Gene Symbol: Lsr1
Description: listeria resistance
Alias: Lr-1, Lsr-1, listeria resistance
- Cheers C, McKenzie I. Resistance and susceptibility of mice to bacterial infection: genetics of listeriosis. Infect Immun. 1978;19:755-62 pubmed..There was no difference in the response of males and females. In all studies, the powerful overriding influence of the C57B1 genome was evident. ..
- Stevenson M, Kongshavn P, Skamene E. Genetic linkage of resistance to Listeria monocytogenes with macrophage inflammatory responses. J Immunol. 1981;127:402-7 pubmed
- Czuprynski C, Canono B, Henson P, Campbell P. Genetically determined resistance to listeriosis is associated with increased accumulation of inflammatory neutrophils and macrophages which have enhanced listericidal activity. Immunology. 1985;55:511-8 pubmed..p. injection of heat-killed Listeria, and to clear L. monocytogenes from the spleen after a sublethal challenge of viable Listeria. ..
- Sadarangani C, Skamene E, Kongshavn P. Cellular basis for genetically determined enhanced resistance of certain mouse strains to listeriosis. Infect Immun. 1980;28:381-6 pubmed..In the susceptible strain, the early protective cellular mechanism is radioresistant and highly dextran sulfate 500 sensitive. ..
- Gervais F, Stevenson M, Skamene E. Genetic control of resistance to Listeria monocytogenes: regulation of leukocyte inflammatory responses by the Hc locus. J Immunol. 1984;132:2078-83 pubmed..studied by typing the recombinant inbred (RI) strains derived from these two progenitors for the trait of Listeria resistance/susceptibility...
- Kongshavn P, Sadarangani C, Skamene E. Genetically determined differences in antibacterial activity of macrophages are expressed in the environment in which the macrophage precursors mature. Cell Immunol. 1980;53:341-9 pubmed