Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mapk8ip3
Description: mitogen-activated protein kinase 8 interacting protein 3
Alias: BB120594, D17Wsu15e, JIP-3, JSAP1, JSAP1a, JSAP1b, JSAP1c, JSAP1d, Jip3, Syd2, mKIAA1066, C-Jun-amino-terminal kinase-interacting protein 3, JNK MAP kinase scaffold protein 3, JNK-interacting protein 3, JNK/SAPK-associated protein 1, JNK/SAPK-associated protein 1c, JUN/SAPK-associated protein 1, c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase (JNK)/stress-activated protein kinase-associated protein 1, mitogen activated protein kinase 8 interacting protein 3, mitogen-activated protein kinase 8-interacting protein 3, sunday driver 2
- Cargo of kinesin identified as JIP scaffolding proteins and associated signaling moleculesK J Verhey
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 152:959-70. 2001....
- Kinesin-dependent axonal transport is mediated by the sunday driver (SYD) proteinA B Bowman
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cell 103:583-94. 2000..We propose that SYD mediates the axonal transport of at least one class of vesicles by interacting directly with KLC...
- JSAP1, a novel jun N-terminal protein kinase (JNK)-binding protein that functions as a Scaffold factor in the JNK signaling pathwayM Ito
Department of Biosciences, School of Science, Kitasato University, Kanagawa 228, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 19:7539-48. 1999..mouse protein, termed Jun N-terminal protein kinase (JNK)/stress-activated protein kinase-associated protein 1 (JSAP1), by a yeast two-hybrid screen, using JNK3 MAPK as the bait...
- Interaction of a mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling module with the neuronal protein JIP3N Kelkar
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Program in Molecular Medicine, Department of Biochemistry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:1030-43. 2000..Here we describe the molecular cloning of a putative molecular scaffold protein, JIP3, that binds the protein kinase components of a JNK signaling module and facilitates JNK activation in cultured ..
- JSAP1/JIP3 cooperates with focal adhesion kinase to regulate c-Jun N-terminal kinase and cell migrationTakahisa Takino
Department of Molecular Virology, Cancer Research Institute, Division of Neuroscience, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:37772-81. 2005c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK)/stress-activated protein kinase-associated protein 1 (JSAP1) (also termed JNK-interacting protein 3; JIP3) is a member of a family of scaffold factors for the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) cascades,..
- Role of the JIP4 scaffold protein in the regulation of mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathwaysNyaya Kelkar
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 373 Plantation St, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:2733-43. 2005The c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase (JNK)-interacting protein (JIP) group of scaffold proteins (JIP1, JIP2, and JIP3) can interact with components of the JNK signaling pathway and potently activate JNK...
- Impairment of cardiomyogenesis in embryonic stem cells lacking scaffold protein JSAP1Tokiharu Sato
Division of Cell Cycle Regulation, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 0934, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 338:1152-7. 2005We previously reported that c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase (JNK)/stress-activated protein kinase-associated protein 1 (JSAP1), a scaffold protein for JNK signaling, is important in embryonic stem (ES) cells during neurogenesis...
- Expression and distribution of JNK/SAPK-associated scaffold protein JSAP1 in developing and adult mouse brainEriko Miura
Department of Anatomy, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Neurochem 97:1431-46. 2006..JNK/SAPK-associated protein 1 (JSAP1 also referred to as JIP3) is a JNK-associated scaffold that controls the specificity and efficiency of JNK ..
- FSCB, a novel protein kinase A-phosphorylated calcium-binding protein, is a CABYR-binding partner involved in late steps of fibrous sheath biogenesisYan feng Li
Center for Research in Contraceptive and Reproductive Health, Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 282:34104-19. 2007..Due to its temporal appearance during spermiogenesis and location at the cortex of the fibrous sheath, FSCB is postulated to be involved in the later stages of fibrous sheath assembly...
- Neural-specific ablation of the scaffold protein JSAP1 in mice causes neonatal deathAsuka Iwanaga
Division of Molecular Cell Signaling, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa 920 0934, Japan
Neurosci Lett 429:43-8. 2007We previously identified c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase (JNK)/stress-activated protein kinase-associated protein 1 (JSAP1, also known as JNK-interacting protein 3) as a scaffolding factor for JNK intracellular signaling pathways...
