Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lrp2
Description: low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 2
Alias: AI315343, AW536255, D230004K18Rik, Gp330, Megalin, LRP-2, glycoprotein 330, low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 2
- APC-dependent suppression of colon carcinogenesis by PPARgammaGeoffrey D Girnun
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, One Jimmy Fund Way, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13771-6. 2002..This finding suggests a potentially important use for PPARgamma ligands as chemopreventative agents in colon cancer...
- Expression and role of cubilin in the internalization of nutrients during the peri-implantation development of the rodent embryoEmeline Assemat
INSERM, UMR 538, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Biol Reprod 72:1079-86. 2005..to the maternal environment or to the amniotic and neural tube cavities, and had a very similar distribution to megalin, a member of the LDLR gene family and a coreceptor for cubilin in adult tissues...
- Low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein (LRP)-2/megalin is transiently expressed in a subpopulation of neural progenitors in the embryonic mouse spinal cordGrzegorz Wicher
Department of Neuroscience, Biomedical Center, Uppsala University, Sweden
J Comp Neurol 492:123-31. 2005The lipoprotein receptor LRP2/megalin is expressed by absorptive epithelia and involved in receptor-mediated endocytosis of a wide range of ligands...
- Transthyretin internalization by sensory neurons is megalin mediated and necessary for its neuritogenic activityCarolina E Fleming
Instituto de Biologia Molecular e Celular IBMC, Nerve Regeneration Group and Molecular Neurobiology Group, 4150 180 Porto, Portugal
J Neurosci 29:3220-32. 2009..Moreover, we show that in vitro, in dorsal root ganglia neurons, clathrin-dependent megalin-mediated TTR internalization is needed for TTR neuritogenic activity...
- Megalin/LRP2 expression is induced by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor -alpha and -gamma: implications for PPARs' roles in renal functionFelipe Cabezas
Departamento de Biologia Celular y Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
PLoS ONE 6:e16794. 2011b>Megalin is a large endocytic receptor with relevant functions during development and adult life...
- Choroid plexus megalin is involved in neuroprotection by serum insulin-like growth factor IEva Carro
Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, Cajal Institute, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 28002 Madrid, Spain
J Neurosci 25:10884-93. 2005..We found that physical exercise increases the levels of the choroid plexus endocytic receptor megalin/low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein-2 (LRP2), a multicargo transporter known to participate in brain ..
- An endocytic pathway essential for renal uptake and activation of the steroid 25-(OH) vitamin D3A Nykjaer
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Cell 96:507-15. 1999..protein, is filtered through the glomerulus and reabsorbed in the proximal tubules by the endocytic receptor megalin. Endocytosis is required to preserve 25-(OH) vitamin D3 and to deliver to the cells the precursor for generation ..
- Hypocalcemia and osteopathy in mice with kidney-specific megalin gene defectJörg R Leheste
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
FASEB J 17:247-9. 2003b>Megalin is an endocytic receptor highly expressed in the proximal tubules of the kidney...
- Megalin binds and internalizes angiotensin-(1-7)Romer Gonzalez-Villalobos
Dept of Medicine Section of Nephrology SL 45, Tulane Univ Health Sciences Ctr, 1430 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 290:F1270-5. 2006b>Megalin is a multiligand receptor heavily involved in protein endocytosis. We recently demonstrated that megalin binds and mediates internalization of ANG II...
- Megalin acts in concert with cubilin to mediate endocytosis of high density lipoproteinsS M Hammad
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425 2204, USA
J Biol Chem 275:12003-8. 2000..Since cubilin has been reported to bind the endocytic receptor megalin, we explored the possibility that megalin acts in conjunction with cubilin to mediate HDL endocytosis...
- Differential distribution of cubilin and megalin expression in the mouse embryoChristopher J Drake
Medical University of South Carolina, Department of Cell Biology, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 277:163-70. 2004Cubilin and megalin are cell surface proteins that work cooperatively in many absorptive epithelia to mediate endocytosis of lipoproteins, vitamin carriers, and other proteins...
- Disabled-2 is essential for endodermal cell positioning and structure formation during mouse embryogenesisDong Hua Yang
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Dev Biol 251:27-44. 2002..We suggest that Dab2 functions in a signal pathway to regulate endodermal cell organization using endocytosis of ligands from the blastocoel cavity as a positioning cue...
