Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lyve1
Description: lymphatic vessel endothelial hyaluronan receptor 1
Alias: 1200012G08Rik, Crsbp-1, Lyve-1, Xlkd1, lymphatic vessel endothelial hyaluronic acid receptor 1, cell surface retention sequence binding protein-1, extra cellular link domain-containing 1, extracellular link domain-containing protein 1, lymphatic vessel endothelial HA receptor-1, lymphatic vessel endothelial HA recptor-1
- Schacht V, Ramirez M, Hong Y, Hirakawa S, Feng D, Harvey N, et al. T1alpha/podoplanin deficiency disrupts normal lymphatic vasculature formation and causes lymphedema. EMBO J. 2003;22:3546-56 pubmed..These data identify T1alpha/podoplanin as a novel critical player that regulates different key aspects of lymphatic vasculature formation. ..
- Abtahian F, Guerriero A, Sebzda E, Lu M, Zhou R, Mocsai A, et al. Regulation of blood and lymphatic vascular separation by signaling proteins SLP-76 and Syk. Science. 2003;299:247-51 pubmed..These studies reveal a hematopoietic signaling pathway required for separation of the two major vascular networks in mammals...
- Zou Z, Enis D, Bui H, Khandros E, Kumar V, Jakus Z, et al. The secreted lymphangiogenic factor CCBE1 is essential for fetal liver erythropoiesis. Blood. 2013;121:3228-36 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that CCBE1 plays an essential role in regulating the fetal liver erythropoietic environment and suggest that EBI formation is regulated differently in the fetal liver and bone marrow...
- Böhmer R, Neuhaus B, Bühren S, Zhang D, Stehling M, Böck B, et al. Regulation of developmental lymphangiogenesis by Syk(+) leukocytes. Dev Cell. 2010;18:437-49 pubmed publisher..This mechanism does not involve circulating endothelial progenitor cells and demonstrates the potential of hematopoietic cells to control developmental lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Uhrin P, Zaujec J, Breuss J, Olcaydu D, Chrenek P, Stockinger H, et al. Novel function for blood platelets and podoplanin in developmental separation of blood and lymphatic circulation. Blood. 2010;115:3997-4005 pubmed publisher..Therefore, interaction of endothelial podoplanin of the developing lymph sac with circulating platelets from the cardinal vein is critical for separating the lymphatic from the blood vascular system...
- Prevo R, Banerji S, Ferguson D, Clasper S, Jackson D. Mouse LYVE-1 is an endocytic receptor for hyaluronan in lymphatic endothelium. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:19420-30 pubmed..Together these results suggest a role for LYVE-1 in the transport of HA from tissue to lymph and imply that further novel hyaluronan receptors must exist that can compensate for the loss of CD44 function. ..
- Bazigou E, Xie S, Chen C, Weston A, Miura N, Sorokin L, et al. Integrin-alpha9 is required for fibronectin matrix assembly during lymphatic valve morphogenesis. Dev Cell. 2009;17:175-86 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal an important role for integrin-alpha9 signaling during lymphatic valve morphogenesis and implicate it as a candidate gene for primary lymphedema caused by valve defects...
- James J, Nalbandian A, Mukouyama Y. TGF? signaling is required for sprouting lymphangiogenesis during lymphatic network development in the skin. Development. 2013;140:3903-14 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a dual role for TGF? signaling during lymphatic network morphogenesis in the skin, such that it enhances LEC sprouting and branching complexity while attenuating LEC proliferation. ..
- Planas Paz L, Strilic B, Goedecke A, Breier G, Fassler R, Lammert E. Mechanoinduction of lymph vessel expansion. EMBO J. 2012;31:788-804 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose a new and physiologically relevant mode of VEGFR3 activation, which is based on mechanotransduction and is essential for normal development and fluid homeostasis in a mammalian embryo...
