Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lmnb1
Description: lamin B1
- Lin S, Fu Y. miR-23 regulation of lamin B1 is crucial for oligodendrocyte development and myelination. Dis Model Mech. 2009;2:178-88 pubmed publisherDuplication of the gene encoding lamin B1 (LMNB1) with increased mRNA and protein levels has been shown to cause severe myelin loss in the brains of adult-onset autosomal dominant leukodystrophy patients...
- Malhas A, Lee C, Vaux D. Lamin B1 controls oxidative stress responses via Oct-1. J Cell Biol. 2009;184:45-55 pubmed publisher..IP), fluorescence loss in photobleaching, and fluorescence resonance energy transfer, we confirm Oct-1-lamin B1 association at the nuclear periphery and show that this association is lost in Lmnb1(Delta/Delta) cells...
- Ji J, Lee R, Vergnes L, Fong L, Stewart C, Reue K, et al. Cell nuclei spin in the absence of lamin b1. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:20015-26 pubmed..To assess the functional importance of lamin B1, we examined nuclear dynamics in fibroblasts from Lmnb1(Delta/Delta) and wild-type littermate embryos by time-..
- Jung H, Nobumori C, Goulbourne C, Tu Y, Lee J, Tatar A, et al. Farnesylation of lamin B1 is important for retention of nuclear chromatin during neuronal migration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E1923-32 pubmed publisher..of progeria has been studied in considerable detail, but the importance of farnesylation for the B-type lamins, lamin B1 and lamin B2, has received little attention...
- Zhang X, Lei K, Yuan X, Wu X, Zhuang Y, Xu T, et al. SUN1/2 and Syne/Nesprin-1/2 complexes connect centrosome to the nucleus during neurogenesis and neuronal migration in mice. Neuron. 2009;64:173-87 pubmed publisher..Syne-2 mutants also display severe defects in learning and memory. These results fill an important gap in our understanding of the mechanism of nuclear movement during brain development. ..
- Solovei I, Wang A, Thanisch K, Schmidt C, Krebs S, Zwerger M, et al. LBR and lamin A/C sequentially tether peripheral heterochromatin and inversely regulate differentiation. Cell. 2013;152:584-98 pubmed publisher..These results show how changes in NE composition contribute to regulating heterochromatin positioning, gene expression, and cellular differentiation during development...
- Yang S, Chang S, Yin L, Tu Y, Hu Y, Yoshinaga Y, et al. An absence of both lamin B1 and lamin B2 in keratinocytes has no effect on cell proliferation or the development of skin and hair. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:3537-44 pubmed publisher..Lmnb1 and Lmnb2 transcripts were absent in keratinocytes of Lmnb1(?/?)Lmnb2(?/?) mice, and lamin B1 and lamin B2 proteins were undetectable...
- Kim Y, Sharov A, McDole K, Cheng M, Hao H, Fan C, et al. Mouse B-type lamins are required for proper organogenesis but not by embryonic stem cells. Science. 2011;334:1706-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, our studies not only disprove several prevailing views of lamin-Bs but also establish a foundation for redefining the function of the nuclear lamina in the context of tissue building and homeostasis...
- Heng M, Lin S, Verret L, Huang Y, Kamiya S, Padiath Q, et al. Lamin B1 mediates cell-autonomous neuropathology in a leukodystrophy mouse model. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:2719-29 pubmed publisher..ADLD is caused by duplication of the LMNB1 gene, which results in increased lamin B1 transcripts and protein expression. How duplication of LMNB1 leads to myelin defects is unknown...
- Tsika R, Schramm C, Simmer G, Fitzsimons D, Moss R, Ji J. Overexpression of TEAD-1 in transgenic mouse striated muscles produces a slower skeletal muscle contractile phenotype. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:36154-67 pubmed publisher..These novel in vivo data support a role for TEAD-1 in modulating slow muscle gene expression. ..
- Cocquet J, Ellis P, Mahadevaiah S, Affara N, Vaiman D, Burgoyne P. A genetic basis for a postmeiotic X versus Y chromosome intragenomic conflict in the mouse. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002900 pubmed publisher..It also provides a biological basis for the concept that intragenomic conflict is an important evolutionary force which impacts on gene expression, genome structure, and speciation...