- Megalin is essential for renal proximal tubule reabsorption and accumulation of transcobalamin-B(12)Henrik Birn
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Anatomy, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 282:F408-16. 2002b>Megalin has previously been shown to bind and mediate endocytosis of transcobalamin (TC)-B(12)...
- Targeted disruption of cubilin reveals essential developmental roles in the structure and function of endoderm and in somite formationBrian T Smith
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy Medical University of South Carolina, 173 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
BMC Dev Biol 6:30. 2006Cubilin is a peripheral membrane protein that interacts with the integral membrane proteins megalin and amnionless to mediate ligand endocytosis by absorptive epithelia such as the extraembryonic visceral endoderm (VE).
- Megalin contributes to the early injury of proximal tubule cells during nonselective proteinuriaYaeko Motoyoshi
Department of Bioethics, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara City, Kanagawa, Japan
Kidney Int 74:1262-9. 2008b>Megalin, a member of the LDL receptor family, is expressed on the apical membrane of proximal tubules and serves as an endocytic scavenger of filtered proteins and hence might contribute to the tubule injury as a consequence of ..
- Megalin knockout mice as an animal model of low molecular weight proteinuriaJ R Leheste
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Am J Pathol 155:1361-70. 1999b>Megalin is an endocytic receptor expressed on the luminal surface of the renal proximal tubules. The receptor is believed to play an important role in the tubular uptake of macromolecules filtered through the glomerulus...
- Endocytosis of megalin by visceral endoderm cells requires the Dab2 adaptor proteinMeghan E Maurer
Division of Basic Sciences and Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Cell Sci 118:5345-55. 2005..The lipoprotein receptor megalin is expressed in the visceral endoderm (VE), a polarized epithelium that supplies maternal nutrients to the early ..
- Mutually dependent localization of megalin and Dab2 in the renal proximal tubuleJ Nagai
Cell Biology, Institute of Anatomy, Univ of Aarhus, University Park, Bldg 234, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289:F569-76. 2005..Dab2) is a cytoplasmic adaptor protein that binds to the cytoplasmic tail of the multiligand endocytic receptor megalin, abundantly expressed in renal proximal tubules...
- Defective forebrain development in mice lacking gp330/megalinT E Willnow
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:8460-4. 1996gp330/megalin, a member of the low density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor gene family, is expressed on the apical surfaces of epithelial tissues, including the neuroepithelium, where it mediates the endocytic uptake of diverse macromolecules,..
- Mouse amnionless, which is required for primitive streak assembly, mediates cell-surface localization and endocytic function of cubilin on visceral endoderm and kidney proximal tubulesSharon Strope
Molecular Biology Graduate Program, Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Development 131:4787-95. 2004....
- LRP2/megalin is required for patterning of the ventral telencephalonRobert Spoelgen
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, 13092, Germany
Development 132:405-14. 2005b>Megalin is a low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein (LRP2) expressed in the neuroepithelium and the yolk sac of the early embryo...
- Disabled-2 is an epithelial surface positioning geneDong Hua Yang
Ovarian Cancer and Tumor Cell Biology Programs, Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Biol Chem 282:13114-22. 2007..show here that Dab2 mediates directional trafficking and polarized distribution of cell surface proteins such as megalin and E-cadherin and propose that loss of polarity is the underlying mechanism for the loss of epithelial cell ..
- Midbody and primary cilium of neural progenitors release extracellular membrane particles enriched in the stem cell marker prominin-1Veronique Dubreuil
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Cell Biol 176:483-95. 2007....
- Essential role of RGS-PX1/sorting nexin 13 in mouse development and regulation of endocytosis dynamicsBin Zheng
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0651, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:16776-81. 2006..compartments, abundant autophagic vacuoles, and abnormal localization of several endocytic markers, including megalin, a receptor for nutrients and proteins; ARH, a coat protein that binds megalin; LAMP2; and LC3...