- Francois M, Short K, Secker G, Combes A, Schwarz Q, Davidson T, et al. Segmental territories along the cardinal veins generate lymph sacs via a ballooning mechanism during embryonic lymphangiogenesis in mice. Dev Biol. 2012;364:89-98 pubmed publisher..Our data support a new model for lymphatic vascular patterning and morphogenesis, as a basis for identifying the molecular cues governing these processes...
- Sabine A, Agalarov Y, Maby El Hajjami H, Jaquet M, Hägerling R, Pollmann C, et al. Mechanotransduction, PROX1, and FOXC2 cooperate to control connexin37 and calcineurin during lymphatic-valve formation. Dev Cell. 2012;22:430-45 pubmed publisher..Our results also provide molecular insights into the role of endothelial cell identity in the regulation of vascular mechanotransduction. ..
- Tammela T, Zarkada G, Wallgard E, Murtomäki A, Suchting S, Wirzenius M, et al. Blocking VEGFR-3 suppresses angiogenic sprouting and vascular network formation. Nature. 2008;454:656-60 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate VEGFR-3 as a regulator of vascular network formation. Targeting VEGFR-3 may provide additional efficacy for anti-angiogenic therapies, especially towards vessels that are resistant to VEGF or VEGFR-2 inhibitors. ..
- Nakao S, Zandi S, Faez S, Kohno R, Hafezi Moghadam A. Discontinuous LYVE-1 expression in corneal limbal lymphatics: dual function as microvalves and immunological hot spots. FASEB J. 2012;26:808-17 pubmed publisher..LYVE-1(-) lymphatic endothelium could serve as microvalves, supporting unidirectional flow, as well as immunological hot spots that facilitate reentry of stromal macropahges. ..
- D Amico G, Jones D, Nye E, Sapienza K, Ramjuan A, Reynolds L, et al. Regulation of lymphatic-blood vessel separation by endothelial Rac1. Development. 2009;136:4043-53 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify Rac1 as a crucial part of the migratory machinery required for endothelial cells to separate and form lymphatic vasculature. ..
- Chen C, Bertozzi C, Zou Z, Yuan L, Lee J, Lu M, et al. Blood flow reprograms lymphatic vessels to blood vessels. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:2006-17 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that blood flow can convert lymphatic vessels to blood vessels, demonstrating that hemodynamic forces may reprogram endothelial and vessel identity in cardiovascular diseases associated with abnormal flow. ..
- Kim K, Sung H, Koh G. Lymphatic development in mouse small intestine. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2020-5 pubmed..Together, our study reveals the temporal and spatial windows of intestinal lymphatic development during embryonic development in mouse. ..
- Petrova T, Karpanen T, Norrmen C, Mellor R, Tamakoshi T, Finegold D, et al. Defective valves and abnormal mural cell recruitment underlie lymphatic vascular failure in lymphedema distichiasis. Nat Med. 2004;10:974-81 pubmed..Our results indicate that an abnormal interaction between the lymphatic endothelial cells and pericytes, as well as valve defects, underlie the pathogenesis of LD. ..
- Pham T, Baluk P, Xu Y, Grigorova I, Bankovich A, Pappu R, et al. Lymphatic endothelial cell sphingosine kinase activity is required for lymphocyte egress and lymphatic patterning. J Exp Med. 2010;207:17-27 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence that lymphatic endothelial cells are an in vivo source of S1P required for lymphocyte egress from LNs and Peyer's patches, and suggest a role for S1P in lymphatic vessel maturation. ..
- Xu Y, Yuan L, Mak J, Pardanaud L, Caunt M, Kasman I, et al. Neuropilin-2 mediates VEGF-C-induced lymphatic sprouting together with VEGFR3. J Cell Biol. 2010;188:115-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, interaction between Nrp2 and VEGFR3 mediates proper lymphatic vessel sprouting in response to VEGF-C. ..
