Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lsc
Description: Rho guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) 1
Alias: Lbcl2, Lsc, rho guanine nucleotide exchange factor 1, lbc's second cousin, lymphoid blast crisis-like 2
- Chen Z, Singer W, Danesh S, Sternweis P, Sprang S. Recognition of the activated states of Galpha13 by the rgRGS domain of PDZRhoGEF. Structure. 2008;16:1532-43 pubmed publisher..Replacement of key residues in this motif with their counterparts in p115RhoGEF confers GAP activity. ..
- Rubtsov A, Swanson C, Troy S, Strauch P, Pelanda R, Torres R. TLR agonists promote marginal zone B cell activation and facilitate T-dependent IgM responses. J Immunol. 2008;180:3882-8 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate that in vivo TLR agonist treatment enhances the early production of Ag-specific IgM and activates MZ B cells to promote their relocation. ..
- Xiang X, Li S, Zhuang X, Shi L. Arhgef1 negatively regulates neurite outgrowth through activation of RhoA signaling pathways. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:2940-55 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings reveal that Arhgef1 functions as a negative regulator of neurite outgrowth through regulating RhoA-cofilin pathway and actin dynamics. ..
- Green J, Suzuki K, Cho B, Willison L, Palmer D, Allen C, et al. The sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor S1P? maintains the homeostasis of germinal center B cells and promotes niche confinement. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:672-80 pubmed publisher..We suggest that by inhibiting Akt activation and migration, S1P(2) helps restrict GC B cell survival and localization to an S1P-low niche at the follicle center. ..
- Peng J, He F, Zhang C, Deng X, Yin F. Protein kinase C-? signals P115RhoGEF phosphorylation and RhoA activation in TNF-?-induced mouse brain microvascular endothelial cell barrier dysfunction. J Neuroinflammation. 2011;8:28 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that PKC-? phosphorylation of p115RhoGEF mediates TNF-? signaling to RhoA, and that this plays a critical role in signaling F-actin rearrangement and barrier dysfunction in BMECs. ..
- Whitehead I, Khosravi Far R, Kirk H, Trigo Gonzalez G, Der C, Kay R. Expression cloning of lsc, a novel oncogene with structural similarities to the Dbl family of guanine nucleotide exchange factors. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:18643-50 pubmed..The transforming cDNA encodes a truncated protein (designated Lsc) with a region of sequence similarity to the product of the lbc oncogene...
- Hu J, Strauch P, Rubtsov A, Donovan E, Pelanda R, Torres R. Lsc activity is controlled by oligomerization and regulates integrin adhesion. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:1825-36 pubmedb>Lsc is a hematopoietic-restricted protein that functions as an effector of G alpha(12/13)-associated G-protein coupled receptors that activates RhoA...
- Chattopadhyay G, Khan A, Sen G, Colino J, DuBois W, Rubtsov A, et al. Transgenic expression of Bcl-xL or Bcl-2 by murine B cells enhances the in vivo antipolysaccharide, but not antiprotein, response to intact Streptococcus pneumoniae. J Immunol. 2007;179:7523-34 pubmed..This was associated with increased clonal expansion and decreased apoptosis. Using Lsc(-/-) mice, the Pn-induced IgG response specific for the capsular PS was found to be almost entirely dependent on ..
- Brown J, Taube C, Miyahara N, Koya T, Pelanda R, Gelfand E, et al. Arhgef1 is required by T cells for the development of airway hyperreactivity and inflammation. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2007;176:10-9 pubmed..Moreover, a deficiency in Arhgef1 results in reduced T cell-CD11c+ antigen-presenting cell interaction, and likely underscores the inability of Arhgef1-/- mice to mount an adaptive immune response to airway challenge. ..
- Kostenko E, Olabisi O, Sahay S, Rodriguez P, Whitehead I. Ccpg1, a novel scaffold protein that regulates the activity of the Rho guanine nucleotide exchange factor Dbs. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:8964-75 pubmed
- Eisenhaure T, Francis S, Willison L, Coughlin S, Lerner D. The Rho guanine nucleotide exchange factor Lsc homo-oligomerizes and is negatively regulated through domains in its carboxyl terminus that are absent in novel splenic isoforms. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30975-84 pubmed..b>Lsc/p115-RhoGEF is a Rho-specific GEF required for normal B and T lymphocyte function...
- Martina J, Moriyama K, Bonifacino J. BLOC-3, a protein complex containing the Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome gene products HPS1 and HPS4. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:29376-84 pubmed
- Hartney J, Brown J, Chu H, Chang L, Pelanda R, Torres R. Arhgef1 regulates alpha5beta1 integrin-mediated matrix metalloproteinase expression and is required for homeostatic lung immunity. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:1157-68 pubmed publisher..Together these data demonstrate that Arhgef1 regulates alpha5beta1-mediated MMP expression by macrophages and that loss of Arhgef1 by leukocytes leads to pulmonary pathology. ..
- Muppidi J, Schmitz R, Green J, Xiao W, Larsen A, Braun S, et al. Loss of signalling via GÎ±13 in germinal centre B-cell-derived lymphoma. Nature. 2014;516:254-8 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a GÎ±13-dependent pathway that exerts dual actions in suppressing growth and blocking dissemination of germinal centre B cells that is frequently disrupted in germinal centre B-cell-derived lymphoma. ..
- Aasheim H, Pedeutour F, Smeland E. Characterization, expression and chromosomal localization of a human gene homologous to the mouse Lsc oncogene, with strongest expression in hematopoetic tissues. Oncogene. 1997;14:1747-52 pubmed..Recently, however, a mouse cDNA (Lsc) with high homology to sub1.5 was identified, indicating that the sub1...
- Xiang X, Zhuang X, Li S, Shi L. Arhgef1 is expressed in cortical neural progenitor cells and regulates neurite outgrowth of newly differentiated neurons. Neurosci Lett. 2017;638:27-34 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that Arhgef1 controls the process of neurite formation in newborn cortical neurons derived from NPCs. ..