- Ubiquitous and kidney-specific subunits of vacuolar H+-ATPase are differentially expressed during nephrogenesisFrancois Jouret
Division of Nephrology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 10 Avenue Hippocrate, Brussels, Belgium B 1200
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:3235-46. 2005..They provide new insights into the complex regulation of V-ATPase subunits, the maturation of IC along the nephron, and the pathophysiology of hereditary dRTA...
- Soluble megalin is accumulated in the lumen of the rat endolymphatic sacTetsuya Ishida
Department of Histology and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Kagawa University, Miki, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Cell Struct Funct 31:77-85. 2006..b>Megalin is a 600-kDa multiligand endocytic receptor expressed in certain types of absorptive epithelia including kidney ..
- Preferential megalin-mediated transcytosis of low-hormonogenic thyroglobulin: a control mechanism for thyroid hormone releaseSimonetta Lisi
Department of Endocrinology, University of Pisa, Via Paradisa 2, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:14858-63. 2003..However, some Tg internalized by megalin bypasses lysosomes and is transcytosed across cells and released into the bloodstream...
- Megalin-mediated reuptake of retinol in the kidneys of mice is essential for vitamin A homeostasisJens Raila
Institute of Nutritional Science, University of Potsdam, D 14558 Nuthetal Bergholz Rehbruecke, Germany
J Nutr 135:2512-6. 2005..reuptake of retinol (ROH) and retinol-binding protein (RBP) in the kidneys is mediated by the endocytic receptor megalin, suggesting an important role for this receptor in vitamin A (VA) metabolism...
- Endocytosis provides a major alternative pathway for lysosomal biogenesis in kidney proximal tubular cellsRikke Nielsen
Cell Biology, Institute of Anatomy, University of Aarhus, 8000 Aarhus, Denmark
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:5407-12. 2007..Here we provide evidence for an alternative, efficient secretion-recapture pathway mediated by megalin and exemplified by cathepsin B in kidney proximal convoluted tubules (PCT)...
- Stage-specific association of apolipoprotein A-I and E in developing mouse retinaShingo Kurumada
Department of Biophysics, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:1815-23. 2007..To characterize the intercellular lipid transport systems in differentiating retina...
- Renal uptake of different radiolabelled peptides is mediated by megalin: SPECT and biodistribution studies in megalin-deficient miceErik Vegt
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 38:623-32. 2011..The mechanisms of kidney reabsorption of these peptides are incompletely understood, but the scavenger receptor megalin has been shown to play a role in the reabsorption of (111)In-octreotide...
- Intrarenal renin angiotensin system revisited: role of megalin-dependent endocytosis along the proximal nephronMarcus Pohl
Institute of Anatomy, Charite Universitatsmedizin, 10115 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 285:41935-46. 2010..AGT was identified as a ligand of the multiple ligand-binding repeats of megalin. AGT biosynthesis was restricted to the proximal straight tubule, revealing substantial AGT mRNA expression...
- LRP2 in ependymal cells regulates BMP signaling in the adult neurogenic nicheChandresh R Gajera
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Str 10, D 13125 Berlin, Germany
J Cell Sci 123:1922-30. 2010..We demonstrate that LRP2, a clearance receptor for BMP4 is specifically expressed in ependymal cells of the lateral ventricles in the adult ..
- Altered expression of metallothionein-I and -II and their receptor megalin in inherited photoreceptor degenerationKirsten A Wunderlich
Department of Ophthalmology, Clinical Sciences Lund, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:4809-20. 2010To examine in rodent models of retinitis pigmentosa (RP) the expression of the neuroprotectants metallothionein-I and -II and of megalin, an endocytic receptor that mediates their transport into neurons.
- Expression patterns of the aquaporin gene family during renal development: influence of genetic variabilityKleber S Parreira
Division of Nephrology, Université Catholique de Louvain Medical School, 10 Avenue Hippocrate, 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Pflugers Arch 458:745-59. 2009..5) and progressive increase to adult levels, similar to the mRNA pattern observed for proximal tubule markers (Megalin, NaPi-IIa, OAT1) and reflecting the continuous increase in renal cortical structures during development...