- Hirashima M, Sano K, Morisada T, Murakami K, Rossant J, Suda T. Lymphatic vessel assembly is impaired in Aspp1-deficient mouse embryos. Dev Biol. 2008;316:149-59 pubmed publisher..Here we report novel lymphatic vascular phenotypes in Aspp1(-/-) mice; subcutaneous edema detected only during embryogenesis, delayed lymphatic vessel formation, and mispatterned collecting lymphatic vessels. ..
- Mouta Carreira C, Nasser S, Di Tomaso E, Padera T, Boucher Y, Tomarev S, et al. LYVE-1 is not restricted to the lymph vessels: expression in normal liver blood sinusoids and down-regulation in human liver cancer and cirrhosis. Cancer Res. 2001;61:8079-84 pubmed..Finally, the presence of LYVE-1 in liver sinusoidal endothelia suggests that LYVE-1 has functions beyond the lymph vascular system. ..
- Buttler K, Kreysing A, Von Kaisenberg C, Schweigerer L, Gale N, Papoutsi M, et al. Mesenchymal cells with leukocyte and lymphendothelial characteristics in murine embryos. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1554-62 pubmed..Such stem cells may also be present in the human and may be the cell of origin in post-transplantation Kaposi sarcoma. ..
- Larrieu Lahargue F, Welm A, Thomas K, Li D. Netrin-4 induces lymphangiogenesis in vivo. Blood. 2010;115:5418-26 pubmed publisher..Together, these data provide evidence that Netrin-4 is a lymphangiogenic factor contributing to tumor dissemination and represents a potential target to inhibit metastasis formation. ..
- Makinen T, Adams R, Bailey J, Lu Q, Ziemiecki A, Alitalo K, et al. PDZ interaction site in ephrinB2 is required for the remodeling of lymphatic vasculature. Genes Dev. 2005;19:397-410 pubmed..Our studies define ephrinB2 as an essential regulator of lymphatic development and indicate that interactions with PDZ domain effectors are required to mediate its functions. ..
- Gale N, Prevo R, Espinosa J, Ferguson D, Dominguez M, Yancopoulos G, et al. Normal lymphatic development and function in mice deficient for the lymphatic hyaluronan receptor LYVE-1. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:595-604 pubmed..These results indicate that LYVE-1 is not obligatory for normal lymphatic development and function and suggest either the existence of compensatory receptors or a role more specific than that previously envisaged. ..
- Banerji S, Ni J, Wang S, Clasper S, Su J, Tammi R, et al. LYVE-1, a new homologue of the CD44 glycoprotein, is a lymph-specific receptor for hyaluronan. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:789-801 pubmed..Hence, LYVE-1 is the first lymph-specific HA receptor to be characterized and is a uniquely powerful marker for lymph vessels themselves. ..
- Ichise T, Yoshida N, Ichise H. H-, N- and Kras cooperatively regulate lymphatic vessel growth by modulating VEGFR3 expression in lymphatic endothelial cells in mice. Development. 2010;137:1003-13 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a cooperative function of the three Ras proteins in normal development, and also provide a novel aspect of VEGFR3 signalling modulated by Ras in lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Karkkainen M, Haiko P, Sainio K, Partanen J, Taipale J, Petrova T, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor C is required for sprouting of the first lymphatic vessels from embryonic veins. Nat Immunol. 2004;5:74-80 pubmed..Our results indicate that VEGF-C is the paracrine factor essential for lymphangiogenesis, and show that both Vegfc alleles are required for normal lymphatic development. ..
- Norrmen C, Ivanov K, Cheng J, Zangger N, Delorenzi M, Jaquet M, et al. FOXC2 controls formation and maturation of lymphatic collecting vessels through cooperation with NFATc1. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:439-57 pubmed publisher..As damage to collecting vessels is a major cause of lymphatic dysfunction in humans, our results suggest that FOXC2 and NFATc1 are potential targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Srinivasan R, Oliver G. Prox1 dosage controls the number of lymphatic endothelial cell progenitors and the formation of the lymphovenous valves. Genes Dev. 2011;25:2187-97 pubmed publisher..This is the first report describing the molecular mechanism controlling lymphovenous communication. ..
