Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mark3
Description: MAP/microtubule affinity regulating kinase 3
Alias: 1600015G02Rik, A430080F22Rik, C-TAK1, ETK-1, ETK1, Emk2, MPK10, MAP/microtubule affinity-regulating kinase 3, ELKL motif kinase 2, EMK-2, EMK2/MARK3 serine-threonine protein kinase, MPK-10
- Kwan J, Sczaniecka A, Heidary Arash E, Nguyen L, Chen C, Ratkovic S, et al. DLG5 connects cell polarity and Hippo signaling protein networks by linking PAR-1 with MST1/2. Genes Dev. 2016;30:2696-2709 pubmed publisher..MST1/2 and large tumor suppressor homologs 1/2 (LATS1/2), uses its scaffolding function to link MST1/2 with MARK3, and inhibits MST1/2 kinase activity...
- Tochio N, Koshiba S, Kobayashi N, Inoue M, Yabuki T, Aoki M, et al. Solution structure of the kinase-associated domain 1 of mouse microtubule-associated protein/microtubule affinity-regulating kinase 3. Protein Sci. 2006;15:2534-43 pubmed..In this study, we determined the solution structure of the KA1 domain of mouse MARK3 by NMR spectroscopy...
- Wang C, You Z, Xia Q, Xiong T, Xia Y, Yao D. Upregulation of Mark3 and Rpgrip1 mRNA expression by jujuboside A in mouse hippocampus. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2007;28:334-8 pubmed..01 vs control) at a dosage of 80 mg/kg, and the genes MAP/microtubule affinity-regulating kinase3 (Mark3) and retinitis pigmentosa GTPase regulator interacting protein1 (Rpgrip1) were upregulated by JuA in the mouse ..
- Heisig J, Weber D, Englberger E, Winkler A, Kneitz S, Sung W, et al. Target gene analysis by microarrays and chromatin immunoprecipitation identifies HEY proteins as highly redundant bHLH repressors. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002728 pubmed publisher..These data clearly establish the three HEY bHLH factors as highly redundant transcriptional repressors in vitro and in vivo, which explains the combinatorial action observed in different tissues with overlapping expression. ..
- Calabrese G, Mesner L, Stains J, Tommasini S, Horowitz M, Rosen C, et al. Integrating GWAS and Co-expression Network Data Identifies Bone Mineral Density Genes SPTBN1 and MARK3 and an Osteoblast Functional Module. Cell Syst. 2017;4:46-59.e4 pubmed publisher..We experimentally confirmed that two of the genes predicted to be causal, SPTBN1 and MARK3, are potentially responsible for the effects of GWAS loci on chromosomes 2p16.2 and 14q32.32, respectively...