Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lhx1
Description: LIM homeobox protein 1
Alias: Lim1, LIM/homeobox protein Lhx1, LIM homeo box protein 1, homeobox protein Lim-1
- Sieber M, Storm R, Martinez de la Torre M, Muller T, Wende H, Reuter K, et al. Lbx1 acts as a selector gene in the fate determination of somatosensory and viscerosensory relay neurons in the hindbrain. J Neurosci. 2007;27:4902-9 pubmed..In Lbx1 mutant mice, viscerosensory relay neurons are specified at the expense of somatosensory relay neurons. Thus Lbx1 expression distinguishes between the somatosensory or viscerosensory fate of relay neurons. ..
- Muller T, Brohmann H, Pierani A, Heppenstall P, Lewin G, Jessell T, et al. The homeodomain factor lbx1 distinguishes two major programs of neuronal differentiation in the dorsal spinal cord. Neuron. 2002;34:551-62 pubmed..We conclude that Lbx1 distinguishes two major neuronal classes in the dorsal spinal cord and is an important determinant of their distinct differentiation programs. ..
- Poche R, Raven M, Kwan K, Furuta Y, Behringer R, Reese B. Somal positioning and dendritic growth of horizontal cells are regulated by interactions with homotypic neighbors. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;27:1607-14 pubmed publisher..To test this directly, we have employed the Cre-loxP conditional gene targeting strategy to achieve inactivation of Lim1 function in developing horizontal cells...
- Huber A, Kania A, Tran T, Gu C, De Marco Garcia N, Lieberam I, et al. Distinct roles for secreted semaphorin signaling in spinal motor axon guidance. Neuron. 2005;48:949-64 pubmed..Thus, Sema3A-Npn-1 and Sema3F-Npn-2 signaling control distinct steps of motor axon growth and guidance during the formation of spinal motor connections. ..
- Ang S, Jin O, Rhinn M, Daigle N, Stevenson L, Rossant J. A targeted mouse Otx2 mutation leads to severe defects in gastrulation and formation of axial mesoderm and to deletion of rostral brain. Development. 1996;122:243-52 pubmed
- Poche R, Kwan K, Raven M, Furuta Y, Reese B, Behringer R. Lim1 is essential for the correct laminar positioning of retinal horizontal cells. J Neurosci. 2007;27:14099-107 pubmed..The LIM class homeodomain transcription factor Lim1 (Lhx1) is expressed in postmitotic, differentiating, and mature retinal horizontal cells...
- Ding J, Yang L, Yan Y, Chen A, Desai N, Wynshaw Boris A, et al. Cripto is required for correct orientation of the anterior-posterior axis in the mouse embryo. Nature. 1998;395:702-7 pubmed..Our results indicate that Cripto signalling is essential for the conversion of a proximal-distal asymmetry into an orthogonal anterior-posterior axis. ..
- Liang X, Song M, Xu Z, Lanuza G, Liu Y, Zhuang T, et al. Isl1 is required for multiple aspects of motor neuron development. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2011;47:215-22 pubmed publisher..In addition, Isl1 is required for survival of cranial ganglia neurons. ..
- Kwan K, Behringer R. Conditional inactivation of Lim1 function. Genesis. 2002;32:118-20 pubmed
- Bröhl D, Strehle M, Wende H, Hori K, Bormuth I, Nave K, et al. A transcriptional network coordinately determines transmitter and peptidergic fate in the dorsal spinal cord. Dev Biol. 2008;322:381-93 pubmed publisher..Inhibitory neurons of the dorsal horn derive from postmitotic neurons that express Pax2, Lbx1 and Lhx1/5, and diversify during maturation...
- Cepeda Nieto A, Pfaff S, Varela Echavarria A. Homeodomain transcription factors in the development of subsets of hindbrain reticulospinal neurons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;28:30-41 pubmed..of reticulospinal neurons in chick and mouse embryos combined with immunostaining for the homeodomain factors Lhx1/Lhx5, Lhx3/Lhx4, and Chx10 have defined transcriptional codes that label subsets of neurons with different axon ..
- Gross M, Dottori M, Goulding M. Lbx1 specifies somatosensory association interneurons in the dorsal spinal cord. Neuron. 2002;34:535-49 pubmed..Lbx1, therefore, plays a critical role in the development of sensory pathways in the spinal cord that relay pain and touch. ..