- Megalin interacts with APP and the intracellular adapter protein FE65 in neuronsXimena Alvira-Botero
Laboratory of Neuroscience, Research Center, Hospital 12 de Octubre, 28041 Madrid, Spain
Mol Cell Neurosci 45:306-15. 2010Increasing evidence has implicated megalin, a low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein, in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- The novel lipid raft adaptor p18 controls endosome dynamics by anchoring the MEK-ERK pathway to late endosomesShigeyki Nada
Department of Oncogene Research, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
EMBO J 28:477-89. 2009..These results indicate that the lipid raft adaptor p18 is essential for anchoring the MEK-ERK pathway to late endosomes, and shed new light on a role of endosomal MEK-ERK pathway in controlling endosome dynamics...
- Interaction of the apolipoprotein E receptors low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein and sorLA/LR11R Spoelgen
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, MA 02129, USA
Neuroscience 158:1460-8. 2009....
- A novel renal carbonic anhydrase type III plays a role in proximal tubule dysfunctionP Gailly
Division of Cell Physiology, Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Kidney Int 74:52-61. 2008..carbonic anhydrase type III (CAIII) upregulation was confirmed in other mice lacking the multiligand receptor megalin and in a patient with Dent's disease due to an inactivating CLCN5 mutation...
- Core 2 GlcNAc modification and megalin ligand-binding activityHeng Zhang
Sphingolipid Expression Laboratory, RIKEN Frontier Research System, Wako, Saitama, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1780:479-85. 2008b>Megalin, a receptor-like transporter glycoprotein, is expressed on kidney proximal tubular cells and reabsorbs small-molecular-weight proteins from the glomerular filtrate...
- The inositol Inpp5k 5-phosphatase affects osmoregulation through the vasopressin-aquaporin 2 pathway in the collecting systemEileen Pernot
Institut de Recherches Interdisciplinaires en Biologie Humaine et Moléculaire, Brussels, Belgium
Pflugers Arch 462:871-83. 2011..Altogether, our results indicate that Inpp5k 5-phosphatase is important for the control of the arginine vasopressin/aquaporin-2 signalling pathway and water transport in kidney collecting ducts...
- Megalin-mediated endocytosis of cystatin C in proximal tubule cellsRyohei Kaseda
Division of Clinical Nephrology and Rheumatology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 1 757 Asahimachi dori, Niigata 951 8510, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 357:1130-4. 2007..Using quartz-crystal microbalance analyses, we demonstrate that cystatin C binds directly to megalin, an endocytic receptor in PTC, in a Ca(+)-dependent manner...
- Megalin mediates selenoprotein P uptake by kidney proximal tubule epithelial cellsGary E Olson
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 283:6854-60. 2008..Ligand blotting assays of kidney membrane preparations fractionated by SDS-PAGE revealed that Sepp1 binds megalin, a lipoprotein receptor localized to the proximal tubule epithelium...
- Abrogation of protein uptake through megalin-deficient proximal tubules does not safeguard against tubulointerstitial injuryFranziska Theilig
Institut für Vegetative Anatomie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Philippstrasse 12, 10115 Berlin
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1824-34. 2007..This concept was tested in a transgenic mouse model with megalin deficiency...
- Role of endocytosis in cellular uptake of sex steroidsAnnette Hammes
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Cell 122:751-62. 2005..Contrary to the free hormone hypothesis, we demonstrate that megalin, an endocytic receptor in reproductive tissues, acts as a pathway for cellular uptake of biologically active ..
- Megalin is a receptor for apolipoprotein M, and kidney-specific megalin-deficiency confers urinary excretion of apolipoprotein MKirsten Faber
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Univeristy of Lund, University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Mol Endocrinol 20:212-8. 2006..In this study, we show that the multiligand receptor megalin, which is expressed in kidney proximal tubule cells, is a receptor for apoM and mediates its uptake in the kidney...
- Receptor-associated protein is important for normal processing of megalin in kidney proximal tubulesH Birn
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Anatomy, University of Aarhus, Denmark
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:191-202. 2000..RAP also binds to the related 600-kD multiligand endocytic receptor megalin expressed in many absorptive epithelia including renal proximal tubule...
- Cubilin is an albumin binding protein important for renal tubular albumin reabsorptionH Birn
Department of Cell Biology, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
J Clin Invest 105:1353-61. 2000..In addition, we find that mice lacking the endocytic receptor megalin show altered urinary excretion, and reduced tubular reabsorption, of albumin...