- Morphogenetic lung defects of JSAP1-deficient embryos proceeds via the disruptions of the normal expressions of cytoskeletal and chaperone proteinsHye Yeong Ha
Division of Nano Sciences and Brain Disease Research Institute, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Proteomics 8:1071-80. 2008Recent studies have shown that JNK/stress-activated protein kinase-associated protein 1 (JSAP1)-deficient mice die from respiratory failure shortly after birth...
- The scaffold protein JSAP1 regulates proliferation and differentiation of cerebellar granule cell precursors by modulating JNK signalingTokiharu Sato
Division of Molecular Cell Signaling, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 0934, Japan
Mol Cell Neurosci 39:569-78. 2008..Here we report that JSAP1, a scaffold protein for JNK signaling pathways, is expressed predominantly in the post-mitotic GCPs of the inner ..
- Oxidative stress-induced JNK activation contributes to proinflammatory phenotype of aging diabetic mesangial cellsJin Wu
Divison of Experimental Diabetes and Aging, Department of Geriatrics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F1622-31. 2009..Proinflammatory phenotype of mesangial cells may contribute to chronic inflammatory lesions and disease progression of aging diabetic mice...
- Sunday driver interacts with two distinct classes of axonal organellesNamiko Abe
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 284:34628-39. 2009..We reported previously that the motor-binding protein Sunday Driver (syd), also known as JIP3 or JSAP1, links vesicular axonal transport to injury signaling...
- The scaffold protein JIP3 functions as a downstream effector of the small GTPase ARF6 to regulate neurite morphogenesis of cortical neuronsAtsushi Suzuki
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
FEBS Lett 584:2801-6. 2010..We identified the signaling scaffold protein JNK-interacting protein 3 (JIP3), which is exclusively expressed in neurons, as a downstream effector of ARF6...
- JNK/stress-activated protein kinase associated protein 1 is required for early development of telencephalic commissures in embryonic brainsIk Hyun Cho
Department of Anatomy, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Korea
Exp Mol Med 43:462-70. 2011We previously reported that mice lacking JSAP1 (jsap1-/-) were lethal and the brain of jsap1-/- at E18...
- Sunday Driver/JIP3 binds kinesin heavy chain directly and enhances its motilityFaneng Sun
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University in St Louis, School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
EMBO J 30:3416-29. 2011..We report that the adaptor protein Sunday Driver (syd, also known as JIP3 or JSAP1) interacts directly with KHC, in addition to and independently of its known interaction with KLC...
- Sunday Driver links axonal transport to damage signalingValeria Cavalli
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Cell Biol 168:775-87. 2005..Finally, we found that injury induces an enhanced interaction between syd and dynactin. Thus, a mobile axonal JNK-syd complex may generate a transport-dependent axonal damage surveillance system...
- The axon guidance defect of the telencephalic commissures of the JSAP1-deficient brain was partially rescued by the transgenic expression of JIP1Hye Yeong Ha
Department of Neuroscience, Neuroscience Research Center and Medical Research Institute, Ewha Womans University School of Medicine, Seoul 110 783, Korea
Dev Biol 277:184-99. 2005The JNK interacting protein, JSAP1, has been identified as a scaffold protein for mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signaling pathways and as a linker protein for the cargo transport along the axons...
- Eleven densely clustered genes, six of them novel, in 176 kb of mouse t-complex DNAG J Kargul
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224 6820 USA
Genome Res 10:916-23. 2000..embryonic collections, including Igfals (previously placed on chromosome 17), Nubp2 (a fully characterized gene), Jsap1 (a JNK-binding protein), Rsp29 (the mouse homologue of the rat gene), Ndk3 (a nucleoside diphosphate kinase), and ..
- Isoforms of JSAP1 scaffold protein generated through alternative splicingM Ito
Department of Biosciences, School of Science, Kitasato University, Sagamihara, 228 8555, Kanagawa, Japan
Gene 255:229-34. 2000..1 (JSAP1), a scaffold protein that participates in JNK mitogen-activated protein kinase cascades, termed JSAP1a, JSAP1b, JSAP1c, and JSAP1d. The previously identified JSAP1 was renamed JSAP1a to avoid confusion...
- Expression of JNK cascade scaffold protein JSAP1 in the mouse nervous systemM Akechi
Molecular Biology, Department of Biosciences, School of Science, Kitasato University, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Neurosci Res 39:391-400. 2001..We have earlier reported a scaffold protein JSAP1 (also known as JIP3) in the JNK MAPK cascade...