- Ben Haim N, Lu C, Guzman Ayala M, Pescatore L, Mesnard D, Bischofberger M, et al. The nodal precursor acting via activin receptors induces mesoderm by maintaining a source of its convertases and BMP4. Dev Cell. 2006;11:313-23 pubmed..Based on mathematical modeling, we discuss how these sequential loops control cell fate. ..
- Zhao Y, Kwan K, Mailloux C, Lee W, Grinberg A, Wurst W, et al. LIM-homeodomain proteins Lhx1 and Lhx5, and their cofactor Ldb1, control Purkinje cell differentiation in the developing cerebellum. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:13182-6 pubmed..Here we report that two closely related LIM-homeobox genes, Lhx1 and Lhx5, were expressed in the developing Purkinje cells soon after they exited the cell cycle and migrated out of ..
- Pfaff S, Mendelsohn M, Stewart C, Edlund T, Jessell T. Requirement for LIM homeobox gene Isl1 in motor neuron generation reveals a motor neuron-dependent step in interneuron differentiation. Cell. 1996;84:309-20 pubmed..These results show that ISL1 is required for the generation of motor neurons and suggest that motor neuron generation is required for the subsequent differentiation of certain interneurons. ..
- Arber S, Han B, Mendelsohn M, Smith M, Jessell T, Sockanathan S. Requirement for the homeobox gene Hb9 in the consolidation of motor neuron identity. Neuron. 1999;23:659-74 pubmed..These findings show that HB9 has an essential function in consolidating the identity of postmitotic MNs. ..
- Li S, Mo Z, Yang X, Price S, Shen M, Xiang M. Foxn4 controls the genesis of amacrine and horizontal cells by retinal progenitors. Neuron. 2004;43:795-807 pubmed..Our data suggest a model in which Foxn4 cooperates with other key retinogenic factors to mediate the multipotent differentiation of retinal progenitors. ..
- Pillai A, Mansouri A, Behringer R, Westphal H, Goulding M. Lhx1 and Lhx5 maintain the inhibitory-neurotransmitter status of interneurons in the dorsal spinal cord. Development. 2007;134:357-66 pubmedb>Lhx1 and Lhx5 are co-expressed in multiple interneuron cell types in the developing spinal cord...
- Kania A, Johnson R, Jessell T. Coordinate roles for LIM homeobox genes in directing the dorsoventral trajectory of motor axons in the vertebrate limb. Cell. 2000;102:161-73 pubmed..We show that two LIM homeodomain transcription factors, Lim1 and Lmx1b, control the initial trajectory of motor axons in the developing mammalian limb...
- Matise M, Joyner A. Expression patterns of developmental control genes in normal and Engrailed-1 mutant mouse spinal cord reveal early diversity in developing interneurons. J Neurosci. 1997;17:7805-16 pubmed..Rather, it is suggested that En-1 may function to distinguish a subset of interneurons during the later maturation of the spinal cord. ..
- Fotaki V, Price D, Mason J. Newly identified patterns of Pax2 expression in the developing mouse forebrain. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:79 pubmed publisher..It seems especially useful as a marker of the telencephalic septum, because of its early, strong and characteristic expression in this structure. Further, its expression is maintained in the enlarged septum of Pax6Sey/Sey mutants. ..
- Chizhikov V, Lindgren A, Currle D, Rose M, Monuki E, Millen K. The roof plate regulates cerebellar cell-type specification and proliferation. Development. 2006;133:2793-804 pubmed..Thus, in addition to the isthmus, the roof plate represents an important signaling center controlling multiple aspects of cerebellar patterning. ..
- Kramer E, Knott L, Su F, Dessaud E, Krull C, Helmbacher F, et al. Cooperation between GDNF/Ret and ephrinA/EphA4 signals for motor-axon pathway selection in the limb. Neuron. 2006;50:35-47 pubmed..This phenotype is enhanced in mutant mice lacking Ret and EphA4. Thus, Ret and EphA4 signals cooperate to enforce the precision of the same binary choice in motor-axon guidance. ..
- Mastick G, Davis N, Andrew G, Easter S. Pax-6 functions in boundary formation and axon guidance in the embryonic mouse forebrain. Development. 1997;124:1985-97 pubmed..We conclude that Pax-6 plays multiple roles in forebrain patterning, including boundary formation, regional patterning, neuron specification and axon guidance. ..