- Tubular up-regulation of clusterin mRNA in murine lupus-like nephritisS Moll
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Geneva Medical School, Switzerland
Am J Pathol 152:953-62. 1998....
- Mapping of three members of the mouse protein disulfide isomerase familyV Briquet-Laugier
Lipid Research Laboratory, West Los Angeles Veterans Administration Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Mamm Genome 9:176-7. 1998
- Functional interaction of megalin with the megalinbinding protein (MegBP), a novel tetratrico peptide repeat-containing adaptor moleculeHelle Heibroch Petersen
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine and Medical Faculty of the Free University of Berlin, Germany
J Cell Sci 116:453-61. 2003b>Megalin is a member of the LDL receptor gene family that plays an important role in forebrain development and in cellular vitamin D metabolism through endocytic uptake of vitamin D metabolites...
- A novel family of Cys-Cys, His-Cys zinc finger transcription factors expressed in developing nervous system and pituitary glandY Jiang
Department of Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
J Biol Chem 271:10723-30. 1996..Identification of a second mouse gene highly homologous to NZF-1, encoded by a distinct genomic locus, reveals a dispersed gene family encoding proteins containing Cys-Cys, His-Cys motifs...
- Impaired PTH-induced endocytotic down-regulation of the renal type IIa Na+/Pi-cotransporter in RAP-deficient mice with reduced megalin expressionDesa Bacic
Institute of Physiology, University of Zurich, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Pflugers Arch 446:475-84. 2003..b>Megalin is involved in receptor-mediated endocytosis of proteins from the urine in the renal proximal tubule...
- Mapping of the glycoprotein 330 (Gp330) gene to mouse chromosome 2Y R Xia
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90024
Genomics 17:780-1. 1993b>Glycoprotein 330 (Gp330) is a member of the low-density lipoprotein receptor gene family that is expressed in the kidney. We have mapped the Gp330 gene to mouse chromosome 2, 4...
- Intraperitoneal administration of recombinant receptor-associated protein causes phosphaturia via an alteration in subcellular distribution of the renal sodium phosphate co-transporterMasayo Yamagata
Department of Environmental Medicine, Osaka Medical Center and Research Institute for Maternal and Child Health, 840 Murodo cho, Izumi, Osaka 594 1101, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:2338-45. 2005b>Megalin is a multifunctional endocytic receptor that is expressed in renal proximal tubules and plays critical roles in the renal uptake of various proteins...
- Gp330 is specifically expressed in outer cells during epithelial differentiation in the preimplantation mouse embryoC Gueth-Hallonet
Departement de Biologie du Developpement, Institut Jacques Monod, CNRS Université Paris VII, France
Development 120:3289-99. 1994..In this work, we have investigated the expression of gp330, a 330 x 10(3) M(r) glycoprotein found in clathrin-coated areas of the plasma membrane of some epithelial cells ..
- High-resolution maps of the murine Chromosome 2 region containing the cholesterol gallstone locus, Lith1G Bouchard
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main St, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Mamm Genome 10:1070-4. 1999..pump (Bsep) also known as sister of P-glycoprotein (Spgp) and the low-density-lipoprotein-receptor-related gene megalin (Gp330). Both genetic maps were in agreement and ordered the microsatellite markers into a 10.4 +/- 1.5 cM region...
- In situ hybridization mapping of a 500-kDa calcium-sensing protein gene (LRP2) to human chromosome region 2q31-->q32.1 and porcine chromosome region 15q22-->q24B P Chowdhary
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala
Cytogenet Cell Genet 71:120-3. 1995Recently, a 500-kDa protein, with homology to the rat Gp330 glycoprotein, was found to be expressed on the surface of human parathyroid, placental cytotrophoblast, and renal proximal tubule cells...
- A focused and efficient genetic screening strategy in the mouse: identification of mutations that disrupt cortical developmentKonstantinos Zarbalis
Department of Neurology and the Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, University of California at San Francisco, Emeryville, USA
PLoS Biol 2:E219. 2004..Our results also highlight the utility of focused screens in the mouse, in addition to the large-scale and broadly targeted screens that are being carried out at mutagenesis centers...
