Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lynx1
Description: Ly6/neurotoxin 1
Alias: AI838844, SLURP-2, ly-6/neurotoxin-like protein 1, GC26, secreted Ly-6/uPAR domain-containing protein 2, secreted Ly-6/uPAR-related protein 2
- Miwa J, Walz A. Enhancement in motor learning through genetic manipulation of the Lynx1 gene. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43302 pubmed publisher..Previous studies indicate lynx1 inhibits nicotinic receptor function and limits neuronal plasticity...
- Eom T, Zhang C, Wang H, Lay K, Fak J, Noebels J, et al. NOVA-dependent regulation of cryptic NMD exons controls synaptic protein levels after seizure. elife. 2013;2:e00178 pubmed publisher..The data reveal a hidden means of dynamic RNA regulation linking electrical activity to splicing and protein output, and of mediating homeostatic excitation/inhibition balance in neurons.DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.00178.001. ..
- Kobayashi A, Parker R, Wright A, Brahem H, Ku P, Oliver K, et al. Lynx1 supports neuronal health in the mouse dorsal striatum during aging: an ultrastructural investigation. J Mol Neurosci. 2014;53:525-36 pubmed publisher..Although lynx1 null mutant mice exhibit augmented learning and plasticity, they also exhibit macroscopic vacuolation in the ..
- Nichols W, Henderson B, Yu C, Parker R, RICHARDS C, Lester H, et al. Lynx1 shifts Î±4Î²2 nicotinic receptor subunit stoichiometry by affecting assembly in the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:31423-32 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that lynx1 also exerts effects on Î±4Î²2 nAChRs within the endoplasmic reticulum...
- Sajo M, Ellis Davies G, Morishita H. Lynx1 Limits Dendritic Spine Turnover in the Adult Visual Cortex. J Neurosci. 2016;36:9472-8 pubmed publisher..b>Lynx1, an endogenous inhibitor of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, was previously shown to increase its expression in ..
- Smith M, Burman P, Sadahiro M, Kidd B, Dudley J, Morishita H. Integrative Analysis of Disease Signatures Shows Inflammation Disrupts Juvenile Experience-Dependent Cortical Plasticity. Eneuro. 2016;3: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that inflammation may have unrecognized adverse consequences on the postnatal developmental trajectory and indicate that treating inflammation may reduce the burden of neurodevelopmental disorders. ..
- Takesian A, Bogart L, Lichtman J, Hensch T. Inhibitory circuit gating of auditory critical-period plasticity. Nat Neurosci. 2018;21:218-227 pubmed publisher..Developmental transitions in nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR) sensitivity in these cells caused by Lynx1 protein can be overridden to extend critical-period closure...