- Vondenhoff M, Greuter M, Goverse G, Elewaut D, Dewint P, Ware C, et al. LTbetaR signaling induces cytokine expression and up-regulates lymphangiogenic factors in lymph node anlagen. J Immunol. 2009;182:5439-45 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the same signals may regulate lymphangiogenesis to the lymph node through induction of VEGF-C. ..
- Fu J, Gerhardt H, McDaniel J, Xia B, Liu X, Ivanciu L, et al. Endothelial cell O-glycan deficiency causes blood/lymphatic misconnections and consequent fatty liver disease in mice. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:3725-37 pubmed publisher..Our studies therefore demonstrate that EC O-glycans control the separation of blood and lymphatic vessels during embryonic and postnatal development, in part by regulating podoplanin expression. ..
- Mirza M, Pang M, Zaini M, Haiko P, Tammela T, Alitalo K, et al. Essential role of the coxsackie- and adenovirus receptor (CAR) in development of the lymphatic system in mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37523 pubmed publisher..The results show that CAR plays an essential role in development of the lymphatic vasculature in the mouse embryo by promoting appropriate formation of lymphatic endothelial cell-cell junctions...
- Chen J, Ingham N, Kelly J, Jadeja S, Goulding D, Pass J, et al. Spinster homolog 2 (spns2) deficiency causes early onset progressive hearing loss. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004688 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that Spns2 is required for normal maintenance of the EP and hence for normal auditory function, and support a role for S1P signalling in hearing. ..
- Wu B, Zhang Z, Lui W, Chen X, Wang Y, Chamberlain A, et al. Endocardial cells form the coronary arteries by angiogenesis through myocardial-endocardial VEGF signaling. Cell. 2012;151:1083-96 pubmed publisher..This information may help develop better cell therapies for coronary artery disease...
- Danussi C, Spessotto P, Petrucco A, Wassermann B, Sabatelli P, Montesi M, et al. Emilin1 deficiency causes structural and functional defects of lymphatic vasculature. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4026-39 pubmed publisher..The phenotype displayed by Emilin1(-/-) mice is the first abnormal lymphatic phenotype associated with the deficiency of an ECM protein and identifies EMILIN1 as a novel local regulator of lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Suzuki K, Tanaka M, Watanabe N, Saito S, Nonaka H, Miyajima A. p75 Neurotrophin receptor is a marker for precursors of stellate cells and portal fibroblasts in mouse fetal liver. Gastroenterology. 2008;135:270-281.e3 pubmed publisher..p75NTR(+) mesenchymal cells in fetal liver include progenitors for HSCs and PFs, and the anti-p75NTR monoclonal antibody is useful for their isolation. ..
- Uchida Y, James J, Suto F, Mukouyama Y. Class 3 semaphorins negatively regulate dermal lymphatic network formation. Biol Open. 2015;4:1194-205 pubmed publisher..The reciprocal phenotype in lymphatic branching between Sema3f;Sema3g double mutants and Nrp2 mutants suggest a complex NRP2 function that regulates LEC behavior both positively and negatively, through a binding with VEGFC or SEMA3s. ..
- Stevens S, von Gise A, VanDusen N, Zhou B, Pu W. Epicardium is required for cardiac seeding by yolk sac macrophages, precursors of resident macrophages of the adult heart. Dev Biol. 2016;413:153-159 pubmed publisher..Thus, tissue-specific cues and transcriptional programs recruit or retain embryonic macrophages in their final abodes, where they help to shape organ homeostasis and injury responses. ..
- Rouhani S, Eccles J, Riccardi P, Peske J, Tewalt E, Cohen J, et al. Roles of lymphatic endothelial cells expressing peripheral tissue antigens in CD4 T-cell tolerance induction. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6771 pubmed publisher..Therefore, LECs serve as an antigen reservoir for CD4 T-cell tolerance, and MHC-II molecules on LECs are used to induce CD8 T-cell tolerance via LAG-3. ..
