Genomes and Genes
lysyl oxidase like
Gene Symbol: lysyl oxidase like
Description: lysyl oxidase-like 1
Alias: Loxl, lysyl oxidase homolog 1, lysyl oxidase 2, lysyl oxidase-like protein 1
Products: lysyl oxidase like
- Alperin M, Debes K, Abramowitch S, Meyn L, Moalli P. LOXL1 deficiency negatively impacts the biomechanical properties of the mouse vagina and supportive tissues. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2008;19:977-86 pubmed publisher..LOXL1 mutation results in a global defect in connective tissues and correlates with altered biomechanical behavior of the vagina and supportive tissues. ..
- Liu X, Zhao Y, Pawlyk B, Damaser M, Li T. Failure of elastic fiber homeostasis leads to pelvic floor disorders. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:519-28 pubmed..Our findings raise the possibility that a failure of elastic fiber homeostasis, either due to genetic predisposition or advancing age, could underlie the etiology of pelvic floor dysfunction in women. ..
- Alsofi L, Daley E, Hornstra I, Morgan E, Mason Z, Acevedo J, et al. Sex-Linked Skeletal Phenotype of Lysyl Oxidase Like-1 Mutant Mice. Calcif Tissue Int. 2016;98:172-85 pubmed publisher..Data indicate that LOXL1-/- mutant mice develop appendicular and axial skeletal phenotypes characterized by decreased bone volume fraction and compromised trabecular microstructure, predominantly in females. ..
- Yu H, Liu X, Kiss S, Connolly E, Gragoudas E, Michaud N, et al. Increased choroidal neovascularization following laser induction in mice lacking lysyl oxidase-like 1. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:2599-605 pubmed publisher..This study investigated the influence of defective elastic fiber maintenance in the development of laser-induced CNV...
- Thomassin L, Werneck C, Broekelmann T, Gleyzal C, Hornstra I, Mecham R, et al. The Pro-regions of lysyl oxidase and lysyl oxidase-like 1 are required for deposition onto elastic fibers. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:42848-55 pubmedThese studies were undertaken to determine how lysyl oxidase (LOX) and lysyl oxidase like-1 (LOXL) enzymes are targeted to their substrates in the extracellular matrix...
- Hayashi K, Fong K, Mercier F, Boyd C, Csiszar K, Hayashi M. Comparative immunocytochemical localization of lysyl oxidase (LOX) and the lysyl oxidase-like (LOXL) proteins: changes in the expression of LOXL during development and growth of mouse tissues. J Mol Histol. 2004;35:845-55 pubmedLysyl oxidase (LOX) and lysyl oxidase-like (LOXL) are extracellular enzymes that deaminate peptidyl lysyl residues involved in the cross-linking of fibrillar collagens and elastin...
- Wood H, Lee U, Vurbic D, Sabanegh E, Ross J, Li T, et al. Sexual development and fertility of Loxl1-/- male mice. J Androl. 2009;30:452-9 pubmed publisher..Although further studies are warranted, these findings suggest a subtle and likely multifactorial role of the LOXL1 protein in male sexual development and fertility. ..
- Wiggs J, Pawlyk B, Connolly E, Adamian M, Miller J, Pasquale L, et al. Disruption of the blood-aqueous barrier and lens abnormalities in mice lacking lysyl oxidase-like 1 (LOXL1). Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:856-64 pubmed publisher..These results show that mice lacking LOXL1 have some ES features but that complete disease manifestation requires other factors that could be genetic and/or environmental. ..
- Hayashi K, Cao T, Passmore H, Jourdan Le Saux C, Fogelgren B, Khan S, et al. Progressive hair loss and myocardial degeneration in rough coat mice: reduced lysyl oxidase-like (LOXL) in the skin and heart. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:864-71 pubmed..The rc locus was mapped at 32.0 cM on chromosome 9, close to the loxl gene...
- Yang W, Li C, Mansour S. Impaired motor coordination in mice that lack punc. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6031-43 pubmed..Compared with control littermates, however, homozygous mutants had significantly reduced retention times on the Rotarod, suggesting a role for Bergmann glia-expressed Punc in the cerebellar control of motor coordination. ..
- Ohmura H, Yasukawa H, Minami T, Sugi Y, Oba T, Nagata T, et al. Cardiomyocyte-specific transgenic expression of lysyl oxidase-like protein-1 induces cardiac hypertrophy in mice. Hypertens Res. 2012;35:1063-8 pubmed publisherLysyl oxidase (LOX) and LOX-like protein-1 (LOXL-1) are extracellular matrix-embedded amine oxidases that have critical roles in the cross-linking of collagen and elastin...
- Tchernev V, Yang T, Kingsmore S. Genetic mapping of lysyl oxidase-2 (Loxl) on mouse chromosome 9. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:621-2 pubmed
- Jaffe M, Sesti C, Washington I, Du L, Dronadula N, Chin M, et al. Transforming growth factor-? signaling in myogenic cells regulates vascular morphogenesis, differentiation, and matrix synthesis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:e1-11 pubmed publisher..TGF-? signaling in SMCs controls differentiation, matrix synthesis, and vascular morphogenesis. Effects of TGF-? on SMC gene expression appear to differ depending on the location of SMCs in the aorta. ..
- Pischon N, Mäki J, Weisshaupt P, Heng N, Palamakumbura A, N Guessan P, et al. Lysyl oxidase (lox) gene deficiency affects osteoblastic phenotype. Calcif Tissue Int. 2009;85:119-26 pubmed publisher..However, mineral nodule formation and osteoblastic differentiation were markedly decreased, as revealed by significant downregulation of osteoblastic markers, type I collagen, bone sialoprotein, and Runx2/Cbfa1. ..
- Borel A, Eichenberger D, Farjanel J, Kessler E, Gleyzal C, Hulmes D, et al. Lysyl oxidase-like protein from bovine aorta. Isolation and maturation to an active form by bone morphogenetic protein-1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:48944-9 pubmed..The immunopurified protein was largely inactive, but further processing in vitro by bone morphogenetic protein-1 led to an enzyme that was active on elastin and collagen substrates. ..
- Wang S, Shi W, Wang X, Velky L, Greenlee S, Wang M, et al. Mapping, genetic isolation, and characterization of genetic loci that determine resistance to atherosclerosis in C3H mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:2671-6 pubmed..We have also determined that Tlr4 on the C3H ApoE(-/-) background does not contribute to early lesion development. *Ath29 is referred to as Ath22 in Su et al 2006. ..
- Zhang J, Liu Z, Zhang T, Lin Z, Li Z, Zhang A, et al. Loss of Lysyl Oxidase-like 3 Attenuates Embryonic Lung Development in Mice. Sci Rep. 2016;6:33856 pubmed publisher..Increased transforming growth factor ?1 (TGF?1) expression might be involved in the up-regulation of LOXL4 in LOXL3-deficient lungs. We concluded that the loss of LOXL3 attenuates mouse embryonic lung development. ..