and indicate the Air noncoding RNA may specifically target silencing to the Igf2r promoter. ..
- Wang Y, Wang J, Liu R, Qi H, Wen Y, Sun F, et al. Severe acute pancreatitis is associated with upregulation of the ACE2-angiotensin-(1-7)-Mas axis and promotes increased circulating angiotensin-(1-7). Pancreatology. 2012;12:451-7 pubmed publisher..Pancreatic ACE2 gene and protein expression, plasma and pancreatic angiotensin-(1-7) levels and Mas receptor gene and protein expression were significantly increased (p < 0...
- Silva A, Aguilar E, Alvarez Leite J, da Silva R, Arantes R, Bader M, et al. Mas receptor deficiency is associated with worsening of lipid profile and severe hepatic steatosis in ApoE-knockout mice. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2013;305:R1323-30 pubmed publisher..with the identification of additional molecules [such as angiotensin converting enzyme 2, ANG-(1-7), and Mas receptor] that might improve some pathophysiological processes in chronic inflammatory diseases...
- Suski M, Olszanecki R, Stachowicz A, Madej J, Bujak Gizycka B, Okon K, et al. The influence of angiotensin-(1-7) Mas receptor agonist (AVE 0991) on mitochondrial proteome in kidneys of apoE knockout mice. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1834:2463-9 pubmed publisher..Angiotensin-(1-7)/Mas receptor axis constitutes a countermeasure to the detrimental effects of angiotensin II on AT1 receptors...
- Alenina N, Bader M, Walther T. Imprinting of the murine MAS protooncogene is restricted to its antisense RNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;290:1072-8 pubmed..Our results strongly suggest that Mas is not imprinted in mice but that an antisense RNA probably starting in the neighboring Igf2r gene is maternally imprinted in both embryos and adult organs. ..
- Rakusan D, Burgelova M, Vaneckova I, Vanourková Z, Husková Z, Skaroupkova P, et al. Knockout of angiotensin 1-7 receptor Mas worsens the course of two-kidney, one-clip Goldblatt hypertension: roles of nitric oxide deficiency and enhanced vascular responsiveness to angiotensin II. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2010;33:476-88 pubmed publisher..The impairment in this axis may contribute to the deterioration of the course of 2K1C Goldblatt hypertension. ..
- Vasam G, Joshi S, Thatcher S, Bartelmez S, Cassis L, Jarajapu Y. Reversal of Bone Marrow Mobilopathy and Enhanced Vascular Repair by Angiotensin-(1-7) in Diabetes. Diabetes. 2017;66:505-518 pubmed publisherThe angiotensin (ANG)-(1-7)/Mas receptor (MasR) pathway activates vascular repair-relevant functions of bone marrow progenitor cells...
- Cuffe J, Walton S, Steane S, Singh R, Simmons D, Moritz K. The effects of gestational age and maternal hypoxia on the placental renin angiotensin system in the mouse. Placenta. 2014;35:953-61 pubmed publisher..CD1 mouse fetuses at seven gestational ages for qPCR analysis of Agt, Ren1, Atp6ap2, Ace, Ace2, Agtr1a, Agtr2 and Mas1. mRNA localisation of Agtr1 and Mas1 and protein localisation of ACE and ACE2 was determined at E18.5...
- Alenina N, BÃ¶hme I, Bader M, Walther T. Multiple non-coding exons and alternative splicing in the mouse Mas protooncogene. Gene. 2015;568:155-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results characterize the Mas protooncogene as the gene with the most complex gene structure of all described members of the gene family coding for G protein-coupled receptors. ..
- Walther T, Voigt J, Fink H, Bader M. Sex specific behavioural alterations in Mas-deficient mice. Behav Brain Res. 2000;107:105-9 pubmed..This implicates that the lack of Mas protein influences spatial learning and anxiety in a sex-specific manner. ..