- Höger T, Zatloukal K, Waizenegger I, Krohne G. Characterization of a second highly conserved B-type lamin present in cells previously thought to contain only a single B-type lamin. Chromosoma. 1990;99:379-90 pubmed..Lamin B2 is coexpressed with lamin B1 (formerly termed lamin B) in all somatic cells and mammalian species that we analysed, including a variety of ..
- Chiu S, Asai N, Costantini F, Hsu W. SUMO-specific protease 2 is essential for modulating p53-Mdm2 in development of trophoblast stem cell niches and lineages. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e310 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a key genetic pathway, SENP2-Mdm2-p53, underlying trophoblast lineage development, suggesting its pivotal role in cell cycle progression of mitosis and endoreduplication. ..
- Luo L, Gassman K, Petell L, Wilson C, Bewersdorf J, Shopland L. The nuclear periphery of embryonic stem cells is a transcriptionally permissive and repressive compartment. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3729-37 pubmed publisher..In addition, our data indicate that the nuclear peripheries of multiple cell types can contain a significant fraction of both active and repressed genes. ..
- Moss S, Burnham B, Bellve A. The differential expression of lamin epitopes during mouse spermatogenesis. Mol Reprod Dev. 1993;34:164-74 pubmed..These data demonstrate that germ cells contain lamin B throughout spermatogenesis, even during meiosis and spermiogenesis when the nuclear periphery lacks a distinct fibrous lamina. ..
- Burns K, Viveiros M, Ren Y, Wang P, DeMayo F, Frail D, et al. Roles of NPM2 in chromatin and nucleolar organization in oocytes and embryos. Science. 2003;300:633-6 pubmed..Thus, Npm2 is a maternal effect gene critical for nuclear and nucleolar organization and embryonic development. ..
- Niimi T, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Srisodsai A, Zimonjic D, et al. Cloning, expression, and chromosomal localization of the mouse gene (Scgb3a1, alias Ugrp2) that encodes a member of the novel uteroglobin-related protein gene family. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2002;97:120-7 pubmed..These regions are known to be homologous. Interspecific mouse backcross mapping was also performed to obtain further detailed localization of mouse Ugrp1 and Ugrp2. ..
- Skvorak A, Robertson N, Yin Y, Weremowicz S, Her H, Bieber F, et al. An ancient conserved gene expressed in the human inner ear: identification, expression analysis, and chromosomal mapping of human and mouse antiquitin (ATQ1). Genomics. 1997;46:191-9 pubmed..Four human antiquitin-like sequences, possibly pseudogenes, were also identified and mapped. ..
- Gigante C, Dibattista M, Dong F, Zheng X, Yue S, Young S, et al. Lamin B1 is required for mature neuron-specific gene expression during olfactory sensory neuron differentiation. Nat Commun. 2017;8:15098 pubmed publisher..Here, we identify lamin B1 as a key regulator of gene expression required for the formation of functional olfactory sensory neurons...
- McKeon F, Kirschner M, Caput D. Homologies in both primary and secondary structure between nuclear envelope and intermediate filament proteins. Nature. 1986;319:463-8 pubmed..These features suggest that the nuclear envelope is made up of a network of coiled-coil polymers. ..
- de Castro S, Malhas A, Leung K, Gustavsson P, Vaux D, Copp A, et al. Lamin b1 polymorphism influences morphology of the nuclear envelope, cell cycle progression, and risk of neural tube defects in mice. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003059 pubmed publisher..Through proteomic analysis, we found that the curly tail genetic background harbours a polymorphic variant of lamin B1, lacking one of a series of nine glutamic acid residues...
- Lin S, Zhang L, Lin X, Zhang L, Garcia V, Tsai C, et al. Nuclear envelope protein MAN1 regulates clock through BMAL1. elife. 2014;3:e02981 pubmed publisher..Our results establish a novel connection between the nuclear periphery and circadian rhythmicity, therefore bridging two global regulatory systems that modulate all aspects of bodily functions. ..
- Verstraeten V, Peckham L, Olive M, Capell B, Collins F, Nabel E, et al. Protein farnesylation inhibitors cause donut-shaped cell nuclei attributable to a centrosome separation defect. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:4997-5002 pubmed publisher..Binucleated cells proliferate slowly. We identified lamin B1 and proteasome-mediated degradation of pericentrin as critical components in FTI-induced "donut formation&..
- Paznekas W, Zhang N, Gridley T, Jabs E. Mouse TCOF1 is expressed widely, has motifs conserved in nucleolar phosphoproteins, and maps to chromosome 18. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;238:1-6 pubmed..Our results are consistent with TCOF1 mutations leading to the Treacher Collins syndrome phenotype. ..