- Normal development and fertility of knockout mice lacking the tumor suppressor gene LRP1b suggest functional compensation by LRP1Peter Marschang
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:3782-93. 2004..Analysis of LRP1b knockout mice may provide further insights into the role of LRP1b as a tumor suppressor and into the mechanisms of cancer development...
- Kidney-specific inactivation of the megalin gene impairs trafficking of renal inorganic sodium phosphate cotransporter (NaPi-IIa)Sebastian Bachmann
Department of Anatomy, Charite, University Medical School of Berlin, Campus Mitte, Philippstrasse 12, D 10098 Berlin, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:892-900. 2004..The key elements triggering this process are not clear to date. Megalin serves as a receptor for the endocytosis of multiple ligands and is coexpressed with NaPi-IIa in the proximal ..
- Late gestational lung hypoplasia in a mouse model of the Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndromeHongwei Yu
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Medical Genetics, Medical University of South Carolina, STR 541, 114 Doughty Street, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
BMC Dev Biol 4:1. 2004..Although they have a number of biochemical and structural abnormalities, one cause of death is from apparent respiratory failure due to developmental pulmonary abnormalities...
- beta2-glycoprotein-I (apolipoprotein H) and beta2-glycoprotein-I-phospholipid complex harbor a recognition site for the endocytic receptor megalinS K Moestrup
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Aarhus, 8000 Aarhus C
J Clin Invest 102:902-9. 1998..beta2-glycoprotein-I/apolipoprotein H as a plasma component binding to the renal epithelial endocytic receptor megalin. A calcium-dependent megalin-mediated beta2-glycoprotein-I endocytosis was subsequently demonstrated by ligand ..
- Evidence for an essential role of megalin in transepithelial transport of retinolE I Christensen
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Anatomy, University of Aarhus, Denmark
J Am Soc Nephrol 10:685-95. 1999..Analysis of mice with target disruption of the gene for the major endocytic receptor of proximal tubules, megalin, revealed no RBP in proximal tubules of these mice...
- Syntaxin 3 and Munc-18-2 in epithelial cells during kidney developmentS Lehtonen
Haartman Institute and Department of Pathology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Kidney Int 56:815-26. 1999..We have analyzed the expression patterns of vesicle-docking proteins of the syntaxin family in mouse kidney, focusing on syntaxin 3 and its interaction partner, the Sec1-related Munc-18-2...
- Genetic loci controlling body fat, lipoprotein metabolism, and insulin levels in a multifactorial mouse modelM Mehrabian
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Clin Invest 101:2485-96. 1998..Finally, they support the existence of specific genetic interactions between body fat, insulin metabolism, and lipoprotein metabolism...
- Microarray analysis of E9.5 reduced folate carrier (RFC1; Slc19a1) knockout embryos reveals altered expression of genes in the cubilin-megalin multiligand endocytic receptor complexJanee Gelineau-van Waes
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5455, USA
BMC Genomics 9:156. 2008..The identification of alterations in gene expression and signaling pathways involved in the observed dysmorphology following inactivation of RFC1-mediated folate transport are the focus of this investigation...
- Thyroid dysfunction in megalin deficient miceSimonetta Lisi
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pisa, Via Paradisa 2, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Mol Cell Endocrinol 236:43-7. 2005b>Megalin mediates transcytosis of thyroglobulin (Tg), the thyroid hormone precursor, resulting in its passage into the bloodstream...
- Loss of chloride channel ClC-5 impairs endocytosis by defective trafficking of megalin and cubilin in kidney proximal tubulesErik I Christensen
Institute of Anatomy, Department of Cell Biology, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8472-7. 2003..whether this endocytic failure could primarily reflect a loss of reabsorption by the multiligand receptors, megalin, and cubilin, caused by a trafficking defect...
- Renal uptake of myoglobin is mediated by the endocytic receptors megalin and cubilinJakub Gburek
Dept of Cell Biology, Institute of Anatomy, Aarhus University, Denmark
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 285:F451-8. 2003..Here, we report that the endocytic receptors megalin and cubilin are involved in renal reabsorption of myoglobin...