- Sahr A, Wolke C, Maczewsky J, Krippeit Drews P, Tetzner A, Drews G, et al. The Angiotensin-(1-7)/Mas Axis Improves Pancreatic ?-Cell Function in Vitro and in Vivo. Endocrinology. 2016;157:4677-4690 pubmed
- Silveira K, Barroso L, Vieira A, Cisalpino D, Lima C, Bader M, et al. Beneficial effects of the activation of the angiotensin-(1-7) MAS receptor in a murine model of adriamycin-induced nephropathy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66082 pubmed publisher..Here, we evaluated whether activation of the Mas receptor with the oral agonist, AVE 0991, would have renoprotective effects in a model of adriamycin (ADR)-induced ..
- Zwart R, Verhaagh S, De Jong J, Lyon M, Barlow D. Genetic analysis of the organic cation transporter genes Orct2/Slc22a2 and Orct3/Slc22a3 reduces the critical region for the t haplotype mutant t(w73) to 200 kb. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:734-40 pubmed..The results eliminate both Orct2 and Orct3 as candidates and further reduce the critical region containing the t(w73) mutant from 500 kb to 200 kb. ..
- von Bohlen und Halbach O, Walther T, Bader M, Albrecht D. Genetic deletion of angiotensin AT2 receptor leads to increased cell numbers in different brain structures of mice. Regul Pept. 2001;99:209-16 pubmed..These results show the contrary effects of both angiotensin receptors on cell growth and represent the first demonstration of their action on neuronal cell development evidenced in the adult mouse brain. ..
- Cofré C, AcuÃ±a M, Contreras O, Morales M, Riquelme C, Cabello Verrugio C, et al. Transforming growth factor type-Î² inhibits Mas receptor expression in fibroblasts but not in myoblasts or differentiated myotubes; Relevance to fibrosis associated to muscular dystrophies. Biofactors. 2015;41:111-20 pubmed publisher..Ang-(1-7) effects are mediated by the Mas receptor. Treatment with Ang-(1-7) produce positive effects in the mdx mouse, normalizing skeletal muscle architecture, ..
- Hammer A, Yang G, Friedrich J, Kovacs A, Lee D, Grave K, et al. Role of the receptor Mas in macrophage-mediated inflammation in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:14109-14114 pubmed..Modulating the Mas axis may constitute an interesting therapeutic target in multiple sclerosis and/or atherosclerosis. ..
- Castro C, Santos R, Ferreira A, Bader M, Alenina N, Almeida A. Evidence for a functional interaction of the angiotensin-(1-7) receptor Mas with AT1 and AT2 receptors in the mouse heart. Hypertension. 2005;46:937-42 pubmed
- Morales M, Abrigo J, Meneses C, Simon F, Cisternas F, Rivera J, et al. The Ang-(1-7)/Mas-1 axis attenuates the expression and signalling of TGF-?1 induced by AngII in mouse skeletal muscle. Clin Sci (Lond). 2014;127:251-64 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings support the hypothesis that Ang-(1-7) decreases the expression and further biological activity of TGF-?1 induced by AngII in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Lin L, Liu X, Xu J, Weng L, Ren J, Ge J, et al. Mas receptor mediates cardioprotection of angiotensin-(1-7) against Angiotensin II-induced cardiomyocyte autophagy and cardiac remodelling through inhibition of oxidative stress. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:48-57 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, a role of Mas receptor in Ang-(1-7)-mediated action was assessed using A779 peptide, a selective Mas receptor antagonist...
- Freund M, Walther T, von Bohlen und Halbach O. Effects of the angiotensin-(1-7) receptor Mas on cell proliferation and on the population of doublecortin positive cells within the dentate gyrus and the piriform cortex. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2014;24:302-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, since deficiency for Mas increases the numbers of DCX-positive young neurons, blockage of Mas might be beneficial in stimulating neurogenesis in adults. ..
- Fang C, Stavrou E, Schmaier A, Grobe N, Morris M, Chen A, et al. Angiotensin 1-7 and Mas decrease thrombosis in Bdkrb2-/- mice by increasing NO and prostacyclin to reduce platelet spreading and glycoprotein VI activation. Blood. 2013;121:3023-32 pubmed publisher..In Bdkrb2(-/-), combined AT2R and Mas overexpression produce elevated plasma prostacyclin and NO leading to acquired platelet function defects and thrombosis delay. ..