- Kelly O, Pinson K, Skarnes W. The Wnt co-receptors Lrp5 and Lrp6 are essential for gastrulation in mice. Development. 2004;131:2803-15 pubmed..The effect of reducing, but not eliminating, Wnt signaling in Lrp5(+/-);Lrp6(-/-) mutant embryos provides important insight into the interplay between Wnt, Fgf and Nodal signals in patterning the early mouse embryo. ..
- Liu P, Wakamiya M, Shea M, Albrecht U, Behringer R, Bradley A. Requirement for Wnt3 in vertebrate axis formation. Nat Genet. 1999;22:361-5 pubmed..These studies provide genetic proof for the requirement of Wnt3 in primary axis formation in the mouse. ..
- Acampora D, Avantaggiato V, Tuorto F, Briata P, Corte G, Simeone A. Visceral endoderm-restricted translation of Otx1 mediates recovery of Otx2 requirements for specification of anterior neural plate and normal gastrulation. Development. 1998;125:5091-104 pubmed..Moreover, our data lead us to hypothesize that the differential post-transcriptional control existing between VE and epiblast cells may potentially contribute to fundamental regulatory mechanisms required for head specification. ..
- Pedersen A, Skjong C, Shawlot W. Lim 1 is required for nephric duct extension and ureteric bud morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2005;288:571-81 pubmed..These results suggest that Lim 1 influences nephric duct extension and ureteric bud outgrowth by regulating and or maintaining the differentiation of the nephric epithelium. ..
- Ericson J, Rashbass P, Schedl A, Brenner Morton S, Kawakami A, van Heyningen V, et al. Pax6 controls progenitor cell identity and neuronal fate in response to graded Shh signaling. Cell. 1997;90:169-80 pubmed..2. Pax6 establishes distinct ventral progenitor cell populations and controls the identity of motor neurons and ventral interneurons, mediating graded Shh signaling in the ventral spinal cord and hindbrain. ..
- Helmbacher F, Schneider Maunoury S, Topilko P, Tiret L, Charnay P. Targeting of the EphA4 tyrosine kinase receptor affects dorsal/ventral pathfinding of limb motor axons. Development. 2000;127:3313-24 pubmed..Our data therefore suggest that the level of EphA4 protein in growing limb motor axons is involved in the selection of dorsal versus ventral trajectories, thus contributing to the topographic organisation of motor projections. ..
- Helms A, Johnson J. Progenitors of dorsal commissural interneurons are defined by MATH1 expression. Development. 1998;125:919-28 pubmed..Taken together, we demonstrate MATH1 expression in a differentiating population of neuronal precursors in the dorsal neural tube that appear to give rise specifically to dorsal commissural interneurons. ..
- Chu G, Dunn N, Anderson D, Oxburgh L, Robertson E. Differential requirements for Smad4 in TGFbeta-dependent patterning of the early mouse embryo. Development. 2004;131:3501-12 pubmed..These results suggest that Smad4 potentiates a subset of TGFbeta-related signals during early embryonic development, but is dispensable for others. ..
- Kao T, Palmesino E, Kania A. SRC family kinases are required for limb trajectory selection by spinal motor axons. J Neurosci. 2009;29:5690-700 pubmed publisher..In summary, our findings demonstrate that SFKs are essential for motor axon guidance and suggest that they play an important role in relaying ephrin:Eph signals that mediate the selection of motor axon trajectory in the limb. ..
- Carroll T, Park J, Hayashi S, Majumdar A, McMahon A. Wnt9b plays a central role in the regulation of mesenchymal to epithelial transitions underlying organogenesis of the mammalian urogenital system. Dev Cell. 2005;9:283-92 pubmed..Together these findings suggest that Wnt9b is a common organizing signal regulating diverse components of the mammalian urogenital system...
- Grieshammer U, Cebrian C, Ilagan R, Meyers E, Herzlinger D, Martin G. FGF8 is required for cell survival at distinct stages of nephrogenesis and for regulation of gene expression in nascent nephrons. Development. 2005;132:3847-57 pubmed..In the absence of FGF8 signaling, nephron formation is initiated, but the nascent nephrons do not express Wnt4 or Lim1, and nephrogenesis does not progress to the S-shaped body stage...
- Yang X, Li C, Xu X, Deng C. The tumor suppressor SMAD4/DPC4 is essential for epiblast proliferation and mesoderm induction in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:3667-72 pubmed..Altogether, these data demonstrate that SMAD4-mediated signals are required for epiblast proliferation, egg cylinder formation, and mesoderm induction. ..