- Meng F. [Vascular endothelial growth factor C induces LYVE-1(+) endothelial cells to reconstruct hepatic sinusoid during liver regeneration]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2014;30:1039-42 pubmed..endothelial growth factor A (VEGF-A), VEGF-C, CD34, and lymphatic vessel endothelial hyaluronan receptor 1 (LYVE 1) were detected. VEGF-C was expressed in the residual liver tissue after partial liver resection...
- Wardrop K, Dominov J. Proinflammatory signals and the loss of lymphatic vessel hyaluronan receptor-1 (LYVE-1) in the early pathogenesis of laminin alpha2-deficient skeletal muscle. J Histochem Cytochem. 2011;59:167-79 pubmed publisher..Together, the data show that inflammatory pathways are activated in the earliest stages of Lama2-deficient disease progression and could play a role in early muscle degeneration. ..
- Yamazaki T, Yoshimatsu Y, Morishita Y, Miyazono K, Watabe T. COUP-TFII regulates the functions of Prox1 in lymphatic endothelial cells through direct interaction. Genes Cells. 2009;14:425-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that COUP-TFII physically and functionally interact during differentiation and maintenance of lymphatic vessels. ..
- Srinivasan R, Geng X, Yang Y, Wang Y, Mukatira S, Studer M, et al. The nuclear hormone receptor Coup-TFII is required for the initiation and early maintenance of Prox1 expression in lymphatic endothelial cells. Genes Dev. 2010;24:696-707 pubmed publisher..In addition, we show that the direct interaction between nuclear hormone receptors and Prox1 is also necessary for the maintenance of Prox1 expression during early stages of LEC specification and differentiation. ..
- Kim K, Kim I, Yang J, Lee E, Koh B, Song S, et al. SoxF Transcription Factors Are Positive Feedback Regulators of VEGF Signaling. Circ Res. 2016;119:839-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that SoxF transcription factors are indispensable players in developmental angiogenesis by acting as positive feedback regulators of VEGF signaling. ..
- Cordeiro O, Chypre M, Brouard N, Rauber S, Alloush F, Romera Hernandez M, et al. Integrin-Alpha IIb Identifies Murine Lymph Node Lymphatic Endothelial Cells Responsive to RANKL. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0151848 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that stromal reticular cells activate LECs via RANKL and support the action of hematopoietic cell-derived lymphotoxin. ..
- Liebl J, Zhang S, Moser M, Agalarov Y, Demir C, Hager B, et al. Cdk5 controls lymphatic vessel development and function by phosphorylation of Foxc2. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7274 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings show that Cdk5-Foxc2 interaction represents a critical regulator of lymphatic vessel development and the transcriptional network underlying lymphatic vascular remodeling. ..
- Bowles J, Secker G, Nguyen C, Kazenwadel J, Truong V, Frampton E, et al. Control of retinoid levels by CYP26B1 is important for lymphatic vascular development in the mouse embryo. Dev Biol. 2014;386:25-33 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify a genetic pathway that underpins the architecture of the developing lymphatics and define CYP26B1 as a novel modulator of lymphatic vascular patterning. ..
- van der Flier A, Badu Nkansah K, Whittaker C, Crowley D, Bronson R, Lacy Hulbert A, et al. Endothelial alpha5 and alphav integrins cooperate in remodeling of the vasculature during development. Development. 2010;137:2439-49 pubmed publisher..These integrins on other cells, and/or other integrins on endothelial cells, might contribute to fibronectin assembly and vascular development. ..
- Hägerling R, Pollmann C, Andreas M, Schmidt C, Nurmi H, Adams R, et al. A novel multistep mechanism for initial lymphangiogenesis in mouse embryos based on ultramicroscopy. EMBO J. 2013;32:629-44 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we present a significantly more detailed view and novel model of early lymphatic development. ..
