Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lpcat1
Description: lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 1
Alias: 2900035H07Rik, Aytl2, BB137372, BC005662, C87117, LPCAT, rd11, lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 1, 1-acylglycerophosphocholine O-acyltransferase, 1-alkylglycerophosphocholine O-acetyltransferase, LPC acyltransferase 1, LPCAT-1, acetyl-CoA:lyso-PAF acetyltransferase, acetyl-CoA:lyso-platelet-activating factor acetyltransferase, acyltransferase-like 2, lyso-PAF acetyltransferase, lysoPAFAT, lysoPC acyltransferase 1, mLPCAT1
- Butler P, Mallampalli R. Cross-talk between remodeling and de novo pathways maintains phospholipid balance through ubiquitination. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:6246-58 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of the remodeling enzyme, LPCAT1 (acyl-CoA:lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase) in epithelia decreased de novo PtdCho synthesis without ..
- Kihara Y, Yanagida K, Masago K, Kita Y, Hishikawa D, Shindou H, et al. Platelet-activating factor production in the spinal cord of experimental allergic encephalomyelitis mice via the group IVA cytosolic phospholipase A2-lyso-PAFAT axis. J Immunol. 2008;181:5008-14 pubmed..we demonstrate that the activities of phospholipase A(2) (PLA(2)) and acetyl-CoA:lyso-PAF acetyltransferase (LysoPAFAT) are elevated in the SC of EAE mice on a C57BL/6 genetic background compared with those of naive mice and ..
- Gao L, Rabbitt E, Condon J, Renthal N, Johnston J, Mitsche M, et al. Steroid receptor coactivators 1 and 2 mediate fetal-to-maternal signaling that initiates parturition. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:2808-24 pubmed publisher..SP-A, as well as the enzyme lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase-1 (LPCAT1), required for synthesis of surfactant dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine, and the proinflammatory glycerophospholipid ..
- Akagi S, Kono N, Ariyama H, Shindou H, Shimizu T, Arai H. Lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 1 protects against cytotoxicity induced by polyunsaturated fatty acids. FASEB J. 2016;30:2027-39 pubmed publisher..An RNA interference screen of lipid-metabolizing enzymes revealed that lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 1 (LPCAT1) was involved in the DPPC production...
- Soupene E, Kuypers F. Phosphatidylcholine formation by LPCAT1 is regulated by Ca(2+) and the redox status of the cell. BMC Biochem. 2012;13:8 pubmed publisher..De-acylated lipids are then re-acylated by lysophospholipid acyltransferase enzymes such as LPCAT1 which catalyses the formation of phosphatidylcholine (PC) from lysoPC and long-chain acyl-CoA...
- Huang Y, Kapere Ochieng J, Kempen M, Munck A, Swagemakers S, van Ijcken W, et al. Hypoxia inducible factor 3? plays a critical role in alveolarization and distal epithelial cell differentiation during mouse lung development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57695 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Hif3? affected the expression of genes not typically involved in the hypoxia response, providing evidence for a novel function of Hif3? beyond the hypoxia response. ..
- Dai X, Han J, Qi Y, Zhang H, Xiang L, Lv J, et al. AAV-mediated lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 1 (Lpcat1) gene replacement therapy rescues retinal degeneration in rd11 mice. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:1724-34 pubmed publisher..The rd11 mice carry a spontaneous mutation in the lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 1 (Lpcat1) gene...
- Dai X, Zhang H, Han J, He Y, Zhang Y, Qi Y, et al. Effects of Subretinal Gene Transfer at Different Time Points in a Mouse Model of Retinal Degeneration. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0156542 pubmed publisherb>Lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 1 (LPCAT1) is necessary for photoreceptors to generate an important lipid component of their membranes. The absence of LPCAT1 results in early and rapid rod and cone degeneration...
- Laresgoiti U, Nikolić M, Rao C, Brady J, Richardson R, Batchen E, et al. Lung epithelial tip progenitors integrate glucocorticoid- and STAT3-mediated signals to control progeny fate. Development. 2016;143:3686-3699 pubmed..Further elucidation of these pathways might provide therapeutic opportunities for restoring alveolar capacity. ..
- Harayama T, Eto M, Shindou H, Kita Y, Otsubo E, Hishikawa D, et al. Lysophospholipid acyltransferases mediate phosphatidylcholine diversification to achieve the physical properties required in vivo. Cell Metab. 2014;20:295-305 pubmed publisher..We propose a model of harmonized processes for phospholipid diversification to satisfy in vivo requirements, with an example of its biological relevance. ..
- Lin S, Ikegami M, Moon C, Naren A, Shannon J. Lysophosphatidylcholine Acyltransferase 1 (LPCAT1) Specifically Interacts with Phospholipid Transfer Protein StarD10 to Facilitate Surfactant Phospholipid Trafficking in Alveolar Type II Cells. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:18559-74 pubmed publisher..both de novo and by the remodeling of unsaturated phosphatidylcholine (PC) by lyso-PC acyltransferase 1 (LPCAT1)...