- Random monoallelic expression of three genes clustered within 60 kb of mouse t complex genomic DNAY Sano
Developmental Genomics and Aging Section, Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Genome Res 11:1833-41. 2001..Here we report three additional genes, Nubp2, Igfals, and Jsap1, that show 50%-methylated CpG sites by Southern blot analyses and primarily monoallelic expression in single-cell ..
- Arthritis in MRL/lpr mice is under the control of multiple gene loci with an allelic combination derived from the original inbred strainsJunji Kamogawa
Ehime University School of Medicine, Shigenobu, Onsen gun, Ehime, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 46:1067-74. 2002..To clarify the mode of inheritance and the genome origins of arthritis in a lupus-prone strain of mice, MRL/MpJ, bearing a Fas deletion mutant gene, lpr (MRL/lpr)...
- Differential expression and/or activation of P38MAPK, erk1/2, and jnk during the initiation and progression of prostate cancerAarti R Uzgare
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Prostate 55:128-39. 2003....
- Morphogenesis of the telencephalic commissure requires scaffold protein JNK-interacting protein 3 (JIP3)Nyaya Kelkar
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 373 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:9843-8. 2003The murine JNK-interacting protein 3 (JIP3) protein (also known as JSAP1) is expressed exclusively in neurons and has been identified as a scaffold protein for the c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase (JNK) signaling pathway and as an adapter ..
- JNK-interacting protein 3 associates with Toll-like receptor 4 and is involved in LPS-mediated JNK activationTetsuya Matsuguchi
Division of Host Defense, Center for Neural Disease and Cancer, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
EMBO J 22:4455-64. 2003..with the cytoplasmic domain of mouse TLR4 by yeast two-hybrid screening and identified JNK-interacting protein 3 (JIP3), a scaffold protein for JNK, as a TLR4-associated protein...
- In vitro development of mouse embryonic stem cells lacking JNK/stress-activated protein kinase-associated protein 1 (JSAP1) scaffold protein revealed its requirement during early embryonic neurogenesisPing Xu
Division of Neurofunctional Genomics, Department of Immunobiology and Neuroscience, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University and CREST, Japan Science and Technology Corp, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:48422-33. 2003The Jsap1 gene encodes a scaffold protein for c-Jun N-terminal kinase cascades...
- Platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) receptor-alpha-activated c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase-1 is critical for PDGF-induced p21WAF1/CIP1 promoter activity independent of p53Jiuhong Yu
Department of Pathology, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 278:49582-8. 2003..These results provide a molecular basis for differential regulation of the cell cycle and transformation by alpha- and beta-PDGFRs...
- NF-kappaB RelA opposes epidermal proliferation driven by TNFR1 and JNKJennifer Y Zhang
VA Palo Alto Healthcare System, Palo Alto, California 94305, USA
Genes Dev 18:17-22. 2004..Thus, RelA antagonizes TNFR1-JNK proliferative signals in epidermis and plays a nonredundant role in restraining epidermal growth...
- Activation mechanism of c-Jun amino-terminal kinase in the course of neural differentiation of P19 embryonic carcinoma cellsShoko Akiyama
Departments of Biochemistry and Clinical Oncology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, 4 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:36616-20. 2004..These results suggest that two distinct TAK1-MKK4-JNK signaling pathways are independently activated at the different intracellular locations and may participate in the regulation of the neural differentiation of P19 cells...
- Role of mitogen-activated protein kinase activation in injured and intact primary afferent neurons for mechanical and heat hypersensitivity after spinal nerve ligationKoichi Obata
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
J Neurosci 24:10211-22. 2004....
- DLK induces developmental neuronal degeneration via selective regulation of proapoptotic JNK activityArundhati Sengupta Ghosh
Neurodegeneration Laboratories, Department of Neuroscience, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Cell Biol 194:751-64. 2011..This specificity is dependent on interaction of DLK with the scaffolding protein JIP3 to form a specialized JNK signaling complex...
- Combining global genome and transcriptome approaches to identify the candidate genes of small-effect quantitative trait loci in collagen-induced arthritisXinhua Yu
Immunogenetics Group, University of Rostock, Schillingallee, 18055 Rostock, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 9:R3. 2007..Of these 117 genes, 21 were located inside the support intervals of the 8 small-effect QTL and thus were considered as candidate genes...