- Takayanagi S, Hiroyama T, Yamazaki S, Nakajima T, Morita Y, Usui J, et al. Genetic marking of hematopoietic stem and endothelial cells: identification of the Tmtsp gene encoding a novel cell surface protein with the thrombospondin-1 domain. Blood. 2006;107:4317-25 pubmed
- Van Den Akker N, Caolo V, Wisse L, Peters P, Poelmann R, Carmeliet P, et al. Developmental coronary maturation is disturbed by aberrant cardiac vascular endothelial growth factor expression and Notch signalling. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;78:366-75 pubmed..This knowledge can contribute to optimizing therapies targeting VEGF signalling by enabling balancing between angiogenesis and vascular maturation. ..
- Jakus Z, Gleghorn J, Enis D, Sen A, Chia S, Liu X, et al. Lymphatic function is required prenatally for lung inflation at birth. J Exp Med. 2014;211:815-26 pubmed publisher..They explain respiratory failure in infants with congenital pulmonary lymphangiectasia, and suggest that inadequate late gestation lymphatic function may also contribute to respiratory failure in premature infants. ..
- Bénézech C, White A, Mader E, Serre K, Parnell S, Pfeffer K, et al. Ontogeny of stromal organizer cells during lymph node development. J Immunol. 2010;184:4521-30 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results highlight the importance of the signals and cellular interactions that induce the maturation of stromal cells and ultimately lead to the formation of lymphoid tissues. ..
- Lee H, Qin Y, Kim Y, Park E, Hwang J, Huo G, et al. Expression of lymphatic endothelium-specific hyaluronan receptor LYVE-1 in the developing mouse kidney. Cell Tissue Res. 2011;343:429-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, lymphatic vessels of the kidney might originate by extension of extra-renal lymphatics through an active branching process possibly associated with F4/80(+)/CD11b(-)/LYVE-1(+) macrophages/dendritic cells. ..
- Lee K, Danuser R, Stein J, Graham D, Nibbs R, Graham G. The chemokine receptors ACKR2 and CCR2 reciprocally regulate lymphatic vessel density. EMBO J. 2014;33:2564-80 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these receptors regulate vessel density by reciprocally modulating pro-lymphangiogenic macrophage recruitment, and proximity, to developing, resting and regenerating lymphatic vessels. ..
- He L, Tian X, Zhang H, Hu T, Huang X, Zhang L, et al. BAF200 is required for heart morphogenesis and coronary artery development. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e109493 pubmed publisher..Our work revealed that PBAF complex plays a critical role in heart morphogenesis and coronary artery angiogenesis. ..
- Berggreen E, Haug S, Mkonyi L, Bletsa A. Characterization of the dental lymphatic system and identification of cells immunopositive to specific lymphatic markers. Eur J Oral Sci. 2009;117:34-42 pubmed publisher..In inflamed pulp these cells were not observed. Macrophages are suggested to contribute directly to the formation of lymphatic vessels after pulp exposure. ..
- Guo Q, Liu Y, Xu K, Ren K, Sun W. Mouse lymphatic endothelial cell targeted probes: anti-LYVE-1 antibody-based magnetic nanoparticles. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:2273-84 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that LYVE-1-PEG-USPIO nanoparticles might potentially be used as an MRI contrast agent for targeting MLECs, and the magnetic properties of LYVE-1-PEG-USPIO nanoparticles were suitable for MRI. ..
- Flaht Zabost A, Gula G, Ciszek B, Czarnowska E, Jankowska Steifer E, Madej M, et al. Cardiac mouse lymphatics: developmental and anatomical update. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2014;297:1115-30 pubmed publisher..The extracardiac collectors gain the smooth muscle cell layer during late postnatal stages. ..
