Genomes and Genes
LIM kinase 2
Gene Symbol: LIM kinase 2
Description: LIM motif-containing protein kinase 2
Alias: Limk-2, whe, LIM domain kinase 2, LIM kinase 2
Products: LIM kinase 2
- Rice D, Hansen G, Liu F, Crist M, Newhouse M, Potter D, et al. Keratinocyte migration in the developing eyelid requires LIMK2. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47168 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that LIMK2 activity is required for keratinocyte migration in the developing eyelid. ..
- Nekrasova T, Minden A. Role for p21-activated kinase PAK4 in development of the mammalian heart. Transgenic Res. 2012;21:797-811 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PAK4 functions, including control of actin dynamics, are necessary for normal development of the heart. ..
- Vardouli L, Moustakas A, Stournaras C. LIM-kinase 2 and cofilin phosphorylation mediate actin cytoskeleton reorganization induced by transforming growth factor-beta. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:11448-57 pubmed..Our data define a novel pathway emanating from the TGF-beta type I receptor and leading to regulation of actin assembly, via the kinase LIMK2. ..
- Ybot Gonzalez P, Savery D, Gerrelli D, Signore M, Mitchell C, Faux C, et al. Convergent extension, planar-cell-polarity signalling and initiation of mouse neural tube closure. Development. 2007;134:789-99 pubmed..These findings identify a cell-autonomous defect of convergent extension, requiring PCP signalling via RhoA-Rho kinase, during the development of severe neural tube defects in the mouse. ..
- Rosario M, Schuster S, Jüttner R, Parthasarathy S, Tarabykin V, Birchmeier W. Neocortical dendritic complexity is controlled during development by NOMA-GAP-dependent inhibition of Cdc42 and activation of cofilin. Genes Dev. 2012;26:1743-57 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a novel cell-intrinsic mechanism to regulate dendritic branching and thus neuronal complexity in the cerebral cortex. ..
- Lourenco F, Munro J, Brown J, Cordero J, Stefanatos R, Strathdee K, et al. Reduced LIMK2 expression in colorectal cancer reflects its role in limiting stem cell proliferation. Gut. 2014;63:480-93 pubmed publisherColorectal cancer (CRC) is a major contributor to cancer mortality and morbidity. LIM kinase 2 (LIMK2) promotes tumour cell invasion and metastasis...
- Koshimizu U, Takahashi H, Yoshida M, Nakamura T. cDNA cloning, genomic organization, and chromosomal localization of the mouse LIM motif-containing kinase gene, Limk2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;241:243-50 pubmed..Fluorescent in situ hybridization analysis showed the Limk2 gene were mapped to mouse chromosome 1D. These findings provide some important clues to the in vivo functions of LIM kinases. ..
- Liu A, Zhou Z, Dang R, Zhu Y, Qi J, He G, et al. Neuroligin 1 regulates spines and synaptic plasticity via LIMK1/cofilin-mediated actin reorganization. J Cell Biol. 2016;212:449-63 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a novel postsynaptic mechanism by which NLG1 regulates synapse development and function. ..
- Ikebe C, Ohashi K, Fujimori T, Bernard O, Noda T, Robertson E, et al. Mouse LIM-kinase 2 gene: cDNA cloning, genomic organization, and tissue-specific expression of two alternatively initiated transcripts. Genomics. 1997;46:504-8 pubmed..Limk2a and Limk2b transcripts were expressed at different ratios in a variety of mouse tissues. ..
- Palmer K, Fairfield H, Borgeia S, Curtain M, Hassan M, Dionne L, et al. Discovery and characterization of spontaneous mouse models of craniofacial dysmorphology. Dev Biol. 2016;415:216-227 pubmed publisher..Together with our detailed characterization, this work provides a valuable gene discovery resource for the craniofacial community, and a rich source of mouse models for further investigation. ..
- Andrews W, Zito A, Memi F, Jones G, Tamamaki N, Parnavelas J. Limk2 mediates semaphorin signalling in cortical interneurons migrating through the subpallium. Biol Open. 2013;2:277-82 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a previously unknown role for Limk2 in interneuron migration and Sema3A signalling. ..
- Jiang X, Wassif C, Backlund P, Song L, Holtzclaw L, Li Z, et al. Activation of Rho GTPases in Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome: pathophysiological and clinical implications. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:1347-57 pubmed publisher..Developmental abnormalities of neuronal process formation may contribute to the neurocognitive deficits found in SLOS and may represent a potential target for therapeutic intervention. ..