Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lpcat3
Description: lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 3
Alias: C3f, Grcc3f, Lpcat, Lpeat, Lplat5, Lpsat, Mboat5, Moact5, Oact5, PTG, lysophospholipid acyltransferase 5, 1-acylglycerophosphoserine O-acyltransferase, LPC acyltransferase 3, O-acyltransferase domain-containing protein 5, lyso-PC acyltransferase 3, lyso-PE acyltransferase, lyso-PS acyltransferase, lysophosphatidylethanolamine acyltransferase, lysophosphatidylserine acyltransferase
- Xu B, Hsu P, Stark K, Karayiorgou M, Gogos J. Derepression of a neuronal inhibitor due to miRNA dysregulation in a schizophrenia-related microdeletion. Cell. 2013;152:262-75 pubmed publisher..Reduction of miR-185 also has milder age- and region-specific effects on the expression of some Golgi-related genes. Our findings illuminate the contribution of microRNAs in psychiatric disorders and cognitive dysfunction. ..
- Ishibashi M, Varin A, Filomenko R, Lopez T, Athias A, Gambert P, et al. Liver x receptor regulates arachidonic acid distribution and eicosanoid release in human macrophages: a key role for lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 3. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:1171-9 pubmed publisher..Among putative LXR target genes, lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 3 (LPCAT3) involved in the Lands cycle controls the fatty acid composition at the sn-2 position of glycerophospholipids and, ..
- Singh A, Liu J. Identification of Hepatic Lysophosphatidylcholine Acyltransferase 3 as a Novel Target Gene Regulated by Peroxisome Proliferator-activated Receptor ?. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:884-897 pubmed publisher..Hepatic lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 3 (LPCAT3) has critical functions in triglycerides transport and endoplasmic reticulum stress response due to its unique ..
- Rong X, Wang B, Dunham M, Hedde P, Wong J, Gratton E, et al. Lpcat3-dependent production of arachidonoyl phospholipids is a key determinant of triglyceride secretion. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Here we show that the phospholipid remodeling enzyme lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 3 (Lpcat3) is a critical determinant of triglyceride (TG) secretion due to its unique ability to catalyze the incorporation ..
- Wang B, Rong X, Duerr M, Hermanson D, Hedde P, Wong J, et al. Intestinal Phospholipid Remodeling Is Required for Dietary-Lipid Uptake and Survival on a High-Fat Diet. Cell Metab. 2016;23:492-504 pubmed publisher..Here we demonstrate that the LXR-responsive phospholipid-remodeling enzyme Lpcat3 modulates intestinal fatty acid and cholesterol absorption and is required for survival on a high-fat diet...