- Fatima A, Culver A, Culver F, Liu T, Dietz W, Thomson B, et al. Murine Notch1 is required for lymphatic vascular morphogenesis during development. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:957-64 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that similar to postnatal and pathological lymphatic vessel formation, the Notch signaling pathway plays a role in inhibiting developmental lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Srinivasan R, Escobedo N, Yang Y, Interiano A, Dillard M, Finkelstein D, et al. The Prox1-Vegfr3 feedback loop maintains the identity and the number of lymphatic endothelial cell progenitors. Genes Dev. 2014;28:2175-87 pubmed publisher..We propose that this feedback loop is the main sensing mechanism controlling the number of LEC progenitors and, as a consequence, the number of budding LECs that will form the embryonic lymphatic vasculature. ..
- Collins C, Ho J, Wilson T, Wermers J, Tlaxca J, Lawrence M, et al. CD44 deficiency attenuates chronic murine ileitis. Gastroenterology. 2008;135:1993-2002 pubmed publisher..Our findings support an important role of CD44 expressed by CD4(+) and CD8(+) for development of ileitis mediated by TNF overproduction. ..
- Dicke N, Pielensticker N, Degen J, Hecker J, Tress O, Bald T, et al. Peripheral lymphangiogenesis in mice depends on ectodermal connexin-26 (Gjb2). J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2806-15 pubmed publisher..We conclude that appropriate development of dermal lymphatic vessels in mice is dependent on the expression of Cx26 in the ectoderm. ..
- Hess P, Rawnsley D, Jakus Z, Yang Y, Sweet D, Fu J, et al. Platelets mediate lymphovenous hemostasis to maintain blood-lymphatic separation throughout life. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:273-84 pubmed..Collectively, these studies unveil a newly recognized form of hemostasis that functions with the LVV to safeguard the lymphatic vascular network throughout life. ..
- Jubb A, Strickland L, Liu S, Mak J, Schmidt M, Koeppen H. Neuropilin-1 expression in cancer and development. J Pathol. 2012;226:50-60 pubmed publisher..These observations confirm NRP1 as a valid anti-angiogenic target in malignancy, and as a potential direct anti-tumour target in a subset of cancers. The data also confirm a role for NRP1 in physiological, VEGF-mediated angiogenesis. ..
- ThÃ©veniau Ruissy M, PÃ©rez Pomares J, Parisot P, Baldini A, Miquerol L, Kelly R. Coronary stem development in wild-type and Tbx1 null mouse hearts. Dev Dyn. 2016;245:445-59 pubmed publisher..Molecular differences associated with left and right CA stems provide new insights into the etiology of CA patterning defects. ..
- Roukens M, Peterson Maduro J, Padberg Y, Jeltsch M, LeppÃ¤nen V, Bos F, et al. Functional Dissection of the CCBE1 Protein: A Crucial Requirement for the Collagen Repeat Domain. Circ Res. 2015;116:1660-9 pubmed publisher..The EGF domains of CCBE1 are dispensable for regulation of VEGFC processing in vitro, however, they are necessary for full lymphangiogenic activity of CCBE1 in vivo. ..
- Wong H, Jin G, Cao R, Zhang S, Cao Y, Zhou Z. MT1-MMP sheds LYVE-1 on lymphatic endothelial cells and suppresses VEGF-C production to inhibit lymphangiogenesis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10824 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identify MT1-MMP as an endogenous inhibitor of physiological lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Hahn N, Dietz C, Kühl S, Vossmerbaeumer U, Kroll J. KLEIP deficiency in mice causes progressive corneal neovascular dystrophy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:3260-8 pubmed publisher..The data identify KLEIP as an important molecule regulating corneal epithelial integrity. ..
- Koh F, Lizama C, Wong P, Hawkins J, Zovein A, Ramalho Santos M. Emergence of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells involves a Chd1-dependent increase in total nascent transcription. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E1734-43 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a new paradigm of regulation of a developmental transition by elevation of global transcriptional output that is critical for hemogenesis and may play roles in other contexts. ..