- Expression of the type IV collagenase system during mouse kidney development and tubule segmentationB Legallicier
INSERM U489, Tenon Hospital and St Antoine Medical Faculty, Paris 6 University, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:2358-69. 2001..kidneys; and a two-step immunoperoxidase labeling procedure using specific markers of proximal tubule (megalin), ascending limb of Henle's loop (Tamm Horsfall protein), and collecting duct (Dolichos biflorus agglutinin ..
- Dynamic expression of Lrp2 pathway members reveals progressive epithelial differentiation of primitive endoderm in mouse blastocystFrançois Gerbe
INSERM, UMR384, Faculte de Medecine, 28 place H Dunant BP38, Clermont Ferrand 63001, Universite d Auvergne, Clermont Fd, France
Dev Biol 313:594-602. 2008..In this work, we isolated Lrp2 as a novel PrE precursor (pre-PrE) marker by using a microarray strategy that combines a transcriptome analysis of ..
- Aquaporin-4 is expressed in basolateral membranes of proximal tubule S3 segments in mouse kidneyA N van Hoek
Program in Membrane Biology Renal Unit and Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 278:F310-6. 2000..The functional significance of the apparent species-dependent expression of AQP4 in proximal tubules is unknown, but may relate to physiological differences between rats and mice...
- Interactions of the low density lipoprotein receptor gene family with cytosolic adaptor and scaffold proteins suggest diverse biological functions in cellular communication and signal transductionM Gotthardt
Department of Molecular Genetics and Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390-9046, USA
J Biol Chem 275:25616-24. 2000..They form the basis for the elucidation of the molecular pathways by which cells respond to the diversity of ligands that bind to these multifunctional receptors on the cell surface...
- Expression profiling confirms the role of endocytic receptor megalin in renal vitamin D3 metabolismJan Hilpert
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine and Medical Faculty of the Free University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Kidney Int 62:1672-81. 2002The endocytic receptor megalin constitutes the major pathway for clearance of low-molecular weight plasma proteins from the glomerular filtrate into the renal proximal tubules...
- Identification of megalin/gp330 as a receptor for lipoprotein(a) in vitroA Niemeier
Medical Clinic, University Hospital Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 19:552-61. 1999..In this report, we show that the low density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR) gene family member megalin/glycoprotein (gp) 330 is capable of binding and mediating the cellular uptake and degradation of Lp(a) in vitro...
- Megalin deficiency induces critical changes in mouse spinal cord developmentGrzegorz Wicher
Department of Neuroscience, Neuroanatomy, Biomedical Center, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Neuroreport 19:559-63. 2008Low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein, megalin, is a multifunctional lipoproptein receptor expressed by absorptive epithelia for endocytosis of numerous ligands...
- Estrogen and the inner ear: megalin knockout mice suffer progressive hearing lossOvidiu König
Universitäts HNO Klinik, Elfriede Aulhorn Strasse 5, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
FASEB J 22:410-7. 2008b>Megalin, the largest member of the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein family, functions as an endocytic receptor for a variety of essential lipophilic metabolites, including the steroid hormone estrogen...
- SPERM FUNCTION IN FERTILIZATION EVENTSGary Olson; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- ETHANOL, RETINOIDS, AND CONGENITAL HEART MALFORMATIONSJanee Gelineau van Waes; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- SPERM FUNCTION IN FERTILIZATION EVENTSGary Olson; Fiscal Year: 2006..3: To determine if eFGL binding to specific sperm ligands promotes sperm death and/or death cocoon polymerization.4: To define the function of eFGL by targeted disruption of the fgl2 gene in mice. ..
- Role of Selenoprotein P in Male FertilityGary Olson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 3: To identify and localize Se-P-binding proteins in the testis and epididymis. Aim 4: To determine the molecular basis for sperm defects in Se-P null mice. ..
- SPERM FUNCTION IN FERTILIZATION EVENTSGary Olson; Fiscal Year: 1992..Completion of these specific aims will provide new data on the mechanisms underlying the mosaic construction of the sperm plasma membrane and provide needed data on the molecular basis of specific fertilization events...
- SPERM FUNCTION IN FERTILIZATION EVENTSGary Olson; Fiscal Year: 1993....