- Weinstein D, Ruiz i Altaba A, Chen W, Hoodless P, Prezioso V, Jessell T, et al. The winged-helix transcription factor HNF-3 beta is required for notochord development in the mouse embryo. Cell. 1994;78:575-88 pubmed..Endodermal cells are present but fail to form a gut tube in mutant embryos. These studies indicate that HNF-3 beta has an essential role in the development of axial mesoderm in mouse embryos. ..
- Luria V, Krawchuk D, Jessell T, Laufer E, Kania A. Specification of motor axon trajectory by ephrin-B:EphB signaling: symmetrical control of axonal patterning in the developing limb. Neuron. 2008;60:1039-53 pubmed publisher..The involvement of ephrin:Eph signaling in guiding both sets of motor axons raises the possibility that other signaling systems function primarily to refine or modulate a core Eph signaling program. ..
- Sheng H, Bertuzzi S, Chiang C, Shawlot W, Taira M, Dawid I, et al. Expression of murine Lhx5 suggests a role in specifying the forebrain. Dev Dyn. 1997;208:266-77 pubmed..Lhx5 is also expressed in midbrain, hindbrain, and spinal cord, overlapping extensively with Lhx1 starting from day E10.5 of gestation...
- Minaki Y, Nakatani T, Mizuhara E, Inoue T, Ono Y. Identification of a novel transcriptional corepressor, Corl2, as a cerebellar Purkinje cell-selective marker. Gene Expr Patterns. 2008;8:418-23 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this marker was useful for unmasking the precise origin of PCs and delineating the domain map within the ventricular zone that generates cerebellar GABAergic neurons. ..
- Mansouri A, Gruss P. Pax3 and Pax7 are expressed in commissural neurons and restrict ventral neuronal identity in the spinal cord. Mech Dev. 1998;78:171-8 pubmed..Our findings reveal two distinct regulatory pathways for spinal cord neurogenesis, only one of which is dependent on Pax3/7 and 6. ..
- Morales D, Hatten M. Molecular markers of neuronal progenitors in the embryonic cerebellar anlage. J Neurosci. 2006;26:12226-36 pubmed..These results identify molecular pathways that offer new insights on the development of the nuclear and cortical structures of the cerebellum, as well as components of the cerebellar circuitry. ..
- Muller T, Anlag K, Wildner H, Britsch S, Treier M, Birchmeier C. The bHLH factor Olig3 coordinates the specification of dorsal neurons in the spinal cord. Genes Dev. 2005;19:733-43 pubmed..We conclude that Olig3 expression distinguishes the two major classes of progenitors in the dorsal spinal cord and determines the distinct specification program of class A neurons. ..
- Kania A, Jessell T. Topographic motor projections in the limb imposed by LIM homeodomain protein regulation of ephrin-A:EphA interactions. Neuron. 2003;38:581-96 pubmed..These topographic projections are established, in part, through LIM homeodomain protein control of EphA receptors and ephrin-A ligands in motor neurons and limb mesenchymal cells. ..
- Rumballe B, Georgas K, Combes A, Ju A, Gilbert T, Little M. Nephron formation adopts a novel spatial topology at cessation of nephrogenesis. Dev Biol. 2011;360:110-22 pubmed publisher..We propose that this phase of nephron formation represents an acceleration of differentiation within the cap mesenchyme due to a displacement of signals within the nephrogenic niche. ..
- Storm R, Cholewa Waclaw J, Reuter K, Bröhl D, Sieber M, Treier M, et al. The bHLH transcription factor Olig3 marks the dorsal neuroepithelium of the hindbrain and is essential for the development of brainstem nuclei. Development. 2009;136:295-305 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that Olig3 can cooperate with Ptf1a to determine the fate of climbing fiber neurons of the inferior olivary nucleus. ..
- Fujitani Y, Fujitani S, Luo H, Qiu F, Burlison J, Long Q, et al. Ptf1a determines horizontal and amacrine cell fates during mouse retinal development. Development. 2006;133:4439-50 pubmed..These data, together with the previous findings on Foxn4, provide a model in which the Foxn4-Ptf1a pathway plays a central role in directing the differentiation of retinal progenitors towards horizontal and amacrine cell fates. ..
