Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LOC102642252
Description: uncharacterized LOC102642252
Alias: IgH, IgVH, immunoglobulin heavy chain V-region, immunoglobulin heavy chain variable region
- Kretschmer K, Engel H, Weiss S. Strong antigenic selection shaping the immunoglobulin heavy chain repertoire of B-1a lymphocytes in lambda 2(315) transgenic mice. Eur J Immunol. 2002;32:2317-27 pubmed..study positive selection processes, we show that restriction to a single L chain results in a strongly oligoclonal IgH chain repertoire in fetal and neonatal liver-derived B cells, as well as in peritoneal CD5(+) B-1 lymphocytes from ..
- Prado C, Rodriguez M, Cortegano I, Ruiz C, Alía M, de Andres B, et al. Postnatal and adult immunoglobulin repertoires of innate-like CD19(+)CD45R(lo) B Cells. J Innate Immun. 2014;6:499-514 pubmed publisher..Moreover, statistical models suggest that a proportion of the switched sequences in adult 19(+)45R(lo) cells had experienced antigen selection, unlike other innate-like B cell compartments. ..
- Roy B, Brennecke A, Agarwal S, Krey M, Düber S, Weiss S. An intrinsic propensity of murine peritoneal B1b cells to switch to IgA in presence of TGF-? and retinoic acid. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e82121 pubmed publisher..Our study extends our knowledge about the existing differences among B cell subpopulations with regards to IgA production and indicates towards their differential contribution to gut associated humoral immunity. ..
- Xia Y, Wen W, Huang W, Huang B. Development of a phage displayed disulfide-stabilized Fv fragment vaccine against Vibrio anguillarum. Vaccine. 2005;23:3174-80 pubmed..Thus, this phage-displayed dsFv may be used as vaccine against V. anguillarum in fishery. ..
- Trad A, Tanasa R, Lange H, Zemlin M, Schroeder H, Lemke H. Clonal Progression during the T Cell-Dependent B Cell Antibody Response Depends on the Immunoglobulin DH Gene Segment Repertoire. Front Immunol. 2014;5:385 pubmed publisherThe diversity of the third complementarity determining region of the IgH chain is constrained by natural selection of immunoglobulin diversity (DH) sequence...
- Tas J, Mesin L, Pasqual G, Targ S, Jacobsen J, Mano Y, et al. Visualizing antibody affinity maturation in germinal centers. Science. 2016;351:1048-54 pubmed publisher..Our findings have implications for development of vaccines in which antibodies with nonimmunodominant specificities must be elicited, as is the case for HIV-1 and influenza. ..
- Holodick N, Vizconde T, Hopkins T, Rothstein T. Age-Related Decline in Natural IgM Function: Diversification and Selection of the B-1a Cell Pool with Age. J Immunol. 2016;196:4348-57 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest selection-induced skewing alters B-1a cell-derived natural Ab, which may in turn be responsible for the loss of natural IgM-mediated protection against pneumococcal infection. ..
- Rohatgi S, Dutta D, Tahir S, Sehgal D. Molecular dissection of antibody responses against pneumococcal surface protein A: evidence for diverse DH-less heavy chain gene usage and avidity maturation. J Immunol. 2009;182:5570-85 pubmed publisher..ELISA additivity assay indicated that members within a group recognized topographically related epitopes. This study provides molecular insights into the biology of D(H)-less Abs. ..
- Clarke S, Staudt L, Kavaler J, Schwartz D, Gerhard W, Weigert M. V region gene usage and somatic mutation in the primary and secondary responses to influenza virus hemagglutinin. J Immunol. 1990;144:2795-801 pubmed..Secondary C4 antibodies are also encoded by the same Vk8-Jk5 gene segment and by diverse VH genes. Additional heterogeneity in the secondary response is caused by somatic mutation. ..
- Kretschmer K, Jungebloud A, Stopkowicz J, Stoermann B, Hoffmann R, Weiss S. Antibody repertoire and gene expression profile: implications for different developmental and functional traits of splenic and peritoneal B-1 lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2003;171:1192-201 pubmed..Thus, splenic and peritoneal B-1a cells differ not only in their developmental program but also in functional properties. ..
- Haines B, Angeles C, Parmelee A, McLean P, Brodeur P. Germline diversity of the expressed BALB/c VhJ558 gene family. Mol Immunol. 2001;38:9-18 pubmedAlthough the mouse immunoglobulin heavy chain (Igh) locus contains 15 heavy chain V (Vh) gene families, at least half of the Vh gene segments are members of the VhJ558 family...
- Mihara M, Tan I, Chuzhin Y, Reddy B, Budhai L, Holzer A, et al. CTLA4Ig inhibits T cell-dependent B-cell maturation in murine systemic lupus erythematosus. J Clin Invest. 2000;106:91-101 pubmed..High-dose CTLA4Ig did not induce permanent tolerance in this autoimmune disease model. Furthermore, although the mice survived in a conventional housing facility, treatment with Ad-CTLA4Ig was immunosuppressive. ..
- Lange H, Kobarg J, Yazynin S, Solterbeck M, Henningsen M, Hansen H, et al. Genetic analysis of the maternally induced affinity enhancement in the non-Ox1 idiotypic antibody repertoire of the primary immune response to 2-phenyloxazolone. Scand J Immunol. 1999;49:55-66 pubmed
- Shimoda M, Inoue Y, Ametani A, Fujiwara J, Tsuji N, Kurisaki J, et al. Anti-DNA IgA autoantibodies are spontaneously generated in mouse Peyer's patches. Immunology. 1998;95:200-7 pubmed..Our findings suggest that even in normal healthy animals, anti-DNA antibodies of IgA isotype can be produced in certain peripheral environments such as in PP by spontaneous antigenic stimulation. ..
- Krishnan M, Jou N, Marion T. Correlation between the amino acid position of arginine in VH-CDR3 and specificity for native DNA among autoimmune antibodies. J Immunol. 1996;157:2430-9 pubmed
- Kavaler J, Caton A, Staudt L, Schwartz D, Gerhard W. A set of closely related antibodies dominates the primary antibody response to the antigenic site CB of the A/PR/8/34 influenza virus hemagglutinin. J Immunol. 1990;145:2312-21 pubmed..The preferential participation of B cells expressing this VH/VK combination is largely responsible for the dominance of anti-Cb site antibodies in the primary anti-hemagglutinin response. ..