- Peiro C, Vallejo S, Gembardt F, Palacios E, Novella S, Azcutia V, et al. Complete blockade of the vasorelaxant effects of angiotensin-(1-7) and bradykinin in murine microvessels by antagonists of the receptor Mas. J Physiol. 2013;591:2275-85 pubmed publisher..Importantly, Mas also appears to be a critical player in NO-mediated vasodilatation induced by renin-angiotensin system-independent agonists by altering phosphorylation of NO synthase. ..
- Iwai M, Nakaoka H, Senba I, Kanno H, Moritani T, Horiuchi M. Possible involvement of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 and Mas activation in inhibitory effects of angiotensin II Type 1 receptor blockade on vascular remodeling. Hypertension. 2012;60:137-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that activation of the ACE2-angiotensin-(1-7)-Mas axis is at least partly involved in the beneficial effects of angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockade on vascular remodeling. ..
- Zhang T, Li Z, Dang H, Chen R, Liaw C, Tran T, et al. Inhibition of Mas G-protein signaling improves coronary blood flow, reduces myocardial infarct size, and provides long-term cardioprotection. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2012;302:H299-311 pubmed publisherThe Mas receptor is a class I G-protein-coupled receptor that is expressed in brain, testis, heart, and kidney. The intracellular signaling pathways activated downstream of Mas are still largely unknown...
- Oliveira Lima O, Pinto M, Duchene J, Qadri F, Souza L, Alenina N, et al. Mas receptor deficiency exacerbates lipopolysaccharide-induced cerebral and systemic inflammation in mice. Immunobiology. 2015;220:1311-21 pubmed publisher..In this study, we evaluated the effect of genetic deletion of Mas receptor in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced systemic and cerebral inflammation in mice...
- Jones P, Savory R, Barratt P, Bell A, Gray T, Jenkins N, et al. Chromosomal localisation, inducibility, tissue-specific expression and strain differences in three murine peroxisome-proliferator-activated-receptor genes. Eur J Biochem. 1995;233:219-26 pubmed..Polymorphism in the size of PPAR alpha RNA from Swiss-Webster mice was detected, and shown to be due to a 2-bp mutation in the 3' non-coding region of PPAR alpha in Swiss Webster mice. ..
- Zhang Y, Ma L, Wu J, Chen T. Hydronephrosis alters cardiac ACE2 and Mas receptor expression in mice. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2015;16:267-74 pubmed publisher..However, whether alterations of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), ACE2 and Mas receptor in the heart are observed in hydronephrosis is unknown...
- Johnson H, Hanson L, Chen Y, Bieber A, Buono R, Ferraro T, et al. Quantitative trait loci analysis reveals candidate genes implicated in regulating functional deficit and CNS vascular permeability in CD8 T cell-initiated blood-brain barrier disruption. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:678 pubmed publisher..These genes encode for factors that may be potential targets for therapeutic approaches to treat disorders characterized by CD8 T cell-mediated BBB disruption. ..
- Magalhães G, Rodrigues Machado M, Motta Santos D, Alenina N, Bader M, Santos R, et al. Chronic allergic pulmonary inflammation is aggravated in angiotensin-(1-7) Mas receptor knockout mice. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2016;311:L1141-L1148 pubmed publisherThe angiotensin-(1-7) [ANG-(1-7)]/Mas receptor pathway is currently recognized as a counterbalancing mechanism of the renin-angiotensin system in different pathophysiological conditions...
- al Ubaidi M, Brock D, Siciliano M. Assignment of the homolog of the MAS1 oncogene to mouse chromosome 17. Genomics. 1992;13:487 pubmed
- Botelho Santos G, Bader M, Alenina N, Santos R. Altered regional blood flow distribution in Mas-deficient mice. Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis. 2012;6:201-11 pubmed publisher..The decrease in blood flow ranged from 34% (spleen) to 55% (brown fat tissue). These results suggest that the Ang-(1-7)/Mas axis plays an important role in regional and systemic hemodynamic adjustments in mice. ..
- Sobrino A, Vallejo S, Novella S, Lázaro Franco M, Mompeón A, Bueno Betí C, et al. Mas receptor is involved in the estrogen-receptor induced nitric oxide-dependent vasorelaxation. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;129:67-72 pubmed publisherThe Mas receptor is involved in the angiotensin (Ang)-(1-7) vasodilatory actions by increasing nitric oxide production (NO)...