- Park J, Valerius M, McMahon A. Wnt/beta-catenin signaling regulates nephron induction during mouse kidney development. Development. 2007;134:2533-9 pubmed..However, the failure of induced mesenchyme with high levels of beta-catenin activity to form epithelial structures suggests that modulating canonical signaling may be crucial for the cellular transition to the renal vesicle. ..
- Shawlot W, Behringer R. Requirement for Lim1 in head-organizer function. Nature. 1995;374:425-30 pubmedb>Lim1 is a homeobox gene expressed in the organizer region of mouse embryos. To investigate the role of Lim1 during embryogenesis, a targeted deletion of the Lim1 gene was generated in embryonic stem cells...
- Hilliard S, Aboudehen K, Yao X, El Dahr S. Tight regulation of p53 activity by Mdm2 is required for ureteric bud growth and branching. Dev Biol. 2011;353:354-66 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a critical and cell autonomous role for Mdm2 in the UB lineage. Mdm2-mediated inhibition of p53 activity is a prerequisite for renal organogenesis. ..
- Kobayashi A, Kwan K, Carroll T, McMahon A, Mendelsohn C, Behringer R. Distinct and sequential tissue-specific activities of the LIM-class homeobox gene Lim1 for tubular morphogenesis during kidney development. Development. 2005;132:2809-23 pubmed..The LIM-class homeobox gene Lim1 is expressed in the intermediate mesoderm, nephric duct, mesonephric tubules, ureteric bud, pretubular aggregates ..
- Miyamoto N, Yoshida M, Kuratani S, Matsuo I, Aizawa S. Defects of urogenital development in mice lacking Emx2. Development. 1997;124:1653-64 pubmed..Subsequently, however, Pax-2, c-ret and Lim1 expressions in the ureteric bud and GDNF expression in the mesenchyme were greatly reduced...
- Belo J, Bouwmeester T, Leyns L, Kertesz N, Gallo M, Follettie M, et al. Cerberus-like is a secreted factor with neutralizing activity expressed in the anterior primitive endoderm of the mouse gastrula. Mech Dev. 1997;68:45-57 pubmed..In addition to cer-l, anterior visceral endoderm was found to express the transcription factors Lim1, goosecoid and HNF-3beta that are also present in trunk organizer cells...
- Kriks S, Lanuza G, Mizuguchi R, Nakafuku M, Goulding M. Gsh2 is required for the repression of Ngn1 and specification of dorsal interneuron fate in the spinal cord. Development. 2005;132:2991-3002 pubmed..Our results provide evidence that genetic interactions involving repression of Ngn1 by Gsh2 promote the differentiation of dI3 neurons from class A progenitors. ..
- Gowan K, Helms A, Hunsaker T, Collisson T, Ebert P, Odom R, et al. Crossinhibitory activities of Ngn1 and Math1 allow specification of distinct dorsal interneurons. Neuron. 2001;31:219-32 pubmed..experiments, expression of Math1 or Ngn1 in dorsal progenitor cells determines whether LH2A/B- or dorsal Lim1/2-expressing interneurons will develop...
- Cheng L, Samad O, Xu Y, Mizuguchi R, Luo P, Shirasawa S, et al. Lbx1 and Tlx3 are opposing switches in determining GABAergic versus glutamatergic transmitter phenotypes. Nat Neurosci. 2005;8:1510-5 pubmed..These genetic studies suggest that Lbx1 expression defines a basal GABAergic differentiation state, and Tlx3 acts to antagonize Lbx1 to promote glutamatergic differentiation. ..
- Gaufo G, Wu S, Capecchi M. Contribution of Hox genes to the diversity of the hindbrain sensory system. Development. 2004;131:1259-66 pubmed..More generally, these findings contribute to our understanding of how Hox genes specifically control cellular diversity in the developing organism ..
- Huelsken J, Vogel R, Brinkmann V, Erdmann B, Birchmeier C, Birchmeier W. Requirement for beta-catenin in anterior-posterior axis formation in mice. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:567-78 pubmed..5, as visualized by the absence of Hex and Hesx1 and the mislocation of cerberus-like and Lim1 expression. Subsequently, no mesoderm and head structures are generated...
- Chen L, Guo Q, Li J. Transcription factor Gbx2 acts cell-nonautonomously to regulate the formation of lineage-restriction boundaries of the thalamus. Development. 2009;136:1317-26 pubmed publisher..We propose that, within the developing thalamus, the dynamic and differential expression of Gbx2 may be involved in the specific segregation of thalamic neurons, leading to partition of the thalamus into different nuclei. ..