- Goto M, O Brien D, Eddy E. Speriolin is a novel human and mouse sperm centrosome protein. Hum Reprod. 2010;25:1884-94 pubmed publisher..Speriolin is a novel centrosomal protein present in the connecting piece region of mouse and human sperm that is transmitted to the mouse zygote and can be detected throughout the first mitotic division. ..
- Nikolova V, Delimitreva S, Chakarova I, Zhivkova R, Hadzhinesheva V, Markova M. Dynamics of Lamins B and A/C and Nucleoporin Nup160 during Meiotic Maturation in Mouse Oocytes. Folia Biol (Praha). 2017;63:6-12 pubmed..The peculiar distribution of this nucleoporin in oocytes may reflect its role in meiosis-specific mechanisms of spindle assembly and its regulation. ..
- Jung H, Tatar A, Tu Y, Nobumori C, Yang S, Goulbourne C, et al. An absence of nuclear lamins in keratinocytes leads to ichthyosis, defective epidermal barrier function, and intrusion of nuclear membranes and endoplasmic reticulum into the nuclear chromatin. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:4534-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, a key function of the nuclear lamina is to serve as a "fence" and prevent the incursion of cytoplasmic organelles into the nuclear chromatin. ..
- Appler J, Lu C, Druckenbrod N, Yu W, Koundakjian E, Goodrich L. Gata3 is a critical regulator of cochlear wiring. J Neurosci. 2013;33:3679-91 pubmed publisher..As the first auditory-specific regulator of SGN development, Gata3 provides a useful molecular entry point for efforts to engineer SGNs for the restoration of hearing. ..
- Lee J, Tu Y, Tatar A, Wu D, Nobumori C, Jung H, et al. Reciprocal knock-in mice to investigate the functional redundancy of lamin B1 and lamin B2. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:1666-75 pubmed publisher..knock-in mice"-mice that make lamin B2 from the Lmnb1 locus (Lmnb1(B2/B2)) and mice that make lamin B1 from the Lmnb2 locus (Lmnb2(B1/B1))...
- Jeremiah S, McCann K, Williams A, Ramsden D, Pilz A, Fox M, et al. Chromosomal localisation of genes coding for human and mouse liver cytosolic cysteine dioxygenase. Ann Hum Genet. 1996;60:29-33 pubmed..Interspecific backcross mapping in the mouse indicated that Cdo, the mouse homologue of CDO, is situated in the central region of mouse chromosome 18 which shares a region of homology with human chromosome 5. ..
- Bertrand A, Renou L, Papadopoulos A, Beuvin M, Lacene E, Massart C, et al. DelK32-lamin A/C has abnormal location and induces incomplete tissue maturation and severe metabolic defects leading to premature death. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:1037-48 pubmed publisher..And importantly, L-CMD patients should be investigated for putative metabolic disorders. ..
- Gwynn B, Eicher E, Peters L. Genetic localization of Cd63, a member of the transmembrane 4 superfamily, reveals two distinct loci in the mouse genome. Genomics. 1996;35:389-91 pubmed..The second locus maps to mouse Chr 18 in a region that bears no known human CD63-related genes. No SPD has been localized to these regions of either the mouse or the human chromosomes. ..
- Choo M, Yeo H, Zayzafoon M. NFATc1 mediates HDAC-dependent transcriptional repression of osteocalcin expression during osteoblast differentiation. Bone. 2009;45:579-89 pubmed publisher..These preliminary results suggest that NFATc1 acts as a transcriptional co-repressor of osteocalcin promoter, possibly in an HDAC-dependent manner. ..
- Feldhahn N, Ferretti E, Robbiani D, Callen E, Deroubaix S, Selleri L, et al. The hSSB1 orthologue Obfc2b is essential for skeletogenesis but dispensable for the DNA damage response in vivo. EMBO J. 2012;31:4045-56 pubmed publisher..While being dispensable in most other cell lineages, its absence leads to a compensatory increase in Obfc2a protein, a homologue required for the maintenance of genomic integrity. ..
- Fossat N, Le Greneur C, Beby F, Vincent S, Godement P, Chatelain G, et al. A new GFP-tagged line reveals unexpected Otx2 protein localization in retinal photoreceptors. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:122 pubmed..This opens up the way to live imaging of a highly dynamic actor of brain development and can be adapted to any mutant background to probe for genetic interaction between Otx2 and the mutated gene. ..