- Wang L, Liang J, Leung P. The ACE2/Ang-(1-7)/Mas Axis Regulates the Development of Pancreatic Endocrine Cells in Mouse Embryos. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0128216 pubmed publisher..The present experiments showed in an in vivo animal model that endogenous expression levels of ACE2 and the Mas receptor were upregulated in mouse pancreata in late embryogenesis, peaking on embryonic day E16...
- Wang L, de Kloet A, Pati D, Hiller H, Smith J, Pioquinto D, et al. Increasing brain angiotensin converting enzyme 2 activity decreases anxiety-like behavior in male mice by activating central Mas receptors. Neuropharmacology. 2016;105:114-123 pubmed publisher..activity by converting angiotensin-II, the effector peptide of RAS, to angiotensin-(1-7), which activates the Mas receptor (MasR). Whether increasing brain ACE2 activity reduces anxiety by stimulating central MasR is unknown...
- Pernomian L, do Prado A, Gomes M, Pernomian L, da Silva C, Gerlach R, et al. MAS receptors mediate vasoprotective and atheroprotective effects of candesartan upon the recovery of vascular angiotensin-converting enzyme 2-angiotensin-(1-7)-MAS axis functionality. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015;764:173-88 pubmed publisher
- Zohn I, Symons M, Chrzanowska Wodnicka M, Westwick J, Der C. Mas oncogene signaling and transformation require the small GTP-binding protein Rac. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:1225-35 pubmed..Thus, Rho family proteins are common mediators of transformation by a diverse variety of oncogene proteins that include Ras, Dbl family, and G-protein-coupled oncogene proteins. ..
- Fraga Silva R, Pinheiro S, Gonçalves A, Alenina N, Bader M, Santos R. The antithrombotic effect of angiotensin-(1-7) involves mas-mediated NO release from platelets. Mol Med. 2008;14:28-35 pubmed..More importantly, we showed that the antithrombotic effect of Ang-(1-7) in vivo is Mas dependent and that Mas is functionally important in hemostasis. ..
- Dadam F, Cisternas C, Macchione A, Godino A, Antunes Rodrigues J, Cambiasso M, et al. Sex chromosome complement involvement in angiotensin receptor sexual dimorphism. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2017;447:98-105 pubmed publisher..SCC) may differentially modulate sex differences in relative gene expression of basal Agtr1a, Agtr2, and Mas1 receptors at fore/hindbrain nuclei and at medulla/cortical kidney...
- Zimmerman D, Zimpelmann J, Xiao F, Gutsol A, Touyz R, Burns K. The effect of angiotensin-(1-7) in mouse unilateral ureteral obstruction. Am J Pathol. 2015;185:729-40 pubmed publisherAngiotensin-(1-7) is a ligand for the Mas receptor and may protect against tissue injury associated with renin-angiotensin system activation...
- de Moura M, dos Santos R, Campagnole Santos M, Todiras M, Bader M, Alenina N, et al. Altered cardiovascular reflexes responses in conscious Angiotensin-(1-7) receptor Mas-knockout mice. Peptides. 2010;31:1934-9 pubmed publisher..These results further advances previous studies by showing that the lack of Mas receptor induced important imbalance in the neural control of blood pressure, altering not only the baroreflex but also ..
- Santos S, Fernandes L, Mario E, Ferreira A, Pôrto L, Alvarez Leite J, et al. Mas deficiency in FVB/N mice produces marked changes in lipid and glycemic metabolism. Diabetes. 2008;57:340-7 pubmed..These results show that Mas deficiency in FVB/N mice leads to dramatic changes in glucose and lipid metabolisms, inducing a metabolic syndrome-like state. ..
- Dias Peixoto M, Santos R, Gomes E, Alves M, Almeida P, Greco L, et al. Molecular mechanisms involved in the angiotensin-(1-7)/Mas signaling pathway in cardiomyocytes. Hypertension. 2008;52:542-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, chronic Mas-deficiency leads to impaired Ca(2+) handling in cardiomyocytes. Collectively, these observations reveal a key role for the Ang-(1-7)/Mas axis as a modulator of cardiomyocyte function. ..
