Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lyz1
Description: lysozyme 1
Alias: Lyz, Lyzf3, Lzp-s, lysozyme C-1, 1,4-beta-N-acetylmuramidase C, P lysozyme structural, lysozyme C type P, lysozyme f3, renal amyloidosis
- Gregorieff A, Stange D, Kujala P, Begthel H, van den Born M, Korving J, et al. The ets-domain transcription factor Spdef promotes maturation of goblet and paneth cells in the intestinal epithelium. Gastroenterology. 2009;137:1333-45.e1-3 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated the role of the Wnt-responsive, Ets-domain transcription factor Spdef in the differentiation of goblet and Paneth cells...
- VanDussen K, Samuelson L. Mouse atonal homolog 1 directs intestinal progenitors to secretory cell rather than absorptive cell fate. Dev Biol. 2010;346:215-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, Math1 is a key effector directing multipotential precursors to adopt secretory and not absorptive cell fate. ..
- Mustata R, Van Loy T, Lefort A, Libert F, Strollo S, Vassart G, et al. Lgr4 is required for Paneth cell differentiation and maintenance of intestinal stem cells ex vivo. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:558-64 pubmed publisher..Our results identify LGR4 as a permissive factor in the Wnt pathway in the intestine and, as such, as a potential target for intestinal cancer therapy. ..
- Anjos Afonso F, Loizou J, Bradburn A, Kanu N, Purewal S, Da Costa C, et al. Perturbed hematopoiesis in mice lacking ATMIN. Blood. 2016;128:2017-2021 pubmed publisher..ATMIN, therefore, has multiple roles in different cell types, and its absence results in perturbed hematopoiesis, especially during stress conditions and aging. ..
- Sandhu S, Wu X, Nabi Z, Rastegar M, Kung S, Mai S, et al. Loss of HLTF function promotes intestinal carcinogenesis. Mol Cancer. 2012;11:18 pubmed publisher..Our findings highly suggest that epigenetic inactivation of HLTF, as found in most human colon cancers, could play an important role in the progression of colon tumors to malignant cancer. ..
- Elliott E, Sheaffer K, Schug J, Stappenbeck T, Kaestner K. Dnmt1 is essential to maintain progenitors in the perinatal intestinal epithelium. Development. 2015;142:2163-72 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate an essential role for Dnmt1 in maintaining genomic stability during intestinal development and the establishment of intestinal crypts. ..
- Kajino Sakamoto R, Inagaki M, Lippert E, Akira S, Robine S, Matsumoto K, et al. Enterocyte-derived TAK1 signaling prevents epithelium apoptosis and the development of ileitis and colitis. J Immunol. 2008;181:1143-52 pubmed..We propose that aberration in TAK1 signaling might disrupt intestinal homeostasis and favor the development of inflammatory disease. ..
- Kechele D, Blue R, Zwarycz B, Espenschied S, Mah A, Siegel M, et al. Orphan Gpr182 suppresses ERK-mediated intestinal proliferation during regeneration and adenoma formation. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:593-607 pubmed publisher..Together, these results implicate Gpr182 as a negative regulator of intestinal MAPK signaling-induced proliferation, particularly during regeneration and adenoma formation. ..
- Markart P, Faust N, Graf T, Na C, Weaver T, Akinbi H. Comparison of the microbicidal and muramidase activities of mouse lysozyme M and P. Biochem J. 2004;380:385-92 pubmed..This outcome suggests that disruption of both M and P loci would significantly increase susceptibility to airway infections, particularly those associated with colonization by Gram-positive organisms. ..
- Hammer M, Wilson A. Regulatory and structural genes for lysozymes of mice. Genetics. 1987;115:521-33 pubmed..The role of regulatory mutations in evolution is discussed in light of these results. ..
- Farmer D, Nathan S, Finley J, Shengyang Yu K, Emmerson E, Byrnes L, et al. Defining epithelial cell dynamics and lineage relationships in the developing lacrimal gland. Development. 2017;144:2517-2528 pubmed publisher..Together, our data reveal crucial features of lacrimal gland development that have broad implications for understanding epithelial organogenesis. ..
- Cross M, Renkawitz R. Repetitive sequence involvement in the duplication and divergence of mouse lysozyme genes. EMBO J. 1990;9:1283-8 pubmed
- Muncan V, Heijmans J, Krasinski S, Büller N, Wildenberg M, Meisner S, et al. Blimp1 regulates the transition of neonatal to adult intestinal epithelium. Nat Commun. 2011;2:452 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the suckling to weaning transition is regulated by a single transcriptional repressor that delays epithelial maturation. ..
- Yanai H, Atsumi N, Tanaka T, Nakamura N, Komai Y, Omachi T, et al. Intestinal stem cells contribute to the maturation of the neonatal small intestine and colon independently of digestive activity. Sci Rep. 2017;7:9891 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings indicate that neonatal intestine development follows an intrinsic program even in the absence of food stimuli. ..
- Bird A, Flecknoe S, Tan K, Olsson P, Antony N, Mantamadiotis T, et al. cAMP response element binding protein is required for differentiation of respiratory epithelium during murine development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17843 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate a crucial role for Creb1 activity for the development and differentiation of the conducting and distal lung epithelium. ..
- Kinzel B, Pikiolek M, Orsini V, Sprunger J, Isken A, Zietzling S, et al. Functional roles of Lgr4 and Lgr5 in embryonic gut, kidney and skin development in mice. Dev Biol. 2014;390:181-90 pubmed publisher..This supports complementary functions of both receptors. Our findings clearly establish the importance of Lgr4 and Lgr5 during embryonic gut, skin and kidney development, with a dominant role of Lgr4...
- Kosinsky R, Wegwitz F, Hellbach N, Dobbelstein M, Mansouri A, Vogel T, et al. Usp22 deficiency impairs intestinal epithelial lineage specification in vivo. Oncotarget. 2015;6:37906-18 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we provide evidence for a physiological role for USP22 in controlling cell differentiation and lineage specification. ..
- Weis V, Knowles B, Choi E, Goldstein A, Williams J, Manning E, et al. Loss of MYO5B in mice recapitulates Microvillus Inclusion Disease and reveals an apical trafficking pathway distinct to neonatal duodenum. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016;2:131-157 pubmed..However, the diarrheal pathology after MYO5B loss is due to deficits in transporter presentation at the apical membrane in duodenal enterocytes. ..