- Karmodiya K, Anamika K, Muley V, Pradhan S, Bhide Y, Galande S. Camello, a novel family of Histone Acetyltransferases that acetylate histone H4 and is essential for zebrafish development. Sci Rep. 2014;4:6076 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study identified a novel family of active HATs that is specific for histone H4 acetylation, exhibits perinuclear localization and is essential for zebrafish development. ..
- Guo Y, Kim Y, Shimi T, Goldman R, Zheng Y. Concentration-dependent lamin assembly and its roles in the localization of other nuclear proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:1287-97 pubmed publisher..Thus, when investigating the role of the NL in development and disease, it is critical to determine the protein levels of relevant lamins and the intricate shared or specific lamin functions in the tissue of interest. ..
- Ishihara T, Ban Ishihara R, Maeda M, Matsunaga Y, Ichimura A, Kyogoku S, et al. Dynamics of mitochondrial DNA nucleoids regulated by mitochondrial fission is essential for maintenance of homogeneously active mitochondria during neonatal heart development. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:211-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, the dynamics of mtDNA nucleoids regulated by mitochondrial fission is required for neonatal cardiomyocyte development by promoting homogeneous distribution of active mitochondria throughout the cardiomyocytes. ..
- Pan Y, Decker W, Huq A, Craigen W. Retrotransposition of glycerol kinase-related genes from the X chromosome to autosomes: functional and evolutionary aspects. Genomics. 1999;59:282-90 pubmed..A comparison of the human and mouse GyK-like gene sequences demonstrates the evolutionary relationships between each autosomal isoform and its corresponding X-linked ancestral locus. ..
- Soh Y, Mikedis M, Kojima M, Godfrey A, de Rooij D, Page D. Meioc maintains an extended meiotic prophase I in mice. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006704 pubmed publisher..Specifically, MEIOC, together with YTHDC2, promotes a meiotic (as opposed to mitotic) cell cycle program via post-transcriptional control of their target transcripts. ..
- Fiume R, Ramazzotti G, Teti G, Chiarini F, Faenza I, Mazzotti G, et al. Involvement of nuclear PLCbeta1 in lamin B1 phosphorylation and G2/M cell cycle progression. FASEB J. 2009;23:957-66 pubmed publisher..kinase (MAPK) and protein kinase C (PKC), which can, potentially, transduce serum mitogenic stimulus and induce lamin B1 phosphorylation, leading to G(2)/M progression...
- Höger T, Krohne G, Franke W. Amino acid sequence and molecular characterization of murine lamin B as deduced from cDNA clones. Eur J Cell Biol. 1988;47:283-90 pubmed..The tail domain, which does not reveal a hydrophobic region of considerable length, contains a typical karyophilic signal sequence and an uninterrupted stretch of eight negatively charged amino acids.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Furukawa K, Inagaki H, Naruge T, Tabata S, Tomida T, Yamaguchi A, et al. cDNA cloning and functional characterization of a meiosis-specific protein (MNS1) with apparent nuclear association. Chromosome Res. 1994;2:99-113 pubmed..The MNS1 protein is specifically expressed at the pachytene stage during spermatogenesis, so that its function may involve the determination and maintenance of the appropriate nuclear morphology during meiotic prophase. ..
- Baek J, Schmidt E, Viceconte N, Strandgren C, Pernold K, Richard T, et al. Expression of progerin in aging mouse brains reveals structural nuclear abnormalities without detectible significant alterations in gene expression, hippocampal stem cells or behavior. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:1305-21 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that certain tissues are protected from functional deleterious effects of progerin. ..
- Justice M, Gilbert D, Kinzler K, Vogelstein B, Buchberg A, Ceci J, et al. A molecular genetic linkage map of mouse chromosome 18 reveals extensive linkage conservation with human chromosomes 5 and 18. Genomics. 1992;13:1281-8 pubmed..It also provides molecular access to many regions of mouse chromosome 18 for the first time. ..
- Dixon J, Hovanes K, Shiang R, Dixon M. Sequence analysis, identification of evolutionary conserved motifs and expression analysis of murine tcof1 provide further evidence for a potential function for the gene and its human homologue, TCOF1. Hum Mol Genet. 1997;6:727-37 pubmed..These observations support a role for the gene in the development of the craniofacial complex and provide further evidence that the gene encodes a protein which may be involved in nucleolar-cytoplasmic transport. ..
