Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Loxl2
Description: lysyl oxidase-like 2
Alias: 1110004B06Rik, 4930526G11Rik, 9430067E15Rik, lysyl oxidase homolog 2, lysyl oxidase-like protein 2
- Choi S, Jeon N, Choi H, Shin J, Jeong H, Lim B. Lysyl oxidaseâ€‘like 2 is expressed in kidney tissue and is associated with the progression of tubulointerstitial fibrosis. Mol Med Rep. 2017;16:2477-2482 pubmed publisher..Lysyl oxidaseâ€‘likeÂ 2 (LOXL2), which is involved in invasive growth and metastasis of malignant neoplasms, has recently been reported to serve ..
- Pischon N, Mäki J, Weisshaupt P, Heng N, Palamakumbura A, N Guessan P, et al. Lysyl oxidase (lox) gene deficiency affects osteoblastic phenotype. Calcif Tissue Int. 2009;85:119-26 pubmed publisher..However, mineral nodule formation and osteoblastic differentiation were markedly decreased, as revealed by significant downregulation of osteoblastic markers, type I collagen, bone sialoprotein, and Runx2/Cbfa1. ..
- Peng D, Ungewiss C, Tong P, Byers L, Wang J, Canales J, et al. ZEB1 induces LOXL2-mediated collagen stabilization and deposition in the extracellular matrix to drive lung cancer invasion and metastasis. Oncogene. 2017;36:1925-1938 pubmed publisher..Expression of the LOX and LOXL2 isoforms is directly regulated by miR-200 and ZEB1, respectively, and their upregulation in metastatic tumors and ..
- Zhang J, Liu Z, Zhang T, Lin Z, Li Z, Zhang A, et al. Loss of Lysyl Oxidase-like 3 Attenuates Embryonic Lung Development in Mice. Sci Rep. 2016;6:33856 pubmed publisher..Increased transforming growth factor ?1 (TGF?1) expression might be involved in the up-regulation of LOXL4 in LOXL3-deficient lungs. We concluded that the loss of LOXL3 attenuates mouse embryonic lung development. ..
- Wong C, Tse A, Huang Y, Zhu Y, Chiu D, Lai R, et al. Lysyl oxidase-like 2 is critical to tumor microenvironment and metastatic niche formation in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2014;60:1645-58 pubmed publisher..First, we showed that HCC metastasis relies on a collagen-modifying enzyme, LOXL2, which was significantly overexpressed in tumorous tissues and sera of HCC patients, indicating that LOXL2 may be ..
- Dongiovanni P, Meroni M, Baselli G, Bassani G, Rametta R, Pietrelli A, et al. Insulin resistance promotes Lysyl Oxidase Like 2 induction and fibrosis accumulation in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:1301-1315 pubmed publisher..InsR+/- promoted hepatic fibrosis accumulation, which correlated with the induction of the Lysyl Oxidase Like 2 (Loxl2), involved in matrix stabilization...
- Jang W, Hua A, Spilson S, Miller W, Roe B, Meisler M. Comparative sequence of human and mouse BAC clones from the mnd2 region of chromosome 2p13. Genome Res. 1999;9:53-61 pubmed
- Canesin G, Cuevas E, Santos V, Lopez Menendez C, Moreno Bueno G, Huang Y, et al. Lysyl oxidase-like 2 (LOXL2) and E47 EMT factor: novel partners in E-cadherin repression and early metastasis colonization. Oncogene. 2015;34:951-64 pubmed publisher..We previously described lysyl oxidase-like 2 (LOXL2), a member of the lysyl oxidase family, as a Snail1 regulator and EMT inducer...
- Millanes Romero A, Herranz N, Perrera V, Iturbide A, Loubat Casanovas J, Gil J, et al. Regulation of heterochromatin transcription by Snail1/LOXL2 during epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition. Mol Cell. 2013;52:746-57 pubmed publisher..the Snail1 transcription factor represses mouse pericentromeric transcription, acting through the H3K4 deaminase LOXL2. Since Snail1 plays a key role in the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition (EMT), we analyzed the regulation of ..
- Bignon M, Pichol Thievend C, Hardouin J, Malbouyres M, Bréchot N, Nasciutti L, et al. Lysyl oxidase-like protein-2 regulates sprouting angiogenesis and type IV collagen assembly in the endothelial basement membrane. Blood. 2011;118:3979-89 pubmed publisher..Here, we report the characterization of lysyl oxidase-like protein-2 (LOXL2) as a hypoxia-target expressed in neovessels and accumulated in the endothelial ECM...
- Barry Hamilton V, Spangler R, Marshall D, McCauley S, Rodriguez H, Oyasu M, et al. Allosteric inhibition of lysyl oxidase-like-2 impedes the development of a pathologic microenvironment. Nat Med. 2010;16:1009-17 pubmed publisherWe have identified a new role for the matrix enzyme lysyl oxidase-like-2 (LOXL2) in the creation and maintenance of the pathologic microenvironment of cancer and fibrotic disease...
- Atsawasuwan P, Mochida Y, Parisuthiman D, Yamauchi M. Expression of lysyl oxidase isoforms in MC3T3-E1 osteoblastic cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;327:1042-6 pubmed..The results demonstrated that LOX and all LOXLs, except LOXL2, were expressed in this cell line and that the expression pattern during cell differentiation and matrix ..
- Salvador F, Martin A, LÃ³pez MenÃ©ndez C, Moreno Bueno G, Santos V, VÃ¡zquez Naharro A, et al. Lysyl Oxidase-like Protein LOXL2 Promotes Lung Metastasis of Breast Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5846-5859 pubmed publisherThe lysyl oxidase-like protein LOXL2 has been suggested to contribute to tumor progression and metastasis, but in vivo evidence has been lacking...