- Freund M, Walther T, von Bohlen und Halbach O. Immunohistochemical localization of the angiotensin-(1-7) receptor Mas in the murine forebrain. Cell Tissue Res. 2012;348:29-35 pubmed publisher..Based on the expression of Mas protein in the cortex and the limbic system, angiotensin-(1-7) signaling may play a role in synaptic plasticity, learning, memory and emotion, as has been described for angiotensin II and IV. ..
- Lee R, Bader M, Alenina N, Santos R, Gao Y, Lu C. Mas receptors in modulating relaxation induced by perivascular adipose tissue. Life Sci. 2011;89:467-72 pubmed publisher..b>Mas receptor antagonists D-Ala-Ang-(1-7) (A779) or D-Pro(7)-Ang-(1-7) enhanced the contraction induced by PHE only in ..
- Alenina N, Xu P, Rentzsch B, Patkin E, Bader M. Genetically altered animal models for Mas and angiotensin-(1-7). Exp Physiol. 2008;93:528-37 pubmed..In conclusion, the angiotensin-(1-7)-Mas axis has important functional implications for vascular regulation and blood pressure control, particularly in pathophysiological situations. ..
- Costa A, Romero T, Pacheco D, Perez A, Savernini A, Santos R, et al. Participation of AT1 and Mas receptors in the modulation of inflammatory pain. Peptides. 2014;61:17-22 pubmed publisher..b>Mas receptor KO mice exhibited major inflammatory pain compared to wild-type mice...
- Cui Z, Yokoi N, Kuramoto T, Kitada K, Serikawa T. Extension of conserved regions in the rat and mouse genomes by chromosomal assignments of 29 rat genes. Exp Anim. 1998;47:83-8 pubmed..In addition, four conserved regions were newly revealed. The method described in this study appears to be simple and efficient for constructing a whole genome comparative map of the rat and mouse. ..
- Rooney R, Daniels R, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Rothammer K, Morris S, et al. Chromosomal location and tissue expression of the gene encoding the adenovirus E1A-regulated transcription factor E4F in humans and mice. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:320-3 pubmed
- Meighan Mantha R, Hsu D, Guo Y, Brown S, Feng S, Peifley K, et al. The mitogen-inducible Fn14 gene encodes a type I transmembrane protein that modulates fibroblast adhesion and migration. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:33166-76 pubmed..These results indicate that Fn14 is a novel plasma membrane-spanning molecule that may play a role in cell-matrix interactions. ..
- Giani J, Miquet J, Muñoz M, Burghi V, Toblli J, Masternak M, et al. Upregulation of the angiotensin-converting enzyme 2/angiotensin-(1-7)/Mas receptor axis in the heart and the kidney of growth hormone receptor knock-out mice. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2012;22:224-33 pubmed publisher..determine if there is a shift in the balance of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) towards the ACE2/Ang-(1-7)/Mas receptor axis in the heart and the kidney of a model of GH resistance and retarded aging, the GH receptor knockout (GHR-/..
- Rabello Casali K, Ravizzoni Dartora D, Moura M, Bertagnolli M, Bader M, Haibara A, et al. Increased vascular sympathetic modulation in mice with Mas receptor deficiency. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2016;17:1470320316643643 pubmed publisher..12Â±0.11 vs 0.47Â±0.34 mmHg(2)). The deletion of Mas receptor is associated with an increase of SAP and with an increased BPV, indicating alterations in autonomic control...
- Wang H, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Tessier Lavigne M. Netrin-3, a mouse homolog of human NTN2L, is highly expressed in sensory ganglia and shows differential binding to netrin receptors. J Neurosci. 1999;19:4938-47 pubmed..Thus, like netrin-1, netrin-3 may also function in axon guidance during development but may function predominantly in the development of the peripheral nervous system and may act primarily through netrin receptors other than DCC. ..