- Bartoletti Stella A, Gasparini L, Giacomini C, Corrado P, Terlizzi R, Giorgio E, et al. Messenger RNA processing is altered in autosomal dominant leukodystrophy. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:2746-56 pubmed publisher..ADLD is caused by duplication of the lamin B1 gene (LMNB1), which leads to its increased expression...
- Mou F, Wills E, Park R, Baines J. Effects of lamin A/C, lamin B1, and viral US3 kinase activity on viral infectivity, virion egress, and the targeting of herpes simplex virus U(L)34-encoded protein to the inner nuclear membrane. J Virol. 2008;82:8094-104 pubmed publisher..In the present study, glutathione S-transferase/pU(L)34 was shown to specifically pull down lamin A and lamin B1 from cellular lysates...
- Tapia O, Fong L, Huber M, Young S, Gerace L. Nuclear envelope protein Lem2 is required for mouse development and regulates MAP and AKT kinases. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0116196 pubmed publisher..Since increased MAP kinase and AKT/mTORC signaling is found in other animal models for diseases linked to nuclear lamina proteins, LEMD2 should be considered to be another candidate gene for human disease. ..
- Giacomini C, Mahajani S, Ruffilli R, Marotta R, Gasparini L. Lamin B1 protein is required for dendrite development in primary mouse cortical neurons. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:35-47 pubmed publisherb>Lamin B1, a key component of the nuclear lamina, plays an important role in brain development and function...
- Stroud M, Feng W, Zhang J, Veevers J, Fang X, Gerace L, et al. Nesprin 1Î±2 is essential for mouse postnatal viability and nuclear positioning in skeletal muscle. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1915-1924 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we revealed that kinesin 1 was displaced in fibers of nesprin 1Î±2-knockout mice, suggesting that this interaction may play an important role in positioning of myonuclei and functional skeletal muscle. ..
- Davis H, Lewis A, Spencer Dene B, Tateossian H, Stamp G, Behrens A, et al. FBXW7 mutations typically found in human cancers are distinct from null alleles and disrupt lung development. J Pathol. 2011;224:180-9 pubmed publisher..Fbxw7(R482Q) alleles are not functionally equivalent to heterozygous or homozygous null alleles, and we propose that they are selected in tumourigenesis because they cause a selective or partial loss of FBXW7 function. ..
- Mahajani S, Giacomini C, Marinaro F, De Pietri Tonelli D, Contestabile A, Gasparini L. Lamin B1 levels modulate differentiation into neurons during embryonic corticogenesis. Sci Rep. 2017;7:4897 pubmed publisherb>Lamin B1, a key component of the nuclear lamina, plays an important role in brain development. Ablation of endogenous Lamin B1 (Lmnb1) in the mouse strongly impairs embryonic brain development and corticogenesis...
- Lee J, Jung H, Fong L, Young S. Do lamin B1 and lamin B2 have redundant functions?. Nucleus. 2014;5:287-92 pubmed publisher..To explore that issue, Lee and coworkers generated "reciprocal knock-in mice" (knock-in mice that produce lamin B1 from the Lmnb2 locus and knock-in mice that produce lamin B2 from the Lmnb1 locus)...
- Costa Y, Ding J, Theunissen T, Faiola F, Hore T, Shliaha P, et al. NANOG-dependent function of TET1 and TET2 in establishment of pluripotency. Nature. 2013;495:370-4 pubmed publisher..These results provide an insight into the reprogramming mechanism of NANOG and uncover a new role for 5-methylcytosine hydroxylases in the establishment of naive pluripotency. ..
- Eto K, Sonoda Y, Jin Y, Abe S. Phosphorylated SAP155, the spliceosomal component, is localized to chromatin in postnatal mouse testes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;393:577-81 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the active spliceosome, containing phosphorylated SAP155, performs pre-mRNA splicing on chromatin concomitant with transcription during testicular development. ..
- Chang M, Jin W, Chang J, Xiao Y, Brittain G, Yu J, et al. The ubiquitin ligase Peli1 negatively regulates T cell activation and prevents autoimmunity. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:1002-9 pubmed publisher..Our results identify Peli1 as a critical factor in the maintenance of peripheral T cell tolerance and demonstrate a previously unknown mechanism of c-Rel regulation. ..