- Bouchard M, Souabni A, Mandler M, Neubüser A, Busslinger M. Nephric lineage specification by Pax2 and Pax8. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2958-70 pubmed..transitions required for nephric duct formation, fails to initiate the kidney-specific expression of Lim1 and c-Ret, and is lost by apoptosis 1 d after failed pronephric induction...
- Narlis M, Grote D, Gaitan Y, Boualia S, Bouchard M. Pax2 and pax8 regulate branching morphogenesis and nephron differentiation in the developing kidney. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007;18:1121-9 pubmed..the molecular analysis of Pax2(+/-)Pax8(+/-) kidneys reveals a strong reduction in the expression levels of Lim1, a key regulator of nephron differentiation, accompanied by an increase in apoptosis...
- Rhinn M, Dierich A, Shawlot W, Behringer R, Le Meur M, Ang S. Sequential roles for Otx2 in visceral endoderm and neuroectoderm for forebrain and midbrain induction and specification. Development. 1998;125:845-56 pubmed..Altogether, these results demonstrate that Otx2 is first required in the visceral endoderm for the induction, and subsequently in the neuroectoderm for the specification of forebrain and midbrain territories. ..
- Bulchand S, Subramanian L, Tole S. Dynamic spatiotemporal expression of LIM genes and cofactors in the embryonic and postnatal cerebral cortex. Dev Dyn. 2003;226:460-9 pubmed..These results suggest multiple and distinct roles for LIM-HD, Lmo, and Clim genes in cortical development, and also support a LIM-HD-independent role for some Lmo and Clim members. ..
- Helms A, Battiste J, Henke R, Nakada Y, Simplicio N, Guillemot F, et al. Sequential roles for Mash1 and Ngn2 in the generation of dorsal spinal cord interneurons. Development. 2005;132:2709-19 pubmed..Thus, bHLH factors, particularly Mash1 and related family members Math1 and Ngn1, provide a code for generating neuronal diversity in the dorsal spinal cord with Ngn2 serving to modulate the number of neurons in each population formed. ..
- Barnes J, Crosby J, Jones C, Wright C, Hogan B. Embryonic expression of Lim-1, the mouse homolog of Xenopus Xlim-1, suggests a role in lateral mesoderm differentiation and neurogenesis. Dev Biol. 1994;161:168-78 pubmed..These data suggest that in the mouse embryo Lim-1 plays a role in early mesoderm formation and later specification of a differentiated phenotype in subsets of cells of the mesonephros and sensory neurons of the CNS. ..
- Self M, Lagutin O, Bowling B, Hendrix J, Cai Y, Dressler G, et al. Six2 is required for suppression of nephrogenesis and progenitor renewal in the developing kidney. EMBO J. 2006;25:5214-28 pubmed..We propose that in the developing kidney, Six2 activity is required for maintaining the mesenchymal progenitor population in an undifferentiated state by opposing the inductive signals emanating from the ureteric bud...
- Miesegaes G, Klisch T, Thaller C, Ahmad K, Atkinson R, Zoghbi H. Identification and subclassification of new Atoh1 derived cell populations during mouse spinal cord development. Dev Biol. 2009;327:339-51 pubmed publisher..Altogether we reveal the existence of multiple Atoh1 dependent cell types in the spinal cord, and uncover a novel progenitor domain that arises late in development. ..
- Muroyama Y, Fujihara M, Ikeya M, Kondoh H, Takada S. Wnt signaling plays an essential role in neuronal specification of the dorsal spinal cord. Genes Dev. 2002;16:548-53 pubmed..Thus, Wnt signaling plays a critical role in the specification of cell types for dorsal interneurons. ..
- Hsieh J, Lee L, Zhang L, Wefer S, Brown K, DeRossi C, et al. Mesd encodes an LRP5/6 chaperone essential for specification of mouse embryonic polarity. Cell. 2003;112:355-67 pubmed
- Ang S, Rossant J. HNF-3 beta is essential for node and notochord formation in mouse development. Cell. 1994;78:561-74 pubmed..HNF-3 beta is not required for the development of definitive endoderm cells, but foregut morphogenesis is severely affected in HNF-3 beta -/- embryos. ..