Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Macf1
Description: microtubule-actin crosslinking factor 1
Alias: ABP620, Acf7, Aclp7, MACF, R74989, mKIAA0465, microtubule-actin cross-linking factor 1, actin cross-linking family 7, actin-crosslinking protein 7, trabeculin alpha
- Antonellis P, Pollock L, Chou S, Hassan A, Geng R, Chen X, et al. ACF7 is a hair-bundle antecedent, positioned to integrate cuticular plate actin and somatic tubulin. J Neurosci. 2014;34:305-12 pubmed publisher..fusion protein in zebrafish and immunolabeling of vestibular and cochlear mouse hair cells, we show that Acf7a and ACF7 circumscribe, underlie, and are interwoven into the cuticular plate (CP), and they also encircle the basal body of ..
- Onishi M, Yasunaga T, Tanaka H, Nishimune Y, Nozaki M. Gene structure and evolution of testicular haploid germ cell-specific genes, Oxct2a and Oxct2b. Genomics. 2004;83:647-57 pubmed..Dot matrix and phylogenetic tree analyses demonstrated that multiple rounds of intrachromosomal gene conversion between the two loci occurred in each species independently. ..
- Chen H, Lin C, Lin C, Perez Olle R, Leung C, Liem R. The role of microtubule actin cross-linking factor 1 (MACF1) in the Wnt signaling pathway. Genes Dev. 2006;20:1933-45 pubmedb>MACF1 (microtubule actin cross-linking factor 1) is a multidomain protein that can associate with microfilaments and microtubules. We found that MACF1 was highly expressed in neuronal tissues and the foregut of embryonic day 8.5 (E8...
- May Simera H, Gumerson J, Gao C, Campos M, Cologna S, Beyer T, et al. Loss of MACF1 Abolishes Ciliogenesis and Disrupts Apicobasal Polarity Establishment in the Retina. Cell Rep. 2016;17:1399-1413 pubmed publisherMicrotubule actin crosslinking factor 1 (MACF1) plays a role in the coordination of microtubules and actin in multiple cellular processes. Here, we show that MACF1 is also critical for ciliogenesis in multiple cell types...
- Wan M, Cravatt B, Ring H, Zhang X, Francke U. Conserved chromosomal location and genomic structure of human and mouse fatty-acid amide hydrolase genes and evaluation of clasper as a candidate neurological mutation. Genomics. 1998;54:408-14 pubmed..FAAH protein levels were normal in clasper mouse tissues as determined by enzyme activity assays and Western blotting. ..
- Hu L, Su P, Yin C, Zhang Y, Li R, Yan K, et al. Microtubule actin crosslinking factor 1 promotes osteoblast differentiation by promoting ?-catenin/TCF1/Runx2 signaling axis. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:1574-1584 pubmed publisher..Microtubule actin crosslinking factor 1 (MACF1), a key cytoskeletal linker, has been shown to play key roles in signal transduction and in diverse cellular ..
- Hu L, Su P, Li R, Yan K, Chen Z, Shang P, et al. Knockdown of microtubule actin crosslinking factor 1 inhibits cell proliferation in MC3T3-E1 osteoblastic cells. BMB Rep. 2015;48:583-8 pubmedMicrotubule actin crosslinking factor 1 (MACF1), a widely expressed cytoskeletal linker, plays important roles in various cells by regulating cytoskeleton dynamics. However, its role in osteoblastic cells is not well understood...
- Lamberti A, Sanges C, Chambery A, Migliaccio N, Rosso F, Di Maro A, et al. Analysis of interaction partners for eukaryotic translation elongation factor 1A M-domain by functional proteomics. Biochimie. 2011;93:1738-46 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, a co-localization of SORBS2 and eEF1A was evidenced at level of plasma membrane, thus suggesting the involvement of eEF1A1 in novel key signal transduction complexes. ..
- Leonova E, Lomax M. Expression of the mouse Macf2 gene during inner ear development. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2002;105:67-78 pubmed..The Macf2 protein could be involved in the regulation of cytoskeletal connections to cellular junctions and play an important structural role in organs, such as the inner ear, that are subjected to strong mechanical forces. ..