- Hellner K, Walther T, Schubert M, Albrecht D. Angiotensin-(1-7) enhances LTP in the hippocampus through the G-protein-coupled receptor Mas. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;29:427-35 pubmed
- Ali Q, Dhande I, Samuel P, Hussain T. Angiotensin type 2 receptor null mice express reduced levels of renal angiotensin II type 2 receptor/angiotensin (1-7)/Mas receptor and exhibit greater high-fat diet-induced kidney injury. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..II (Ang II)/angiotensin type 1 receptor (AT1R) and protective ACE2/angiotensin (1-7) (Ang-(1-7))/Mas receptor (MasR) axes...
- Gwathmey T, Westwood B, Pirro N, Tang L, Rose J, Diz D, et al. Nuclear angiotensin-(1-7) receptor is functionally coupled to the formation of nitric oxide. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;299:F983-90 pubmed publisher..Since Ang-(1-7) also exhibits actions within the kidney and the Ang-(1-7)/Mas receptor protein contains a nuclear localization sequence, we determined the expression of Ang-(1-7) receptors in nuclei ..
- Stavrou E, Fang C, Merkulova A, Alhalabi O, Grobe N, Antoniak S, et al. Reduced thrombosis in Klkb1-/- mice is mediated by increased Mas receptor, prostacyclin, Sirt1, and KLF4 and decreased tissue factor. Blood. 2015;125:710-9 pubmed publisher..This pathway arises when bradykinin delivery to vasculature is compromised and mediated by increased receptor Mas, prostacyclin, Sirt1, and KLF4, leading to reduced vascular TF. ..
- Schweifer N, Valk P, Delwel R, Cox R, Francis F, Meier Ewert S, et al. Characterization of the C3 YAC contig from proximal mouse chromosome 17 and analysis of allelic expression of genes flanking the imprinted Igf2r gene. Genomics. 1997;43:285-97 pubmed..The remaining genes in this region have previously been shown to be biallelically expressed. ..
- Cisternas F, Morales M, Meneses C, Simon F, Brandan E, Abrigo J, et al. Angiotensin-(1-7) decreases skeletal muscle atrophy induced by angiotensin II through a Mas receptor-dependent mechanism. Clin Sci (Lond). 2015;128:307-19 pubmed publisher..that Ang-(1-7) counteracts the skeletal muscle atrophy induced by AngII through a mechanism dependent on the Mas receptor, which involves AKT activity...
- Morales M, Abrigo J, AcuÃ±a M, Santos R, Bader M, Brandan E, et al. Angiotensin-(1-7) attenuates disuse skeletal muscle atrophy in mice via its receptor, Mas. Dis Model Mech. 2016;9:441-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we assessed the functions of Ang-(1-7) and the Mas receptor in disuse muscle atrophyin vivousing unilateral cast immobilization of the hind limb in male, 12-week-old wild-..
- da Costa Goncalves A, Leite R, Fraga Silva R, Pinheiro S, Reis A, Reis F, et al. Evidence that the vasodilator angiotensin-(1-7)-Mas axis plays an important role in erectile function. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H2588-96 pubmed..Furthermore, the attenuated erectile function of DOCA-salt hypertensive rats was fully restored by ANG-(1-7) administration. Together these data provide strong evidence for a key role of the ANG-(1-7)-Mas axis in erectile function. ..
- Riesewijk A, Schepens M, Mariman E, Ropers H, Kalscheuer V. The MAS proto-oncogene is not imprinted in humans. Genomics. 1996;35:380-2 pubmed..In all tissues examined, including tongue, biallelic expression of the MAS gene was observed. Hence both MAS and the neighboring IGF2R gene are not imprinted in humans. ..
- Xu P, Santos R, Bader M, Alenina N. Alterations in gene expression in the testis of angiotensin-(1-7)-receptor Mas-deficient mice. Regul Pept. 2007;138:51-5 pubmed..Three of these genes, coding for proteins involved in mitochondrial function and steroidogenesis, become henceforth targets for our continuing search for the physiological function of Mas in testis. ..
- Souza L, Duchene J, Todiras M, Azevedo L, Costa Neto C, Alenina N, et al. Receptor MAS protects mice against hypothermia and mortality induced by endotoxemia. Shock. 2014;41:331-6 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our findings suggest that Ang-(1-7) and Mas inhibit LPS-induced cytokine production and hypothermia and thereby protect mice from the fatal consequences of endotoxemia. ..