- Bernier G, Pool M, Kilcup M, Alfoldi J, De Repentigny Y, Kothary R. Acf7 (MACF) is an actin and microtubule linker protein whose expression predominates in neural, muscle, and lung development. Dev Dyn. 2000;219:216-25 pubmed..We have previously reported the cloning and partial characterization of Acf7, a novel member of the plakin family. More recently, the full-length cDNA for mouse Acf7 has been reported...
- Qian A, Hu L, Gao X, Zhang W, Di S, Tian Z, et al. Large gradient high magnetic field affects the association of MACF1 with actin and microtubule cytoskeleton. Bioelectromagnetics. 2009;30:545-55 pubmed publisher..force fields on osteoblast-like cells (MG-63 and MC3T3-E1) viability, microtubule actin crosslinking factor 1 (MACF1) expression and its association with cytoskeleton were investigated...
- Antolik C, Catino D, O Neill A, Resneck W, Ursitti J, Bloch R. The actin binding domain of ACF7 binds directly to the tetratricopeptide repeat domains of rapsyn. Neuroscience. 2007;145:56-65 pubmed..Soc Gen Physiol Ser 52:177-195]. We are studying a protein of the spectrin superfamily, ACF7 (also known as MACF), as a postsynaptic cytoskeletal component of the neuromuscular junction...
- Ye T, Gordon C, Lai Y, Fujiwara Y, Peters L, Perkins A, et al. Ermap, a gene coding for a novel erythroid specific adhesion/receptor membrane protein. Gene. 2000;242:337-45 pubmed..Northern blot analysis and in-situ hybridization demonstrated that Ermap expression was restricted to fetal and adult erythroid tissues. ERMAP is likely a novel adhesion/receptor molecule specific for erythroid cells. ..
- Tomotsune D, Takihara Y, Berger J, Duhl D, Joo S, Kyba M, et al. A novel member of murine Polycomb-group proteins, Sex comb on midleg homolog protein, is highly conserved, and interacts with RAE28/mph1 in vitro. Differentiation. 1999;65:229-39 pubmed..Scmh1 maps to 4D1-D2.1 in mice. These data suggest that Scmh1 will have an important role in regulation of homeotic genes in embryogenesis and that the interaction with RAE28/mph1 is important in vivo. ..
- Sanchez Soriano N, Travis M, Dajas Bailador F, Gonçalves Pimentel C, Whitmarsh A, Prokop A. Mouse ACF7 and drosophila short stop modulate filopodia formation and microtubule organisation during neuronal growth. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2534-42 pubmed publisher..Expression data for the mammalian spectraplakin ACF7 and genetic analyses of the Drosophila spectraplakin Short stop (Shot) suggest an important role during ..
- Fassett J, Xu X, Kwak D, Wang H, Liu X, Hu X, et al. Microtubule Actin Cross-linking Factor 1 regulates cardiomyocyte microtubule distribution and adaptation to hemodynamic overload. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73887 pubmed publisher..Microtubule Actin Cross-linking Factor 1 (MACF1/Acf7) is a 600 kd spectraplakin that stabilizes and guides microtubule growth along actin filaments...
- Ka M, Jung E, Mueller U, Kim W. MACF1 regulates the migration of pyramidal neurons via microtubule dynamics and GSK-3 signaling. Dev Biol. 2014;395:4-18 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that microtubule actin crosslinking factor 1 (MACF1) determines neuronal positioning by regulating microtubule dynamics and mediating GSK-3 signaling during brain ..
- Liang Y, Shi C, Yang J, Chen H, Xia Y, Zhang P, et al. ACF7 regulates colonic permeability. Int J Mol Med. 2013;31:861-6 pubmed publisherColonic paracellular permeability is regulated by various factors, including dynamics of the cytoskeleton. Recently, ACF7 has been found to play a critical role in cytoskeletal dynamics as an essential integrator...
- Ka M, Kim W. Microtubule-Actin Crosslinking Factor 1 Is Required for Dendritic Arborization and Axon Outgrowth in the Developing Brain. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:6018-6032 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that microtubule-actin crosslinking factor 1 (MACF1) regulates dendritic arborization and axon outgrowth of developing pyramidal neurons by arranging cytoskeleton ..